Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,350 members, 7,846,518 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (46605 Views)

Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Pataki: 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
jennykadry: @pataki and coogar

Please say no more. Where I work we have non "good" English speaking Filipino cleaners, these people with their terrible English earn 23 dollars per hour confirmed and they do an 8 hour shift. I dont have to tell you people about the cleaning job in obodo oyibo, its not naija dirty soak-away/toilet/ offices cleaning job, it's a white mans environment cleaning job where even I can afford to eat amala and ewedu inside their toilets. cheesy

Mortuary attendants Nko? The money they pay them is enough to buy nairaland. grin yet one eediot is busy talking trash whilst waiting for a relative to send him /her western union.

Let Nigeria offer cleaners 500 naira per hour and see If these lunatics won't rush the job. Goats

I was even at the so-called Shoprite shopping mall in Ikeja. I had to use the toilet there. The chap working on ensuring the toilet was always clean, had no gloves on! I walked up to him and asked him why he was not wearing any gloves, he told me he was not given anything of such. Few months down the line, when this boy starts developing health related problems, nobody will be there to ensure adequate and proper health cover for him.

A toilet cleaner in any westernized world is sure to receive the best of health care attention which the so-called foolish leaders from Nigeria are constantly traveling abroad to receive.

Yet, Afam and his goats are here trying to belittle jobs abroad.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
jennykadry: @pataki and coogar

Please say no more. Where I work we have non "good" English speaking Filipino cleaners, these people with their terrible English earn 23 dollars per hour confirmed and they do an 8 hour shift. I dont have to tell you people about the cleaning job in obodo oyibo, its not naija dirty soak-away/toilet/ offices cleaning job, it's a white mans environment cleaning job where even I can afford to eat amala and ewedu inside their toilets. cheesy

Mortuary attendants Nko? The money they pay them is enough to buy nairaland. grin yet one eediot is busy talking trash whilst waiting for a relative to send him /her western union.

Let Nigeria offer cleaners 500 naira per hour and see If these lunatics won't rush the job. Goats

$23 per hour? that's some cool cash and they do 40 hours between monday and friday. that's almost $1000 per week.

the thing is nigerians in nigeria just love to talk a good game. most of them are hypocrites and they would jump into any plane out of nigeria without a second thought.

how did this happen if nigerians are not hypocrites?
https://www.nairaland.com/767203/fred-olawale-makanjuola-crystal-services

that's 7000 nigerians defrauded by a man that promised them a trip to canada. majority of them were into full employment when this happened and i am sure afam and his army of lunatics screaming on this thread were among the victims.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nigeria will only change when Nigerians CHANGE THEIR EXPECTATIONS !

All Children deserve a Good Modern education in a Clean SAFE Enviroment !

We in England and US want Equality and Justice in our Fatherland, and we need to be Understood and not Condemned for SPEAKING OUT !

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2013
queenvic: Nigeria will only change when Nigerians CHANGE THEIR EXPECTATIONS !

We in England and US want Equality and Justice in our Fatherland, and we need to be Understood and not Condemned for SPEAKING OUT !

Thank you. I had issues with NIN last year simply because I stated that my children will not school in Nigeria. Why will they... When the land of kangaroos has more to offer them? I dey craze
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pataki:
Everyone has their own preferences. When I visited Nigeria, I had people telling me they cannot relocate abroad. Simply because they are used to the lifestyle of people like Afam doing boy-boy at their beck-n-call.

Take a random sample of the working elite on the Politics board, you would discover the sheer illiteracy ravaging that country. I landed in Nigeria and custom/immigration officer was asking me, what I brought for him?

What I cannot stand stand further is when a mushin-olosha tout like Afam who has been beaten by a million mosquitoes yesterday night will come here and tell me he is living a better life in Nigeria.
grin grin grin
Bros,
These days I have gravitated from being annoyed to just doing whats best for me, I love Nigeria and its that simple, I am proud to be a Nigerian. I am not proud of the way things are in Nigeria at the moment but I really have no qualms with being a Nigerian. For me Nigeria is a peculiar place with peculiar problems, our nature as Africans affect so many things we do.
The real question is, what constitutes a better life to you?
What constitutes a better life to me?
As long as we differ on the above questions then we are just arguing or like I put it earlier looking at things from different angles. Life is not easy anywhere, depending on what a person wants to achieve whats important to me and to you would differ. Some people I know practically live away from their families inside the deep water making money to "make ends meet", they earn money that still blows my mind away but my preference for wanting to be close to my family makes me different. When they release new cars (which only their wives drive by the way grin grin grin ) I turn the other way and manage my tuke tuke, because to me family life is more important. To some other people giving their family all the good material things of life is what the better life is, to others its values and ish like that. To me its a balance.
Here are the facts,
1. There are Nigerians living in Nigeria who have a better life than Nigerians living in the UK and the US.
2. There are Nigerians living in the UK and US who have better lives than Nigerians living in Nigeria.

But why the hell would someone with a Masters Degree be doing Mr. Biggs Security in cold cold cold Aberdeen? grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
coogar:

$23 per hour? that's some cool cash and they do 40 hours between monday and friday. that's almost $1000 per week.

the thing is nigerians in nigeria just love to talk a good game. most of them are hypocrites and they would jump into any plane out of nigeria without a second thought.

how did this happen if nigerians are not hypocrites?
https://www.nairaland.com/767203/fred-olawale-makanjuola-crystal-services

that's 7000 nigerians defrauded by a man that promised them a trip to canada. majority of them were into full employment when this happened and i am sure afam and his army of lunatics screaming on this thread were among the victims.

I am telling you it's confirmed 23 dollars per hour

Lmao...I remember the first time you were given a link to that crystal thread, you almost died. I followed that story from the beginning and we were condemned and insulted for telling them its fraud. One even said we were jealous cos they were coming to join us. grin
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by collynzo2(m): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
queenvic: Nigeria will only change when Nigerians CHANGE THEIR EXPECTATIONS !

Come back and help effect the changes, posting pictures will not solve anything. How will Nigeria get better if the default solution on most people's mind is to run away from the country? The founding fathers of US and UK toiled to mark their countries what they are today. They didn't build their countries by running away to other nations.

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
If Nigeria had something better to offer them, they wouldn't be doing the security job.

It was when I left Nigerians knew that you don't necessarily have to be a PHD holder to make it, a "common" certificate owner here can earn up to 165k per year.

A 19 yr old miner recently quit his job and got a job elsewhere, when I asked him why e told me the other job was offering him 130k which was over 20k more than what he was earning. Can someone please tell me how much that boy would make by the time he clocks 30...can a 19 yr old from an average family earn that in that country without involving himself with illegal tinz?

Nonsense
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by kpolli(m): 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
Freiburger:
Why will he insult his own country if he hasn't seen something new/different?

So it takes 24hrs to write off a country u've lived in for 30 something yrs... this is a dummb reply
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
jennykadry:

Thank you. I had issues with NIN last year simply because I stated that my children will not school in Nigeria. How can they... When the land of kangaroos has more to offer them? I dey craze

grin grin grin TELL DEMM O ! Dont mind those haters ! Does not every Parent what the Best for their Children ? They need to know that Primary school children in UK have the SAME Quality educational facilities as Nigerian University Students.

1.... WE ARE NOT ALL POOR IN DIASPORA... (its a Lie which makes them feel better)
2.... Evn Toilet Cleaners in UK are Driving Heavy Rides..
3.... WE are NOT all treated bad by whites and if we are UNLIKE NIgeria we can use the Law for representation.
4..... If life was so Rotten in Diaspora why do they BEG us to help get Visa, Beg for Marriage, friendship etc.

I was in Nigeria a few years ago when people waited over 2 Hours for a delayed flight.. NOBODY COMPLAINED !!! THEY SAT THERE IN THE AIRPORT..Pregnant Naija woman, Elderly and those with small kids, while the ARIK Staff were walking around without giving curteous information... Guess who complained and threatened to storm the office ? ME !!! Which resulted in Food and drinks and appology from ARIK to us... !! They enjoy Smiling and suffering ! WHY and bad mind and jelosy is killing them !

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
jennykadry:

I am telling you it's confirmed 23 dollars per hour

Lmao...I remember the first time you were given a link to that crystal thread, you almost died. I followed that story from the beginning and we were condemned and insulted for telling them its fraud. One even said we were jealous cos they were coming to join us. grin

that's what they know how to do.....condemn the reasonable thoughts and think everyone else is after their "success".

these are the lamentations of the fraud victims....

Emeka, a final year student of FUTO can’t believe the outcome. “I was supposed to take aptitude test for a job my father had arranged. How do I face my father, what will be my story? I investigated well, I went as far as visiting a native doctor in Ogun State and he confirmed that it was real. I know it is real, its NAPTIP that wants to spoil the business.”

Suleiman a businessman in Kano blames the police for failing to alert them, and said “I can’t believe that I have been defrauded. I consulted an alfa and he confirmed it.”

Chidi who claimed to have resigned from a job that pays him as much as N120,000 a month lamented that he sold almost everything he had to embark on the trip. He claimed to have given Olawale about N500,000 to ensure that his name is in the first batch. “I investigated this matter properly. I even went to GTBank and they confirmed that the travellers cheques had been processed and handed over to Fred.

If a bank as big as GT would be convinced that this man is real why won’t I believe? If this is scam then, the bank, police, Federal High Court, Immigration and even lecturers are part of it. During the symposium at Unilag, a staff of the bank addressed us on how to use the travellers cheque when we get to Canada.

The immigration woman told us that it was real. The lecturer that claimed he came from LASU was there. There was also a representative from the NDLEA who advised us to stay away from drugs. I am seriously suspecting that NAPTIP is a spoiler because Fred refused to play ball.”

Another victim Lukeman lamented that Fred collected money from them and is still withholding their passport. “I am a master’s degree holder and cannot believe what is happening. I am sure that this man must have visited the highest juju in Nigeria to perfect the plan.”

Olalekan, is one of the lucky ones who parted with only N75,000 before he discovered that it was a scam. He wrote a letter to the embassy that informed him the deal was not clean.

A banker who is yet to come to terms that this is real thanked his stars that he did not tender his resignation letter before the bad turn of events. “My sister, I have my resignation letter in my pocket as we speak. Thank God I did not submit it. Three of my friends who were affected had resigned
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Pataki: 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
collynzo2: Come back and help effect the changes, posting pictures will not solve anything. How will Nigeria get better if the default solution on most people's mind is to run away from the country? The founding fathers of US and UK toiled to mark their countries what they are today. They didn't build their countries by running away to other nations.
I would have stayed to effect my change. The few months I stayed in that country, I only realized even Nigerians like you are not ready for the change! Nigerians are way too docile. You all love the status quo, where nothing works but everyone is satisfied that I am at least better than my neighbor.

One of my friends is a top business man in Nigeria. He is an employer of people into his own company. Everyone uses 'sir' for him at work, when we left his place of work and I got to his house, I was shocked to find him trying to whine and turn on his own generator to power electricity. Big boy on the streets, generator boy at home. I asked him, for how long do you want to continue living this kind of life?

I grew up shouting - UP NEPA! I will not allow my own kids to live that kind of life.

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
Well I personally think if you spend a lot of money to get a masters degree, and then settle for doing "security" jobs or cleaning then that person is a colossal disappointment to himself and to humanity in general, I am not saying I am right its just my opinion.

As for earning power, I think things should be put in the correct context. Earning 10k USD in naija and 10k USD outside do not amount to the same thing at all, from tax to everyday living expenses ( rent, cost of gas, cost of labour - nanny et al) what we should really be looking at is the free cash flow the person has at the end of the day......I think.

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
jennykadry: If Nigeria had something better to offer them, they wouldn't be doing the security job.

It was when I left Nigerians knew that you don't necessarily have to be a PHD holder to make it, a "common" certificate owner here can earn up to 165k per year.

A 19 yr old miner recently quit his job and got a job elsewhere, when I asked him why e told me the other job was offering him 130k which was over 20k more than what he was earning. Can someone please tell me how much that boy would make by the time he clocks 30...can a 19 yr old from an average family earn that in that country without involving himself with illegal tinz?

Nonsense

Your responses indicate that of a young twenty something yr old so I don't blame you. The fact that you would actually compare wages in a developed and a "developing" nation says a lot about your intellect. I personally think the only reason you're making noise is because you've only been away for a little bit. Wait till you've spent decades abroad and I guarantee you, your way of thinking will change. You are not telling us anything new. Corruption in Nigeria did not start yesterday, it's been there since independence. People have been suffering since independence so all your rants is a waste of time. What I do not agree with is the notion that the country is "STAGNANT" and that NIN hate NID.

What caliber of people do you know sef. Maybe where you're from in Nigeria, they hate you. A lot of us have Nigerians in Nigeria that pray for us everyday and wish us well so you are on your own.

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
MY CHILDREN WILL NEVER SUFFER WHAT I SUFFERED WHEN I WAS IN NIGERIA.GOD FORBID BAD THING.MY KIDS WILL NEVER SHOUT UP NEVER LIKE I DID.NEPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
As for earning power, I think things should be put in the correct context. Earning 10k USD in naija and 10k USD outside do not amount to the same thing at all, from tax to everyday living expenses ( rent, cost of gas, cost of labour - nanny et al) what we should really be looking at is the free cash flow the person has at the end of the day......I think.

by the time you deduct income tax, fuel for generator, borehole, lordmart generators, security, vigilante, hospital bills, car maintenance(due to bad roads & traffic), the man in nigeria is left with almost nothing.

then there are intangibles - pollution(sound, water and air), outbreak of any disease, menace of the underworld men, police harassment, job insecurity, low life expectancy. can you quantify those?

look into the eyes of the average nigerian(especially lagosians), it's always bloodshot! and i am not talking about the alcoholics and the weed smokers. i am talking about the regular people.

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
So Madame Jenny what U on about?

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Pataki: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
coogar:

by the time you deduct income tax, fuel for generator, borehole, lordmart generators, security, vigilante, hospital bills, car maintenance(due to bad roads & traffic), the man in nigeria is left with almost nothing.

then there are intangibles - pollution(sound, water and air), outbreak of any disease, menace of the underworld men, police harassment, job insecurity, low life expectancy. can you quantify those?

look into the eyes of the average nigerian(especially lagosians), it's always bloodshot! and i am not talking about the alcoholics and the weed smokers. i am talking about the regular people.

Adding to that intangibles, the aso-ebis, the owambes party, the extended family and periodic visitors who expect something.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by collynzo2(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pataki:
I would have stayed to effect my change. The few months I stayed in that country, I only realized even Nigerians like you are not ready for the change! Nigerians are way too docile. You all love the status quo, where nothing works but everyone is satisfied that I am at least better than my neighbor.

One of my friends is a top business man in Nigeria. He is an employer of people into his own company. Everyone uses 'sir' for him at work, when we left his place of work and I got to his house, I was shocked to find him trying to whine and turn on his own generator to power electricity. Big boy on the streets, generator boy at home. I asked him, for how long do you want to continue living this kind of life?

I grew up shouting - UP NEPA! I will not allow my own kids to live that kind of life.

And you think the solution you can offer that your friend is to ask him to run away from the country? At least he's doing his best to make the country better by running his business, employing people and all that. He has played his part. Running away is never the solution. Americans and Germans didn't build their countries by running away. Some of you never profer solutions, all you do is complain all the time or advise others to leave the country(hell hole as they call it).

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pataki:
Adding to that intangibles, the aso-ebis, the owambes party, the extended family and periodic visitors who expect something.

everyone has a problem in nigeria. the moment you land at the airport, the immigration officers, trolley pushers and any official you come across are asking you to give them something. i have never seen a country like this - ever.....

for those crying for the nigerian in diaspora to proffer solution, how can they? the ones who have dared to speak the truth have been killed or harmed. there are some powerful people happy with the country's status quo and they will kill for it to remain so.

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by PureOhio(f): 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
NIN and NID are the same to me in the grand scheme of things .....

NID complain about how much they wish they were back home to evade tv license folks (lol); not.be bothered about credit card debts and numerous bills.

NIN complain about the basics; no traffic lights, no electricity, water, fuel, etc..

Theoretically, one isn't better than the other.

So many NID want to come back home to escape constant 9-5s and huge taxes, and NIN want to go to America to pluck diamonds from the trees.

Nigeria has a huge advantage over diaspora; there are so many basic problems in Nigeria that with enough capital it's easy to become super rich.

So there really shouldn't be an argument of who is better. We both have what we want.

The perfect life ; make money in Nigeria for a while, travel back to USA to spend , make money in Nigeria for
a while (and spend), travel to the UK to spend , on repeat cool

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
PureOhio: NIN and NID are the same to me in the grand scheme of things .....

NID complain about how much they wish they were back home to evade tv license folks (lol); not.be bothered about credit card debts and numerous bills.

NIN complain about the basics; no traffic lights, no electricity, water, fuel, etc..

Theoretically, one isn't better than the other.

So many NID want to come back home to escape constant 9-5s and huge taxes, and NIN want to go to America to pluck diamonds from the trees.

Nigeria has a huge advantage over diaspora; there are so many basic problems in Nigeria that with enough capital it's easy to become super rich.

So there really shouldn't be an argument of who is better. We both have we want.

The emboldened words are by miles the best ve herald on here.

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Pataki: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
collynzo2: And you think the solution you can offer that your friend is to ask him to run away from the country? At least he's doing his best to make the country better by running his business, employing people and all that. He has played his part. Running away is never the solution. Americans and Germans didn't build their countries by running away. Some of you never profer solutions, all you do is complain all the time or advise others to leave the country(hell hole as they call it).
It is a hell hole. Within the last few years, I have lost a few uncles due to what: unstable power supply, armed robbers, bad road and bad health care services in Nigeria.

If I love someone, I will educate them on what is better. When you lot mention American and Germans, you fail to realize one thing. These countries are still building their countries! Development is a continuous process. This is why they never fail to get the best of brains out there for themselves. On the opposite, Nigeria easily flushes out her own best of brains.

What a hell hole!
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
I don't understand why you guys are comparing someone on the lower social strata in a developed country like the US and the UK to nigeria's. There's no basis for comparism.

Guys, compare the middle class/upper class in nigeria to the middle class/upper class in the UK and the US.

But hey, this is not the subject for discussion. I wish we'd go back to points raised in the opening post where nigeria's (lack of) know how and professionalism was called into question.

All this my adopted country better pass your country no make sense. Very petty!

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
coogar:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin
I dont particularly agree bros, so many things on that list dey very negotiable. The main proof is how much is left in the account of the person who earns 10k USD a month in naija and a person earning the same thing abroad
Let us pick one simple aspect say car maintenance for instance, how much would it take to fix ones car in terms of labour cost in naija vs outside Nigeria assuming the man abroad and the man in naija have the same fault? some guys for ladipo dey good ooooooo grin grin grin

Health
Thats a no brainer, healthcare abroad is waaaaayyyyy better than naija, it is also waaayyyyy more expensive, how much goes to health for the man abroad ( medical insurance) vs the man in naija who prolly had just malaria and got some malaria pills from the very posh pharmacy near his house grin grin grin I guess thats why life expectancy is low undecided undecided

Job Insecurity
Errr I think thats everywhere as well, what happens when someone who earns 100k usd a year in Nigeria loses his job? Well that all depends on the person, he can decide to fire his uniform wearing security company and hire aboki services grin grin. The point is a lot is under his control, in this aspect its more dependent on the person, economies around the world are shyte at the moment undecided undecided

Still though if we were to look at it for the things we can quantify, the guy earning 10k USD in naija if smart enough would trump that 10k USD guy abroad in terms of what is left in his account at the end of the day. Its just my opinion.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Pataki: 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
Chrisbenogor:

Health
Thats a no brainer, healthcare abroad is waaaaayyyyy better than naija, it is also waaayyyyy more expensive, how much goes to health for the man abroad ( medical insurance) vs the man in naija who prolly had just malaria and got some malaria pills from the very posh pharmacy near his house grin grin grin I guess thats why life expectancy is low undecided undecided
You seem to make a lot of sense here I must say. I have never had malaria living abroad. I nearly died in my undergraduate years in Nigeria due to malaria. I was seconds away from death for not treating myself of malaria because I was scared of having a carryover for one useless course like that. Yes it is cheaper getting malaria tablets and self medication as most people usually do, but if looked at critically, it has resulted to further death than imagined.

To support your argument: When I was in Nigeria, I developed severe toothache problems. Could not sleep adequately at night, nearly thought of re-scheduling my flight and flying back to my base so that I could have proper health checks done. But when I thought closely again, I knew my health insurance would charge me for it. Oh boy, I chose to remove the tooth right here in Nigeria for close to zero payment. cheesy So yes in a way, health care is cheaper in Nigeria, but how many Nigerians can still fully use it?

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
Health care is cheaper for me here cos I don't pay for it, free as they come
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pataki:
It is a hell hole. Within the last few years, I have lost a few uncles due to what: unstable power supply, armed robbers, bad road and bad health care services in Nigeria.

If I love someone, I will educate them on what is better. When you lot mention American and Germans, you fail to realize one thing. These countries are still building their countries! Development is a continuous process. This is why they never fail to get the best of brains out there for themselves. On the opposite, Nigeria easily flushes out her own best of brains.

What a hell hole!

Do u know how gossip Is best defined?

''When u talk about a Problem u're not part of and u've got no solution for''

The Western world are way ahead of Nigeria in every ratification and ramification. And for the fact that ill administrative offices has resorted to selfish outputs other than having the country's plight at heart shouldnt foment ur course to diss the Country and the People innit.

Yeah Ghana has Improved but are they better than Nigeria? Hell No, I can swear to the fact that Enugu, Ph, Calabar would give their Capital State Accra a run for its reputation.

Botswana, Cameroon, Senegal, Gabon, Uganda, Togo, Angola, Liberia etc are way behind this country that ve been unfortunate to be graced with mediocres as administrators.

Jenny is obviously having a buttpain or maybe would be in her periods, she should vent her grievances on the FG and not to generate a stark 'Fable' about Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by collynzo2(m): 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
jennykadry: Health care is cheaper for me here cos I don't pay for it, free as they come
How come they don't mointor you properly?
You've been off your pills since yesterday.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Pataki: 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
El Guapo:

Do u know how gossip Is best defined?

''When u talk about a Problem u're not part of and u've got no solution for''

The Western world are way ahead of Nigeria in every ratification and ramification. And for the fact that ill administrative offices has resorted to selfish outputs other than having the country's plight at heart shouldnt foment ur course to diss the Country and the People innit.

Yeah Ghana has Improved but are they better than Nigeria? Hell No, I can swear to the fact that Enugu, Ph, Calabar would give their Capital State Accra a run for its reputation.

Botswana, Cameroon, Senegal, Gabon, Uganda, Togo, Angola, Liberia etc are way behind this country that ve been unfortunate to be graced with mediocres as administrators.

Jenny is obviously having a buttpain or maybe would be in her periods, she should vent her grievances on the FG and not to generate a stark 'Fable' about Nigerians.

I am not talking as one who is enstranged from Nigeria. But rather one who knows what it means to live in a hell hole and still call it a country. Do the people living in Nigeria respect Nigeria in its totality? NO! How do you then expect people who have seen what a sane environment should look like, now be asked to respect and call Nigeria what it is not. Sorry it does not work that way with me.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pataki:

I am not talking as one who is enstranged from Nigeria. But rather one who knows what it means to live in a hell hole and still call it a country. Do the people living in Nigeria respect Nigeria in its totality? NO! How do you then expect people who have seen what a sane environment should look like, now be asked to respect and call Nigeria what it is not. Sorry it does not work that way with me.

And the solution is to flee? You traverse on a rather 'outdated' philosophy.

Men like Dangote, Uba, Ibru, Adenuga etc would sure love to slap those glands out of ur gob.

Every Nigerian have a wide chance to advance in life without travelling or banking on the govt, the hiccup is that ''Most Nigerians are Lazy to explore and have placed their fate on the government''

And to think Unemployment and Corruption also looms In Europe is modest enough to ward off ur Interest of dragging this nation's name to the mud.

Read these Up :
www.examiner.com/list/job-scarcity-for-eu-s-educated-youth

www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2013/0709/From-Greece-to-Germany-Europeans-see-government-failing-on-corruption

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply)

Underwater Photos Taken At The Yankari Games Reserve In Bauchi / Indonesian Plane Missing Over Papua Region / 10 Things I Learnt While Travelling Across America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.