Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another (18971 Views)

President Buhari Plans Another Trip To South Africa / Bancorp Bank In The United States Plans To Return Rotimi Amaechi’s $757 Million / Kano Returns 52 Beggars To Home States. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Klinee: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2013
antartica:

It could mean the indigenous PH people feel threatened by the ibos too?Most of the high profile names from that area sounds ibo,i.e,amaechi,chime and co.
majority of river state indigenes are igbo.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by aljharem(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2013
Klinee: majority of river state indigenes are igbo.

That's the funniest comment on this thread. So likes of ijaw, ikwerre, okirika, bonny etc are igbos ? Kalabari, opobo to igbos ?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Iykopee(m): 10:53am On Aug 07, 2013
eGuerrilla:

If you have any problems with the report, I suggest you seek some form of redress from Rivers state government directly -- http://www.riversstate.gov.ng/item/1432-rsg-committed-to-rid-port-harcourt-of-destitutes.html/

Any more unsolicited attacks on my handle and I will expressly request your banishment for a period.

Dude am sorry if was 2 harsh the way i replied some posts earlier on.. But for the avoidance of doubt, u need to step into PH and see for urself the people who constitutes d largest proportion of beggars. Moreso, someone posited that the neighbouring states to rivers state are anambra, imo and abia. I guess that isnt d basic truth if not for hidden motives to flaw the igbos', d poster shud have known that, bayelsa, imo, abia and akwaibom are the neighbouring states to rivers state. We just have to allude to facts, and state the truth to clear the air.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Iykopee(m): 10:58am On Aug 07, 2013
Klinee: majority of river state indigenes are igbo.

The igbo-speaking rivers people are part of the majority.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by ijawcitizen(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2013
Iykopee:

The igbo-speaking rivers people are part of the majority.
Who are the Igbo-speaking people who make up a non-existent "majority" in Rivers state?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Iykopee(m): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
ijaw citizen: Who are the Igbo-speaking people who make up a non-existent "majority" in Rivers state?

U aint an indigene of rivers state. no need to school u.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by ijawcitizen(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
Iykopee:

U aint an indigene of rivers state. no need to school u.
Then I'd take it upon myself to SCHOOL you since you are the Ignorant one here.

Rivers state is made up of 23 local government areas which are carved in a LARGELY precise manner along ethnic lines, and the ethnicities are broadly classified as IJAW, IGBO & OGONI. Whatever futher distinctions that may exist are mainly clanish and dialectical differnces.

OGONI (4)
1. Khana
2. Tai
3. Gokana
4. Eleme
......and parts of Oyigbo Lga

IGBO (cool
5. Ikwerre (Ikwerre)
6. Emohua (Ikwerre)
7. Omuma
8. Etche (Etche)
9. Ahoada East (Ekpeye)
10. Obio-Akpo (Ikwerre)
11. Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni
12. Oyigbo (partly Ogoni)

IGBO & IJAW
13. Ahoada East (Ekpeye & Engenni)
14. Port Harcourt (Ikwerre & Okrika)
......Both with HQs in Ijaw communities (Akinima & Old GRA respectively)

IJAW (9)
15. Akuku Toru (Kalabari)
16. Asari Toru (Kalabari)
17. Degema (Kalabari, Bille & Degema)
18. Abua/Odual
19. Okrika (Okrika)
20. Ogu/Bolo (Okrika)
21. Bonny (Ibani)
22. Opobo/Nkoro (Ibani & Nkoro)
23. Andoni (Andoni)

Thank me later!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
londoner: Look, it does not matter how many states join this madness, or from which region or tribe.

It is inherently wrong, by the process alone.

How can a government round people up and simply move them to be destitute somewhere else?

If someone is a citizen of the country and is domiciled in a particular state, the governor and powers that be in that state are supposed to relate to them as people in their wards.

Even if they want to move people back to their birth place, are they saying they are no longer free to be in any part of Nigeria?

Its insane to me.....but then I am used to a civilised country and government. One who does not mistreat people because they need help.

In london, nobody wants to know which city you were born in to give you help.........the fact that there is no welfare state is the cause of this. Some of these people could have once been gainfully employed and even taxpayers in the states and cities they are now being deported from.

This attitute of these governments are backwards and quite inhuman.

No tall buildings, roads or billions of naira can take the place of the refinement of the human spirit.

If there are smart governors out there, they should really look into training and rehabilitation. There are many people who are great now, who were once destitute.

Take JK rawlings for an example.....she wrote Harry Potter while being unemployed and on government benefit.

Oprah was also very, very poor once.....look at them now.

They both made it worldwide.......far and wide outside there city of birth or state of origin.

I am so ashamed of Nigeria right now.....this is a new low.

Again these people will make their way to the mosque and church on friday and Sunday.....feigning understanding of what it means to look after the poor and destitute among us.

Nigerians now worship money and if you have none, you are no longer even human.

At least governors should meet and set out a framework and correct process.

Are you sure you live in the UK and your Londoner handle isn't as fictitious as those who claim other UK cities on NL? If you do, then you would know that sending people back to where they're originally from, or where there families live, is as civilised as western civilisation itself. Let me educate you, if you move outside your abode in the UK, to any other borough, or other parts of the UK, without a fixed abode over there - the police have a right to send you back to where you're from, if you're arrested. Also, if you're unlucky and you encounter racist feds - like the ones in affluent areas, where black folks are an extinct breed - you might be locked up on remand before they send you back to wherever you're from within the country. Err...try speaking with a London accent in Solihull or Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, after you're arrested for constituting a nuisance out there, and see if you won't get thrown on the next train to London.

I bet giving people ASBOs is also uncivilised to you, yes? Well, there are thousands of people with ASBOs in the UK - can the UK be labelled as "uncivilised" as well? How about the prerequisite for applying for council houses in the UK? - I don't need to remind you, if you're actually from the UK that you need to live within a borough continuously for five years or more or have lived in the borough for a total of five out of the last seven years to qualify. Is that also an uncivilised behaviour? And Nigerians based in America have posted links on this forum about the same occurrences in America.

The truth is that, state governments aren't responsible for ALL Nigerians, they're only responsible for the indigenes and tax payers within their respective states. Those deported should hold their state governments and federal government responsible for their plight. Yes, there should be responsibility to protect - however you can't always do that to your detriments, especially when most of these people are ingrates. And yes, we should always help and protect the disadvantaged people among us - but that's primarily the job of the federal government, based on the way the country is structured - but as you've always shown yourself to be a GEJ-apologist, I bet you won't blame him for the state of the nation. Rather, you would join the lousy and innate simplistic irritants who view everything based on their myopic thought process. You know the ones who think GEJ is now god-like because he turned run-down flying cesspits into 14th century airports. I dare say DR Congo has two international airports that make even the Lagos airport look like a bus station. And even the National Express bus station in Digbeth, Birmingham looks better than all the airports in Nigeria - save for Lagos and Abuja. Yet you and your ilk celebrate the medieval achievements or lack thereof, of a lame duck president. But anything to critique on Lagos - you lot would jump on the bandwagon with your indoctrinated and inane mindset, of hating everything on the other side.

Finally, if what happened in Lagos, Abuja, Anambra and Portharcourt - about the relocation of destitutes happens everywhere on the planet - including places where western civilisation is in its purest form - so why did you lot single Lagos and its governor out for critique and malicious attacks? An attack on Lagos, is an attack on its indigenes (and that's their home) - regardless of how many Nigerians now call Lagos their home. It seems the problem with most of you is that, you're hypocrites and bias. You only apply your utopian beliefs when it's time to critique those you love to hate. However, when it's time to be objective with your utopianism - you become clannish.

PS: Seun, your forum is under content lock on some applications in the UK and I won't be surprised if it's blacklisted in the nearest future after what happened on http://ask.fm/ ...

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Klinee: 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
alj harem:

That's the funniest comment on this thread. So likes of ijaw, ikwerre, okirika, bonny etc are igbos ? Kalabari, opobo to igbos ?
majority of tribe u mention here speaks igbo go and verify b4 u talk ok
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by blaqoracle: 3:58am On Aug 08, 2013
Otseh: why can't nigeria be one? what is indigenes and non indigenes in the same country? i thought every nigerian has right to live in any part of the country of their choice, so why this repatration of non indigenes to their state? the one Fashola did has not settled, rivers followed. very soon, even normal people will be asked to go to their states. Another problem is on the way. GEJ shld act fast to stop this madness. many of us take citizenship of foreing countries but we are illegal allens in our own country.
would you use your meagre resourse to feed people that dont always appreciate your hospitality.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by HopeAtHand: 10:40am On Aug 08, 2013
eastOFwest:

I guess you've never stepped out of Lagos-ibadan before? Neighbouring states to rivers are bayelsa, akwa ibom, cross rivers, IMO and abia!!!
Cross River...Pls i think you need the stepping out or get a geography txtbk and checkout the map of Nigeria
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by deocakes(f): 11:33am On Aug 08, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source
sendin d destitutes back to deir states is nt d solutn to d problem bt all states sud tak them off d streets n cater 4 dem, gve thm smething to do, dat who fetch dem moni to feed themselves
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
ShymX:

Are you sure you live in the UK and your Londoner handle isn't as fictitious as those who claim other UK cities on NL? If you do, then you would know that sending people back to where they're originally from, or where there families live, is as civilised as western civilisation itself. Let me educate you, if you move outside your abode in the UK, to any other borough, or other parts of the UK, without a fixed abode over there - the police have a right to send you back to where you're from, if you're arrested. Also, if you're unlucky and you encounter racist feds - like the ones in affluent areas, where black folks are an extinct breed - you might be locked up on remand before they send you back to wherever you're from within the country. Err...try speaking with a London accent in Solihull or Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, after you're arrested for constituting a nuisance out there, and see if you won't get thrown on the next train to London.

I bet giving people ASBOs is also uncivilised to you, yes? Well, there are thousands of people with ASBOs in the UK - can the UK be labelled as "uncivilised" as well? How about the prerequisite for applying for council houses in the UK? - I don't need to remind you, if you're actually from the UK that you need to live within a borough continuously for five years or more or have lived in the borough for a total of five out of the last seven years to qualify. Is that also an uncivilised behaviour? And Nigerians based in America have posted links on this forum about the same occurrences in America.

The truth is that, state governments aren't responsible for ALL Nigerians, they're only responsible for the indigenes and tax payers within their respective states. Those deported should hold their state governments and federal government responsible for their plight. Yes, there should be responsibility to protect - however you can't always do that to your detriments, especially when most of these people are ingrates. And yes, we should always help and protect the disadvantaged people among us - but that's primarily the job of the federal government, based on the way the country is structured - but as you've always shown yourself to be a GEJ-apologist, I bet you won't blame him for the state of the nation. Rather, you would join the lousy and innate simplistic irritants who view everything based on their myopic thought process. You know the ones who think GEJ is now god-like because he turned run-down flying cesspits into 14th century airports. I dare say DR Congo has two international airports that make even the Lagos airport look like a bus station. And even the National Express bus station in Digbeth, Birmingham looks better than all the airports in Nigeria - save for Lagos and Abuja. Yet you and your ilk celebrate the medieval achievements or lack thereof, of a lame duck president. But anything to critique on Lagos - you lot would jump on the bandwagon with your indoctrinated and inane mindset, of hating everything on the other side.

Finally, if what happened in Lagos, Abuja, Anambra and Portharcourt - about the relocation of destitutes happens everywhere on the planet - including places where western civilisation is in its purest form - so why did you lot single Lagos and its governor out for critique and malicious attacks? An attack on Lagos, is an attack on its indigenes (and that's their home) - regardless of how many Nigerians now call Lagos their home. It seems the problem with most of you is that, you're hypocrites and bias. You only apply your utopian beliefs when it's time to critique those you love to hate. However, when it's time to be objective with your utopianism - you become clannish.

PS: Seun, your forum is under content lock on some applications in the UK and I won't be surprised if it's blacklisted in the nearest future after what happened on http://ask.fm/ ...
#

There is nothing like where you are from when it comes to the UK, especially within say one country like England. You should know this.

Lol, I don't need to convince anyone about my Londoner authenticity...lol, its evident from my point of view.

If a person moves from Liverpool and lives in London for say five years........who will deport that person back to Liverpool? Even if he or she loses a job and ends up on government benefits?

Your camparison of people moving AS BEGGARS is quite a michief.......who claimed these people were mad and destitute upon arrival to Lagos for example?

It is likely if they have come from as far away as Anambra state, that they became destitute after living there for some time.

Also, lets not conveniently forget the accounts of people who were deported from Lagos, that they were gainfully employed and in business, but were still bundled off with those who were destitute.

You are talking about ASBOs as if it is about where a person is from. It is about anti social behaviour, not the money in your pocket or the mental illness. People get moved out of an area because of ASBOS and complaints, it is not about their percieved origin and definatly not about whether they are destitute or not.

Dude....The UK system is more civilized than that. In fact if a person is on the street insane or destitute they are taken to shelters or psych hospital.

They are not simply picked up and dropped off to just be destitute and ill somewhere else.

People get ASBO's right where they were born and live, it has nothing to do with where a person is from.....we do not gave that same concept in England for example.......people dont belong to tribes and people are not traced in order to deport or drop them off in the middle of the night.

The difference is, my friend, even if someone takes it upon themselves to take your rights.....you will have recourse and other people will not support it....including the media.

Were you born and raised in the UK or Nigeria, may I ask?

The UK does not do what these states are doing......they understand their responsibility and they have no equivalent of state of origin within one country. You are talking about a country who had a Scottish Prime minister.....they don't think like Nigerians in power and simply oppress those in need.

I find it outrageous that you will try to draw a link between the poor and ill, and someone who has an ASBO. Even if a person is given and ASBO for begging.....they are not simply moved on and dumped to begin begging elsewhere.

An ASBO is given by a court, which means that person at least has a chance to defend him/herself (in other words human rights). The ASBO has terms on it which should not be breached and they have a duration.

If terms are breached there can be a rehabilitation order. it is not about moving the food around the plate, or passing round the hot potato.

No matter which way you try and term it......it is uncivilized and devoid of any legalized process. It is just on the whims of governors to the detriment of those who are poor or sick....as usual.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by naptu2: 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
deocakes: sendin d destitutes back to deir states is nt d solutn to d problem bt all states sud tak them off d streets n cater 4 dem, gve thm smething to do, dat who fetch dem moni to feed themselves

That's already being done, but some of them choose to return to their families. Those are the ones that are returned.

Check this thread to see what's being done to enable them feed themselves.

https://www.nairaland.com/1373045/fashola-provides-skill-training-hawkers
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
londoner: #
There is nothing like where you are from when it comes to the UK, especially within say one country like England. You should know this.

Lol, I don't need to convince anyone about my Londoner authenticity...lol, its evident from my point of view.

If a person moves from Liverpool and lives in London for say five years........who will deport that person back to Liverpool? Even if he or she loses a job and ends up on government benefits?

Your camparison of people moving AS BEGGARS is quite a michief.......who claimed these people were mad and destitute upon arrival to Lagos for example?

It is likely if they have come from as far away as Anambra state, that they became destitute after living there for some time.

Also, lets not conveniently forget the accounts of people who were deported from Lagos, that they were gainfully employed and in business, but were still bundled off with those who were destitute.

You are talking about ASBOs as if it is about where a person is from. It is about anti social behaviour, not the money in your pocket or the mental illness. People get moved out of an area because of ASBOS and complaints, it is not about their percieved origin and definatly not about whether they are destitute or not.

Dude....The UK system is more civilized than that. In fact if a person is on the street insane or destitute they are taken to shelters or psych hospital.

They are not simply picked up and dropped off to just be destitute and ill somewhere else.

People get ASBO's right where they were born and live, it has nothing to do with where a person is from.....we do not gave that same concept in England for example.......people dont belong to tribes and people are not traced in order to deport or drop them off in the middle of the night.

The difference is, my friend, even if someone takes it upon themselves to take your rights.....you will have recourse and other people will not support it....including the media.

Were you born and raised in the UK or Nigeria, may I ask?

The UK does not do what these states are doing......they understand their responsibility and they have no equivalent of state of origin within one country. You are talking about a country who had a Scottish Prime minister.....they don't think like Nigerians in power and simply oppress those in need.

I find it outrageous that you will try to draw a link between the poor and ill, and someone who has an ASBO. Even if a person is given and ASBO for begging.....they are not simply moved on and dumped to begin begging elsewhere.

An ASBO is given by a court, which means that person at least has a chance to defend him/herself (in other words human rights). The ASBO has terms on it which should not be breached and they have a duration.

If terms are breached there can be a rehabilitation order. it is not about moving the food around the plate, or passing round the hot potato.

No matter which way you try and term it......it is uncivilized and devoid of any legalized process. It is just on the whims of governors to the detriment of those who are poor or sick....as usual.

How's it evident from your point-of-view and when did Londoners started having the same point-of-view? The last time I checked: there are conservatives, liberals, moderates, extremists, Islamists, Pan-Africanists, Sheiks, Africans et al in London. Even all these ideologies have subgroups - where everyone has different point-of-view about everything. Pray tell, how your point-of-view proves anything! There's no sheep mentality out here in London town - you've got a freedom to think how you want to, based on your understanding of the subject matter, hence why "critical review" is part of the uni syllabus.

You cited if a person moves from Liverpool and lived in London for FIVE YEARS. The reference point is FIVE YEARS. However, have these people been in Lagos for FIVE YEARS? The last time I checked, Lagos didn't just deport everyone that's non-indigent to the state - it deported destitutes who probably moved to Lagos a few weeks/months before they were sent back - and they all have no fixed abode within the state. And it's evident from the picture of the people posted - that they're definitely destitutes, what else do you want?

Also, if they came from Anambra and became destitutes in Lagos - how about going back to Anambra, where they can get a roof on their heads, rather than constitute nuisance in a next place? Anyway, anyone can claim to be gainfully employed, or indoctrinated to claim anything with proof. But I doubt the LSG would've deported if they were gainfully employed since there are millions of gainfully employed people from that part doing their thing in Lagos without any disturbance whatsoever. So why would the LSG single out those 14 "gainfully employed" destitutes out of the lot?

I only cited ASBO to buttress my point of your claim that the action of the LSG is uncivilised. Why should anyone be denied their right to move freely to anywhere and everywhere? The crux of the matter is that, if you think re-uniting destitutes who could become a security threat to a state is uncivilised - what would you call ASBO then? Why should anyone be barred from any place in their own country for anti-social behaviour? At the end of the day, the parallel I'm trying to draw is that, when anyone becomes a security threat - then civilise/civilisation has to take the back seat.

That's the UK that you read on the pages of the newspaper. I've lived all my life here and I've been to almost everywhere - from London - up to West Midlands, East Midlands, Liverpool, Chester etc.. I can tell you everything isn't just what you hear. And shelters are full, so re-uniting people with their families is the easiest thing to do these days. Heck, people who're sectioned in the UK always beg to be returned to their families within the country but most times they don't return. I know a naija man that was sectioned for 10 years and he said he pleaded with them, to go back to his family in London, however they refused to let him go. Isn't that worse? I can cite different stories and hearsay. I'm out here in the community and I talk to a lot of people about their experiences and it isn't just straightforward like that. Most times they hold people against their will and this is more or less like putting them in prison. However, the LSG didn't even do that. They did the right thing and gave them their freedom.

Regardless, these people were also taken to a rehabilitation centre and they were there for 6months.

This is a simplistic point-of-view and I doubt you're from the UK. If people don't belong have place of origin in the UK, I wonder where Scouser, Londoner, Brummie etc. came from. Heck, I wonder why everyone says:" where are you from?" You're just chatting tosh now, you need to stop reading about the UK and actually move out here to know how the system works. Anyway, regardless, the UK is a tribal society beneath the superficial globalisation tosh you see everywhere. If you studied history classes in school - you ought to know that. Also, no one needs to ask you about where you're from within the country - the accent is a give-a-away and I already cited what might happen to you in either Solihull or Sutton Coldfield, if you're arrested by their local police and you've no fixed abode in that area. You'll find yourself on the next available train to London. Don't ask me how I know, I've been everywhere.

I know a naija guy that moved to Aston (Birmingham) from London with his family, when he was 14/15, who was always going in and out of prison. However, when his family moved back to London, he was barred from there and told to return to London. He was shifted last summer when he came back to Birmingham - and he's still in prison now doing the 18 months he has left on his license.

The media only care about news that they can sensationalise. I know three people (boogie, termz and mad larry) that were shot dead in Peckham between 2008 and 2011, and only one of them (boogie) made the news. But those who killed them are still out there walking freely despite all the clues on social media. Also, before Mark Duggan was shot dead by the feds - a guy from Peckham was shot dead and thrown down from the 4th floor, in Birmingham. However, it never made the news and the feds claimed he shot himself. How many people have been killed in UK prisons and the story twisted to them commiting suicide?

I was born and raised in Peckham, moved to Birmingham when I was 17/18 and lived there for like 6/7, before I moved back to ldn last year. Just know that London Met Police is different from West Midlands Police - and the UK isn't just London. I used to be rowdy and I know the system, in and out. Don't believe the hype - it's a different story entirely when you're dealing with the system. And the media only report things they feel people would be interested in reading.

Anyway, what's special about the UK having a Scottish Prime Minister? isn't Scotland part of the union and also own the North Sea oil? The analogy is baseless. That's like saying there's something special about GEJ being the president of Nigeria. Isn't Niger Delta part of Nigeria? *Face Palm*

Lastly, it's rich coming from you. Didn't you assert on another thread that Lagosians shouldn't be allowed in Akwa Ibom because their mentality is different and they might turn the place to another Lagos? Perhaps, that was why I questioned your objectivity regarding this issue. Anyway, state governors are only responsible for their states, no all Nigerians. That's the responsibility of the federal government. Just as Boris Johnson and my local Mayor aren't responsible for all Brits - Boris is responsible for Londoners and my Mayor is responsible for people in my Borough.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 9:29am On Aug 09, 2013
^^^^^

Need I remind you that you are only a Londoner, as am I, because our parents came from another country.....not even another part of England or the UK.

Use the same measurement for others for yourself and yours and you will see how distasteful this action is.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 9:47am On Aug 09, 2013
Also shymx....could you repost your assertion and my response in that Uyo thread. Let people see what was actually said, not the spin you are pushing on it.

Let people see facts rather than trying to suggest that I am some kind of tribalist. My mind does not think like yours and I understand and appreciate the way my birth city enables people to come from far and wide, to call it home, without fear of being bungled up and dropped off in the middle of the night.

Obviously you have not come to that stage.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
londoner: ^^^^^

Need I remind you that you are only a Londoner, as am I, because our parents came from another country.....not even another part of England or the UK.

Use the same measurement for others for yourself and yours and you will see how distasteful this action is.

Yeah, they're from another country, hence why I'm passionate about my identity and ancestry. However, do you see immigrants and descendants question the culture/tradition of the UK? Have you ever seen Africans call the UK "no man's land?" Have you ever seen immigrants talk down on London and claim they developed the city? Evidently, what's distasteful is the lack of respect and effrontery the Igbo's have for Lagos and Yoruba's in general.

The crux of the matter isn't the deportation itself, but the lousiness of Igbo's. That wasn't the first time people were sent back to their home states in Nigeria and Lagos. Heck, Anambra did the same thing to fellow Igbo's in 2011...and Abia and Imo did something similar in the past as well. How come all these pseudo-analysts/activists only found their voice(s) when Lagos did the same thing?

Perhaps, it has to do with their innate hatred for Lagos and their sense of ownership to a city that belongs to other people.

Also, even with the UK, has a Scot ever been the Mayor of London? And can a Welsh be the leader of the Scottish Parliament? Even out here, the aristocrats rarely mix with the commoners - and that's a fact! Heck, we all saw how Gordon Brown lynched by the UK media when he was PM because of his Scottish roots. The UK isn't a perfect society as well. The superficial treatment meted to immigrant generations are done because of the UN and EU and due to the fact that the UK is one of the leaders of the world order and globalisation - beneath that, the country is just as territorial and tribalistic as Nigeria. If not, how come I've to be British and NOT ENGLISH?
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by DerideGull(m): 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
LOVE.HAPPINESS:

Instead of advocating for breaking up Nigeria, why don't we advocate for better governance so that there are less beggars and destitutes?

You can not have good governance in a house with dilapidated foundation and dysfunctional cracks. The idea of good governance in Nigeria is a skewed copout and slogan of a deluded dreamer.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
londoner: Also shymx....could you repost your assertion and my response in that Uyo thread. Let people see what was actually said, not the spin you are pushing on it.

Let people see facts rather than trying to suggest that I am some kind of tribalist. My mind does not think like yours and I understand and appreciate the way my birth city enables people to come from far and wide, to call it home, without fear of being bungled up and dropped off in the middle of the night.

Obviously you have not come to that stage.

Your post again:

londoner:

Why? Because the good people of Uyo would like to see the place remain neat and serene.

If people will be moved from Lagos, they need to be re-educated in the Uyo/Akwa Ibom way of live and not turn it into another Lagos. The "Lagos mentality" can really spoil a place that's trying to be clean and quiet.That's my opinion.

^^^^ You want "the good people of Uyo to see the place remain neat and serene"(paraphrasing), however, you have a problem with the good people of Lagos wanting to see their own city go back to when it was neat and serene, yeah? If that isn't hypocrisy, I don't know what it's.

Also, why should people from Lagos be "re-educated" before they move to Uyo? Are they not Nigerians as well? Err...let me draw a comparison with the UK - do Londoners get re-educated before they're allowed to move other parts of the UK? tongue

Obviously, we've got two different mindsets and ideologies. I'm more of a realist, however, you on the other hand, are more of an idealist who's fixated on pseudo-utopianism. Also, I don't need to come to that "stage" - I've already been there and done that. You can go check my older threads. At the end of the day, we all grow differently and our consciousness is different. I'm older now and I'm more passionate about my identity. My identity is my pride as a human being and I won't let no one take that away from me. I don't know which of the states in Nigeria your parents are from but I believe you would be singing a different tune as well if it came under the same level of venomous attacks Lagos has experienced in the past few months.

A people without history are like the wind...and - a people without a land are like slaves without a voice a la Palestinians. Indigenous people must be PROTECTED on their lands AT ALL TIMES! Heck, there's a UN charter for that.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by DerideGull(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
0mo-nna:

The reason Zik was chased out was because he lost the vote not "election" to be Premier. In the Parliamentary system you are elected as a legislator and it is the legislators who vote in Premiers NOT the electorate. The legislators who were almost entirely Yorubas voted for Zik not Awo. That is the nature of Parliamentary politics

The above is a blatant falsehood. The leader of the party that won majority seats or form coalition becomes the premier or prime minister.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by DerideGull(m): 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
ShymX:

Your post again:

^^^^ You want "the good people of Uyo to see the place remain neat and serene"(paraphrasing), however, you have a problem with the good people of Lagos wanting to see their own city go back to when it was neat and serene, yeah? If that isn't hypocrisy, I don't know what it's.

Also, why should people from Lagos be "re-educated" before they move to Uyo? Are they not Nigerians as well? Err...let me draw a comparison with the UK - do Londoners get re-educated before they're allowed to move other parts of the UK? tongue

Obviously, we've got two different mindsets and ideologies. I'm more of a realist, however, you on the other hand, are more of an idealist who's fixated on pseudo-utopianism. Also, I don't need to come to that "stage" - I've already been there and done that. You can go check my older threads. At the end of the day, we all grow differently and our consciousness is different. I'm older now and I'm more passionate about my identity. My identity is my pride as a human being and I won't let no one take that away from me. I don't know which of the states in Nigeria your parents are from but I believe you would be singing a different tune as well if it came under the same level of venomous attacks Lagos has experienced in the past few months.

A people without history are like the wind...and - a people without a land are like slaves without a voice a la Palestinians. Indigenous people must be PROTECTED on their lands AT ALL TIMES! Heck, there's a UN charter for that.

You should have joined the calls for disintegration of Nigeria if you were slightly a clueless realist as you would want us to believe. I guess you sublimely described your sorry self when you accused someone of being fixated on utopian ideals. Do you not think Nigeria is classical example of your pseudo-utopianism? I would have given your crap a second look if I did not know your so-called identity.
Again, I am sorry to remind you that the Palestinian drivel in your post is a public display of ignorance.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 5:18am On Aug 10, 2013
@Shymx....

ondoner:

Why? Because the good people of Uyo would like to see the place remain neat and serene.

[b]If people will be moved from Lagos, they need to be re-educated in the Uyo/Akwa Ibom way of live [/b]and not turn it into another Lagos. The "Lagos mentality" can really spoil a place that's trying to be clean and quiet.That's my opinion.

So....you did not see the highlighted part?

Unlike you....when I say people from lagos, or even Lagosian....IT DOES NOT MEAN JUST YORUBA.

To me it means someone who has adopted the Lagos way.....the big city, fast paced, noise filled, flashy and generally gra gra way of life. You can tell someone who has either lived in Lagos for a long time or waqs born and raised there.......that goes for whether they are Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.

As you could see in the Uyo thread the place is calm and serene.......and it should stay that way. Better suited to those who can perpetuate that lifestyle.

The simple fact is....you are a tribalist, whether you live in London or not. I am a Nigerian, born and raised in London, of Igbo heritage........we are not the same.

So trying to spew out your tribalist gospel, is wasted on me.......you may need to try it with other posters.

It is people like Rossike, I respect and have an affinity with, not the likes of you.

I find your stance to be outdated and backward.

No matter how many times you mention the UK, the UN or any other civilized place......you can never equate them deportation of the poor and ill by a government, without any system or adequate arrangements coordinated for their welfare.

It is backward and uncivilized...whether done by Lagos state, Rivers state, Enugu state, Imo state or Kaduna state.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 10, 2013
londoner: @Shymx....

ondoner:

[b]If people will be moved from Lagos, they need to be re-educated in the Uyo/Akwa Ibom way of live [/b]and not turn it into another Lagos. The "Lagos mentality" can really spoil a place that's trying to be clean and quiet.That's my opinion.

So....you did not see the highlighted part?

Unlike you....when I say people from lagos, or even Lagosian....IT DOES NOT MEAN JUST YORUBA.

To me it means someone who has adopted the Lagos way.....the big city, fast paced, noise filled, flashy and generally gra gra way of life. You can tell someone who has either lived in Lagos for a long time or waqs born and raised there.......that goes for whether they are Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.

As you could see in the Uyo thread the place is calm and serene.......and it should stay that way. Better suited to those who can perpetuate that lifestyle.

The simple fact is....you are a tribalist, whether you live in London or not. I am a Nigerian, born and raised in London, of Igbo heritage........we are not the same.

So trying to spew out your tribalist gospel, is wasted on me.......you may need to try it with other posters.

It is people like Rossike, I respect and have an affinity with, not the likes of you.

I find your stance to be outdated and backward.

No matter how many times you mention the UK, the UN or any other civilized place......you can never equate them deportation of the poor and ill by a government, without any system or adequate arrangements coordinated for their welfare.

It is backward and uncivilized...whether done by Lagos state, Rivers state, Enugu state, Imo state or Kaduna state.

And so? WTF are you on about? You got caught out for being a snake and a hypocrite!! And I'm going to ask you again: do Londoners get re-educated when they move outside proper London? Heck, I've been to almost every city/town/village from London, up to Chester, West Midlands, Ellesmere, Liverpool and East Midlands (I'm an adventurist like that) and I met Londoners everywhere - however I'm yet to meet anyone who got re-educated before moving to those places. We're rowdy, yet no one has ever suggested that we should be re-educated before leaving London. However, in your pseudo-Londoner dreams a la Londoner-based-on-reading-about-London in magazines/internet, you said the same crap only a hypocritical nazi-head could've said.

Listen mate - you're not from London. You're as fake and phony as the other Queensmith chic who claimed to be born and raised in London, yet can't relate to the 90s and noughties London. You're a fraud! Stop gassing yourself - only a fraud would cite a Scottish being the PM as being an achievement, when Scotland is also part of the union. And when I asked you if a Scot/Welsh/Irish has ever been the Mayor of London, you went ghost on me. Also, when I asked you if a Welsh/Irish/English has ever been the head of the Scottish Parliament, you also went ghost on me. If you at least went to sec sch here, you would know that the UK is a tribalised and territorial society among the indigenous people - but you're too much of a simplistic fraud and a hypocrite to be able to decipher that.

I honestly don't give two fvcks if you think I'm a tribalist, or not. I don't know you off NL and you don't pay my freaking bills, so you're inconsequential. I'm not an American and Americanism is alien to me. I'm a Brit, from an Island, where tribalism was used to create a workable society, where all the indigenous tribes have mutual respect for one another - yet still maintain their unique identities/cultures/traditions and ancestral lands - without compromising one for the other. Call it outdated, or what not, that's your prerogative - I deal with realism and cultural conservatism - not "hypocritism" and utopianism. I'm me and you're whatever you're. I don't want to be like you; my consciousness is higher than yours; I'm a thorough bred; and I operate from a realm higher than yours. So save your sermons for your fellow Igbotic brits who have biafra all over their twitter profiles. Heck, only Igbo's have Igbo Youths Association in the UK among all the naija tribes out here and you lot are the most tribalistic people ever!! You indoctrinate yourselves from a young age on how to hate on others, yet you scream tribalism when people stand up and fight against your innate hatred and land-pilfering ar.ses. I'm Yoruba and my ancestry is Lagos - and I'll always ride with my people. Don't watch me - go preach your pulpit sermons to your CLANNISH and TRIBALISTIC people across the Niger River!

You and Rossike the pseudo-PanAfricanist can go fvck yourselves for all I care. You're both political jobbers and propagandists. You both have a lot in common. You're a GEJ apologist and an Igbo propagandist, however the only time you wear your pseudo-civilised garment is when Lagos and Yoruba's are in discourse. As for Rossike, he's an unrepentant GEJ apologist and a political jobber who posts from the mantra of Pan-Africanism. You're both frauds and I honestly could care less about the both of you, tbh. undecided

Lastly, I honestly don't care about Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Kaduna etc. and how the people lead their lives. It's none of my business. I don't post on topics about those places and whatever they do over there is their prerogative. Yoruba is my consciousness/identity and Lagos is where my ancestry is - and any attack on Yorubaland (including Lagos) is an attack on me. And it's an eye for an eye with me. Call it outdated/uncivilised or whatnot, who cares? Your opinion(s) don't count! And if you care about the plights of the poor in Nigeria that much, take it up with the pilfering, clueless and utterly corrupt GEJ and those in his cabinet. Lagos state ISN'T responsible for the welfare of all Nigerians, Ms TV/newspaper/magazine Londoner! undecided

1 Like

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:19am On Aug 10, 2013
Lagos is not in Igboland and see how Iboman is stretching all the venom he has to claim it to himself. If a place like Lagos or Abuja existed in Igboland, I swear the rest of Nigeria will be made to show id to enter or hustle in it.

God knows their soul thats why he has cursed their land to save the rest of us from their arrogance and bigotry.

If Igbo is the president the rest of us will live under apartheid rules.

God knows what we don't thats why he continues to demote their political class in society.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 4:34am On Aug 11, 2013
ShymX:

And so? WTF are you on about? You got caught out for being a snake and a hypocrite!! And I'm going to ask you again: do Londoners get re-educated when they move outside proper London? Heck, I've been to almost every city/town/village from London, up to Chester, West Midlands, Ellesmere, Liverpool and East Midlands (I'm an adventurist like that) and I met Londoners everywhere - however I'm yet to meet anyone who got re-educated before moving to those places. We're rowdy, yet no one has ever suggested that we should be re-educated before leaving London. However, in your pseudo-Londoner dreams a la Londoner-based-on-reading-about-London in magazines/internet, you said the same crap only a hypocritical nazi-head could've said.

Listen mate - you're not from London. You're as fake and phony as the other Queensmith chic who claimed to be born and raised in London, yet can't relate to the 90s and noughties London. You're a fraud! Stop gassing yourself - only a fraud would cite a Scottish being the PM as being an achievement, when Scotland is also part of the union. And when I asked you if a Scot/Welsh/Irish has ever been the Mayor of London, you went ghost on me. Also, when I asked you if a Welsh/Irish/English has ever been the head of the Scottish Parliament, you also went ghost on me. If you at least went to sec sch here, you would know that the UK is a tribalised and territorial society among the indigenous people - but you're too much of a simplistic fraud and a hypocrite to be able to decipher that.

I honestly don't give two fvcks if you think I'm a tribalist, or not. I don't know you off NL and you don't pay my freaking bills, so you're inconsequential. I'm not an American and Americanism is alien to me. I'm a Brit, from an Island, where tribalism was used to create a workable society, where all the indigenous tribes have mutual respect for one another - yet still maintain their unique identities/cultures/traditions and ancestral lands - without compromising one for the other. Call it outdated, or what not, that's your prerogative - I deal with realism and cultural conservatism - not "hypocritism" and utopianism. I'm me and you're whatever you're. I don't want to be like you; my consciousness is higher than yours; I'm a thorough bred; and I operate from a realm higher than yours. So save your sermons for your fellow Igbotic brits who have biafra all over their twitter profiles. Heck, only Igbo's have Igbo Youths Association in the UK among all the naija tribes out here and you lot are the most tribalistic people ever!! You indoctrinate yourselves from a young age on how to hate on others, yet you scream tribalism when people stand up and fight against your innate hatred and land-pilfering ar.ses. I'm Yoruba and my ancestry is Lagos - and I'll always ride with my people. Don't watch me - go preach your pulpit sermons to your CLANNISH and TRIBALISTIC people across the Niger River!

You and Rossike the pseudo-PanAfricanist can go fvck yourselves for all I care. You're both political jobbers and propagandists. You both have a lot in common. You're a GEJ apologist and an Igbo propagandist, however the only time you wear your pseudo-civilised garment is when Lagos and Yoruba's are in discourse. As for Rossike, he's an unrepentant GEJ apologist and a political jobber who posts from the mantra of Pan-Africanism. You're both frauds and I honestly could care less about the both of you, tbh. undecided

Lastly, I honestly don't care about Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Kaduna etc. and how the people lead their lives. It's none of my business. I don't post on topics about those places and whatever they do over there is their prerogative. Yoruba is my consciousness/identity and Lagos is where my ancestry is - and any attack on Yorubaland (including Lagos) is an attack on me. And it's an eye for an eye with me. Call it outdated/uncivilised or whatnot, who cares? Your opinion(s) don't count! And if you care about the plights of the poor in Nigeria that much, take it up with the pilfering, clueless and utterly corrupt GEJ and those in his cabinet. Lagos state ISN'T responsible for the welfare of all Nigerians, Ms TV/newspaper/magazine Londoner! undecided

Lol....seriously, you need to grow up.

I don't need to prove anything to you.

Its no wonder you cant tell a Londoner, unless they are talking about 90's music.....lol

(Shaking head)

Look at the ASBO as you stated, its a way for anyone living in a community to align with the ways of that place.

Is that not a way of getting people to retrain themselves in the acceptable way of living, in the place they reside?

What is it then, if not for that? You tell me.

Also, if you are going to address me, then you need to drop the "ghetto mentality"....I don't entertain it.
At least have some sense of self respect in your speech.

If not, then don't address me at all.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 11, 2013
londoner:
Lol....seriously, you need to grow up.

I don't need to prove anything to you.

Its no wonder you cant tell a Londoner, unless they are talking about 90's music.....lol

(Shaking head)

Look at the ASBO as you stated, its a way for anyone living in a community to align with the ways of that place.

Is that not a way of getting people to retrain themselves in the acceptable way of living, in the place they reside?

What is it then, if not for that? You tell me.

Also, if you are going to address me, then you need to drop the "ghetto mentality"....I don't entertain it.
At least have some sense of self respect in your speech.

If not, then don't address me at all.

Listen mate, no one is telling you to prove anything - it's a debate and I'm just exposing the loopholes in your arguments. You asserted that total liberalism and Americanism should be applied to Nigeria, and argued for all Nigerians to be citizens of every state they choose to reside. And you also faulted what Fashola did, by re-uniting destitutes with their families in their home-states - by calling it uncivilised and tribalistic. However, I should you that the same thing is applicable all over the world; especially in tribal countries. I cited UK to buttress my point and show you that tribalism is embedded in the structure of the UK, among the indigenous people.

Also, where did I cite "90's music" as a way of detecting who a real Londoner is? smfdh. I only cited another forumite's inability to relate to 90's and noughties UK life as a yardstick in which I used in questioning the authenticity about her London-ness. To be honest, I don't care if you or the next person wants to claim London - however I can't stand people who aren't privy to the experience arguing about something they know little or nothing about. Being from London Town isn't just about the music, it's a lifestyle and a way of life - and only people from London Town can relate to it.

You need to stop twisting my argument. I cited ASBO as an infringement on freedom of movement and the right of every human being to be able to go wherever they want to go to, just to draw a parallel between it and the re-uniting of people with their families. If you think there's nothing wrong with the infringement on freedom of movement of people within their own country, why do you think it's barbaric and uncivilised to re-unite homeless people with their families?

What's "ghetto mentality?" You're chatting shiit now, tbh. Well, I can't help the fact that I was raised in the "ghetto," the posh-high-and-mighty one! Or where did you think I was raised? - Bayswater? Kensington? Mayfair? Notting Hill? Knightsbridge? Belgravia? Ok, let me get proper "ghetto" with you - where I'm from, half of the guys from my block are either dead, or doing basketball numbers in prison!! grin grin grin grin grin grin Are you happy now? undecided undecided

Go take a nap and get real. Just don't wake up and tell me you the-posh-high-and-mighty-Londoner, were raised in one the places I listed above. Black folks are extinct in those places! #JustSaying undecided undecided undecided
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by seanet02: 8:17am On Aug 11, 2013
shymex have nuked this ibo dude
Shymex you are heartless
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
seanet02: shymex have nuked this ibo dude
Shymex you are heartless

Lmao.

Bruv, I'm just trying to set the records straight. These people act like they know everything because they live outside Nigeria for a few years, read a few book, and because Obama became the president of America.

I've been here all my life and I'm yet to see a Scot/Welsh/English/Irish give up his/her identity for the British one. The only people who're hyped about the British identity are immigrants. Even David Cameron will never give up his English identity for the British one and he's the PM. I guess all these people are all tribalists.

Heck, even at the last olympics, the TeamGB football had a problem because the other countries within the union refused to include their football players in TeamGB. Only 3 Welsh players agreed to play for TeamGB, the rest were English players. That's how strong the identity thing is out here.

However, because I'm staying true to my Yoruba roots - this pseudo-Lononder thinks I'm a tribalist and I'm uncivilised. Yet she claims she's from the UK - a very tribal society, where people are very passionate about their identities. grin
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 6:06am On Aug 12, 2013
seanet02: shymex have nuked this ibo dude
Shymex you are heartless

Nobody has been nuked my friend (and I am not a dude).......he is not heartless, simply classless for a minute.

@ Shymx...There is nothing about "staying true" to any yoruba roots in what you write, you just reflect the typical, swearing troublesome London youth/person....you have more in common with the average white boy Londoner, or Black youth on the streets of Peckham, than the average young man in Nigeria.

Some people were raised in the Ghetto, yet carry themselves in a dignified manner. They dont become aggressive and overly emotional, just because someone has a different view point......Its called maturity.

That is what identifies a person as uncivilised....not where you were born and raised, but how you carry yourself and your personal code of conduct.

Still....you dont hear anyone from Scotland, Ireland or Wales being deported in the middle of the night, SANCTIONED BY THE GOVERNMENT do you....in 2013?

The issue is not about giving up identity, and who has asked you to do that? All the nations making up the UK are separate and also British, just as you are British.

Even they dont use their nationality, to deport people. Nigeria is not a union of countries, it is a single country.

I'm sure you know the reason why some did not want to be in team GB was because they are to ask FIFA to recognise their national football teams, just as they have their own rugby teams.....there is nothing wrong in that, is there?

Nigeria should develop a national plan, to deal with people who are deemed destitute and insane........this is something more advanced countries did a long time ago.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 12, 2013
londoner:

Nobody has been nuked my friend (and I am not a dude).......he is not heartless, simply classless.

@ Shymx...There is nothing about "staying true" to any yoruba roots in what you write, you just reflect the typical, swearing troublesome London youth/person....you have more in common with the average white boy Londoner, or Black youth on the streets of Peckham, than the average young man in Nigeria.

What an embarrassment to your tribe, with all his effing and blinding.

That is what identifies a person as uncivilised....not where you were born and raised, but how you carry yourself and your personal code of conduct.

Still....you dont hear anyone from Scotland, Ireland or Wales being deported in the middle of the night, SANCTIONED BY THE GOVERNMENT do you....in 2013?

The issue is not about giving up identity, and who has asked you to do that? All the nations making up the UK are separate and also British, just as you are British.

Even they dont use their nationality, to deport people. Nigeria is not a union of countries, it is ONE country.

So because I schooled you about the realism of human interaction on the planet, I'm classless, no? undecided

Anyway, I HAD more in common with the "average white boy Londoner, or Black youth on the streets of Peckham" growing up, however, I've outgrown that now and my consciousness is different. I'm aligning with my Yoruba identity and my in-born Yoruba consciousness - just because a kitten was born in the oven, that doesn't make it biscuit. I've outgrown begging for acceptance where I'll never be accepted and I now understand the dynamics and semantics of the tribal UK, its territorial integrity and cultural conservatism. I see beyond/beneath the multi-cultural ruse and globalisation pipe-dream. Heck, you might want to ask John Fashanu why he moved back to Nigeria. kiss

Also, I can't remember swearing in none of my retorts to you and I still don't know how I'm an embarrassment to my tribe. Can you expatiate further?

Well, any IRA youth found wandering about in England always get the deportation treatment back to Belfast. grin A security threat is a security threat - and Lagos has a right to protect its people against any threat. Also, if you're from Wales, Scotland or Ireland, with either no fixed abode in England or haven't lived in a borough continuously for five years - you might be re-united with your family where you're from - and you won't be eligible for a council flat in England. Also, English students attending unis in Scotland and Wales pay the English home student fees - not the Scottish or Welsh home student fees.

The British identity is just for the union (Scotland, England and Wales) - they all still maintain their separate identities.

Nigeria is NOT one country, it's a union of different tribal nationalities - and the earlier you lot accept that, the better for future generations. You can't force tribal people with no cultural affinity to become one. It's never going to work, hence why the country is permanently in abyss. You lot need to get real and study how Europe turned tribalism into the greatness that it's today - by mutual respect and respecting the territorial integrity of the tribes.

Nigeria isn't America, a country founded by immigrants and slaves, it's a tribal society. The inability of you and your pseudo-Americanist ilk to accept the country for what it's, is basically the reason why the country is stuck in abyss. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari 57th Independence Speech (video) / New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers / Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.