Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo (17805 Views)

Herdsmen Killed 18, Poisoned Water Sources, Benue Residents Claim Channels Tv / Herdsmen Killed & Raze Houses In Nasarawa / 13 Fulani Herdsmen Killed In Adamawa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Abagworo(m): 6:29am On Aug 27, 2013
IBADAN — NO feawer than eleven herdsmen have been killed in the last six weeks in some parts of Oke Ogun area of Oyo State.
The towns where the killings allegedly took place, according to the Fulani ethnic community in the state, are Otu, Ikomu, Igbo-Ora, Iwere-Ile, Iganna, Ilaju and Ado-Awaye.
In a petition by the leaders  of Jamu Nati Fulbe Association of Nigeria, Oyo State Chapter, Alhaji Salihu Kadiri and Mallam Muhammed Salihu Kisi, National Chairman and General Secretary ,respectively, the herdsmen called on Governor Abiola Ajimobi to do something urgently to prevent further loss of lives in the areas.
They gave the names of some of those allegedly killed as Sanni Musa, Saidu Abdulahi, Ibraheem Haruna, Umar Babuga, Saliu Rebo and Muhammad Usman.
They said: “Natives, particularly farmers and youths, kill our people at any slight provocation. The common excuses for such brutal killings are that our cattle are fond of destroying their farmlands or  disturbing free flow of vehicular traffic on some major roads.
“In the last few weeks, these persons have invaded many Fulani clans and settlements to commit their crime of serial murder with impunity. This has resulted in the cold-blood murder of at least eleven of our brothers whose families have been left in eternal grief.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/11-herdsmen-killed-in-oyo/
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by VirginFinder: 6:49am On Aug 27, 2013
Stop destroying our farmlands!

We are no cowards!!

14 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by raytony: 6:52am On Aug 27, 2013
While there might not be any justification for this killings, una and una cattles sef no dey try. Una go just dey destroy people farmland dey go. Una no get sense?

8 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by ImHotepX: 7:00am On Aug 27, 2013
It seems the Yoruba's have dropped sophistication for fighting back.

I'm loving this new Yoruba consciousness, let's take it back to the old days.

The Lagos showdown is still the most anticipated to me. I just hope the lousy ones who have promised to stand-their-ground won't go ghost when it's time to fight. undecided

15 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by owolabifunke14(f): 7:03am On Aug 27, 2013
So they complain when they are killed

6 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by funnyx(m): 7:06am On Aug 27, 2013
These fulanis are pest, sorry I have no sympathy.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Caleboha(m): 7:13am On Aug 27, 2013
And we call this yoruba guys cowards I'm impressed! They should however brace themselves for the forthcoming ceaseless bloody fulani reprisals. Your gallantry will thus be duly assessed over a long time! wink

14 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Standing5(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2013
Hmmm . . . Who says Oyo people are cowards. If this had happened elsewhere, certain chestbeating group of people would have prefer to go after the cows.

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by donguutti: 7:16am On Aug 27, 2013
wow,cutting the fula down to size.but now is the time for more vigilance as the named villages have become targets for reprisals.

I just hope it does dovetail into something else considering the bodija market situation.

8 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 27, 2013
hmmhm, so destroying people's farmland is a flimsy excuse, while killing one cattle is not? Well dose vilages suld make sure dey do not sleep again sha!

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 27, 2013
You feed your cattle fat on the sweat, and income(farm) of others; depraving them of their source of livelihood and call it a flimsy excuse?! Well simple logical should tell you those farmers should take back their source of livelihood in those cattle. But since the herdsmen resist they were serve what they bargain for. Use your head!

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Maxymilliano(m): 8:05am On Aug 27, 2013
This one na trouble ooo ...

Unrest In Bodija Market between Hausa and Yoruba Traders, herdsmen getting killed in another part of town, I hope the government wade in on time before it degenerate into full blown crisis ...
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 27, 2013
What goes around
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by holyvirgin: 8:23am On Aug 27, 2013
Farmlands are now valued more than peoples's lives? Hmmmm oyo people should be careful cos a fulani man attaches no value to human lives....
A clear evidence that yoruba's are not accomodating, its either they are deporting or killing innocent citizens. Which way nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by homesteady(m): 8:23am On Aug 27, 2013
I definitely don't feel any pity for them! You can't go round the whole nigeria causing trouble and don't expect trouble to be given back to you! This fulani's are the most wicked and most useless tribe in Nigeria!
They'll go to South west and cause trouble, go to the East and cause trouble, go to the south south and cause trouble and even in their North trouble!!
Enough is Enough for this fulani people!! In Edo state they are now afraid to cause trouble because they know what will happen to them

7 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Torch1(m): 8:36am On Aug 27, 2013
Hmm.. I hope it is not the other way round??
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Tolexander: 8:37am On Aug 27, 2013
Did i read this man saying
'common excuse of their cattle
destroying their crops' !
Let them kill just one of their
cattle and see how they will
react.
What is good for the goose is
good for the gander.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2013
holyvirgin: Farmlands are now valued more than peoples's lives? Hmmmm oyo people should be careful cos a fulani man attaches no value to human lives....
A clear evidence that yoruba's are not accomodating.

Accommodation to you is when others run roughshod over you and destroy your livelihood.
That is foolishness my friend.

30 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Aphrygian(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2013
I tot our eastern brodas use to call us cowards.hmn fulani guys ur days are numbered in southwest

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by MayorofLagos(m): 8:52am On Aug 27, 2013
raytony: While there might not be any justification for this killings, una and una cattles sef no dey try. Una go just dey destroy people farmland dey go. Una no get sense?

When will there be a justification for it?
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by YesBosss(m): 8:57am On Aug 27, 2013
holyvirgin: Farmlands are now valued more than peoples's lives? Hmmmm oyo people should be careful cos a fulani man attaches no value to human lives....
A clear evidence that yoruba's are not accomodating.

When the Fulani destroy our land or kill the yorubas, you call them coward. When they act and retaliate, you say they aint accommodating. Confusion!

17 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 27, 2013
But i thought someone said Yorubas are cowards.....?

Anyways, d showdown for sure is still waiting to explode. THEY AINT STARTED YET.
..FP Things jare OP.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:03am On Aug 27, 2013
Caleboha: And we call this yoruba guys cowards I'm impressed! They should however brace themselves for the forthcoming ceaseless bloody fulani reprisals. Your gallantry will thus be duly assessed over a long time! wink

If it wasnt for Fulani movement crying out would you know that Yoruba youths are taking assaults to Fulani camps, and have done so every week for past six weeks?

When its time for talk, we talk. Time for execution is no time for talk. They have more surprises coming. OPC has a full registry of their movements updated in real time on a gps database. They can no longer kill and escape into oblivion. They exist as data records now and their escape is short lived before they are tracked down and murdered. They were warned, Yorubaland will not tolerate terrorism of any kind, whether from boko or fulani cowherd or hausa trader.

6 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2013
YesBosss:

When the Fulani destroy our land or kill the yorubas, you call them coward. When they act and retaliate, you say they aint accommodating. Confusion!

As in ..OVER-CONFUSION don worry them. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 27, 2013
The fulanis are becoming a pest to everybody in this country..SS, SW, SE you will find dem constituting a nuisance.

let them go back to where dey belong in the north..abi grass no dey there for their cow

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by nerodenero: 9:07am On Aug 27, 2013
This is the time for Oyo State Government to expedite action towards ensuring peaceful resolution of this matter. The Fulanis are hopeless, deadly and wicked. They would attack, attack and attack. Doma and other nearby villages in Nasarrawa State readily comes to mind.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by fitzmayowa: 9:08am On Aug 27, 2013
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2013
Cowards vs Cowherds!

Cowards are determined, through violent assault, to elicit respect from Cowherds on Yoruba soil. When in Yorubaland behave like you got sense!

6 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 27, 2013
nerodenero: This is the time for Oyo State Government to expedite action towards ensuring peaceful resolution of this matter. The Fulanis are hopeless, deadly and wicked. They would attack, attack and attack. Doma and other nearby villages in Nasarrawa State readily comes to mind.

Una too dey fear..if every state (SE,SW,SS) rise up against the behaviours of the fulanis, i can bet u dey will run away.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 27, 2013
They said: “Natives, particularly farmers and youths, kill our people at any slight provocation. The common excuses for such brutal killings are that our cattle are fond of destroying their farmlands or disturbing free flow of vehicular traffic on some major roads.

I have said it time and time again, these Fulanis must evolve from this nomadic pastoral lifetyle - it is incompatible with modern Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Nigerian farmers should start taking proactive steps to forestall loss of their crops to these Fulanis and their cows. I remember a documentary I once watched on the evolution of the modern Texas cattle ranchers. 19th century America had cowboys who roamed the Texas plains, causing untold damage to crops and farmland. This went on unabated until a new, cost-effective way to fence farmland (the barbed-wire) was invented. The barbed wire helped farmers to fence large expanses of farmland around at minimal cost, thereby safeguarding their crops and keeping off the cowboys and their cattle. Only with this restraint were the cowboys forced to evolve, and develop the famous ranch system we know today.

Check out the links below for more details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbed_wire

http://inventors.about.com/od/bstartinventions/a/BarbedWire.htm

http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/barbed-wire/

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/barbwire.htm

So, maybe it's high time Nigerian farmers embraced this cost-effective invention. Help yourselves, if the government won't help you.

4 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by NoContract(m): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2013
Peeps in...

SMH. Another tribal thread.

I'm out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / JUST IN: Buhari Meets Super Eagles / Ohanaeze Cautions Buhari Over Call On US, UK To Proscribe IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.