Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another (18970 Views)

President Buhari Plans Another Trip To South Africa / Bancorp Bank In The United States Plans To Return Rotimi Amaechi’s $757 Million / Kano Returns 52 Beggars To Home States. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 12, 2013
londoner:
I'm sure you know the reason why some did not want to be in team GB was because they are to ask FIFA to recognise their national football teams, just as they have their own rugby teams.....there is nothing wrong in that, is there?

Nigeria should develop a national plan, to deal with people who are deemed destitute and insane........this is something more advanced countries did a long time ago.

If the UK is one country like you want us to believe, why do the different countries within the union have separate football teams? Well, they asked FIFA and FIFA said they could all represent TeamGB, however, most of the players from the other countries refused to play for TeamGB. Also, Andy Murray is also vocal about his Scottish nationality and he could care less about being British - does that make him uncivilised?

Nah, Nigeria needs to restructure the country and create semi-autonomous regions...that's what that cesspit needs to do. undecidedundecided
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 7:38am On Aug 12, 2013
^^^ the discussion is not about having separate identities.....it is about an uncivilised way of dealing with people who are deemed destitute and mentally ill. It is about the crude way that people have been deported within their country and the uncivilised way in which people are dealt with, in Nigeria.

You can not compare the actions and attitudes that have unfolded, with anything comparable within the UK, or any other westernised country.

Its distateful, to all who dont champion the mistreatment and wanton disregard for your fellow human being.

Seriously, you are clutching at straws trying to equate an IRA youth with these beggers that were deported.

At the end of the day, if Nigeria is to run on tribal lines alone, why not deport ALL, who are not Yoruba from Lagos,no matter their mental state or pocket?

Why not deport ALL from Rivers State?

If the notion that Nigeria is a country and actually has citizens which belong to it, is a falsehood, then all should agree to separate and go back to their own region and state.

You cant have your cake and eat it too.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2013
ShymX:

If the UK is one country like you want us to believe, why do the different countries within the union have separate football teams? Well, they asked FIFA and FIFA said they could all represent TeamGB, however, most of the players from the other countries refused to play for TeamGB. Also, Andy Murray is also vocal about his Scottish nationality and he could care less about being British - does that make him uncivilised?

Nah, Nigeria needs to restructure the country and create semi-autonomous regions...that's what that cesspit needs to do. undecidedundecided

Shymx....you are trying to say that having a strong idenitity is what i call uncivilised.....where did I say that.

CLEARLY, what I deem uncivilized is bundling a group of people you deem destitute or insane and dumping them in another state. As a government,not doing anything about a properly agreed and instituted hand over. They were dumped in Anambra state etc by state governments, who by all accounts did not make any communication with their families to collect them.

That IS uncivilised, because that is NOT the practice in any civilised country. Where is the protocol or proceedure for it?

The fact that a state government can non cholantly dump a citizen in a place crazy to me, and irresponsible.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 12, 2013
^^^^The only thing uncivilised about the whole thing is the refusal of the Anambra government to accept its destitutes after being contacted by the LSG.

Are IRA youths not part of the union? So why do they get sent back to Belfast every time they're arrested for constituting nuisance in England? A security threat is a security threat - and Lagos has a right to protect its territory. Lagos can't carry the burden of all Nigerians, let the state governments of those destitutes look after their people. Lagos as it's, is already overpopulated - people need to start looking elsewhere for succour.

Again, I see you never said anything about how Anambra deported child-beggars to their state of origin in 2011, yet you keep getting moist about Lagos. undecided

Finally, going our separate ways seems to be the best option - and I endorse it. Let's get it! cool
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^^^ Shymx....look the fact that you see everything with a tribalised tint, does not mean that everyone does.

My standards and my own reasoning is beyond the tribe of the person a particular act originated from.

What is wrong is wrong, as I mentioned earlier, whether Lagos, Abia, Rivers or Bauchi states.....my opinion is the same.

It is still the same thing.

You are convinced my stance would be different, simply because [i]you [/i]are unable to see a situation without checking the region or tribe first, to conclude whether an action is right or wrong.

That is you......not me.

Pardon me to say, but its stances like yours, so motivated by tribe that makes me reject tribalism to my core. It corrupts otherwise good judgement and makes a person unable to really stand by any type of strict set of values. All is passed through a filter of supposed tribal affiliation, even to the extent of conveniently ignoring facts.

Good luck with that, but I will remain a Londoner, a Nigerian and an Igbo.

Tribalist tendencies? I have no use for them. you see, I'm good with my Naija peeps.....not going to go around boxing shadows, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Amosun At The Convocation Ceremony Of Babcock University / Killings: Miyetti Allah Rejects Calls For Service Chiefs Sacking / I Will Defeat Atiku, Even In Adamawa – Okorocha