Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,185 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo (17829 Views)

Herdsmen Killed 18, Poisoned Water Sources, Benue Residents Claim Channels Tv / Herdsmen Killed & Raze Houses In Nasarawa / 13 Fulani Herdsmen Killed In Adamawa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Ayomax(m): 9:13am On Aug 27, 2013
kill them all

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by netbrilliance(m): 9:13am On Aug 27, 2013
R.I.P to the Dead..Say No To Violence
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 27, 2013
Why is no one sympathizing with the Fulanis? Why so much bigotry amongst the Yorubas? Is a farmland of thesame value as human life?
Learn to show more love pls.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:17am On Aug 27, 2013
nerodenero: This is the time for Oyo State Government to expedite action towards ensuring peaceful resolution of this matter. The Fulanis are hopeless, deadly and wicked. They would attack, attack and attack. Doma and other nearby villages in Nasarrawa State readily comes to mind.

They attack those places repeatedly because they are isolated tongues and they are sitting targets for them. What stops all those middle belt communities from ganging up on them when anyone of their communitoes is attacked?

What state do these herders come from and why couldnt their state governments restrain them? Its an error of judgement to place the burden of peacemaking on the state government in which the attack took place.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by XereX: 9:18am On Aug 27, 2013
holyvirgin: Farmlands are now valued more than peoples's lives? Hmmmm oyo people should be careful cos a fulani man attaches no value to human lives....
A clear evidence that yoruba's are not accomodating.

Accommodating? We should continue looking and claiming sophistication while parasites we feed call us cowards, lazy and declare our common heritage a no man's land?

You haven't seen anything yet.

4 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 27, 2013
Pipsland78: Why is no one sympathizing with the Fulanis? Why so much bigotry amongst the Yorubas? Is a farmland of thesame value as human life?

So we should symphatize with those who snuff out lives without guilt conscience ...

i guess u value their cattle more than your life & other's !!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2013
Pipsland78: Why is no one sympathizing with the Fulanis? Why so much bigotry amongst the Yorubas? Is a farmland of thesame value as human life?

Beside their own kind i dont know anyone in Nigeria who would grieve the killing of a cowherd.

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by XereX: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2013

What nonsense is this? Why don't you send followers to Boko Haram congratulating them on the scores of ibos they've murdered so far?

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Billygee2u: 9:22am On Aug 27, 2013
raytony: While there might not be any justification for this killings, una and una cattles sef no dey try. Una go just dey destroy people farmland dey go. Una no get sense?

They like to use their own to destroy others own,very bad, cattle owners.

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 27, 2013
XereX:

What nonsense is this? Why don't you send followers to Boko Haram congratulating them on the scores of ibos they've murdered so far?

Abi ooo.
U too talk am. undecided

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Okijajuju1(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2013
WOW!!

This news can affect the Price of Suya, Shaki, Kpomo, liver, cow leg, cow tail and all other cow related spareparts..

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 27, 2013
homesteady: I definitely don't feel any pity for them! You can't go round the whole nigeria causing trouble and don't expect trouble to be given back to you! This fulani's are the most wicked and most useless tribe in Nigeria!
They'll go to South west and cause trouble, go to the East and cause trouble, go to the south south and cause trouble and even in there North trouble!!
Enough is Enough for this fulani people!! In Edo state they are now afraid to cause trouble because they know what will happen to them
lolllzz dem dey fear cos benin no dey carry last..
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by ugoezeik(m): 9:25am On Aug 27, 2013
holyvirgin: Farmlands are now valued more than peoples's lives? Hmmmm oyo people should be careful cos a fulani man attaches no value to human lives....
A clear evidence that yoruba's are not accomodating, its either they are deporting or killing innocent citizen. Which way nigeria?
U̶̲̥̅̊ r such a coward by saying yorubas r not according, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ until d herdsmen deprives dem of their means of lively hood finish dats wen U̶̲̥̅̊ wil kn̩̥✽̤̥̣̣̣̣w dat their r according abi?

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by ak4God(m): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2013

I thought u said Yorubas re coward and Oyo State is no man"s land as well as Lagos?I laugh in Swahili!!Never take an accommodating tribe for granted because of there hospitality.

6 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 27, 2013
Let the show-down begin! I forsee fulani herdsmen bringing in mercenaries from various parts of the north for reprisal attacks. It is then we will know if this act from the yorubas is nothing but "initial gara-gara" which i think it is! grin

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by aryzgreat: 9:28am On Aug 27, 2013
While I condemn fulani marauders for their unrepentant and constant destruction of farmland, I will advice d oyo community to beef up security bc they just murdered sleep. Fulani counter attack myt be deadly and unexpectd.

Sai 1 Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Btruth: 9:29am On Aug 27, 2013
My advice to the Fulani tribes in the Yoruba locality is to heed to all their do's & don't s sign. Yoruba are very accommodating tribes, ready to protect visitors & strangers among them. But what they detect most is playing on their intelligent, or taking them for a ride.

No tribe, I repeat..., no tribe in Nigeria is so accommodating like the Yoruba. But, we accommodate people who will respect & honour our culture & laws accordingly. Never take the silence of the Yoruba for a fool. A word is enough........

11 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2013
A clear evidence that yoruba's are not accomodating.

Thats the myth they perpetrate and use psychologically to defeat the will of their opponents. Fulani is just as fearful of dying as any man. When faced with terror Fulani will pick race. Their opponents believing Fulani is more deadlier therefore fights him half-heartedly, not confident in his own ability to bring fulani to his knees and make him beg for mercy. Many of us who have this phobia need to witness the mutilation of a fulani so our fear of his immortality can be erased.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by oduaboy1: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2013
Are u okay at all why should we sympathise with animals who have no value for for human life people who even love their cow than their own selves,reaping where they did not sow,destroying people's hardwork and sweat.Infact they should be wiped out from the surface of the earth rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by EasternLeopard: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2013
[quote author=odua boy]Isnt it ironic that these same fulanis have been killing Igbos with reckless abandon without any fear of retaliation,same people who have been labelling yorubas coward.Now who is the real coward lmao.[/color] Village boy, Igbos dont announce theirs.

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 27, 2013
lawanson44: Let the show-down begin! I forsee fulani herdsmen bringing in mercenaries from various parts of the north for reprisal attacks. It is then we will know if this act from the yorubas is nothing but "initial gara-gara" which i think it is! grin

i know say u go tag am "initial gragra" .

In 1967, na "initial gragra"
In 1993, na "mid-way gragra"

..Abeg when will u now tag us our "final gragra" ?

.....Pls leave Us to be Gragra-ing our enemies jare !!! grin grin

7 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by oluamid(m): 9:35am On Aug 27, 2013
Don't let tribalism lead you to bad judgement. Killing people indiscriminately should not be seen as an act of bravery. There are better ways to resolve issues other than resorting to violence.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by aryzgreat: 9:36am On Aug 27, 2013
ak4God:

I thought u said Yorubas re coward and Oyo State is no man"s land as well as Lagos?I laugh in Swahili!!Never take an accommodating tribe for granted because of there hospitality.

Its too early to chset beat egbon, just dis morning about 18 lives wia wasted by di fulani wild animals in benue. Don't claim bravery yet. Fulani don't value life so d best option is to follow them wit caution. This does not give u d ryt to claim superior yet until u repel dia counter and keep them at bay then we can clap 4 u. U tuk them by supise so expect dia counter atack.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2013
Dnt be shocked if u later discovered the above stated fulani names are just names given to their cattles......mao

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2013
They should go to the North with all their Yeye cattle and stay there. Abi does grass only grow in the South and Eastern part of Nigeria? There have been reported cases of rape and unnecessary killings in villages in the East by this same Herdsmen and when the Yoruba decide to react, suddenly they cry wolf! Nigeria is for us all but by Jove, who do they think there are to graze their malnourished animals along our lands, kill, rob and maim and think there wont be repercussions?

4 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by funshint(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

They attack those places repeatedly because they are isolated tongues and they are sitting targets for them. What stops all those middle belt communities from ganging up on them when anyone of their communitoes is attacked?

What state do these herders come from and why couldnt their state governments restrain them? Its an error of judgement to place the burden of peacemaking on the state government in which the attack took place.
U̶̲̥̅̊ better don't mind those Middle Belt people. Hausa/fulanis have taken them for complete mumu especially in Plateau state. Their over-reliance on security agents is their downfall over their. They better wise-up and form themselves into a strong unified militia group like OPC b4 fulanis wipe U̶̲̥̅̊ off totally. OPC always on time...no time for nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by EasternLeopard: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2013
[quote author=lawanson44]Let the show-down begin! I forsee fulani herdsmen bringing in mercenaries from various parts of the north for reprisal attacks.[color=#006600][/color] Fulanis know the consequences of doing what they do in d MB. So they wont repeat such madness down south.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by PastorKun(m): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2013
Even though the Fulani cattle rearers are known for attacking and killing people in various communities all over the country, this babaric act of killing Fulanis unprovoked(if the report is true) should never be encouraged. We are a civilised people and we should not let hate to drive us. What happens if these fulani cattle rearers organise themselves and carry out reprisal attacks? Two wrongs can never make a right, what is wrong is wrong.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by ALTRUTH(m): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2013
I support d yorubas on dis one bt I advise dem to ensure 24hrs vigilance especially at nights.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by ALTRUTH(m): 9:49am On Aug 27, 2013
Southerners shld know dat d fulani invaders are d real enemies, dey love trouble so mch nd never tired of drinking innocent blood.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by eagleeye2: 9:49am On Aug 27, 2013
onye choro ikpu okpu, oweta isi.
onye weta isi ya, e kpu we ya okpu.
NB
I hope say my yoruba brothers go buy this market wey dem don price.

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by petrov10: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2013
They usually come at night , with thier ak47 rifles....They shoot at sight.They burn houses, and they leave....I expect the named communities to rally round, look for vigilantee groups.,to keep watch..These fulani people are blood thirsty o......All these media warriors i see here ,may not be thier when the come.............At 9ite

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Presidency Releases Looted Funds To APC Candidates – PDP / PDP In DASS, Others Disown Dogara, Condemn Defection / Governor Wike Dissolves Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.