Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

"To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" (14492 Views)

Poll: A lady at 34

keep Waiting on love: 52% (115 votes)
Marry the next avaiable guy: 47% (104 votes)
This poll has ended

to hell with u reading it / To Hell With 6-pacs, The African Man Was Made With 1-pac / My Love, I Am Sorry. Pls Forgive Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

"To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by SisiEko1(f): 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2008
At What Point Do You Say "to Hell With Love": I Just Want To Get Married?!

I've got loads of friends who are presently going through a mid-life crisis. cry As the clock ticks i hear loads of them say to hell with love i just want to get married. Should they take a bow on love or keep hoping that it would show up someday somehow, . I've run out of inspirational messages, Nairalanders could u guys help me out here! undecided

Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 1:47am On Jun 06, 2008
No such thing as "love."

People just need to learn how to be more accomodating.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 1:50am On Jun 06, 2008
I also think that "relationship things" have become soo casual, that even MEN would rather remain single than marry.

Why marry when you can sleep with anyone you want, and go out with anyone you want, ( i think most people are generation want freedom, so do not want to accomodate one another.)
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 06, 2008
who said theres no love undecided
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Esss(m): 1:55am On Jun 06, 2008
My dear they should marry the next avaliable guy they find o! On like men, women have a faster expiration date. When once those wrinkles start showing, their market value drops like the price of bad stock on the stock exchange. Men can afford to go on till the age of 40 and still be marketable. This whole love thing is way over-rated. No prince will come riding on a white horse from far far away. It's either you grab the one which you have now or wait for the second coming.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by 4Him1(m): 1:56am On Jun 06, 2008
when she was 21 she no gree us now she's crying. boohoo.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by ikamefa(f): 1:57am On Jun 06, 2008
na wah oh see desperation shocked

na by force to marry? shocked

shuo! cheesy
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:00am On Jun 06, 2008
No prince will come riding on a white horse from far far away. It's either you grab the one which you have now or wait for the second coming.

I totally agree.

Sometimes, people make decisions out of circumstance vs. outta love.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Esss(m): 2:01am On Jun 06, 2008
4 Him:

when she was 21 she no gree us now she's crying. boohoo.

He who laughs last married first ,  grin  grin  grin
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:02am On Jun 06, 2008
@  ikamefa

I dón't think that its desperation, it probably more of pressure from family members, embarassment that other friends are getting married and they're not and such. Time is passing them by now.

1 Like

Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Esss(m): 2:05am On Jun 06, 2008
madamkoko:

@ ikamefa

I dón't think that its desperation, it probably more of pressure from family members, embarassment that other friends are getting married and they're not and such. Time is passing them by now.

Yes it is.

Look under the tin, the product will soon expire. If not consumed before fourty, please dispose off in the trash.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:06am On Jun 06, 2008
lol.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by ikamefa(f): 2:08am On Jun 06, 2008
madamkoko:

@ ikamefa

na wah and so ? so she must grab the 1st mumu that comes near her and get married?

Esss:

Yes it is.

Look under the tin, the product will soon expire. If not consumed before fourty, please dispose off in the trash.

haha " grin ' you nor well
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:18am On Jun 06, 2008
@ ikamefa

No, not grab the some mumu, (hopefully, she will choose wisely) but maybe may have to lower her standards and compromise on some things, and not have the same standards, and illusions she did when she was younger.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by vivaladiva(f): 2:22am On Jun 06, 2008
must we all marry sef
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by ikamefa(f): 2:24am On Jun 06, 2008
madamkoko:

@ ikamefa

No, not grab the some mumu, (hopefully, she will choose wisely) but maybe may have to[b] lower her standards and compromise on some things, and not have the same standards, and illusions she did when she was younger. [/b]

and will she be happy in such a marriage? will she be able to live with herself in the future? will that marriage even be able to survive?(get married today! and 6 months later ,the marriage is gone)

vivaladiva:

must we all marry sef

gbam! thank you ohhhh! to marry is not by force! " grin "
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:25am On Jun 06, 2008
No, we dont all have to marry. And I don't really believe in marriage.

But I think that Nigerian girls are raised up to think that thier life is never complete without a MAN.

No matter the education or money a girl has. She is not complete without a man.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:26am On Jun 06, 2008
@ ikamefa

Happiness is subjective.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Nobody: 2:26am On Jun 06, 2008
madamkokolet, you get sense jare kiss
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:29am On Jun 06, 2008
Theres a Niger gal I went to skool with. Went to skool in switzerland, bachelors in the US, got accepted to a prestigious law school and didn't go to school but went back home to Niger to marry an Alhaji.  She quite young but I'm sure that matters more to her and her parents than anything else or any education she's recieved.

Actually I think she's pregnant now, But I think its Niger mentality, women are nothing without men. So marriage becomes very important and life fulling for most women.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Esss(m): 2:32am On Jun 06, 2008
madamkoko:

No, we don't all have to marry. And I don't really believe in marriage.

But I think that Nigerian girls are raised up to think that their life is never complete without a MAN.

No matter the education or money a girl has. She is not complete without a man.

How them raise you abeg?? How can you be complete without a man?? See wetin make my daughters no go dey watch all dem Oprah and Ellen shows. See how pikin dey support bad thing. how you no go marry??

My dear a women without a man is not complete. Simple and short.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:32am On Jun 06, 2008
@ toyinrayo

Thank ooh jare ( mah head dey swell)  grin grin

Where's nj hj?? lol.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:35am On Jun 06, 2008
@ Esss

hopefully your daughters don't create threads like this. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Nobody: 2:36am On Jun 06, 2008
if dis madamkoko is nj hj ,then im very angry wt her angry angry angry

she just ignored jenny her friend like that,no problem
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by 4Him1(m): 2:37am On Jun 06, 2008
Esss:

My dear a women without a man is not complete. Simple and short.

seconded! Na woman wey no get choice dey talk about marriage being unimportant.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:39am On Jun 06, 2008
@ Ms. jennykadry

aaah nooo oooh i'm not nj hj. ; grin grin grin grin
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Esss(m): 2:40am On Jun 06, 2008
madamkoko:

@ Esss

hopefully your daughters don't create threads like this. undecided undecided undecided undecided

God no go gree bad thing. By the ages of 21 - 28, dem go dey man house, dey bear ehn name, dey carry ehn childrens. All girls wey don big, go school, get work must marry. Even sef bible talk am sumwhere.

How I go leave my gril pikin for house, so tey she start to expire?? Na me go marry am??
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 06, 2008
madamkoko:

@ toyinrayo

Thank ooh jare ( mah head dey swell) grin grin

Where's nj hj?? lol.

hehehhehe. . .madam, nj hj told me she's with MallamMusa smiley
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:45am On Jun 06, 2008
@ 4 Him: no one is stating that marriage is not important.

I just think that Nigerian parents should not raise thier daughters to think that thier life is unimportant, unfufilling, just because they're not married or don't have a man.

Most women are smart, brilliant, and yes not all are pretty, not all can give birth.

Yes, Marriage has its own purpose. And with that law of supply and demand, not everyone is supposed to be married. Not enough men to go around anyways and theres enough competition BUT women's life is much more important than for it to be defined by whether they have a man or not.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by madamkoko: 2:47am On Jun 06, 2008
@ toyinrayo

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by 4Him1(m): 2:49am On Jun 06, 2008
madamkoko:

@ 4 Him: no one is stating that marriage is not important.

I just think that Nigerian parents should not raise their daughters to think that their life is unimportant, unfufilling, just because they're not married or don't have a man.

Most women are smart, brilliant, and yes not all are pretty, not all can give birth.

Yes, Marriage has its own purpose. And with that law of supply and demand, not everyone is supposed to be married. Not enough men to go around anyways and theres enough competition BUT women's life is much more important than for it to be defined by whether they have a man or not.

you're getting it mixed up. The average nigerian family raise their daughters to be independent, smart women first but do not fail to remind them that marriage is equally important. Are you trying to tell us that married women were raised to see their lives as unimportant and unfulfilling? ARe you saying women who are married with kids are not smart?

If you dont like marriage good, stop trying to make excuses why u think everyone else should toe ur line. Marriage is the best thing 2 people can share.
Re: "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" by Esss(m): 2:55am On Jun 06, 2008
madamkoko:

I just think that Nigerian parents should not raise their daughters to think that their life is unimportant, unfufilling, just because they're not married or don't have a man.

Thats why they spend so much money rasing you. To grow up and get married and settle down and and have a family an Identity, a life.

madamkoko:

That is secondary. Get a man first. The rest will be added in due course.

madamkoko:

Sweetheart, this is africa. A woman without a husband, no get say for community o!! You may be God, but if you are not "in husband house", my dear nothing for you. I dont know for how long you've been abroad, but I believe you should stop watching Oprah, shes bleeping your mind up. I family without a child (esp. a male child) in africa is not complete, A woman without a husband is not complete, A man without a wife?? It doesnt matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Meet 11-year-old Kordeza Zhelyazkova: The World’s Youngest Mother / Girls, How Would You Like To Be Asked Out? / Busty Ghanaian Model Who Doesn't Wear A Bra Flaunts Her Jaw-dropping Boobs(photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.