Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (46311 Views)

Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
A-town:
^^^^
Don't mind the girl juh. I know she knows better. Just enjoys stirring up wahala.
For where, no be US you dey. You wan make i enter one chance. By the way, who's the guy on your profile? Looks very familiar

tongue tongue
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by debosky(m): 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
A-town:
@NIDs with dual nationality. Word of advice. Your citizenship can be REVOKED ooo. If you are a naturalized citizen, you can have it revoked so think twice before you condemn and burn your naija passport. Naija won't accept you if your adopted country disowns you oo. You will become stateless and may have to see refuge in NORTH KOREA shocked

Ekiokwu?? cheesy

Na lie jare. . . .all you need to do is get a letter from your LGA that you are an indigene and they will issue you passport. Heck majority of the folk living in naija have no means to identify them as Nigerians - most don't have passports, and the national id thing was a waste of time.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
debosky:

I think she’s trying to shock some people into think differently. Our biggest issue is complacency - it’s not so bad, or other places are worse. Truth is, little or no change occurs if you are not fed up enough to change. As long as you feel it’s ‘manageable’, there’ll be no change.

When those who can afford to live in homes costing hundreds of millions choose to do so, with the roads in front of their house a mess, running generators endlessly, instead of e.g. coming together to fix those roads, setting up small generating units that can serve small areas, etc - when those that are well off are simply happy because they can go abroad for vacation, things don’t change.
Oga Debo,
You are right about one thing, complacency - Nigerians are relaxed. There is a reason I think for that, when a persons wahala is to survive he thinks differently from other people. When a person's source of survival is at stake they would do things different from the norm, oh yes it has spread like a bad cancer......Nigerians have so many problems all the pages in all the threads of this website would not contain.

The real question we should be asking is that does complaining from anyone - NIN or NID absolve them from the problems in Nigeria? Does running away and getting the passport of another country make you the one who knew what was best to do?
I have no qualms with where anyone decides to live and yes people can feel begrudged for what they have failed to gain from Nigeria, we all have a duty to perform one way or the other in getting things done.

I firmly believe that the Nigerian govt is a reflection of the people, if we stay in our houses refuse to vote and complain about those that were imposed on us then too bad, if parents of the kids who are at home have refused to fight for what they think is right then we are all culpable. A man who lives for nothing, will fall for anything.

My point is we all know Nigeria has problems, complaining and pointing fingers does not absolve us from it. Rinsola Abiola is a a young woman like the OP, she is albeit in a small scale trying her best to affect youths in Nigeria one way or the other, we are tired of hearing problems. We need solutions.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
debosky:

Ekiokwu?? cheesy

Na lie jare. . . .all you need to do is get a letter from your LGA that you are an indigene and they will issue you passport. Heck majority of the folk living in naija have no means to identify them as Nigerians - most don't have passports, and the national id thing was a waste of time.

Forget story oo. That is in Nigeria. I repeat, make una no try am. You will need the Nigerian embassy staff wherever you are to issue you your identification. The same embassy staff that you've crucified. Chei, them go show you pepper. Word of advice, start loving NIN now so you don't enter one chance...jenny you have been warned.. shocked

On a lighter note, as a NID, i personally think we should be greatful to Nigeria as a whole. The only reason i appreciate the beautiful architectural structures in Texas is because i have seen worse.
The only reason i appreciate the MAGNIFICENT road network houston has is because i have seen pot holes the size of rivers on apapa-oshodi expressway.

The only reason i appreciate centerpoint energy is because i know of one unreliable power company called NEPA.

There are thousands of reasons. For us as NID's to now say bad things about Nigeria says a lot about how much we have learnt from the west. If we say all these to a sensible foreigner, the first question they would ask is why havent we "the NID's" used the KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, and EXPOSURE we have gained in the west to make changes.

To counter that, the NID's are doing this by remitting money home, opening businesses, working in naija as repats etc.
While this is not enough, it's a step. If we sit down and TALK TALK TALK, then we have failed the nation.
If any NIN beefs me, rather than beef him/her back, i will give the person reasons to RESPECT/APPRECIATE me by educating the person since this is one of the BENEFITS i SUPPOSEDLY gained from the west.

Condemning everything Nigerian will only go to show that exposure to the west changed nothing in me.

That said, even Jenny can not argue that we all love Nigeria. She can deny it all she wants but we all love it. If you lived in naija, your teenage years, you can't help but love it.
From, lagos traffic, fan yogo, gala, beach side pepper soup, asun, nkwobi, to the entertaining owambe parties . ..
chei abeg where is that Delta agent, i need a quick trip to Lasgidi.

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1417807/soldier-stole-iphone-4s

I thought the uniform men are there to protect not steal? grin cheesy
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
jennykadry: https://www.nairaland.com/1417807/soldier-stole-iphone-4s

I thought the uniform men are there to protect not steal? grin cheesy

that's not nigeria.....
it's either cameroon or ghana. uniform men in nigeria are the most honest people on the planet. transparency international even said uniform men in nigeria are more honest than vatican priests.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

that's not nigeria.....
it's either cameroon or ghana. uniform men in nigeria are the most honest people on the planet. transparency international even said uniform men in nigeria are more honest than vatican priests.

I knew it happened In Ghana but one Sauron was busy telling me it happened in Nigeria angry
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by biolabee(m): 5:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
Dayum.... bro you killed it

lastpage:

Let me say something here, this Eediot does not represent the OPINION of N.I.D. in any way.
She is just one deranged Ashawo without any modicum of dignity.
She is utter crass and if you check properly, you will realize that she's had a traumatized upbringing (according to her previous post here on NL, her father is a drunk, a failure who impregnated her mother when he was just 19yrs old and barely finished secondary school; even mother is another ashawo who brought men home in her husbands presence so they can eat!)
Bottom line, we are who we are by virtue of our upbringing and this Jennifer Kadry has the worst upbringing any ANIMAL can have!
What is the big deal about living in the Diaspora? Why would a sane person keep yapping over this all the days of her life when she actually just got her Aussy papers as late as dec. 2010? Why is this 'Baby Diasporean' so excited? Australia for that matter! grin

I have lived "legally as a citizen" in the Diaspora for over a decade (with wife and kids) and as far as l am concerned, l am still who l am. A properly grounded NIGERIAN ....with a dual citizenship.

There are two types/Groups of Nigerians in Diaspora:

1.) Those who see living in Diaspora as "just one of many opportunities" available to them.
These group of people are already "somebody" before going abroad. They are well educated, have solid jobs, earn fat pay or own their own business and live a relatively comfortable life in Nigeria before going abroad.

These set of people sit down one day and ask themselves: What other thing can l do for my family?
In my own case, l decided that having an "additional, second citizenship" (instead of our yearly long vacation abroad) for everyone, especially my kids, might be just be another notch for them, later in life. Not becaue we hate our country of origin, but because we felt it might perhaps be beneficial in future (example: A syrian citizen with say Canadian citizenship has the opportunity to leave the place before they start bombing it in a few days)
Thus, we relocated and set-up a second home, abroad. Groups of NID like this, came with loads of money, qualifications and settled-in immediately. They relocated on their own terms and maintained their standard of living and went on to do better things in Diaspora.
But most importantly, this group never forgot where they came from nor look down on those they left behind!
This group never denigrate or curse their fatherland simply because they now have an "alternative".
This group continuously work for and believe things have got to improve in Nigeria and will do anything to effect change in the country, by offering the knowledge, know-how and experience, when asked for and when needed.

2.) The second group of Nigerians in Diaspora are those that are "A NOBODY" in Nigeria, before they found themselves Abroad.
This group are people who were ab initio, uneducated, poorly or completely "mis-educated" for all intent and purposes! They see going abroad as "the ONLY OPTION" available to them. Their life in Nigeria is horrible, they come from very poor family background, they have become very DESPERATE and are very desperate to go abroad.
People in this group will sell properties, dupe people, commit 419 and do just about anything (like hiding in the tyre carriage compartment of an airplane or stowing-away on a ship or using false identity...) ...to get out of the Nigeria.
This group did not make any conscious choice as per which country they landed, be it Libya, Yemen, Thailand, Ethiopia or even far-flung Australia! grin grin ...they just want to "get out"! shocked

This sort of people never applied themselves properly in Nigeria, to make 'a success' of the little opportunity they have here. They see 'abroad' as the land of milk and honey! When they get abroad, they get a rude shock and eventually become disillusioned, depressed and very very hateful!
These group of people blame Nigeria and Nigerians for all their woes!
grin

They are full of bile because their life have been destroyed by no other person than their own laziness and vision lessness! You can literally feel the "hate and disappointment" oozing from every word/statement they make! Everywhere they go, they look for "Negatives" in Nigeria, just to justify their own failure.

They prefer living all their miserable life, as second-class citizens of their adopted country, a place where their opportunities are limited ....(whether you like it or not, as a Naturalized citizen which they are, as opposed to 'native born', your aspirations have a limit.)... and they have given up and come to accept their lot in life as 'a failure' but cannot stop the pain in their heart and having lost out in the battle of success in life!

This group are so bitter and full of shyte, hate and very caustic that you would at times wonder whether something is eating them-up, from the inside. Their lives are "empty and shallow" even though they try to put up an appearance of "being happy and okay"!
This mo.r.on called Jeniffer kadry belongs to this second group.
She is just a waste of space and it is this type of lunatic that would run down Nigeria and Nigerians, even amongst foreigners, who incidentally just look at her as a form of "comedy and entertainment in bad taste (while she is rolling on the floor trying to make them 'accept her' as one of them, something that would never happen!

I am happy as an NID but l am even happier to associate and maintain my Nigerian roots and blood ...as a NIN.
if you have lived permanently abroad, after living and working at top level in Nigeria, you will no doubt agree with me that "Nigeria still Rocks".
I can understand those who were "born abroad or taken abroad at an early age", they dont know "any difference" in both worlds but only someone who was a failure in Nigeria would not understand what it is "about Nigeria" that sets it apart.

At times, l just imagine what Nigeria would have been, if we can sort out our teething problems? A Paradise!
Since these challenges, especially "Power, Security and Corruption" are not unsolvable, l have hope and l know we can solve these problems.
We just need the "few right people in positions of influence", to lead and direct the larger majority.

For people like Jennifer Kadry, they are confined and condemned to a life of second fiddle, second class, hate, bitterness and perpetual stigmatization since where they are now, is NOT their "Origins" and where their Origin is, they have alienated themselves from.
I will suggest to you (Jennifer Kadry), to ship your parents and extended families to Australia, cut-off all links with Nigeria.
Dont even come to visit or why do shameless hags like you still come to visit a place they hate so much when you can easily remove and relocate your parents/relative to where you feel comfortable?

We dont want you to come here at all less you infect us with some "far-flung disease"! grin grin

Just imagine the Fuggly-Ugly Cow, trying to "look and imitate" a Caucasian Australian? grin grin
In Nigeria, you dont fit-in, In Australia, you are unwanted and barely tolerated!

Simply-put, you are LOST! CONFUSED, HATE-FILLED AND VERY BITTER!
But no be me or NIN cause your problem now? shocked shocked

Take it from me, NID who are successful abroad, who have "conquered abroad" are always very willing to come back HOME, coming home is their next challenge. They've seen it all. wink

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
jennykadry:

I knew it happened In Ghana but one Sauron was busy telling me it happened in Nigeria angry

You are so daft you couldn't even decipher when someone is being sarcastic.

You could get an award for that! Choi!

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

You are so daft you couldn't even decipher when someone is being sarcastic.

You could get an award for that! Choi!

Let me quickly chip in before you give Jenny the fire armour she's been craving. She was also being sarcastic.
There you have it. I don kill the ammunition. wink

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by chucky234(m): 12:10am On Aug 31, 2013
A-town:
@NIDs with dual nationality. Word of advice. Your citizenship can be REVOKED ooo. If you are a naturalized citizen, you can have it revoked so think twice before you condemn and burn your naija passport. Naija won't accept you if your adopted country disowns you oo. You will become stateless and may have to see refuge in NORTH KOREA shocked
lol.....they will head straight to Mars the moment their citizenship is revoked.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 31, 2013
LMAO some frogs wouldn't even know sarcasm if it came and slapped them across the face grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nova01(m): 3:18am On Aug 31, 2013
Upon all dis talk and argument dono d steps u guys have taken to improve the country u guys just stand at the sideline and lambast we fellow nigerians
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by armyofone(m): 5:13am On Aug 31, 2013
There is none because the patriotic niajians love the country as is. Why should everyone one have access to good road, constant power and water etc? Why? The proverbial ostrich as usual.
Please let's continue to pray to oh verjin Maria.

Nova01: Upon all dis talk and argument dono d steps u guys have taken to improve the country u guys just stand at the sideline and lambast we fellow nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by SECURITYWOMAN(f): 11:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
Jeez! Op so full of herself. You are indeed arrogant. Must you insult the whole of Nigerians just to pass across your senseless baseless accusations? What kind of bitter woman are you

To hell with you madam!! To hell with you. That you are in a white man's land doesn't make you better than any of us living in Nigeria. We all know where it ends. Enjoy it madam. Enjoy it while it last!!.

5 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by lastpage: 1:04am On Sep 01, 2013
ono: I await the OPs rebuttal to lastpage's grand entry.

Naah, its actually an "EXIT".

I dont have time to waste on one deluded hag who thinks living abroad is the pinnacle of her success and a license to develop diarrhea of the mouth.

Cheers Bro, Nice day.

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by lastpage: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2013
ono:

By far, the BEST contribution I have read on this thread so far. I will follow you.

This is for you then, enjoy it. wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN4uSo7Vp94

Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers.

Lastpage!
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 01, 2013
SECURITY WOMAN: Jeez! Op so full of herself. You are indeed arrogant. Must you insult the whole of Nigerians just to pass across your senseless baseless accusations? What kind of bitter woman are you

To hell with you madam!! To hell with you. That you are in a white man's land doesn't make you better than any of us living in Nigeria. We all know where it ends. Enjoy it madam. Enjoy it while it last!!.

Thanks for your rants, Ma cheesy
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by shadowhunter15(f): 6:20am On Sep 02, 2013
I actually read all of this out of sheer boredom, and I have to say, what a load of rubbish. To the OP, what makes you so special above Nigerians living in Nigeria? You aren't any better than them, its just by chance and by faith. Instead of verbally abusing and bashing them via the internet. Now, to the Nigerians also bashing each other out of pride and patriotism, you can't say anything about the West unless you've actually lived or visited their yourself. Neither party has any right to talk. You can't deny that the West has major problems and you can't deny that Nigeria doesn't either. I know for a fact that I can't say anything about Nigeria since i've lived in the USA for pretty much all my childhood and haven't gone back once. I am in no position to speak ill about it and I won't anyway.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
grin grin Lmao . . Where was I when all this fun was passing me by eh?

Chei, Jenny I cho gbu go onwe gi na okwu!

Not arguing that many NIN fight with NID out of jealousy, but no doubt that those who do only do that out of ignorance, inferiority complex and illiteracu. Many of the i-better-pass-my-neighbour NID are not helping matters too. People think life is better overseas but every situation can never be the same. For some it may be better but for others it may be worse.

The other day in the family section we were arguing about a man wanting to return to Nigeria with his family because life in obodo oyinbo was no longer bearable. Same way someone else is seeking to travel for 'greener pastures'. Again I say every situation is different so to be jealous of someone cos he's got a foreign address is quite lame!

On the issue of taking our jobs, errrm that's not happening. At least not around me. Had a collegaue who got married and relocated to the UK with her hubby some years back. Got her masters from Nothingham and when her marriage broke up she returned to Nigeria to seek for employment. Of cos like most returnees she thought she had an upper hand cos she's got foreign experince. After carrying her CV aroung govt house and UNIZIK for months, she had to take a PA job that small me with Esut biz sch masters turned down in the past. I still see her everyday and I can tell you that life is not easy for her. She's just like every other hustler trying to make ends meet. The likes of us who worked together with her in the past are waaay ahead of her in terms of professional advancement. She's having to start all over again . . . It's shameful really! After all her iyanga and posing, nothing to show for it.

That I think is what many NID fear. Their real reason for not wanting to come back. I say it over and over again, Nigeria is hard and only the strong can survive. It's sad really bit we've develpped a thick skin. We know no other life and all we can do is to strive to make our country better. That's why I'm in my line of work! cool cool
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by debosky(m): 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ujujoan:
On the issue of taking our jobs, errrm that's not happening. At least not around me. Had a collegaue who got married and relocated to the UK with her hubby some years back. Got her masters from Nothingham and when her marriage broke up she returned to Nigeria to seek for employment. Of cos like most returnees she thought she had an upper hand cos she's got foreign experince. After carrying her CV aroung govt house and UNIZIK for months, she had to take a PA job that small me with Esut biz sch masters turned down in the past. I still see her everyday and I can tell you that life is not easy for her. She's just like every other hustler trying to make ends meet. The likes of us who worked together with her in the past are waaay ahead of her in terms of professional advancement. She's having to start all over again . . . It's shameful really! After all her iyanga and posing, nothing to show for it.

Her marriage broke up and she returned to naija? Does that mean she wasn't working over there? Or why did she have to return here to look for work? If she wasn't working, I don't know what 'foreign experience' she was coming to do yanga with - Nottingham isn't even one of the 'very best' schools sef. cheesy

Your story is incomplete madam. There must have been something else involved - like why did she go to Awka to look for a job, not Lagos or P/H or Abuja?

That I think is what many NID fear. Their real reason for not wanting to come back.

What? They are afraid no one will give them jobs with their 'foreign experience'? Or afraid of starting from scratch? I know it's not an easy thing to do kwa. Ordinary moving from Lagos to Onitsha for me was stressful, not to talk of obodo oyinbo to naija.

I say it over and over again, Nigeria is hard and only the strong can survive. It's sad really bit we've develpped a thick skin. We know no other life and all we can do is to strive to make our country better. That's why I'm in my line of work! cool cool

True talk my sister. Is the babe still unmarried? Ask her to come to Onitsha, I might have some useful work for her at my factory. wink
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lol uju see pot calling kettle black. You are the mistress in trouble making. cheesy

I stand by what I said that if we "Professionals" decide to relocate to Nigeria, all those health professionals in luth and Chevron will give way. I am not being arrogant but truthful here. Why do we have so many foreign expats in Nigeria? Their foreign experience and wealth of knowledge has paved way for them. You think they are no Nigeria trained professional able to do the job? The companies grab them cos they want the best the market is competitive for them and if they can get quality they grab them whilst it's hawt.

You cannot compare the hawtness of a foreign trained and experienced health professional with naija own. A foreign health professional annually goes through professional development,there are so many requirements that must be met every year and the government is happy to pay for you to travel interstate and get it done.If you don't do it you will lose your license.it is easier and cheaper to send an American expat back to his country for professional development and skills update than a Nigeria trained.

Someone I Know was going to undergo a surgery in Nigeria and the method they were going to use was outdated, I kicked against it and the male doctor started giving me a long lecture of how he is a lecturer in one of the unis and has over 17 years experience, I stood by what i said with proof and told him to go ahead and blab but as far as I was concerned that method is outdated and if I had to go to their health council and plead my case I will. The argument got into the ears of the medical director and by the end of the week I was offered a job following regio with their council cool guess what Nigeria at the moment is still practicing that method.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
SECURITY WOMAN: Jeez! Op so full of herself. You are indeed arrogant. Must you insult the whole of Nigerians just to pass across your senseless baseless accusations? What kind of bitter woman are you

I am not denying the fact that I am arrogant so WTF are you on about? wink
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by fizokey(m): 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
lastpage:

Let me say something here, this Eediot does not represent the OPINION of N.I.D. in any way.
She is just one deranged Ashawo without any modicum of dignity.
She is utter crass and if you check properly, you will realize that she's had a traumatized upbringing (according to her previous post here on NL, her father is a drunk, a failure who impregnated her mother when he was just 19yrs old and barely finished secondary school; even mother is another ashawo who brought men home in her husbands presence so they can eat!)
Bottom line, we are who we are by virtue of our upbringing and this Jennifer Kadry has the worst upbringing any ANIMAL can have!
What is the big deal about living in the Diaspora? Why would a sane person keep yapping over this all the days of her life when she actually just got her Aussy papers as late as dec. 2010? Why is this 'Baby Diasporean' so excited? Australia for that matter! grin

I have lived "legally as a citizen" in the Diaspora for over a decade (with wife and kids) and as far as l am concerned, l am still who l am. A properly grounded NIGERIAN ....with a dual citizenship.

There are two types/Groups of Nigerians in Diaspora:

1.) Those who see living in Diaspora as "just one of many opportunities" available to them.
These group of people are already "somebody" before going abroad. They are well educated, have solid jobs, earn fat pay or own their own business and live a relatively comfortable life in Nigeria before going abroad.

These set of people sit down one day and ask themselves: What other thing can l do for my family?
In my own case, l decided that having an "additional, second citizenship" (instead of our yearly long vacation abroad) for everyone, especially my kids, might be just be another notch for them, later in life. Not becaue we hate our country of origin, but because we felt it might perhaps be beneficial in future (example: A syrian citizen with say Canadian citizenship has the opportunity to leave the place before they start bombing it in a few days)
Thus, we relocated and set-up a second home, abroad. Groups of NID like this, came with loads of money, qualifications and settled-in immediately. They relocated on their own terms and maintained their standard of living and went on to do better things in Diaspora.
But most importantly, this group never forgot where they came from nor look down on those they left behind!
This group never denigrate or curse their fatherland simply because they now have an "alternative".
This group continuously work for and believe things have got to improve in Nigeria and will do anything to effect change in the country, by offering the knowledge, know-how and experience, when asked for and when needed.

2.) The second group of Nigerians in Diaspora are those that are "A NOBODY" in Nigeria, before they found themselves Abroad.
This group are people who were ab initio, uneducated, poorly or completely "mis-educated" for all intent and purposes! They see going abroad as "the ONLY OPTION" available to them. Their life in Nigeria is horrible, they come from very poor family background, they have become very DESPERATE and are very desperate to go abroad.
People in this group will sell properties, dupe people, commit 419 and do just about anything (like hiding in the tyre carriage compartment of an airplane or stowing-away on a ship or using false identity...) ...to get out of the Nigeria.
This group did not make any conscious choice as per which country they landed, be it Libya, Yemen, Thailand, Ethiopia or even far-flung Australia! grin grin ...they just want to "get out"! shocked

This sort of people never applied themselves properly in Nigeria, to make 'a success' of the little opportunity they have here. They see 'abroad' as the land of milk and honey! When they get abroad, they get a rude shock and eventually become disillusioned, depressed and very very hateful!
These group of people blame Nigeria and Nigerians for all their woes!
grin

They are full of bile because their life have been destroyed by no other person than their own laziness and vision lessness! You can literally feel the "hate and disappointment" oozing from every word/statement they make! Everywhere they go, they look for "Negatives" in Nigeria, just to justify their own failure.

They prefer living all their miserable life, as second-class citizens of their adopted country, a place where their opportunities are limited ....(whether you like it or not, as a Naturalized citizen which they are, as opposed to 'native born', your aspirations have a limit.)... and they have given up and come to accept their lot in life as 'a failure' but cannot stop the pain in their heart and having lost out in the battle of success in life!

This group are so bitter and full of shyte, hate and very caustic that you would at times wonder whether something is eating them-up, from the inside. Their lives are "empty and shallow" even though they try to put up an appearance of "being happy and okay"!
This mo.r.on called Jeniffer kadry belongs to this second group.
She is just a waste of space and it is this type of lunatic that would run down Nigeria and Nigerians, even amongst foreigners, who incidentally just look at her as a form of "comedy and entertainment in bad taste (while she is rolling on the floor trying to make them 'accept her' as one of them, something that would never happen!

I am happy as an NID but l am even happier to associate and maintain my Nigerian roots and blood ...as a NIN.
if you have lived permanently abroad, after living and working at top level in Nigeria, you will no doubt agree with me that "Nigeria still Rocks".
I can understand those who were "born abroad or taken abroad at an early age", they dont know "any difference" in both worlds but only someone who was a failure in Nigeria would not understand what it is "about Nigeria" that sets it apart.

At times, l just imagine what Nigeria would have been, if we can sort out our teething problems? A Paradise!
Since these challenges, especially "Power, Security and Corruption" are not unsolvable, l have hope and l know we can solve these problems.
We just need the "few right people in positions of influence", to lead and direct the larger majority.

For people like Jennifer Kadry, they are confined and condemned to a life of second fiddle, second class, hate, bitterness and perpetual stigmatization since where they are now, is NOT their "Origins" and where their Origin is, they have alienated themselves from.
I will suggest to you (Jennifer Kadry), to ship your parents and extended families to Australia, cut-off all links with Nigeria.
Dont even come to visit or why do shameless hags like you still come to visit a place they hate so much when you can easily remove and relocate your parents/relative to where you feel comfortable?

We dont want you to come here at all less you infect us with some "far-flung disease"! grin grin

Just imagine the Fuggly-Ugly Cow, trying to "look and imitate" a Caucasian Australian? grin grin
In Nigeria, you dont fit-in, In Australia, you are unwanted and barely tolerated!

Simply-put, you are LOST! CONFUSED, HATE-FILLED AND VERY BITTER!
But no be me or NIN cause your problem now? shocked shocked

Take it from me, NID who are successful abroad, who have "conquered abroad" are always very willing to come back HOME, coming home is their next challenge. They've seen it all. wink

Lastpage!

Spot on write up.

Nairaland is a NIGERIAN forum.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by fizokey(m): 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
God bless NIGERIA, God bless NIGERIANS and God bless www.NAIRALAND.com :A NIGERIAN forum.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
debosky:

Her marriage broke up and she returned to naija? Does that mean she wasn't working over there? Or why did she have to return here to look for work? If she wasn't working, I don't know what 'foreign experience' she was coming to do yanga with - Nottingham isn't even one of the 'very best' schools sef. cheesy

Your story is incomplete madam. There must have been something else involved - like why did she go to Awka to look for a job, not Lagos or P/H or Abuja?

What? They are afraid no one will give them jobs with their 'foreign experience'? Or afraid of starting from scratch? I know it's not an easy thing to do kwa. Ordinary moving from Lagos to Onitsha for me was stressful, not to talk of obodo oyinbo to naija.

True talk my sister. Is the babe still unmarried? Ask her to come to Onitsha, I might have some useful work for her at my factory. wink

Honestly I don't know the full story. But i do know that she spent a few months in Abj searching for a job. Anybody who lives in abj knows how difficult it is to survive without a job. She had to fall back to where she had her initial experience and some family members to squat with.

Except u r saying she cooked up the experience on her CV sha!
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
jennykadry: Lol uju see pot calling kettle black. You are the mistress in trouble making. cheesy

I stand by what I said that if we "Professionals" decide to relocate to Nigeria, all those health professionals in luth and Chevron will give way. I am not being arrogant but truthful here. Why do we have so many foreign expats in Nigeria? Their foreign experience and wealth of knowledge has paved way for them. You think they are no Nigeria trained professional able to do the job? The companies grab them cos they want the best the market is competitive for them and if they can get quality they grab them whilst it's hawt.

You cannot compare the hawtness of a foreign trained and experienced health professional with naija own. A foreign health professional annually goes through professional development,there are so many requirements that must be met every year and the government is happy to pay for you to travel interstate and get it done.If you don't do it you will lose your license.it is easier and cheaper to send an American expat back to his country for professional development and skills update than a Nigeria trained.

Someone I Know was going to undergo a surgery in Nigeria and the method they were going to use was outdated, I kicked against it and the male doctor started giving me a long lecture of how he is a lecturer in one of the unis and has over 17 years experience, I stood by what i said with proof and told him to go ahead and blab but as far as I was concerned that method is outdated and if I had to go to their health council and plead my case I will. The argument got into the ears of the medical director and by the end of the week I was offered a job following regio with their council cool guess what Nigeria at the moment is still practicing that method.

That one na long thing oh. Medicine in Nigeria is still waaaaay behind. But I don't blame the personnel, I blame the facilities!

Even returnees find themselves falling into the same rot the local docs are in cos there's just no room for advancement as far as Medical practice in Nigeria is concerned.

Someone that claims his son in law who is a practicing doc in the USA calls him to ask for tips!

The mind boggles!

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by aariwa(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
why should any sensible person pay attention to this phulish second class citizen of australia OP
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by TMoni1(m): 6:04am On Sep 18, 2013
aariwa: why should any sensible person pay attention to this phulish second class citizen of australia OP

Unfortunately a 3rd class citizen of Australia is "better" than the 1st class citizen of Nigeria.(at least taken care of and treated better)

Everybody attacks the person of Jenny but the salient points of are post lingers undenied. As nigerians, i guess we are so used to talking about everything else but the problem and necessary course of action to fix the problem.

Jenny sure has her was of making her point(which some might find offensive), but i will rather focus on the points she has raised.

I definitely understand her disgust...because i feel that almost everyday(for the love of the fatherland where he should have been if not for mismanagement and peoples orientations).

As for me, its unfortunate that The Nation Nigerian is not even on the part of getting better. Citizens of Egypt, syria and those nations are the ones that are passionate about change but nigerians are constantly insulted by its political leaders everyday and we look on(e.g yerimas case, pardon of alams etc). i honest wish things are going in the right direction, but it doesnt seem it is...

Most Nigerians here are top professionals here and most dont even have the plan of coming back to nigeria(i find this very disheartening tho) just because this aint looking good for them and there childrens future.

Things can change direction only if NID and NIN genuinely work together and face nigerian issues head-on(which i think its leadership and followership orientations). We all need adopt a drastic approach to turn things around from it current course...

God made us citizens of Nigeria (both NIN and NID) for a reason... we need to all stand up and ACT for a Good Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by TMoni1(m): 6:10am On Sep 18, 2013
@Jenny.. you in melbourne?
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
aariwa: why should any sensible person pay attention to this phulish second class citizen of australia OP

This, is your answer cool
|
|
|
|
V

T.Moni:

Unfortunately a 3rd class citizen of Australia is "better" than the 1st class citizen of Nigeria.(at least taken care of and treated better)

Everybody attacks the person of Jenny but the salient points of are post lingers undenied. As nigerians, i guess we are so used to talking about everything else but the problem and necessary course of action to fix the problem.

Jenny sure has her was of making her point(which some might find offensive), but i will rather focus on the points she has raised.

I definitely understand her disgust...because i feel that almost everyday(for the love of the fatherland where he should have been if not for mismanagement and peoples orientations).

As for me, its unfortunate that The Nation Nigerian is not even on the part of getting better. Citizens of Egypt, syria and those nations are the ones that are passionate about change but nigerians are constantly insulted by its political leaders everyday and we look on(e.g yerimas case, pardon of alams etc). i honest wish things are going in the right direction, but it doesnt seem it is...

Most Nigerians here are top professionals here and most dont even have the plan of coming back to nigeria(i find this very disheartening tho) just because this aint looking good for them and there childrens future.

Things can change direction only if NID and NIN genuinely work together and face nigerian issues head-on(which i think its leadership and followership orientations). We all need adopt a drastic approach to turn things around from it current course...

God made us citizens of Nigeria (both NIN and NID) for a reason... we need to all stand up and ACT for a Good Nigeria!

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
T.Moni:
@Jenny.. you in melbourne?

No sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 / Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot / Man Climbs Onto Wing Of Airplane Before Takeoff In Las Vegas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.