Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala (44737 Views)

Ignore ASUU’s Demands, NASU, NAAT, SSANU Tell FG / ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Stegeson(m): 5:47am On Aug 14, 2013
kingviny: F.G, you are the manager of our national patrimony. Please demand these from ASUU:-

1. Their members should stop the selling of handouts, they should make video DVDs of their lectures to serve as a supplementary learning aids for their students.

2. Each lecturer should have a blog (with threads) like that of Nairaland for him/her to interact with his/her students with for supplementary and effective communication (online Q&A sessions).

3. Lecturers should stop seeing themselves as demi-gods but as friends and parents to students. That all sadists and bad teachers (poor teaching skills) among them should be given Jonathan's booth.

4. All exam results must come out within 2 weeks after the completion of all exams so that students can know their results on time and be able to plan better for the next semester.

5. Graduates must get their certificates on their convocation day.

6. That examination should be re-designed to evaluate student's understanding of the course (application) and not student's ability to COPY & PASTE crammed definitions. Each lecturer should prepare a synoptic summary of his/ course which should then contain all the definitions and summary of what he/she wants to teach to aid students in the mastery of his/her course.

7. Productivity Allowance should only be paid to lecturers with 70% pass rate i.e 70% of his/her students must pass (C-pass) his/her course on merit based on effective teaching. Greatness lies in simplicity. If a lecturer has not mastered his/her subject to the extent that he/she is able to effectively teach it, then he/she is not fit to be employed in the system.

IF ASUU CAN FULFILL ALL THESE 7-POINT AGENDA, F.G, PLEASE DOUBLE THEIR SALARIES. IF THEY CAN'T , F.G PLEASE REDUCE THEIR SALARIES BY 50% AND LET THE LAW OF DEMAND AND SUPPLY BRING YOU ANOTHER SET OF WORK FORCE . THEY ARE SHORT CHANGING YOU (POOR SERVICE)!

STUDENTS DESERVE THE BEST. THE 7-POINT AGENDA IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE AND ASUU DOES NOT NEED BILLIONS TO DO THE ABOVE, THEY ALREADY HAVE THE TOOLS FOR THESE WITHIN THE SYSTEM.

IF ASUU WANTS THEIR MEMBERS TO BE PAID LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS ABROAD, THEN THEY SHOULD ALSO DEMAND OF THEIR MEMBERS TO WORK LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS ABROAD.

ASUU, YOU CAN DO BETTER.

I MISS MY UNISA (University of South Africa), THE 7-POINT AGENDA ABOVE IS A PIECE OF CAKE TO THEM.
i go with you.

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by nancyberry(f): 5:50am On Aug 14, 2013
Madam you are just yarnin nonsense,it seem as if ur take home pay is really getting to you,this is education for the nation we are talking about and you say FG can't meet with ASSU demands....please think again,if this were to be the situation @ d university your children attended what would be your advice or solution....?make ur pickin remain 4 house or make FG change 4 better,abeg nor 4get say u b person mama.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by EreluY(f): 5:56am On Aug 14, 2013
SHAME ON THIS WOMAN AND TO THE GOVERNMENT OF MUMU GOODLUCK. DID I HEAR EBELE, PhD(BY CROOK OR HOOK) WAS A FORMER ACADEMIC/LECTURER.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Chrisabig(m): 6:01am On Aug 14, 2013
Abeg nigeria guys don die finish for china, mostly ibo, uli and iheala guys doing drug business in dragon hotel. Yesterday morning 300 police with dog suround the hotel and many guys jump from 5 story and skater there legs while 7 die at a spot, up to 100 where cash, no bi small thing, if you have brother here pls call to know if his alive., FG do something fast to make sure only business men are alow to travel.ok
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by handsome86(m): 6:11am On Aug 14, 2013
God help us
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 14, 2013
Over a trillion naira for security vote

Over a trillion for subsidy. Meanwhile, it still can not be explained how the bill of subsidy jumped from under N300bn to over N1trn almost over night.

This government is truly wicked, calling them clueless would be ignorance on my part.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 14, 2013
God bless you Madam Ikonjo Iweala..

ASUU can stay in their village for as long as they want..

Even the ones they graduated with hand-outs and copy and paste materials are yet to get N30,000 job..

If I were in her shoe, I'd do the same!
And that won't stop me from sending my children to harvard..

The V.C of my alma mata has more than 10 exotic cars.. I've never seen him ride a car twice. (#fact)
All his children schooled abroad also..

The V.C of KSU embezzled N200million recently..
Now I don't know the difference between a fraudulent politician and a vice chancelor..

I know many lecturers who can not open Microsoft Word on a PC in this century..
Yet they want to impact knowledge to the leaders of tomorrow..

You can imagine lecturers who cannot operate a pentium 2 computer, while their counterparts in Korea are already building a solar panel asphalt made road that charges electric cars on motion..

I expect all lecturers to use this opportunity to re brand and upgrade themselves in areas where they're lagging...

As for the students.. they know what to do..

2 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nerosoft19(m): 6:17am On Aug 14, 2013
what do you expect wen d ASUU boss n minister of education are both hausa by tribe n Muslim in religion...these people Dunt value education... all dey arr concerned about is getting married to small girls, jihad , beggin , becoming almajiri and joining the boko haram armed forces.... these politicians hav their children in private schools in the country or overseas, so dey are negligent about d whole thing.. striking is not a solution to the problem, its rather anada problem. either ways the strike will one day b called of but why can't dey Jes call it off earlier n stop fooling their selves... #team.i.want.to.go.back.to.school
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Lifemangado(m): 6:18am On Aug 14, 2013
Its a shame and a sad tale... This is why any forward thinking student should consider studying abroad...
God help Nigerians help themselves o cause God wont do what humans ought to do for themselves...

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by BlessedFellow: 6:19am On Aug 14, 2013
Idi Amin: FG is not good and ASUU is not a better side either. I spent 6yrs on a 4yr course in UNN just because of those selfish old professors who always demand to retire @70. They wanna die in classroom and the funniest part is that most of them are already senile and can't teach no more. Just take a look at Prof Wole and his senile comments these days on national dailies undecided

@Idi Amin: You don't know the rationale behind the 70 years retirement age. You would have been happy with it if you knew! If a professor uses his real age in joining the service, he should still be productive @ 70 (all things being equal).
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by cosify: 6:27am On Aug 14, 2013
Was it not the 2009 agreement? So, why did government enter into the agreement in d first place? It can not now say it can not meet d agreement. However, ASUU should revisit their demands meticulously with a view to reducing them a bit because government has other organisations,institutions and ministries to take care of.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Excelboi(m): 6:34am On Aug 14, 2013
Nerosoft19: what do you expect wen d ASUU boss n minister of education are both hausa by tribe n Muslim in religion...these people Dunt value education... all dey arr concerned about is getting married to small girls, jihad , beggin , becoming almajiri and joining the boko haram armed forces.... these politicians hav their children in private schools in the country or overseas, so dey are negligent about d whole thing.. striking is not a solution to the problem, its rather anada problem. either ways the strike will one day b called of but why can't dey Jes call it off earlier n stop fooling their selves... #team.i.want.to.go.back.to.school
Your opinion is baseless. You sound like an illiterate.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nsonaso(m): 6:34am On Aug 14, 2013
UNA NYASH EVERY TIME ASUU THIS, ASUU THAT. WHAT ABOUT ASUP? OJO ATEE ALL OF YOU....
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Aedesmuskeeto: 6:43am On Aug 14, 2013
brosss: What da Bleep...... U'all want me to believe this Sh.it about not been able to meet demands........ When the nitwit ministers and senators take home some 4cking billions of doughs on a daily bases...
I need to get the f.ck outa this shitt.y jungle. Men!

And yo! You with the adverts!!!!!! 4king get a life bro!!!!!!!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Praktikals(m): 6:50am On Aug 14, 2013
Is it not better that lecturers "chop" our money, than the crops of illiterate polithiefcians we have in this country?
ayodeji752: I remember dat okonjo iweala's children attended Harvard university in US so how do u want her to find solution to dis problem? However, ASUU must come back to its senses. I tot they said they were fighting to save university ni? I didn't knw they were also fightin for their pockets, thieves
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by saint047(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2013
Sicozone: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........why iz dz happening at this time.......am fed up of being home ooooo
since F.G cannnot meet d demands of ASUU.two tinx are involve. 1.let's naija student ask,Tinubu & buharist for help. Since PDP cannot meet up,mayb APC can meet up!!! 2.ASUU should beg boko haram for assistance,for dem to include ASUU demands as part of there demands for cease fire. Cos F.G only undastd d language of violence.u wil see dat F.G wil meet up within 24hrs.Breaking News : ASUU
FINALLY SUSPENDS
STRIKE ... After a crucial
meeting held at Abuja
today, the National
President of the
Academic Staff Union of
Universities, (ASUU) Dr.
Nasir Fagge said the
federal government and
the union have
finally reached a
compromise and the
strike
has finally been called
off sequel to the fact
that their needs have
been met by the federal
government. He urged
students to go back to
their various schools
and start work,and also
lamented that the
lecturers should resume
work too but they
should not teach the
students until Kano
Pillars wins UEFA
Champions Leauge . In
his final statement,he
said students should go
and learn a trade and
leave ASUU and FG alone
to continue their Season Film See u :p u went to go back to skul n start clubbing again
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by teadrake(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2013
ASUU demand cant be met,but terrorist demand can be met?Lest i forget,Is okonjo now the minister of Education?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Gloria3389(f): 6:58am On Aug 14, 2013
Cherish20: I thought i read something about FG releasing 90bn already in order to meet ASUU demand. What all these stories again? Me don tire 4 house o! I don dey even forget d names of my lecturers and coursemates
na dat one dey pain u abi....me i don 4get my level even my matric number
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Acecube(m): 7:10am On Aug 14, 2013
kingviny: F.G, you are the manager of our national patrimony. Please demand these from ASUU:-

1. Their members should stop the selling of handouts, they should make video DVDs of their lectures to serve as a supplementary learning aids for their students.

2. Each lecturer should have a blog (with threads) like that of Nairaland for him/her to interact with his/her students with for supplementary and effective communication (online Q&A sessions).

3. Lecturers should stop seeing themselves as demi-gods but as friends and parents to students. That all sadists and bad teachers (poor teaching skills) among them should be given Jonathan's booth.

4. All exam results must come out within 2 weeks after the completion of all exams so that students can know their results on time and be able to plan better for the next semester.

6. That examination should be re-designed to evaluate student's understanding of the course (application) and not student's ability to COPY & PASTE crammed definitions. Each lecturer should prepare a synoptic summary of his/ course which should then contain all the definitions and summary of what he/she wants to teach to aid students in the mastery of his/her course.

7. Productivity Allowance should only be paid to lecturers with 70% pass rate i.e 70% of his/her students must pass (C-pass) his/her course on merit based on effective teaching. Greatness lies in simplicity. If a lecturer has not mastered his/her subject to the extent that he/she is able to effectively teach it, then he/she is not fit to be employed in the system.

IF ASUU CAN FULFILL ALL THESE 7-POINT AGENDA, F.G, PLEASE DOUBLE THEIR SALARIES. IF THEY CAN'T , F.G PLEASE REDUCE THEIR SALARIES BY 50% AND LET THE LAW OF DEMAND AND SUPPLY BRING YOU ANOTHER SET OF WORK FORCE . THEY ARE SHORT CHANGING YOU (POOR SERVICE)!

STUDENTS DESERVE THE BEST. THE 7-POINT AGENDA IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE AND ASUU DOES NOT NEED BILLIONS TO DO THE ABOVE, THEY ALREADY HAVE THE TOOLS FOR THESE WITHIN THE SYSTEM.

IF ASUU WANTS THEIR MEMBERS TO BE PAID LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS ABROAD, THEN THEY SHOULD ALSO DEMAND OF THEIR MEMBERS TO WORK LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS ABROAD.

ASUU, YOU CAN DO BETTER.

I MISS MY UNISA (University of South Africa), THE 7-POINT AGENDA ABOVE IS A PIECE OF CAKE TO THEM.
nice one
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by tjmond(m): 7:11am On Aug 14, 2013
Hmmm..this naija FG..they re too selfish...they cant meet the demand of ASUU bt they can pay huge amount for their politicians...i cant even see why politicians should be collecting huge allowance bcoz they are just do nothing but just to sit down at the assembly nd begin fighting.... Anyway, ASUU should fight till FG Meet their demand now or never again.... God punish bad government!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by searay(m): 7:12am On Aug 14, 2013
real-teflon:
Madam Okonjo Iweala,na every where them dey see you these days. But govt knows how to take care of militant like tompolo and asari and boko haram
and perhaps how this emerging militant group called ASSU will be taken care of.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by lymelyte(m): 7:12am On Aug 14, 2013
Them for don call off this strike since if to say FG adopt the "no work,No pay scheme". All this stupid lecturer dey thier house and still dey recieve thier salary.
But it seems like ASUU is losing ground now.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by sparkleRed(f): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2013
Dis woman is heartlex, ahah shuu madam u pple should ve d heart of a mother oooh,she's blabbing nw its when ASUU want their own money dat they re cuttn off expenses and where is GEJ, he should be personally present @ dis meetings and see wat his committee re doin ..pls FG d billions of naira they re askin 4 is 4 all federal and state uni i hope they re aware, its nt just one sch#team find work do#
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Princeelisma(m): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2013
Less I forget, didn't d minister of education told us dat 100billion has bin dropd by d president nd Y okonj telling us D̶̲̥̅̊E̶̲̥̅̊Y̶̲̥̅̊ cant afford d 92billion naira..Re D̶̲̥̅̊E̶̲̥̅̊Y̶̲̥̅̊ both playing with our intllngnt..nd whr's d 100billion she claim d presidnt has dropd??cus m confused by tis scenario
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by chieftekena: 7:16am On Aug 14, 2013
bigtt76: ...But the FG can effectively and adequately meet the demands of the thieving senators and politicians abi? God is watching ooo!

... On Smart Cinema 3D TV...
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 14, 2013
kekakuz: all they do is just come to sell handout and see u on exam day.go to university of abuja and see for yourself how class reps collect money for lecturers togive them credit pass .
they sell handout eno reach
them sell passmark eno reach the
them sell certificate eno reach them
them sell textbook eno recach them
them sell post jamb form eno reach them
them sell diploma form no reach them
them sell pre-degree form eno reach them
them sell masters form eno reach them
them sell pgd form eno reach them
them sell phd form eo reach them
them sell direct etry form eno reach them
them collect sch fee damage
computefee nternet fee
e acceptance fee
diploma fee
government grant
ptf fund
internatonal support fund
hostel fee
regulrization fee
exam fee
course registration
library fee
haba asuuuuuu oleeee
My Brother ASUU na really OLE..... they have added 90 billion extra as grant, thats the reason NOI say FG cant meet their demand
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by GHOSTSNIPER(m): 7:17am On Aug 14, 2013
Osgilliat: Restructuring finances my ass..while your entire family graduated from harvard. A bill should be passed to restrict all this politician children from schooling abroad and home base private universities, I bet they will not only throw chairs at such person but also kill him. Bunch of b.i.t.c.h.e.s. spit on thread and walk away.
Dat woman can afford d money to train her children any wher dnt forget she's still a world bank senior staff.. Neva d less dey ar less concernd abt d masses.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2013

ASUU, YOU CAN DO BETTER.

This is the most sensible comment on this thread, it shows that you really understand the Nigerian Education polity, They are looking for 90Billion and just like okonjo said they do no work which means they don't provide the services worth of the amount they are paid.

Nigerian university students should hold ASUU responsible for the strike, if they are paid 90B then where would FG get the money to finance the infrastructure which the ASUU criminals used as a cover to declare the strike.

We are here crying on how much our senalooters get paid and looking for a way to cut it down but some people are here supporting the 90b they lecturers are asking as if they won't come back to sell videos and handouts to their student.

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by centmajin: 7:20am On Aug 14, 2013
 ●►THE NEWEST MUSIC VIEW N0W @ www.nairafwaves.Tk

●►THE LATEST APPZ N0W @ www.nairawaves.Tk

●►HOW TO MOD UR 2GO www.nairawaves.Tk

●►HOW TO M0D 0PERA MINI N0W www.nairawaves.Tk

●►LATEST MUSIC N0W @ www.nairawaves.Tk

●►500 HACKED 2GO PASSWORDS N0W @ www.nairawaves.Tk

●►HOW TO DEFACE A WAPSITE @ www.nairawaves.Tk

●►HOW TO MAKE C00L CASH NOW @ www.nairawaves.Tk●►C00L APPLICATIONS NOW @ www.nairawaves.Tk●►HOW TO GET FREE AIRTIME/RECHARGE CARD NOW @ www.nairawaves.Tk●►ADVERTISE YOUR SITE WITH US NOW @ www.nairawaves.Tk
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by DeNoble1(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2013
Nigerian students/youths, it is time we tell ourselves the truth. the govt is wicked and and ASUU is also wicked and corrupt. ...who soever envies a wicked man is also wicked. They said they dont have infrastructures to teach, but I will tell you that I attend a federal University that some of the lecturers dont know how operate some equipment in my department. Some of these equipment have not been used for a long time. Yet the message we get each time a lecturer enters is "WE NEED INFRASTRUCTURES" what infrastructures? when the people employed are not qualified to use them.
I don't know about others, but in my school and department, the infrastructures we have are better than the lecturers.
ASUU Chairman and Escos just want to get their own share of the FG looting and they know they cannot achieve that without this measure.
Ask yourself this question: "Where is jega presently, the former powerful ASUU president?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by ibrash600: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2013
abeg who crazy pass ASUU & FG? Na wen dem wan make we finish sch na undecided undecided #AshamedToBeNigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me / My "Couple's Life" Experience In Higher Institution / 10 Nigerians That Actually Have Two Heads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.