Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another (18976 Views)

President Buhari Plans Another Trip To South Africa / Bancorp Bank In The United States Plans To Return Rotimi Amaechi’s $757 Million / Kano Returns 52 Beggars To Home States. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
dozai: Whoever raised this topic is lying big time. I live very close to slaughter. Telling u these beggars still lined up on the bridge as usual. Which time were they sent home. Same thing at artillery bus stop.

The report never said the entire population of beggars in PH was repatriated/deported/resettled/dislodged or, to borrow the operative phrase used in Akwa Ibom, placed on 'trial leave', did it?

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by chinedum45(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
nayef: Why do people who can't take care of themselves keep having babies! I don't get it..

like every other person they have right to love and make love.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by olivertwist: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
Is there any state in the country without destitutes, lunatics, disable people etc

What is the Federal govt, House of Assembly(legislators) and Judiciary doing to help these sets of vulnerable people in our society?

Until we are serious and start helping these people especially those with mental & physical disabilities, we'll continue to have them on our streets cos they've got no other way to survive than begging.

Until each state govt take this issue seriously, they'll continue to get embarassed daily.

Is it not surprising that all of our legislators, judiciary and even our president are all playing the 'ostrich' with all the noise coming from our Igbo brothers? They all know how sensitive the issue is hence, they all kept mute as long as it's not affecting their own benefits/allowances.

These are the people that collect all the allowances and benefits you can think of in the world as politicians but they refuse to make a provision for those that can't even work. Where's even the work we are talking about?

The solution is that each local govt should pay these vulnerable people some kind of monthly disability benefit, starting from those without arms and legs.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by naptu2: 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
olivertwist: It's there any state in the country without destitutes, lunatics, disable people etc

What is the Federal govt, House of Assembly(legislators) and Judiciary doing to help these sets of vulnerable people in our society?

Until we are serious and start helping these people especially those with mental & physical disabilities, we'll continue to have them on our streets cos they've got no other way to survive than begging.

Until each state govt take this issue seriously, they'll continue to get embarassed daily.

Is it not surprising that all of our legislators, judiciary and even our president are all playing the 'ostrich' with all the noise coming from our Igbo brothers? They all know how sensitive the issue is hence, they all kept mute as long as it's not affecting their own benefits/allowances.

These are the people that collect all the allowances and benefits you can think of in the world as politicians but they refuse to make a provision for those that can't even work. Where's even the work we are talking about?

The solution is that each local govt should pay these vulnerable people some kind of monthly disability benefit, starting from those without arms and legs.

The Lagos State Government is building skills acquisition centres, providing loans and mortgage facilities, building destitutes homes and hospitals, establishing farms and helping the homeless to establish farms and repatriating those that want to return to their home states.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by olivertwist: 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
naptu2:

The Lagos State Government is building skills acquisition centres, providing loans and mortgage facilities, building destitutes homes and hospitals, establishing farms and helping the homeless to establish farms and repatriating those that want to return to their home states.

Ofcourse I know bro. Imagine if every state is as serious as LASG about this issue.

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by naptu2: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
olivertwist:

Ofcourse I know bro. Imagine if every state is as serious as LASG about this issue.

True. In fact all the bickering that's been going on is rather unfortunate. This should have served as an opportunity to have a national policy on the welfare of these people. We could have laid down protocols that govern the repatriation of these people, federal aid to states that have welfare programmes in place, etc.

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by olaheavy: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
]“Most of the beggars are from neighbouring states and I can assure you that they will be removed from the streets and repatriated back to their respective states,” she said.
By the above, at least we know those tribes that are Rivers state's neighbors; they are the Biafrans - mainly the parasitic Ibos!
Now, where is the useless MASSOB? Where are those unfortunate, chest-pounding Ibo miscreants who were ranting emptily and threatening fire and brimstone? Why aren't they now railing on the riverine folks as they did to us Yoruba? Must you people live in Ibadan and Lagos? Why is it a must for you Ibos to live in our prosperous Western region? Why? You ought to know that we don't want you any longer. We don't like you - we never liked you! So, get the dock back to your lands in the Bight of Biafra. Na by force? You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by cKaiser: 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
Neighbouring states Kwanu

Abia, Imo Anambra things

So where is MASSOB to deride Chibuike Amaechi, Amala and red oil soup

Where is Orggy Kalu to sue to court

Where is Ohaneze and Ikenga to write communique

Whats the result of Peter AdaObis visit to Abuja to report

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Iykopee(m): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
This is a big lie. There was notin as such in PH.... @op, cant u find a beta job to do in ur life?

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Italiano1: 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
Is this true? Any link?
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by cKaiser: 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by abacus(m): 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
Iykopee: some people are seeking for all means to crucify the igbos... i stay in PH and such an exercise isnt ongoin... And i must say that, beggars in PH are mainly hausa people and people from Niger republic.. Nobody shud take the selfish and embedded lying op seriously. Pls dont drag my governor into ur feud with igbo people... Shameless oily soup eaters.

Shameless fool. Crucify Ibos? In your thinking, you have the belief we have Ibo's time? We don't have your time..

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by criuze(m): 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
signs of end time, nigeria on the crack, any how, the spririt of aburi accord still hunting us, you missuse the time when, is adaka boro still sabotaging, is awolowo still implimenting blockage and policy. The sins of the fathers

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by olivertwist: 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
naptu2:

True. In fact all the bickering that's been going on is rather unfortunate. This should have served as an opportunity to have a national policy on the welfare of these people. We could have laid down protocols that govern the repatriation of these people, federal aid to states that have welfare programmes in place, etc.

On point bro. It's unfortunate considering the amount of time & energy been wasted by youths of this country on forums,newspapers etc about whether it's right or wrong for another state to send destitutes, lunatics & physically challenged people back to their state of origin.

And the politicians keep taking advantage of this stupidity of ours by politicising this important issue (at the expense of the poor masses that really needs help) instead of coming together to tackle it head on.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by lastpage: 4:37am On Aug 07, 2013
nayef: Why do people who can't take care of themselves keep having babies! I don't get it..

Because the Pope and his Catholic Church is against Contraception and Abortion .... and the Eediots cant do without having a good Phuck! grin grin

I know you get it! cool cool

Lastpage!
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by lastpage: 4:50am On Aug 07, 2013
olaheavy:
By the above, at least we know those tribes that are Rivers state's neighbors; they are the Biafrans - mainly the parasitic Ibos!
Now, where is the useless MASSOB? Where are those unfortunate, chest-pounding Ibo miscreants who were ranting emptily and threatening fire and brimstone? Why aren't they now railing on the riverine folks as they did to us Yoruba? Must you people live in Ibadan and Lagos? Why is it a must for you Ibos to live in our prosperous Western region? Why? You ought to know that we don't want you any longer. We don't like you - we never liked you! So, get the dock back to your lands in the Bight of Biafra. Na by force? You all should be ashamed of yourselves!
@the highlighted.

Please SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! Who are the "WE" you are referring to?

I am Yoruba like yourself but l dont subscribe to your blanket hatred of another tribe. And l know millions of Yorubas who dont share your view as well.

I understand how you feel and how annoying some Igbos can be but l think it is better you judge each person on individual basis.
Over generalisations and stereotyping is and will always be wrong.
But if YOU must generalize and stereotype (maybe based on your personal experience and encounters with the Igbos you've come across), then let your comment reflect your own opinion only (as against WE YORUBAS in general).

Lastpage!
PLEASE dont take this personal, as we Yorubas are well noted for our "self criticism". We can look ourselves in the eye and tell ourselves the truth (No herd mentality within us)
... that is why we are a cut above the rest of other Nigerian tribes.
Ooduwa a'gbe waa o! One Love Bro.

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nichobabe(m): 6:17am On Aug 07, 2013
Samunique: Don't misunderstand this, the report says "destitude and launatic" i live in ph i'm from west, so nobody is harrasing anybody here. Thanks.

Just the same way UK said they were imposing the 3,000pounds on some category of Nigerian not all Nigerian yet all of us were shouting. Meanwhile in your own country there is discrimination and it is okay by you. Thank you my brother. expect to see other states join in the madness. Do me i do you

Na from clap they dey enter dance. I dey Laugh

One day Ikwerre man go pursue you comot from Portharcourt after all the Governor don set example na that time you go know whether you be destitute or lunatic.

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by 99cent: 6:31am On Aug 07, 2013
I wonder why there aren't as many hateful comments here as there are on the Fashola thread.
so it's ok for an eastern state to deport. but not ok if a western state does so. hypocrites.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by naptu2: 7:45am On Aug 07, 2013
eGuerrilla:

If you have any problems with the report, I suggest you seek some form of redress from Rivers state government directly -- http://www.riversstate.gov.ng/item/1432-rsg-committed-to-rid-port-harcourt-of-destitutes.html/

Any more unsolicited attacks on my handle and I will expressly request your banishment for a period.

I've already reported him.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by ba7man(m): 7:52am On Aug 07, 2013
Iykopee:

Mister goofy, u guys make NL stink of ethnicity and hatred. Ur broda wants to justify the action of his governor by roping amaechi in... U sounded like a derailed baaing goat. Come to Rivers state and see for urself the very tribe that constitutes large proportion of the beggars...u must be a preposterous dolt.
Damn, I'm sure you're probably feeling cool with yourself that you're good at insulting people.

Its an evidence of child-abuse and bad upbringing. You must have grown up in an abusive environment where the people around you traded insults regularly and once in a while insulted and smacked you around.

I feel pity for you. Your sad life is on display for the world to see.

.....See as i passed my point without insults??

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 07, 2013
naptu2:

I've already reported him.

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by willibounce: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2013
After the Rehabilitation of destitutes, u expect d state govt to give them money and provide Accommodation for them. The question is how many of this destitutes wiL d state govt give money and provide accommodation for. Do u have any idea how many moRe beggars are on theiR way to Lagos n other well developed state? U expect ths state govt to spend all their money on rehabilitating beggars? If they are rehabilitated, given money to start up and sent back to d street, don't u think they'll end up begging. D best tin is to reunite thm with their family. These beggars aRe not spirits. They can begin a new n better life in their state of origin and then come back to lagos or RiveRs to work and not beg. We have d fReedom of movement doesn't give a beggar d right to go to asoRock to beg. So every beggar shud come to lagos n beg abi? If dem start to rob ppl now, we'll say d governor is not doing anytin. I tire for sme ppl sha.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 9:44am On Aug 07, 2013
Look, it does not matter how many states join this madness, or from which region or tribe.

It is inherently wrong, by the process alone.

How can a government round people up and simply move them to be destitute somewhere else?

If someone is a citizen of the country and is domiciled in a particular state, the governor and powers that be in that state are supposed to relate to them as people in their wards.

Even if they want to move people back to their birth place, are they saying they are no longer free to be in any part of Nigeria?

Its insane to me.....but then I am used to a civilised country and government. One who does not mistreat people because they need help.

In london, nobody wants to know which city you were born in to give you help.........the fact that there is no welfare state is the cause of this. Some of these people could have once been gainfully employed and even taxpayers in the states and cities they are now being deported from.

This attitute of these governments are backwards and quite inhuman.

No tall buildings, roads or billions of naira can take the place of the refinement of the human spirit.

If there are smart governors out there, they should really look into training and rehabilitation. There are many people who are great now, who were once destitute.

Take JK rawlings for an example.....she wrote Harry Potter while being unemployed and on government benefit.

Oprah was also very, very poor once.....look at them now.

They both made it worldwide.......far and wide outside there city of birth or state of origin.

I am so ashamed of Nigeria right now.....this is a new low.

Again these people will make their way to the mosque and church on friday and Sunday.....feigning understanding of what it means to look after the poor and destitute among us.

Nigerians now worship money and if you have none, you are no longer even human.

At least governors should meet and set out a framework and correct process.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by londoner: 9:46am On Aug 07, 2013
naptu2:

To be honest, I wonder if they are getting rid of destitutes from other places, so that only destitute lagosians or Yorubas can take advantage of those skills aquisition centres, once built.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by naptu2: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2013
londoner:

To be honest, I wonder if they are getting rid of destitutes from other places, so that only destitute lagosians or Yorubas can take advantage of those skills aquisition centres, once built.

The centres were built a long time ago. More are being built. There is no discrimination on the basis of ethnic group or state of origin. People from 35 states have been trained and taken care of in these places.

I've posted evidence of this over and over on nairaland. I decided not to post them on this thread because some people say it's too much, but I can post them if you want.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: No Cause For Alarm, Gen Abubakar Is In No Serious Condition / Malami Faces Probe Over Five Suspicious Mega Deals Under His Watch / Appeal Court Adjourns Judgement On Ondo PDP Tussle

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65