Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships (10910 Views)

I Thought She Was A Friend,now She Wants Sex in return for a Favour. / She Wants A Sugar Daddy Without Sex, Guy Replies Him / Guys, What Is The Worst That Can Happen From Staying Without Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by phemmy26(m): 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2008
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Alapomeji1: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2008
I have sacrificed everything for her

First answer this qtion, so nairalanders can knw how to judge n advise.

wat n wat or hw ve u sacrificed for her?

this is not the first time she has brought up these issue of us staying apart for a while this is the third time but now she is really adamant for this time apart

To me she has made up her mind long ago, she was only hanging in n maybe feeling sorry 4 u.

have begged her, her friends have begged her, my friends also but she is still adamant

U see wat i mean?

she has a crush on someone and don't understand why she is in love with me and also falling for another guy

can dis happen? ok maybe i say,she neva did ve that first word in bold 4 u b4, she only liked u den n now she has found a spark in this new guy.(just my thinking)

Is it that she found these other guy more better than me, or what
She says she has seen some qualities in that man that she hasnt found in me
dats the answer, coming straight from her.

I some time wonder if its because of the age difference.

not necessarily.

If these finally pass away and we don't get to stay together, i don't think i would ever love someone so deeply anymore again
its very possible u two wont be 2geda again(interms of dating)
common man, its not d end of ur luv life journey, u will still luv n continue to luv.

no realize why guys don't fall in love and just have girls for fun and i think she is pushing me to see it that way.

I dnt agree with u totally, she is just opening ur eyes to reality dat everthing in life as a life span (begining n end) dats all!

I don't know what to do
Its normal to become weak mentally when u get wat u dont expect, especially from d one u claim to LUV

What should i do?

1. believe u can match up to any guy(no low self esteem)

2. Guy, meet her up 4 a short meeting n tell her u ve come to terms with reallity n u respect her decision n luv her so much, but u like her to do u a favour by telling u exactly wat qualities she has seen in this new guy dat u dnt ve. not because u wnt to challenge her on dat or anything or argue dat u ve dem but because u wnt to learn. trust me u will be talking to her from a position of strength. 

3.I guess its time to move on, take ur time n face wat is d most important to u,ur personality,ur career. . . . . .etc, this will definately improve u.

4. make sure u eat. cos u ve not eaten well since sunday n gues u r looking so pale n unkept.

5. make sure u laff a lot, even when u think abt her.(dnt cry cry)

sure fellow NL will give u more helping advice. smiley

Good luck man n WAKE UP! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by cescky(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2008
staying apart strenghtens realtionsships yes,but in ur case sad sorry man ur girls wants to taste something different.
i think she still loves you partly,but her hearts been dashed out to that guy
shes scared of the new adventure so does not want to thread blindly and lose but ways,thats y she's still holding on ,just in case the new guy does not go well
she also feels sorry for u as the first poster said sad
undecided

however she may still totally love u and just has a it happens if one is not mature crush for the new guy,and she may just get burnt by him then she go wake up know say na u be the rite man. been there b4

all the best man, any woman that can make u feel this bad is posinous for u thouhg.
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by phemmy26(m): 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2008
Alapo meji:

First answer this qtion, so nairalanders can knw how to judge n advise.

what n what or hw ve u sacrificed for her?

I was faithful to her, i devoted my time to this relationship, i never cheated on her, i made her comfortable, i provided for her anytime she was in need when the needs in question can be met by met which were mostly met. I am really confused in the sense that i thought this was a dream come true that they were still ladies out there that one could appreciate but now i can say all ladies are the same.
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by OscarJ1(m): 8:23pm On Jun 06, 2008
ok. now we knw. U ve really tried if all this is true.

But pls dont go wrong by the last couple of words in ur last sentence. always talk from a position of strength., ok?

wacth n see.
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by proo212(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2008
Mr Man, it's over. Let her go. Alapo Meji and Cesky are saying the same thing. She wants to keep you around so that when it doesn't work with the other guy, you guys will get back together.

This is actually worse then her sleeping with the guy and coming back to you like nothing happened. Her mind is somewhere else and there's nothing you can do about it. Just let her go and move on, If she stays, you will never get her full attention.

And like someone else said, please eat. No woman is worth starving yourself for!
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by phemmy26(m): 4:52am On Jun 07, 2008
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by phemmy26(m): 4:53am On Jun 07, 2008
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by DrKrush: 5:19am On Jun 07, 2008
Accept the break and move on with your life. If she comes back and you're still interested, then fine, else no problem.
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Alapomeji1: 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2008
If she asked us to continue, do u think its best for both of us

NO! No no.

she will only use u to while away time and at the same time still searching for anoda guy with dose qualities dat thrill her, when she finds the guy,she will dump u again.

Think!
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Xerxes4(m): 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2008
phemmy26:

My girlfriend and i have been dating for the past two years and all we ve had our ups and down, but now she said she needs a break as in time for herself to know what she really wants. She said many things that like want to know what she really wants in a man, and that also she is 4 months older than me, and she has a crush on someone and don't understand why she is in love with me and also falling for another guy, the funiest thing i and this other guy, we greet each other every time we see, even ln the presence of my girl friend. She says that we mostly argue and fight most time but we don't. The only reason why i get angry with her is that when she gets annoyed on small issues which she shouldn't, i then get angry because of that, but the funniest thing is that it doesn't last more than two days.

I really love her so much and this is not the first time she has brought up these issue of us staying apart for a while this is the third time but now she is really adamant for this time apart. Am already heart broken because no one would ever know that it come to this, almost every one are aware of our relationship and they envy us. Its even shocking to people that we are going apart. I really don't want to loose. I have been unable to eat since sunday and its really telling on me. What should i do? Is that she found these other guy more better than me, or what. She says she has seen some qualities in that man that she hasnt found in me. I have sacrificed everything for her, and she know that and even tells me that she hopes that this is not a mistake that she would regret later in life. I have begged her, her friends have begged her, my friends also, but she is still adamant. I don't know what to do. I have never loved anyone like this before, she is my first love. I some time wonder if its because of the age difference. Please i need a shoulder to lean on. If these finally pass away and we don't get to stay together, i don't think i would ever love someone so deeply anymore again. I no realize why guys don't fall in love and just have girls for fun and i think she is pushing me to see it that way.

She is fed up already. . . . . .
Women are dangerous animals. . . . The break she is talking about is actually a break-up but she is trying to cushion the effects with lets stay apart for a while and reh reh reh. . . . . .
When people have problems, they stay together to solve it. . . . Great minds don't run away from their problems.
Ma advice: Kick her ass out like POLIO.   She doesn't deserve u. cheesy grin
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by LadyT(f): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2008
Xerxes whenever a see your comments I just want to jump on you and do something!!!

Women are animals now abi?

I go show you animal.

To the poster honey she wants to have her fun. I know its very painful darling but dont hold on let her go. I suggest you if she wants to come back after doing rubbish you dont allow her. relatioships are not DVDs which you can rewind and pause. You either do it or you dont. I feel for you.
If this was mutual it would be different but its not.

At the end of the day YOU can only decide for yourself.

kiss
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Antidote1(f): 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2008
There say absence makes the heart grow fonder, Give the lady her space, Who knows! It can be better the next time around,
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by jgirl3: 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2008
~Xerxes~:

She is fed up already. . . . . .
Women are very dangerous animals. . . . The break she is talking about is actually a break-up but she is trying to cushion the effects with lets stay apart for a while and reh reh reh. . . . . .
When people have problems, they stay together to solve it. . . . Great minds don't run away from their problems.
Ma advice: Kick her ass out like POLIO. She doesn't deserve u. cheesy grin
You've started again. angry angry angry angry angry angry
What are men? They are more dangerous than women afterall, is it not a man on NL that chose the username Jackal out of his own will? What human names himself jackal ehn? angry angry cheesy
She needs a break because she needs to make up her mind. You need to stay with her and help her thru her confusion. Like they say out of sight is out of mind. You guys cannot deal with breaks easily. As soon as the girl leaves your house for 2 hours, you're already looking for a stand-in. How much more 3 months? You need to keep her close by you and watch her handle it. Maybe you're not satisfying her with your love enough. maybe you're not showing her love. You need to treat her like a princess. She'll make up her mind and stay with you.

Lady T - just leave him. It's me and him today

1 Like

Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by RThESlyR: 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2008
i don't think i would ever love someone so deeply anymore again. I no realize why guys don't fall in love and just have girls for fun and i think she is pushing me to see it that way.
Life . . . .The more we live. . .The more we learn. . . grin
Get sum first aid kits to repair your damaged heart. . . .she's gone.
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Antidote1(f): 11:19pm On Jun 08, 2008
®Th£ Sly®:

Life . . . .The more we live. . .The more we learn. . . grin
Get sum first aid kits to repair your damaged heart. . . .she's gone.

How thoughtful of you! tongue,

@poster,
Don't mope, Be a man about it, Suck it up and take it like a man. Afterall, Men Don't cry, right?
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by jgirl3: 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2008
anidote, darl - did you just call sly thoughtful? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I knew it! this earth is upside down!!!!
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by eldee(m): 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2008
LadyT:

Xerxes whenever a see your comments I just want to jump on you and do something!!!

Ahem. . . cheesy

@j-girl
Hmmn. . .so u chose to come back huh? cheesy

@topic
Concur wiv Le Chacal cheesy
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Antidote1(f): 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2008
j-girl:

anidote, darl - did you just call sly thoughtful? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

How long have we known each other again??, So don't tell me you haven't already discovered that I am the "Queen of Sarcasm" grin grin grin
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Xerxes4(m): 11:24pm On Jun 08, 2008
LadyT:

Jump on me and do something?
My wife is a wrestler, be careful what u say!!!

~Antidote~:

There say absence makes the heart grow fonder, Give the lady her space, Who knows! It can be better the next time around,

Space? Space for her to go and shag another dude?
I'm gobsmacked.

j-girl:

You've started again. angry angry angry angry angry angry
What are men? They are more dangerous than women afterall, is it not a man on Nairaland that chose the username Jackal out of his own will? What human names himself jackal ehn? angry angry cheesy

She needs a break because she needs to make up her mind. You need to stay with her and help her through her confusion. Like they say out of sight is out of mind. You guys cannot deal with breaks easily. As soon as the girl leaves your house for 2 hours, you're already looking for a stand-in. How much more 3 months? You need to keep her close by you and watch her handle it. Maybe you're not satisfying her with your love enough. maybe you're not showing her love. You need to treat her like a princess. She'll make up her mind and stay with you.

I am shocked.
J-girl, must u be biased to back women on this forum?
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by onyinye2(f): 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2008
the time apart will help. you guys can rediscover what brought yall together in the first place. or maybe you should start dating other people to see what else there is to offer. but seriously you need to pick yourself up. you should never cry over no one. you had a life before her and one afterwards.maybe this is a sign that the women who you truly were meant to be isn't her but someone who is more of your soul mate.but seriously pick your self up. there is nothing sexii about a guy who is hung over a girl
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by jgirl3: 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2008
eldee:

Ahem. . . cheesy

@j-girl
Hmmn. . .so u chose to come back huh? cheesy

@topic
Concur with Le Chacal cheesy
Lol - we all know lady t has a *cough* for jackal.

I couldn't bear to leave you alone. I kept asking after you. Ask that sly of a specimen.

You concur with chacal - shocked shocked shocked shocked Rise of the 3 musketeers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Xerxes~:

Jump on me and do something?
My wife is a wrestler, be careful what u say!!!

I'm gobsmacked.

I am shocked.
J-girl, must u be biased to back women on this forum?
I am not biased! Why would you call women dangerous animals? You're the most biased human i know
BTW - who dashed you wrestler wife? She would have beaten some feminism theories into your head by now. I need to meet her. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by LadyT(f): 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2008
onyinye2:

the time apart will help. you guys can rediscover what brought yall together in the first place. [b]or maybe you should start dating other people to see what else there is to offe[/b]r. but seriously you need to pick yourself up. you should never cry over no one. you had a life before her and one afterwards.maybe this is a sign that the women who you truly were meant to be isn't her but someone who is more of your soul mate.but seriously pick your self up. there is nothing sexii about a guy who is hung over a girl

This is not a supermarket try before you buy! angry
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Antidote1(f): 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2008
~Xerxes~:

I'm gobsmacked.

No space for her to sort herself out, Maybe see if the relationship is worth keeping, Maybe to step out and look in, Maybe to give the guy a chance to "step-it-up",

Relationships are difficult, people handle them differently, Who knows, as i earlier said, maybe they will discover something special about each other and start loving again crazier than before,

1 Like

Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by RThESlyR: 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2008
j-girl:

Sharup! cool

~Antidote~:

How thoughtful of you! tongue,

You know how i do! cool
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by onyinye2(f): 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2008
@ lady T
never did say it was a supermarket. i just suggest in for him to go out and search and see what other women have to offer.
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by jgirl3: 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2008
~Antidote~:

No space for her to sort herself out, Maybe see if the relationship is worth keeping, Maybe to step out and look in, Maybe to give the guy a chance to "step-it-up",

Relationships are difficult, people handle them differently, Who knows, as i earlier said, maybe they will discover something special about each other and start loving again crazier than before,
Naija guys have a limit on love. There is absolutely nothing like crazier than b4.
Oh - let me not get into that this beautiful night.

@ Sly - if i sound you ehn! you will know how to shut me up well. Read my siggy and OBEY it! Capisce? cheesy
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by manmustwac(m): 11:32pm On Jun 08, 2008
staying apart could be a sign that she's losing interest in the relationship and the fact that she seniors you dosen't help. Just leave her if that whats she wants coz u can't force someone to do what she dosen't want to do. Well just pray and hope she comes back
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by LadyT(f): 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2008
@J-girl angry

Leave me and Jackal our loff has been going on a long time.  

Your wife is a wrestler.  she will have to wrestle me off you after your animal comment!  na me and you today! Jackal  angry
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by LadyT(f): 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2008
4 months Or 4 years?
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Xerxes4(m): 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2008
@ Eldee,

These women dunno what time is it, do they?
How can a gurl say she needs her space in a relationship. . . . .If she wants out, she should flipping be a babe about it and say so!!!!
Lets just hope the gurl wont get preggers for anutha man while she is on break. cheesy grin

@ J-girl,

I meant higher animals. . . . .wasn't talking of pigs, dogs or baboons. grin cheesy
Gosh, if u are not a plant, u must be an animal, innit?
But seriously, i dunno what chics of nowadays are turning to. . . . .sitting on the fence to perpetrate their evil deeds.
God help my woman if she tells me this kind of gibberish, i would chop her tits off. cheesy grin
Re: She Wants A Break. Does staying apart strengthen relatonships by Antidote1(f): 11:35pm On Jun 08, 2008
®Th£ Sly®:

You know how i do! cool

DO I? grin grin tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

He Said They Both Rather Die Than For Him To Leave Her. / 20 Different Types Of Kisses And Their Meanings / He Wants To Have Raw Sex With Me......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.