Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala (44738 Views)

Ignore ASUU’s Demands, NASU, NAAT, SSANU Tell FG / ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by 1009ja: 1:29am On Aug 14, 2013
And that why our graduates cannot write a simple and correct sentence in English. When politiciana are flying around in private jets, teachers are discouraged to make some sacrifices. A nation of looters. Sorry for the unborn Nigerian child.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by seangy4konji: 1:30am On Aug 14, 2013
and a governor is collecting 100 million every monthand you are all buying villlas in arab countries??it no go bettter for all of una...
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by seangy4konji: 1:32am On Aug 14, 2013
nonsense country...bunch of thieving bastards....pained to have come from dis country..No priority....SHoot dem..show dem.....show dem shoot dem...eee ...shot dem....
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by bobbybash(m): 1:39am On Aug 14, 2013
Cherish20: I thought i read something about FG releasing 90bn already in order to meet ASUU demand. What all these stories again? Me don tire 4 house o! I don dey even forget d names of my lecturers and coursemates

My dear its advisable to learn a trade o. Am certain future employers already know whatever u're bringing from ur so called sch is scrap. In short personal development is the way forward.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 1:43am On Aug 14, 2013
FG is not good and ASUU is not a better side either. I spent 6yrs on a 4yr course in UNN just because of those selfish old professors who always demand to retire @70. They wanna die in classroom and the funniest part is that most of them are already senile and can't teach no more. Just take a look at Prof Wole and his senile comments these days on national dailies undecided
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 14, 2013
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Roland17(m): 1:52am On Aug 14, 2013
They have never been quck to meet the demands of Average nigerians,

But they are quick to meet the demands of corrupt politicians whose quest for power have thrown this country into the pits of poverty

they are quick to meet the demands of terrorists

they are quick to meet the demands of militants

A country that would trade it's educational sector for politics, it's become a norm in Nigeria and i am not surprised the quality of life has not improved.

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by seangy4konji: 2:05am On Aug 14, 2013
iF NA BOKO ask for money now..dem go give ooo...militants deh link like kings...politians deh live lawlessly

NAIGERIA JAGAKAGA....POOR MAN DEH SUFFER SUFFER....GBOSA GBOSA...NAIJA DON mezebuuuu
Roland17: They have never been quck to meet the demands of Average nigerians,

But they are quick to meet the demands of corrupt politicians whose quest for power have thrown this country into the pits of poverty

they are quick to meet the demands of terrorists

they are quick to meet the demands of militants

A country that would trade it's educational sector for politics, it's become a norm in Nigeria and i am not surprised the quality of life has not improved.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Mmalisticmma(f): 2:13am On Aug 14, 2013
I suggest thatASUU should have a closed door meetings to re-shape their demands. Many of them are striving for increment but they won't come to classes to give lectures until 2-days to exams!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by mekano1980: 2:16am On Aug 14, 2013
ASUU does not mean well for Nigerian students,my advise to Universities is to withdraw them self from these so called ASUU and move forward,look at UNIZIK Awka,they are always moving ahead nothing concern them with ASUU
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by igoro10: 2:35am On Aug 14, 2013
chidigood: Madam Minister of Finance, u must b joking isn't it I will take it as JOKE OF THE MONTH.
She is not joking at all. The truth of the matter is that can fg afford what ASUU is agitating for? She is in best position to know and she as pinpoint the issue. Let the greedy ASUU have a rethink, cus now, it's allowance issue. Let us beg them to have mercy and go back to classroom.
4 more updates visit;www.calebmoney..com

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by itasakpa: 2:38am On Aug 14, 2013
This is really sad, strike affecting masters and phd students, what are we Learning by the way? We are learning corruption
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:47am On Aug 14, 2013
92 billion naira!!! I knew these people were fighting/striking because of money (allowances not even salary). Yet they want us to believe, they are fighting for students.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by InvertedHammer: 3:35am On Aug 14, 2013
/
I think every professional in Nigeria needs audition for the job.
There exists abundance of mediocrity in all spheres of the entrapment called Nigeria.

We need only 25% of the so-called professionals for efficiency.

If you are a lecturer, better show that you can do the job better than the other 75% of lecturers.
Likewise, the legislatures. Anyone who does not make the cut should walk straight into Atlantic Ocean and not look back.

It is difficult to argue for or against the demands by ASUU. Looking at the legislature for comparative analysis,one may be tempted to canvass for outright payment of the demands in contention. Then again, you focus on their productivity or lack thereof, ones inclination will be to tell them all to F OFF!

It is a clear case of DAMNED if you do, DAMNED if you don't.

//
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Chrisabig(m): 3:43am On Aug 14, 2013
Abeg nigeria guys don die finish for china, mostly ibo, uli and iheala guys doing drug business in dragon hotel. Yesterday morning 300 police with dog suround the hotel and many guys jump from 5 story and skater there legs while 7 die at a spot, up to 100 where cash, no bi small thing, if you have brother here pls call to know if his alive. Ibo gov should fast do someting about ibo guys if not they will all die looking for fast money.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by seunlayi(m): 4:04am On Aug 14, 2013
idrisjunior: .
I being dey get hope bt nw i'm hopeless
sorry
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by brownlord: 4:11am On Aug 14, 2013
Chrisabig: Abeg nigeria guys don die finish for china, mostly ibo, uli and iheala guys doing drug business in dragon hotel. Yesterday morning 300 police with dog suround the hotel and many guys jump from 5 story and skater there legs while 7 die at a spot, up to 100 where cash, no bi small thing, if you have brother here pls call to know if his alive. Ibo gov should fast do someting about ibo guys if not they will all die looking for fast money.

Guy wetin dey happen now? na because of this stupid news you wake me from my sweet wet dream when, e don reach time for me to...you just post this news take disturb me

abi u know how much to pay for ashawo this dayz, chai and i no dey quick get wet dream oooo, how i won do myself now

@ur news, they are not Nigerians, but ibos, na those same set of nuisance dey disgrace of everyday, Just call their massob secretariat make u report the news to them, this no cousine Nigeria
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by wisdomrules: 4:11am On Aug 14, 2013
may God have mercy on this country. for more updates on ASUU strikes visit www.gistofnigeria..om
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by spenca: 4:13am On Aug 14, 2013
this a sophisticated poooo ! buh fg can meet up with their salaries bah
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by brownlord: 4:15am On Aug 14, 2013
spenca: this a sophisticated poooo ! buh fg can meet up with their salaries bah

my friend go back to sleep
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Holuwhasheyi(f): 4:38am On Aug 14, 2013
this is the result of leaders who rather than solve problem creates another. come to think of it ASUU 7-Agenda, hop d restructuring of schls wil be their priority
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 4:47am On Aug 14, 2013
I think Okonjo is lying through her teeth. I have read the ASUU's demands at a congress, I don't know where she got that info. Well, it is normal for ministers to lie, they are only doing what they are paid to do.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by pauloskyo: 4:58am On Aug 14, 2013
Iwela is a wicked devil
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Chrisabig(m): 5:05am On Aug 14, 2013
brownlord:

Guy wetin dey happen now? na because of this stupid news you wake me from my sweet wet dream when, e don reach time for me to...you just post this news take disturb me

abi u know how much to pay for ashawo this dayz, chai and i no dey quick get wet dream oooo, how i won do myself now

This guys are nigerians like you, talk to FG to do something fast and forget ashawo ok

@ur news, they are not Nigerians, but ibos, na those same set of nuisance dey disgrace of everyday, Just call their massob secretariat make u report the news to them, this no cousine Nigeria
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by brownlord: 5:09am On Aug 14, 2013
tpacalipse: I think Okonjo is lying through her teeth. I have read the ASUU's demands at a congress, I don't know where she got that info. Well, it is normal for ministers to lie, they are only doing what they are paid to do.

go back to sleep, your brain is still booting. If i may ask what is their demand?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Larufa(m): 5:11am On Aug 14, 2013
The Goverment can spend over N100 million for Dame Joe wife's one day thanksgiving ceremony!!!!!!!!!!
The minister of Petroleum can spend close to N2 Billion on private jet within 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naija I dey laugh ooo!!!!!!!!!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by gbengadada2004(m): 5:12am On Aug 14, 2013
Madan Okonjo Iweala is not been sincere. This is just an attempt to blackmail ASUU. Didn't Governor Suswan said that FG have set aside N100 billion for this cause that ASUU is fighting? She is just misinforming the public. No money in the Nigerian economy but she is collecting her salary in dollar! Nigeria must make a choice, why can't the senators, ministers, governors and house of representative members make a choice to reduce their salary for the sake of the masses? After all Kenyan president did the same thing.

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Abongs(m): 5:23am On Aug 14, 2013
Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works and 80% of the population earn below N300 per day? It continues: A working day earning of a senator is more than a year’s salary for a doctor; it’s more than the salary of 42 Army Generals or 48 Professors or 70 Commissioners of Police and more than twice the pay of the US President or 9 times the salary of a US Congressman. 
this is a disgrace wallahi Fg cannot honour their agreement with ASUU. Although there are ppl in d nigerian govt that can single handedly solve this situation but no, every one just thinks about his/her pocket. God dey oh

2 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Orjioorji(f): 5:29am On Aug 14, 2013
God punish ASUU set of greedy fellow... What ? Bt why cant state own universities pull out of ASUU ?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by siraj1402(m): 5:32am On Aug 14, 2013
Best properties for sale or for rent in Lagos. Find your new home now. http:///14x9Nw5
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by brosun(m): 5:33am On Aug 14, 2013
amaboss: Corruption everywhere. Before I heard ASUU was fighting to improve the university educational system and infrastructure, now they are asking for N92Billion, I.e. N92,000,000,000 just for ordinary ALLOWANCE!!! My God!!! Now what about the N12500 increment in salary I was hearing they were also clamouring for? This people finally are not interested in improving any shit, they're just looking out for themselves!
Are you following the issues on ground at all? ASUU is not making fresh demands. ASUU's battle is for the implementation of an agreement signed with this same Federal Government in 2009 and which the government agreed would bail out the university system from the present morass then. You sound like there is a new negotiation and, therefore, fresh demands by ASUU! The politicians are only trying to mislead the public. The questions now are: if this federal government willingly partook in the signing of a document in 2009, did it not know that it has to honour it? Did it not understand the implications of the agreement? Why did it not tell ASUU then that the demands cannot be met as Dr. Okonjo-Iweala is now quoted to be saying? Why did it sign the agreement? And having signed the agreement, did it not think it has to be honourable enough to respect it? The truth is: ASUU has gone through all this before: blackmail by government. Like before, the blackmail will fail. The contradictions in the utterances coming from government quarters presently suggest that this government is very confused indeed. This battle, from all indications, will certainly be long

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by brosun(m): 5:35am On Aug 14, 2013
Orji o orji: God punish ASUU set of greedy fellow... What ? Bt why cant state own universities pull out of ASUU ?
What you need is proper education before you start abusing the wrong people. (See my post above).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me / My "Couple's Life" Experience In Higher Institution / 10 Nigerians That Actually Have Two Heads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.