Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,399 members, 7,864,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? (13820 Views)

Breaking News: He Has Been Sacked Finally (pic) / Very Hilarious: Mtn Just Sacked Linda Thomas,(pics) / Breaking News Inec Chairman Jega Has Been Sacked And Replaced. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ITbomb(m): 8:07am On Aug 09, 2013
Outrageous comment from a forum owner.
I just learnt from maclatunji that Islam does not allow just anyone to study the Quran , u must wait for someone to come and brainwash u with his prejudices much like the Roman Catholics of old who insisted that the Bible be left in Latin and the common folks should never be allow to read or interpret them.
That is why a muslim can never stand a challenge from a Christian instead they want separate rules.
For a section whose majority are christians, allowing a mod from a subsection with infinitesimal members to overrule the opinion of the majority is an insult to the sensitivity of christians. ████

BTW this unending public show of shame by Mods should end.

5 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:14am On Aug 09, 2013
maclatunji: I have a long lecture at hand here.

Let me make an attempt.

In the name of God, the Most Beneficient, the Most Merciful

I have been asked to explain why I hid this thread thereby hopefully addressing the controversy that action has generated.

In the name of fair hearing I will point out the hypocrisy in your post. It is absurd that it had to get to the point of Seun himself asking you to respond before you could come off your high-horse to respond to us 'infidels', it just goes on to prove that you Mr. Tunji does not have any shred of regard for non-muslims.

maclatunji: First off all, the presentation of the Qur'an and its interpretation is a distinct field of knowledge in Islam. It is offensive for a Muslim who has not been trained in this field to present verses of the Qur'an as he/she pleases[/b]without understand the context within which they were revealed, the linguistic connotations of the words used and a load of other rules to be observed. In layman parlance, this is why Muslims attend Tafsir (Lectures n the interpretation of the Qur'an) especially in Ramadan.

Need I remind you that Roymcpain deliberately started a thread to insult the sensibilities of Christians, by attacking and ridiculing the word of God. Anyway he utmost contempt for your fellow MOD MMW is actually the bone of contention not the
Chriskid's thread.

I believe MMW's e-character has been consistent over the years and if you had given him a response (which he deserves by the way), he would have dissuaded pacified Chris and all this wouldnt have happened.

maclatunji: Please note that all I have written so far relates to Muslims. Extending this to Non-Muslims, it becomes highly offensive for a Non-Muslim who by virtue of the way he posted does not understand the Qur'an (I doubt he could identify the beginning from the end if I gave him copy)quotes a verse out of its proper context and then uses it as a basis to make a most repugnant request- "A curse that should lead to his death".

We agree Non-Muslims should not interpret the Quoran, please if you want to maintain the uneasy calm that exists in nairaland religious section, that you should admonish your foot soldiers to remain in the confines of your republic of Islam section, because like Isaac Newton rightly said actions and reaction are equal and opposite in direction.

maclatunji: Thirdly, the creator of that thread expressly stated that he only created the thread because a Muslim created another thread first in the Religion section. My reaction to that is simple- complain to the Moderators in that section and if for some reason they allow such a thread. Know that I will not tolerate such distasteful threads/posts on any platform I moderate- the fact that you are not a Muslim does not mean you should have no decency or social etiquette and decorum..

If you are really a righteous peace loving Muslim and moderator, why didn't you just ask MMW to invoke his MOD privileges and shutdown ROyMcpain's thread to avoid all this controversy. why hide his complain? is he too little to ask the almighty Tunji for an explanation?

I do not care when Logicboy(sorry for picking just your name) equates Jesus to the spaghetti monster, you know why? he also allows me to critically examine his point of view too. if a Muslim flagrantly challenges the bible then you would be living in a fools' paradise not expect a reply.

THOSE THAT LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES

3 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2013
Why all the seething anger and rage ? Seun has made a decision , though we may not all agree with him , the decent and mature thing to do is express your opinion and leave it at that.

The personal attacks and insults are a depiction of immaturity and vindictiveness.

A business owner has made a decision , if you are not happy with it , by all means protest in a decent fashion.

Some people neeed to grow up.

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun: I'm sorry that you all hate my decision, but I will not reinstate manmustwac because that would be a stupid mistake on my part. I understand that I will be demonized and called all sorts of horrible names for this, but I'm now 100% sure that manmustwac deserves his removal.

My decision to appoint real Christian moderators was made a long time ago, because I noticed that the current moderators were contributing to the perception of pro-muslim bias because they refused to submit pro-Christian topics for the home page even on Sundays. Jesoul was inactive and manmustwac only seemed to recommend anti-Christian topics for the home page, so I've been planning to fix that.

Lies....Manmustwacc also recommends christian topics

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun: I'm sorry that you all hate my decision, but I will not reinstate manmustwac because that would be a stupid mistake on my part. I understand that I will be demonized and called all sorts of horrible names for this, but I'm now 100% sure that manmustwac deserves his removal.

My decision to appoint real Christian moderators was made a long time ago, because I noticed that the current moderators were contributing to the perception of pro-muslim bias because they refused to submit pro-Christian topics for the home page even on Sundays. Jesoul was inactive and manmustwac only seemed to recommend anti-Christian topics for the home page, so I've been planning to fix that.

Your forum your choice....

I am a christian but please replace MMW with an atheist MOD, do not let nairaland degenerate to Mosilini's Italy, Atheists have a sizable number here and as such deserve to have their rights protected.

and please call Jesoul to come back we miss her and you drove her away because with you high handedness.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2013
frosbel: Why all the seething anger and rage ? Seun has made a decision , though we may not all agree with him , the decent and mature thing to do is express your opinion and leave it at that.

The personal attacks and insults are a depiction of immaturity and vindictiveness.

A business owner has made a decision , if you are not happy with it , by all means protest in a decent fashion.

Some people neeed to grow up.

<<<<<< guy, to the left. This is not a thread for slaves/sycophants who suffer and smile wth any harsh descision from leaders

2 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 09, 2013
[size=15pt]Why was this thread removed from the religion section?

This is now becoming very silly!!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun: It's unfortunate that the removal of manmustwac has been upsetting to you folks. Clearly he was a beloved moderator. I apologize for my role in his removal. However, manmustwac knew exactly what was going to happen when he made that threat. He saw what happened to MsDarkSkin, Odunnu, & Cuddlemii. I think he deserves at least as much blame for his role in this situation. Moreso he hasn't asked me to reinstate him

[size=13pt]d voices of men is d voice of God, all men on dis great forum have pleaded on his behalf n I tink God has done likewise.

U don't need him 2 come crawling 4 u b4 u accept him back.

If I were u , I rather submit myself 2 d people looking up 2 me even at my own expense .

If u can't get dis a peaceful resolution, a time wud cm people will remind u of dis while tryin 2 give dem advise on peace .

Seun, if I giv u my words , it means I emptied my pocket 4u.
[/size]
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 09, 2013
Deols, we see you watching this thread....

Do you have anything to say about this issue plus your muslim bros, Maclatunji?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

<<<<<< guy, to the left. This is not a thread for slaves/sycophants who suffer and smile wth any harsh descision from leaders

And you protest by initiating personal attacks ? You need to grow up.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 09, 2013
frosbel:

And you protest by initiating personal attacks ? You need to grow up.

<<<< pls move to a catholic/trinitarian bashing thread. You are in the wrong place.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2013
Please read these letters carefully, Seun will never reinstate MMW not in this forum maybe when he creates a new search engine but as for nairaland forget it cheesy cheesy
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:29am On Aug 09, 2013
striktlymi: [size=15pt]Why was this thread removed from the religion section?

This is now becoming very silly!!![/size]

in your voice, His forum his choice
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 09, 2013
Demonized and called names? Dude, get over yourself. Who gives a shitt about your personality? Just wait and see what happens when a real competitor shows up in the horizons than you'll know this is not about petty name-calling. People call names because they just.don't have as good or a better forum to migrate to.

So no be today mata sef! MMW, what exactly were you bothering to explain yourself for?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Seun(m): 8:39am On Aug 09, 2013
Logicboy03: Lies....Manmustwacc also recommends Christian topics
Yes, he did recommend pro-Christian topics occasionally, and many neutral topics, but as an atheist, he is unavoidably biased against all religions. (I'm also an atheist, and I have the same bias). For example, he recommended the following topics for the home page:
https://www.nairaland.com/1100756 Why Are There So Many Churches And Yet So Much Wickedness And Corruption?
https://www.nairaland.com/1363681/religious-people-most-wicked-all Religious People Are The Most Wicked Of All Mankind
https://www.nairaland.com/1349991/what-black-mans-obsession-man What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? [Jesus]
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by eriegua83: 8:39am On Aug 09, 2013
But muslims can quote †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ bible without knowing †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ meaning nd everybody will turn Α̅ blind eye. Or U̶̲̥̅̊ don't know dat xtains gƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ for bible study nd sunday school to understand D̶̲̥̅̊ bible? Or does D̶̲̥̅̊ bible look like ordinary literature book to you? Cos if į̸̸̨ƭ were D̶̲̥̅̊ other way round U̶̲̥̅̊ won't bat an eyelid.
maclatunji: As Seun requested, my reason for hiding Christkid's post which seems to be the source of controversy:

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 09, 2013
[size=13pt]@seun n mods,

If u guys had taken dis my thread seriously, by now no one wud b killing his/her self 4 religion.

Peaceably
[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1374728/true-religion
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ochon: 8:42am On Aug 09, 2013
manmustwac: Let me just briefly explain what lead to the whole incident here. I received a complaint from Christ Kid telling me that his topic had been hidden and he had been banned for two weeks in the muslim section for being a nuisance. I looked at his topic in the muslim section to find that his opening post had been hidden. (Hidden posts are visible to all mods they're just shaded in a dark greyish colour) I saw a link on his topic clicked on the link to find out that the link led to a topic by RoyPcain topic in the religion section and that Christ Kids topic was a copycat topic of RoyPcain's topic which was questioning Christianity.

I sent a post to mac asking why Christ Kid's opening post in his topic had been hidden but he just hid my post. I sent him another post asking him why again and he hid also. So i made a topic about the issue in the mod section and he just ignored it.

Then i received a message from logic boy. This is his message and my reply:

Once upon a time the religion section co existed with both Muslims & Christians peacefully until a muslim terroist threatened Seun, the State leaders life if he didnt divide the religion section. Seun took this threat to his life serious therefore divided the religion section into North & South. Now the North which is being governed by Maclatunji has decided to take matters into his own hands by going against the state's rules & regulations & imposing his own Sharia laws against. Visiting Southerners. Isnt this proof that Islam is an intollerant religion

I made a. Complaint in another section which is for us mods only but it seems as if nothing much is being done or my complaint is being ignored. Therefore i will just take matters into my own hands & deal wirh the problem in my own way.

I thought i had been banned for the part highlighted in red not for the part highlighted in black. I can easily defend what i said highlighted in black

What i actually meant by that comment was that since a mod in the Islamic section can ban a christian (Christ Kid) for two weeks for just posting a topic that was deemed to be breaking a pacticular rule according to them, then likewise me, who usually bans members for 48 hours will do the same and ban a muslims for 2 weeks for breaking rules like the muslim mod dose.

Also since RoyPcain can open a topic in the religion section questioning christians beliefs but Christ kid cannot open (and gets banned) for opening a similar topic questioning muslims belief in the muslim section i was going to scrutinise all islamic topics and do the same thing that the mods in the muslim section do when they see topics from christians that they don't like. Thats what i meant when i said Therefore i will just take matters into my own hands & deal wirh the problem in my own way

You have to look at everything in context. Am a mod part of my job is to deal with situations. Nobody likes to feel hard done by or cheated so i was just doing my best for our members. I was expecting you to pm me explaining why i was removed and you were expecting me to pm you to ask why i was removed. Actually i thought your decision was final. Ididn't think there was any hope until i went through all the pages of this thread. Well i hope everything makes sense now and that i can be reinstated wink

Cleanly, concisely and aptly written down. Seun, he meant no harm. Please reconsider
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Ishilove: 8:45am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun:
Yes, he did recommend pro-Christian topics occasionally, and many neutral topics, but as an atheist, he is unavoidably biased against all religions. (I'm also an atheist, and I have the same bias). For example, he recommended the following topics for the home page:
https://www.nairaland.com/1100756 Why Are There So Many Churches And Yet So Much Wickedness And Corruption?
https://www.nairaland.com/1363681/religious-people-most-wicked-all Religious People Are The Most Wicked Of All Mankind
https://www.nairaland.com/1349991/what-black-mans-obsession-man What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? [Jesus]
Are you trying to play on our sentiments?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun:

You contradict yourself.

You are saying that Manmustwacc is biased but he posts both pro christian and anti christian topics and also neutral topics for recommendation.

You are quite silent on the anti-atheist threads that make front page eg;

The cowardice of atheism- https://www.nairaland.com/1198534/cowardice-atheism
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ITbomb(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun:
My decision to appoint real Christian moderators was made a long time ago,
so I've been planning to fix that.
Unless you already have someone in mind , ur search will be rough.
Will you bring a Catholic who will hid all post about speaking in tongues or a Jehovah's Witness who will ban anyone posting about the Mother of God or a Christ Embassy who will recommend only topics about tithes and sowing seed or a Cele who may want all post to be in white fonts.
For the good of the christian community in Nairaland , I pray God(whether u believe or not) give u the wisdom in making ur choice

2 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ochon: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2013
bizmahn: Mr Seun,I respect your maturity so far in such a provocative thread but I feel if Mac must be hiding topics that way(and yes he even hid an unprovocative post I made in a thread & moved it to muslim section)then all muslim posts to slight or question christianity or any other must disappear too.Equal rights.

I concur.. What's good for the geese, it's good for thr gander
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by mcfynest(m): 8:51am On Aug 09, 2013

@ bolded pls obadiah777 and frosbel will be the best replacement.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by vedaxcool(m): 8:52am On Aug 09, 2013
mcfynest: tunji!!! is nairaland a muslim site? nairaland needs a strong competitor. if majority of nairaland users want mmwc back,then you dont have much choice than to give ears to them since they are the engine that keeps the car moving. but if you dont listen, then you are not different from the political oga @ the top.

Majority as in you sat down and compiled everybody opinion?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Seun(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2013
Here's the problem: Our supermod is a muslim. Maclatunji is a muslim. The religion section moderator was an atheist. I'm an atheist. No Christian!
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Seun(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2013
mcfynest: @ bolded pls obadiah777 and frosbel will be the best replacement.
Thanks for the recommendation. I hereby invite other Christian Nairalanders to make their own recommendations.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun: Here's the problem: Our supermod is a muslim. Maclatunji is a muslim. The religion section moderator was an atheist. I'm an atheist. Unbalanced!
uncle u can lie o.

U re not an atheist, check ur profile personal quote

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2013
mcfynest:

@ bolded pls obadiah777 and frosbel will be the best replacement.

oh yes, thanks for the joke and sarcasm grin
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by vedaxcool(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2013
manmustwac: Let me just briefly explain what lead to the whole incident here. I received a complaint from Christ Kid telling me that his topic had been hidden and he had been banned for two weeks in the muslim section for being a nuisance. I looked at his topic in the muslim section to find that his opening post had been hidden. (Hidden posts are visible to all mods they're just shaded in a dark greyish colour) I saw a link on his topic clicked on the link to find out that the link led to a topic by RoyPcain topic in the religion section and that Christ Kids topic was a copycat topic of RoyPcain's topic which was questioning Christianity.

I sent a post to mac asking why Christ Kid's opening post in his topic had been hidden but he just hid my post. I sent him another post asking him why again and he hid also. So i made a topic about the issue in the mod section and he just ignored it.

Then i received a message from logic boy. This is his message and my reply:

Once upon a time the religion section co existed with both Muslims & Christians peacefully until a muslim terroist threatened Seun, the State leaders life if he didnt divide the religion section. Seun took this threat to his life serious therefore divided the religion section into North & South. Now the North which is being governed by Maclatunji has decided to take matters into his own hands by going against the state's rules & regulations & imposing his own Sharia laws against. Visiting Southerners. Isnt this proof that Islam is an intollerant religion

I made a. Complaint in another section which is for us mods only but it seems as if nothing much is being done or my complaint is being ignored. Therefore i will just take matters into my own hands & deal wirh the problem in my own way.

I thought i had been banned for the part highlighted in red not for the part highlighted in black. I can easily defend what i said highlighted in black

What i actually meant by that comment was that since a mod in the Islamic section can ban a christian (Christ Kid) for two weeks for just posting a topic that was deemed to be breaking a pacticular rule according to them, then likewise me, who usually bans members for 48 hours will do the same and ban a muslims for 2 weeks for breaking rules like the muslim mod dose.

Also since RoyPcain can open a topic in the religion section questioning christians beliefs but Christ kid cannot open (and gets banned) for opening a similar topic questioning muslims belief in the muslim section i was going to scrutinise all islamic topics and do the same thing that the mods in the muslim section do when they see topics from christians that they don't like. Thats what i meant when i said Therefore i will just take matters into my own hands & deal wirh the problem in my own way

You have to look at everything in context. Am a mod part of my job is to deal with situations. Nobody likes to feel hard done by or cheated so i was just doing my best for our members. I was expecting you to pm me explaining why i was removed and you were expecting me to pm you to ask why i was removed. Actually i thought your decision was final. Ididn't think there was any hope until i went through all the pages of this thread. Well i hope everything makes sense now and that i can be reinstated wink

Yes no one like being cheated ESP when u ban people for similar offense committed by your atheist buddy while sparing them, like i said next time do not allow a spoilt child mislead and push u around.

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 09, 2013
i recommend frosbel and obadiah also
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun: Here's the problem: Our supermod is a muslim. Maclatunji is a muslim. The religion section moderator was an atheist. I'm an atheist. No Christian!

Untrue

Jesoul is a christian. Jesoul is a mod of the religion section (the only mod now).
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 09, 2013
vedaxcool:

Yes no one like being cheated ESP when u ban people for similar offense committed by your atheist buddy while sparing them, like i said next time do not allow a spoilt child mislead and push u around.

<<<<< back to your cave in the islam section, please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19)

Who Is Your Favourite Nairalander And Why? / Help A Nairalander Go To The GIST TECH-I Final / Have You Experienced Slowness Or Inability To Access Nairaland Recently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.