Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another (18969 Views)

President Buhari Plans Another Trip To South Africa / Bancorp Bank In The United States Plans To Return Rotimi Amaechi’s $757 Million / Kano Returns 52 Beggars To Home States. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by aljharem(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2013
Delafruita: while the rivers indigenes in other parts may be potential dey-bams and dey-wells.

this practise is wrong on all levels.its a violation of the fundamental rights of these people to move freely within their country.

If only you spoke like this when Lagos did theirs. Bloody hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by veraponpo(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2013
alj harem: So Lagos was right after all. Waiting for them to castigate rivers just as they did to lagos fashola.
looooooool

Fashola is a brilliant man that will never do anything illegal but our Igbo brothers & sisters have victim-reasoning mentality. Always claim to have suffered when nothing has happened. when the destitutes were sent to Oyo and Ogun states in 2011 my Igbo brothers said nice one, when Akwa Ibom sent 2 mentally derailed people to Lagos no complaint but when Lagos sent few miscreants out of over 4 million Igbos in lagos, they started crying.

ALWAYS LOOK FOR WHO TO BLAME FOR THEIR PROBLEMS

16 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by jason123: 10:02am On Aug 06, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source
Some beggars in a NIgerian city

Nigeria’s Rivers state government has sent to their home states, some of the 113 beggars and lunatics removed from the streets of Port-Harcourt, the capital city. And the state has warned it will soon embark on another removal exercise.

The Chairman of the committee, Mr Mina Jamabo, said of the 113 beggars, destitute and lunatics removed from the streets,some had been taken to the state’s rehabilitation centres for treatment.

Jamabo said that non-indigenes had since been repatriated to their various states, while the indigenes would be treated by the government until they were fit to re-unite with their families.

Jambo did not give the figure of the destitute sent to their home states.

Mrs Stella Toby, Permanent Secretary in the state’s Ministry of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation however unfurled government fresh plans to remove beggars and destitute from streets in the state.

She made the announcement in an interview with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Monday.

She said that beggars, destitute and mentally-ill people were constituting problems on some major streets and roads in the state.

Toby said the State Government had set up a special committee charged with the responsibility of restoring sanity on major areas of the state.

Most of the beggars are from neighbouring states and I can assure you that they will be removed from the streets and repatriated back to their respective states,” she said.

IMO and Abia ....lol...it's time to go home. Although I love IMO peeps. It's those anambrans I want chased away
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by pandriod: 10:03am On Aug 06, 2013
Peter Obi and Theodore Orji started this nonsense but the ibos only cried when Fashola sent packing ibo destitutes.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by aljharem(m): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2013
Samunique: Don't misunderstand this, the report says "destitude and launatic" i live in ph i'm from west, so nobody is harrasing anybody here. Thanks.

Gbam are you minding this people. They cry victim all the time like any government has time for them.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 06, 2013
alj harem: So Lagos was right after all. Waiting for them to castigate rivers just as they did to lagos fashola.

looooooool

Dimwit, fashola started it. It might be a retaliation after all
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Meringe(m): 10:04am On Aug 06, 2013
Come to Aba and deport all these beggars from Akwa Ibom, Cross River and all those Yorubas selling colored water herbals. Deport all leprosy hausas begging at Aba main park and infront of CKC.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 06, 2013
Hehehehe, when this madness mature bet me the hausa and fulani will cry past because na dem beggers full south and east.

Where Nigeria as a country is heading makes me sad because our government are still been runned based on indigine and non indigine, you cant hear such nonsense in developed countries
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by aljharem(m): 10:05am On Aug 06, 2013
veraponpo:

Fashola is a brilliant man that will never do anything illegal but our Igbo brothers & sisters have victim-reasoning mentality. Always claim to have suffered when nothing has happened. when the destitutes were sent to Oyo and Ogun states in 2011 my Igbo brothers said nice one, when Akwa Ibom sent 2 mentally derailed people to Lagos no complaint but when Lagos sent few miscreants out of over 4 million Igbos in lagos, they started crying.

Me I know them

1 Like

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by martowskin1(m): 10:05am On Aug 06, 2013
alj harem:

So if there was traffic what should Lagos state have done ? Anambra gov should have sent representative to help them
don't tell me droppin dem unda d bridge is d best solution or idea their skull can giv dem at dat moment.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by jason123: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2013
Promhize:

eGuerrilla:

Source

Nigeria’s Rivers state government has sent to their home states, some of the 113 beggars and lunatics removed from the streets of Port-Harcourt, the capital city. And the state has warned it will soon embark on another removal exercise.

The Chairman of the committee, Mr Mina Jamabo, said of the 113 beggars, destitute and lunatics removed from the streets,some had been taken to the state’s rehabilitation centres for treatment.

Jamabo said that non-indigenes had since been repatriated to their various states, while the indigenes would be treated by the government until they were fit to re-unite with their families.

Mrs Stella Toby, Permanent Secretary in the state’s Ministry of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation however unfurled government fresh plans to remove beggars and destitute from streets in the state.

She made the announcement in an interview with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Monday.

She said that beggars, destitute and mentally-ill people were constituting problems on some major streets and roads in the state.

Toby said the State Government had set up a special committee charged with the responsibility of restoring sanity on major areas of the state.

Most of the beggars are from neighbouring states and I can assure you that they will be removed from the streets and repatriated back to their respective states,” she said.

Say what?! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by aljharem(m): 10:07am On Aug 06, 2013
Promhize:

Retaliation ? Is Lagos a neighbouring state to rivers state ? use your brain

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by pandriod: 10:07am On Aug 06, 2013
Promhize:

Dimwit, Peter Obi led the way.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 06, 2013
LOVE.HAPPINESS:

Instead of advocating for breaking up Nigeria, why don't we advocate for better governance so that there are less beggars and destitutes?
Bros, good governance? Statistically that would about 35yrs. Unless God sends a saviour.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by moscobabs(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2013
blame Fashola for this
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by AbouNazir(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2013
Firstly, I commend these governors for their courage. That is one of the attributes of a leader. Wicked as the actions of these states (Lagos and Rivers) may seem, I believe that this is our best shot at clearing our streets and pavements of beggars and destitutes. The government has tried a lot of other methods in the past but these guys have a way of getting back to the streets. The sad part of the whole story is that new ones are coming in droves. Now, the FG does not support these seemingly endless rehabilitation projects and these people do not pay tax either leaving that continuous burden on the shoulders of the state government.

By this actions, we know there's a definite end. Even if it reduces the number of beggars on our roads, it's good enough. Rehabilitation and sociocultural integration is our best bet, trust me. Who else can really take good care of someone except his family or perhaps his own state of origin, sentiments apart?

NB: I am not even a southerner. So, don't go there. cool

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by aljharem(m): 10:10am On Aug 06, 2013
martowskin1: don't tell me droppin dem unda d bridge is d best solution or idea their skull can giv dem at dat moment.

So what should have been done when anambra state gov was not forthcoming ? Are anambra citizen is Lagos state priority but NOT THEIR MOST IMPORTANT PRIORITY WHEN ANAMBRA WAS ACTING LACKADAISICAL ABOUT THE ISSUE OF MAD MEN AND DESTITUTES

1 Like

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by pandriod: 10:10am On Aug 06, 2013
moscobabs: blame Fashola for this

Shut your stinking mouth!

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by ucheokpara100(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2013
if u cant provide 4 ursef, wat use are u in d society? beggin? y are some of u foolin ursef? thy should be sent home! excpt those disabled once is undastable.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 06, 2013
alj harem:

Retaliation ? Is Lagos a neighbouring state to rivers state ? use your brain
When did we start knowing the govt to be truthful, huh?
Well sorry 4 calling u dimwit, but whatever case Fashola shouldn't have done what he did.
He commands respect and he's already influencing this other dumb governors

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by aljharem(m): 10:13am On Aug 06, 2013
uche okpara 100: if u cant provide 4 ursef, wat use are u in d society? beggin? y are some of u foolin ursef? thy should be sent home! excpt those disabled once is undastable.

Thank you my brother

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by longjon: 10:14am On Aug 06, 2013
We are all capitalists living in a capitalist society. Our everyday decisions & actions are driven by the need for profit & survival.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by chuba21(m): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2013
Lagos started it followed by anambra now rivers state very soon all dei states will follow suit like twitter then FCT will now send dem back to every states in naija den a mass protest will follow after then NLC will call for strike in all dei states.Anoda nollywood drama series
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by EnigmAries(m): 10:15am On Aug 06, 2013
Please take note of this

Most of the beggars are from neighbouring statesand I can assure you that they will be removed from the streets and repatriated back to their respective states,” she said.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by aljharem(m): 10:17am On Aug 06, 2013
Promhize:
When did we start knowing the govt to be truthful, huh?
Well sorry 4 calling u dimwit, but whatever case Fashola shouldn't have done what he did.
He commands respect and he's already influencing this other dumb governors

Apologise accepted my brother. Fashola did not start the move. It started from Abuja then abia before Lagos state even provided them with an accommodation and food. Lets not get sentimental here, no one is harassing anyone but destitution SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED. We as citizens of Nigeria should help these destitutes who maybe hiding from their family because of shame and all. Leaving them like that will only increase crime

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by martowskin1(m): 10:18am On Aug 06, 2013
veraponpo:

stop callin dem ur brothers cos they ar not...no body said he did wrong,

its d mode at which it was done,did u even read d news?

Is anambra state d home of abia,enugu,imo,ebonyi and delta citizens?

At an ungodly hour(3:ooam) under fly over, my guy re-think again, dis is wickedness.

He said 14 and media counted 72

Fashola is an intelligent man, which is dsame reason we ar angry.he is too intelligent for such act.

If na rotimi amechi do dat kind tin,no body go talk.
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by mayorhy: 10:19am On Aug 06, 2013
Samunique: Don't misunderstand this, tjhe report says "destitude and launatic" i live in ph i'm from west, so nobody is harrasing anybody here. Thanks.

You re not a destitute or a lunatic today,who knows tomorrow!
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Kingspin(m): 10:20am On Aug 06, 2013
Our state govt should intend more on how to reduce the suffering of it people than doing things to divide us the more....i dnt know when the word 'poor' means lawlessness.. Govt plz create an enviroment of opportunities the land are not green for most Nigerians for now...
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by Gboliwe: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2013
Is this the new trend?
Just like a vicious circle. SMH
Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by aljharem(m): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2013
mayorhy:

You re not a destitute or a lunatic today,who knows tomorrow!

So because he is not, he should support the roaming about of lunatics and destitute ?

God-forbid but if he becomes one, he will prefer to send him to his family to be taken care of rather than leave him on the streets

1 Like

Re: Rivers Sends Its Destitute To Home States, Plans Another by jason123: 10:23am On Aug 06, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source

Since we don't have Igbo beggars, according to only truth and co; who exactly are these beggars from "neighboring" states? Hmmm.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mohammed Babangida: IBB Didn't Authorize "Buhari Don't Run In 2019" Statement / Fashola Inspects Solar Panels Of The Electrified Shops Project In Kano / Mbaka Warns Buhari: Your Fighter Jets Will Be Used To Collapse Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.