Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,395 members, 7,958,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:33 AM

FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala (44980 Views)

Ignore ASUU’s Demands, NASU, NAAT, SSANU Tell FG / ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nomski0(f): 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
idrisjunior: dis is crap... In short, i dey go learn work...
I'm seriously considering going back to the place i learnt hairdressing....ASUU please o.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Iaz93: 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
It just got worse! I just hate FG and every fu cking person contributing to this shi.itt! God punish this womans mouth!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Aromas: 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
idrisjunior: dis is crap... In short, i dey go learn work...

So ur eyes just dey open? My broda u beta go lean work if nah part time e go beta wt ur degree.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by adebisidaniel(m): 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
O God please help our children pls
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Dee60: 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
What is the solution to all these? We should not waste the times of students.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by tigonana: 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
Thank God I don sabi d wrk wey I learn,atleast dat will sustain pending wen dey go call am off,yeye govermnt wey will get.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by amaboss(m): 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
Corruption everywhere. Before I heard ASUU was fighting to improve the university educational system and infrastructure, now they are asking for N92Billion, I.e. N92,000,000,000 just for ordinary ALLOWANCE!!! My God!!! Now what about the N12500 increment in salary I was hearing they were also clamouring for? This people finally are not interested in improving any shit, they're just looking out for themselves!

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by omobarBlog(m): 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
come join me here and learn how to make cool cash through blogging. http://www.omobar..com fill in the form there and you are good to go
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by femiero: 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
Osgilliat: Restructuring finances my ass..while your entire family graduated from harvard. A bill should be passed to restrict all this politician children from schooling abroad and home base private universities, I bet they will not only throw chairs at such person but also kill him. Bunch of b.i.t.c.h.e.s. spit on thread and walk away.

You are just as foolish as you sound. Why you no go Havard? Your papa fit afford am?

2 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by omobarBlog(m): 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
adebisi_daniel: O God please help our children pls
come join me here and learn how to make cool cash through blogging. http://www.omobar..com fill in the form there and you are good to go
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Georgekyrian(m): 10:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hahahahahaha..fall in love is just passing,una no get story..NEXT!!!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
Not until Nigeria tertiary institutions go autonomous, then their will always be an impending 'ASUU Strike' Funds can still come from government in form of grants but Schools should be able to take care of their finances solely. As a result of that, ASUU will be useless and every school will be running on its own fuel 'income'. Jamb should be more of a scholarship exam funded and regulated strictly by the fed/state govt as the case maybe. Else, we should expect more strike in future!

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by lanrexdo(m): 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
ayodeji752: I remember dat okonjo iweala's children attended Harvard university in US so how do u want her to find solution to dis problem? However, ASUU must come back to its senses. I tot they said they were fighting to save university ni? I didn't knw they were also fightin for their pockets, thieves

Do you think their salary is the main problem..No.. The FG just want to make it look like they are fighting for their pocket.. they are fighting for university. they want their works to be recognized world wide, but how would they do that when there is no facility... university is not just for b.sc.. it is goes way beyond just an ordinary first degree.. there is no end to it.. Research worldwide are been conducted in universities.. how would that happen if there is no facilities and yet there own kids are in private schools or they study abroad.

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by lanrexdo(m): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
mctolspell: Not until Nigeria tertiary institutions go autonomous, then their will always be an impending 'ASUU Strike' Funds can still come from government in form of grants but Schools should be able to take care of their finances solely. As a result of that, ASUU will be useless and every school will be running on its own fuel 'income'. Jamb should be more of a scholarship exam funded and regulated strictly by the fed/state govt as the case maybe. Else, we should expect more strike in future!

check out the fees of the so called state universities.. their prices are sky rocketing everyday! If that should happen i guess education would only be for the rich.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Kingspin(m): 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
I know it, what ASUU is asking for is outrageous even though is good for our education, but is coming at the wrong time. This type of step, by ASUU should be a demand, by all well meaning Nigerians,NGO's,Right and social groups to agitate for change in leadership,mismanagement,good roads,power, etc..than the FG have no better choice.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by mkoabiola: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
Okonjo has d final say.
She is d remote control of d economy.
She talks ,while GEJ act,
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by realteflon(m): 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
Madam Okonjo Iweala,na every where them dey see you these days. But govt knows how to take care of militant like tompolo and asari and boko haram
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by searay(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Viewing this topic: searay

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by slimikenna(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
ASUU never publicly mentioned the N92 billion. they are habatically jeopardising the future of students for their own greedy pockets...and I heard they are still being paid their salaries while the strike continues. seems they are deceiving students claiming its funding for universities. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. God help us.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by benlay(m): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
It's funny......... we want changes in Nigeria and we still want to do things the same way. Recurrent expenditure at 77% that is sick, why do we have 109 senators? Nigeria is a third world country but we want to live like one of the biggest economies in the world. 109 senators should be reduced by 36, one from each state.
We can continue to shrink government burdens gradually, the senators are among the wealthiest Nigerians anyway, why are we wasting money on them, how can gov't meet other needs when there is too much burden.

4 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
mctolspell: Not until Nigeria tertiary institutions go autonomous, then their will always be an impending 'ASUU Strike' Funds can still come from government in form of grants but Schools should be able to take care of their finances solely. As a result of that, ASUU will be useless and every school will be running on its own fuel 'income'. Jamb should be more of a scholarship exam funded and regulated strictly by the fed/state govt as the case maybe. Else, we should expect more strike in future!
where does the IGR of the universities go to? the VC's pocket? corruption is everywhere and our lecturers are not left out
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
This is my question, why are the states universities on strike and in a union like ASUU undecided .. The students are paying for the services rendered at least to some extent ..I believe some schools should opt out ... Tertiary Education in Nigeria is very poor my friend, I have been in a school in Nigeria and I am on the other side and I see the difference.. ASUU should be scrapped and all schools should fend for itself .. Like I said earlier, Govt can subsidize or award grants as well as scholarship programs, ELSE, We will keep facing this ASUU menace. Higher Education is not cheap anywhere in world (except the Scandinavian) It can only be subsidized by the govt not fully funded
lanrexdo:

check out the fees of the so called state universities.. their prices are sky rocketing everyday! If that should happen i guess education would only be for the rich.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by DIVINE78: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
How much is Malabu oil deal worth again? Did you say 1.3bn dollars?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
ayodeji752: I remember dat okonjo iweala's children attended Harvard university in US so how do u want her to find solution to dis problem? However, ASUU must come back to its senses. I tot they said they were fighting to save university ni? I didn't knw they were also fightin for their pockets, greediness
mind u okongo made her money in world bank. the truth is that ASUU demands are unreasonable. fg should deal with them. silly lecturers ,always sleeping with female students.

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by otokx(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
Usubi punish them o.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Emmy9ite(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
It's really bad. I don't know who to believe again. Anyway, I am not loosing, business has been good!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
bennyraz: where does the IGR of the universities go to? the VC's pocket? corruption is everywhere and our lecturers are not left out

That is why there should be a change of policy... They should fend for themselves...ASUU should be scrapped and if any school is lagging behind, you can always hold the Management team/ VC or whatever responsible... The Govt. can't fund our schools well...To avoid corruption let them be autonomous
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Francesblaze: 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
una dey talk for here, govt them dey do their own. Na today, naija has being like dis for yrs nd dats hw it will continue to be. wot do u expect, its a corrupt country anyways, so they clearly dont care abt d masses
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by nwgoziri(m): 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sign up here http:///82bp1w nd get #4950 instantly play nd chat to get#32000 monthly...try nd see since thy is no risk involvd..send mail solutico@gmail.com
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
benlay: It's funny......... we want changes in Nigeria and we still want to do things the same way. Recurrent expenditure at 77% that is sick, why do we have 109 senators? Nigeria is a third world country but we want to live like one of the biggest economies in the world. 109 senators should be reduced by 36, one from each state.
We can continue to shrink government burdens gradually, the senators are among the wealthiest Nigerians anyway, why are we wasting money on them, how can gov't meet other needs when there is too much burden.

it is only masses that can stop lawmakers because people vote for them to steal money.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexdo:

Do you think their salary is the main problem..No.. The FG just want to make it look like they are fighting for their pocket.. they are fighting for university. they want their works to be recognized world wide, but how would they do that when there is no facility... university is not just for b.sc.. it is goes way beyond just an ordinary first degree.. there is no end to it.. Research worldwide are been conducted in universities.. how would that happen if there is no facilities and yet there own kids are in private schools or they study abroad.

they should resign if they are not ok with conditions of service in universities.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by blink6(m): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
omo! if there is anyone here that has good marketing sense, let work together o...
am into web development, mobile app development, online ads and the rest. you get the job, I do it, and we share...
One has to start up something,,, as We await God's intervention. undecided
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

500L Covenant University Student Dies In School (Photo) / Dates For School Resumptions In States In Nigeria / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.