Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala (44735 Views)

Ignore ASUU’s Demands, NASU, NAAT, SSANU Tell FG / ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Elcapo(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2013
Federal government can't meet ASUU demand. But can budget 1 trilion on security with no result to show, you can spend billions on newspaper and feeding. you can also budget billions for the national assembly but you cant meet ASUU demand why then do you sign the agreement on the first place you built road because you use it for your exortic cars, but can't fix nepa because you use generators, you can't fix education because your children are schooling abroad, you can't fix the health sector because you travel abroad for a common ailment like running stomach, we need absolute change for all this predicament. Okonjo iweala mind your words please[color=#990000][/color]

4 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by kinguwem: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2013
ASUU should look inwards & see how Universities can generate revenue. Research is the key. Universities should pay lecturers according to their resources. The universities are running an unproductive system. The administrators must sit up.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by YINKUS101: 7:26am On Aug 14, 2013
ASUU as a body are greedy set of people. How many lecturers in our Nigerian Universities come to the classroom often to teach their students? They always give out handouts and pursue their own private business. And this same set of people are still asking the Federal Government for more funding. You can see that they are not working for the pay they are collecting. They should remain at home. Every Nigerian student should get him or her self engage into something meaningful.

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by skyface00(m): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2013
So so gloomy,I really don't knw why our govt invest so much seeking 4 peace in d country,while they r d main cause of d inscurity in d counry,how could u call urslf PH holder and u can't even think like one,u allowed ppl with diploma 2 dictate how 2 run ur govt 4 u,no resposible govt will joke with toy with education in dis manner..4years courses are not 7years and stupid NYSC, after all dat u stay home 4 another 3years if u are so lucky,finally got a job and earn 25k salary,tell me how do u want peace in such country,turned a lot of brainy young boyz n girls into half dead human. Go 2 govt offices u see young IT student facebooking some don't even av seat talkless of chair.and they keep doing dat 4 years,young ppl they should be adding 2 d development of d country wasted..I hope and pray one day. We all smile and say yes am doing what I loved most.God bless Nigeria
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by akyus(m): 7:29am On Aug 14, 2013
Until our leaders begin to see education as an asset, they will continue to think investing in it is a careless spending.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2013
femiero:

You are just as foolish as you sound. Why you no go Havard? Your papa fit afford am?

It's u that is a complete he goat. Why shld u son of political thief attend havard instead of dwindling in strike wit d rest of us here. In what way are u better than us if not for ur political thieves called 'parents'. Big fool!

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by petrov10: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2013
Osgilliat: Restructuring finances my ass..while your entire family graduated from harvard. A bill should be passed to restrict all this politician children from schooling abroad and home base private universities, I bet they will not only throw chairs at such person but also kill him. Bunch of b.i.t.c.h.e.s. spit on thread and walk away.
stupidd post, given d same opportunity wont u skull abroad ? Smh at some hypocrits................i bet in ur opiniö ASUU's demand is reasnable
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by back2sender: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2013
They cant pay ASUU but they can pay MILITANTS Trillions of Naira who has not contributed anything to the economy rather than loot our treasury and maim/kidnap people.

No matter how bad some lecturers/ASUU are "some of us are still there products and we are doing good in our various professions. GOVT has to pay up simple, this is the same attitude of FG in the various sector of the economy, crisis all tru from health, labour, power, roads, housing, transportation, oil & gas, security etc

PDP Led Govt has nothing to offer this country,
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 14, 2013
kekakuz: all they do is just come to sell handout and see u on exam day.go to university of abuja and see for yourself how class reps collect money for lecturers togive them credit pass .
they sell handout eno reach
them sell passmark eno reach the
them sell certificate eno reach them
them sell textbook eno recach them
them sell post jamb form eno reach them
them sell diploma form no reach them
them sell pre-degree form eno reach them
them sell masters form eno reach them
them sell pgd form eno reach them
them sell phd form eo reach them
them sell direct etry form eno reach them
them collect sch fee damage
computefee nternet fee
e acceptance fee
diploma fee
government grant
ptf fund
internatonal support fund
hostel fee
regulrization fee
exam fee
course registration
library fee
haba asuuuuuu oleeee

And them want make I dash them kpomo for free.oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.Thank God am out of the system!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Youngzedd(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2013
92 billion maka gini zi.

This ASUU na confirm ole.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2013
[quote
author=Greatken007]THE SO CALLED LECTUERES COME TO CLASS TWICE IN A
SEMESTER,SELL HANDOUT AND SET EXAMS QUESTIONS...AND THEY WANT ADDITIONAL
MONEY,[/quote]

In the way, SECONDED! infact, THIRDED!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Gab4sure: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2013
In the land of BoKo Haram and a time of ASUU STRIKE, the destiny of a great nation is tied in the hands of confused president, his name is.....

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Vicconero: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2013
If Okonjo wants 2 restructure let her state 4rm her own salary......pay d lecturers their money n let"s go back 2 skul....abi she think say d awoko 2 become lecturer 4 naija easy.......
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Youngzedd(m): 7:43am On Aug 14, 2013
back2sender: They cant pay ASUU but they can pay MILITANTS Trillions of Naira who has not contributed anything to the economy rather than loot our treasury and maim/kidnap people.

No matter how bad some lecturers/ASUU are "some of us are still there products and we are doing good in our various professions. GOVT has to pay up simple, this is the same attitude of FG in the various sector of the economy, crisis all tru from health, labour, power, roads, housing, transportation, oil & gas, security etc

PDP Led Govt has nothing to offer this country,

One of them is here.
ASUU members, why should FG give your fellow members 92 billion, does it mean 9ja has nothing to do with money

Even after given them that amount they will still continue from where they stopped.

Go to HELL ASUU.

I regreted after reading your comment. Sh1t!.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 14, 2013
Nerosoft19: what do you expect wen d ASUU boss n minister of education are both hausa by tribe n Muslim in religion...these people Dunt value education... all dey arr concerned about is getting married to small girls, jihad , beggin , becoming almajiri and joining the boko haram armed forces.... these politicians hav their children in private schools in the country or overseas, so dey are negligent about d whole thing.. striking is not a solution to the problem, its rather anada problem. either ways the strike will one day b called of but why can't dey Jes call it off earlier n stop fooling their selves... #team.i.want.to.go.back.to.school
why allow ethnictiy and religion becloud your sense of reasoning? Think deeply before typing rubbish. Is your d.o.ci.le,.used and cl.uel.ess president a muslim or hausa?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by biodex(m): 7:47am On Aug 14, 2013
this is serious., who is fooling who is it RUKAYATU or whats her name or OKOJE EWELE or EBERE BADLUCK JONAS., God we need ur help., wipe out all our fake leaders that pretends to be Good in such a way u take ABACHER.. kiss tongue
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2013
Greatken007: THE SO CALLED LECTUERES COME TO CLASS TWICE IN A SEMESTER, SELL HANDOUT AND SET EXAMS QUESTIONS...AND THEY WANT ADDITIONAL MONEY,

In the other way, SECONDED! infact, THIRDED!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Mospring(m): 7:48am On Aug 14, 2013
Cherish20: I thought i read something about FG releasing 90bn already in order to meet ASUU demand. What all these stories again? Me don tire 4 house o! I don dey even forget d names of my lecturers and coursemates
iam preparing to go back to classrosms again!!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by AdekunleBalogun: 7:48am On Aug 14, 2013
brosss: What da Bleep...... U'all want me to believe this Sh.it about not been able to meet demands........ When the nitwit ministers and senators take home some 4cking billions of doughs on a daily bases...
I need to get the f.ck outa this shitt.y jungle. Men!

And yo! You with the adverts!!!!!! 4king get a life bro!!!!!!!

Bros. U dey vex gan ni.... Abeg take cold water jare, no allow dis people get on ur nevers.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by biodex(m): 7:50am On Aug 14, 2013
olaabiodun: why allow ethnictiy and religion becloud your sense of reasoning? Think deeply before typing rubbish. Is your d.o.ci.le,.used and cl.uel.ess president a muslim or hausa?

you have to leave religion out of these, the so call minister of education,finance and d president are just UN-serious leaders
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by SavoG(f): 7:51am On Aug 14, 2013
Nigeria is a Bleep up country!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Rotimigabriel(m): 7:51am On Aug 14, 2013
gbengadada2004: Madan Okonjo Iweala is not been sincere. This is just an attempt to blackmail ASUU. Didn't Governor Suswan said that FG have set aside N100 billion for this cause that ASUU is fighting? She is just misinforming the public. No money in the Nigerian economy but she is collecting her salary in dollar! Nigeria must make a choice, why can't the senators, ministers, governors and house of representative members make a choice to reduce their salary for the sake of the masses? After all Kenyan president did the same thing.

Read thru the story again, this news is like 3 weeks old. meaning, okonjo said dis when the strike was in its 5th week
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by enitanpopoola(m): 7:52am On Aug 14, 2013
Simple advice to all undergraduates in Nigeria: Go and learn a trade!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by bebechuks: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2013
I don't blame you all, Ngozi where did u nd ur kids school?surely d wickedness of d wicked will fall on d wicked,so d bible said.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by spenca: 7:57am On Aug 14, 2013
brownlord:

my friend go back to sleep

baba you be brownlord ,not ma landlord
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Bizibi(m): 7:59am On Aug 14, 2013
ASUU will always remain ASUU they think of only their pocket nothing else,right from obj time till now
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by duruh: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2013
kekakuz: all they do is just come to sell handout and see u on exam day.go to university of abuja and see for yourself how class reps collect money for lecturers togive them credit pass .
they sell handout eno reach
them sell passmark eno reach the
them sell certificate eno reach them
them sell textbook eno recach them
them sell post jamb form eno reach them
them sell diploma form no reach them
them sell pre-degree form eno reach them
them sell masters form eno reach them
them sell pgd form eno reach them
them sell phd form eo reach them
them sell direct etry form eno reach them
them collect sch fee damage
computefee nternet fee
e acceptance fee
diploma fee
government grant
ptf fund
internatonal support fund
hostel fee
regulrization fee
exam fee
course registration
library fee
haba asuuuuuu oleeee
my brother u are correct. This pple called lecturers are so self-centered. How ever, we are tired of staying at home o.
Abeg nija guys, i dey fine work to cusion the effect of this houz arrest. Who know any work make e help me abeg!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 14, 2013
sweetkevisco: Are you a talented artiste,and you need a
sponsor or record label to finance your career
but you dont know how to contact them. Dont
worry we will send your songs,and bio to
personal emails of stakeholders in the music
industry,and with God on your side,who knows?. Register by sending your songs,artiste
name and bio to musicpromoter9ja@mail.com. If
your song is good enough,you will get a
response from us. Good luck

You be a big thief. You wan thief person song? See ur cocoanut head. Anufia!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by ottovonceo: 8:03am On Aug 14, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Sexybarbie: It is well.
I refuse to see ao "it is well"..............
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Demainman1: 8:04am On Aug 14, 2013
I BLAME THE MILITARY BOYS FOR ALLOWING POLITICIANS KILL AND BURY THIS COUNTRY. HOW CAN THEY FOLD THEIR HANDS AND ALLOW TERRIBLE THING TO CONTINUE TO HAPPEN? ARE THEY NOT NIGERIANS?

MILITARY SHOULD ACT AS A CHECK TO POLITICIANS! THE FEAR OF COUP SHOULD BE THE BEGINING OF WISDOM FOR THE POLITICIAN BUT IN NIGERIA IT IS LIKE THE TWO ARE NOW THE SAME. THEY ARE JUST RAPING THE ENTIRE POPULATION.

NIGERIA ARMED FORCES PLEASE DO YOUR JOB!! CHASE THESE POLITIEFCIANS OUT PLS. CHASE THEM OUT, SET THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT IN POLITICS, SET THE SALARIES AND ALLOWANCES TO A MANAGABLE LEVEL AND THEN CALL ELECTION AND LET US DO ANOTHER TRIAL RUN OF OUR OWN DEMOCRACY. CONTINUE THE CYCLE UNTIL WE GET IT RIGHT.

NIGERIA ARMED FORCES DO YOUR JOB!! cry

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by 360degree(m): 8:10am On Aug 14, 2013
zibi2:
If the president does not have the idea of the answer he should just walk away for another person who know the answer to come in. it is unfortunate!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 14, 2013
FG should not listen to ASUU oh. if govt. meets ASUU demands other unions like ssanu,nasu,johesu,nma ,nlc would also table their demands. govt workers are unproductive. i am one of them no more to pay rise. govt should restructure economy first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me / My "Couple's Life" Experience In Higher Institution / 10 Nigerians That Actually Have Two Heads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.