Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo (17828 Views)

Herdsmen Killed 18, Poisoned Water Sources, Benue Residents Claim Channels Tv / Herdsmen Killed & Raze Houses In Nasarawa / 13 Fulani Herdsmen Killed In Adamawa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2013
eagle,eye:
onye choro ikpu okpu, oweta isi.
onye weta isi ya, e kpu we ya okpu.
NB
I hope say my yoruba brothers go buy this market wey dem don price.

We don buy am MANY times, in 1993 & including last week in BODIJA. grin

5 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by EasternLeopard: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2013
@SOUTHERNERS Fulanis cant wipe out Southern villages the way they do in the Middle belt, because they know it will lead to a war they will lose because, the war resources[oil & ports] needed to win is within the Southern........FACT
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by eagleeye2: 10:00am On Aug 27, 2013
EasternLeopard: @SOUTHERNERS Fulanis cant wipe out Southern villages the way they do in the Middle belt, because they know it will lead to a war they will lose because, the war resources[oil & ports] needed to win is within the Southern........FACT
The Southerners are brewing for war amongst themselves..... the South is not in unity..... so if there is a war between the fulanis and any part of the South..... it will be "to your tent oh Isreal"
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Damon03(m): 10:02am On Aug 27, 2013
This isn't jos, why should anyone be scared of a damn fulani. If they're that tough why did they go report to the authorities??
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Jakumo(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2013
The Fulani nation straddles international borders accross sub-Saharan Africa, but those cattle-rearing nomadic wanderers are all unified by language and culture. Known historically as a warrior tribe of great tenacity, bravery and ferocity, the Fulani took to military life as Nigerian soldiers, like ducks to water. To this day, much of Nigeia's top military brass comprises men of Hausa-Fulani descent, whose allegiance to tribal stock, and to the Islamic faith, easily supercede their sworn oaths to serve the Nigerian military establishment.

In other words, any organized killings of Fulani tribesmen, such as this recent ethnic cleansing of Fulani cattle herders in Oyo State, Nigeria, could before long lead to a disproportionate retaliation by invading Fulani gangs who have been covertly ARMED with infantry weapons, by upper echelon Fulani members of the Nigerian military.

The recent clashes between southern Christian Yoruba and northen Muslim Hausa beans traders in Ibadan, Oyo State, took place shortly before this latest killing of Fulani cattle herdsmen, so it is imperative that state and federal authorities act urgently to secure the area from a possible escalation in violent reprisals launched from either side of the conflict in Oyo State.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2013
Most of the people on this thread are not being reasonable. When did murder become bravery
Some people on this thread are mentioning how they're "proving" that they're not cowards.. SMH!
Everyone knows that the Fulani people are becoming unbearable but for me murder = cowardice.
Their farmlands were being destroyed and the only way they thought to retaliate was by taking human lives? undecided and people on Nairaland are celebrating.
If you guys were living where this thing happened you won't be talking like this.
The massacre of Yoruba people could start at anytime. Those people will have to sleep with one eye open from now on.
They can live in peace anymore. There's nothing about this thread to be happy about..

The state and federal governments need to do something about the situation so that people will not have to live in fear of being massacred and there wouldn't be any more retaliations.

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by EasternLeopard: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2013
Fulanis know dat d Middle Belt threw away their Southern ally[Owners of oil and ports essential 4 victory] years ago when they deceived them in2 supporting d One North fallacy. This mistake by d MB manifestated during d Orkar coup when d Southerners did not join Orkar's coup.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by MusicCafe: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2013
Jakumo: The Fulani nation straddles international borders accross sub-Saharan Africa, but those cattle-rearing nomadic wanderers are all unified by language and culture. Known historically as a warrior tribe of great tenacity, bravery and ferocity, the Fulani took to military life as Nigerian soldiers, like ducks to water. To this day, much of Nigeia's top military brass comprises men of Hausa-Fulani descent, whose allegiance to tribal stock, and to the Islamic faith, easily supercede their sworn oaths to serve the Nigerian military establishment.

In other words, any organized killings of Fulani tribesmen, such as this recent ethnic cleansing of Fulani cattle herders in Oyo State, Nigeria, could before long lead to a disproportionate retaliation by invading Fulani gangs who have been covertly ARMED with infantry weapons, by upper echelon Fulani members of the Nigerian military.

The recent clashes between southern Christian Yoruba and northen Muslim Hausa beans traders in Ibadan, Oyo State, took place shortly before this latest killing of Fulani cattle herdsmen, so it is imperative that state and federal authorities act urgently to secure the area from a possible escalation in violent reprisals launched from either side of the conflict in Oyo State.
Nobody has monopoly of violence...if the Fulanis want to bring trouble, let them go ahead. People in Oke Ogun area of Oyo State have had enough. The Fulani atrocities around that area has been going on for as far back as I can remember. Did the farmers just wake up one day and decided to go on killing spree? These fulanis graze on people's land, rob commuters on the highway, rape women and so many others.

Did you just say, it was Christian Yorubas that clashed with Hausas in Bodija Market? Where did you get that information? Why are you spreading falsehood deliberately? Fulanis will launch reprisal attack? Is this 19th Century? If the Jihadist think they can do a repeat of Ilorin, they better think well. No Yoruba man will take it lying down.

If you want to be impartial, do be impartial but don't go around over-hyping these savages.

6 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by BlackHuman(m): 10:13am On Aug 27, 2013
Fi mi le baby fi mi le, fi mi le baby fi mi le....Omo Yoruba ni mi o. SWAGGER! cool

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by tintingz(m): 10:13am On Aug 27, 2013
Ayomax: kill them all
I'm yoruba and you as well, I don't support this, very wrong...we yorubas are not bloodsuckers.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by BlackHuman(m): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2013
Fi mi le baby fi mi le, fi mi le baby fi mi le....Omo Yoruba ni mi o. SWAGGER! cool
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by sarutobie(m): 10:15am On Aug 27, 2013
lawanson44: Let the show-down begin! I forsee fulani herdsmen bringing in mercenaries from various parts of the north for reprisal attacks. It is then we will know if this act from the yorubas is nothing but "initial gara-gara" which i think it is! grin
Una no wan get sense? So you are eagerly anticipating a bloodfest between fulani and yoruba? You guys make me sick!
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Chrixtopha(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
When they were pleading with the government to tell you fulani's to allow their farms be, you thought they are playing.... This is just the begining.... Igbo's never remember u fulani's that destroys their farm lands with your cattle... It will be genocide

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by MusicCafe: 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
N_girl: Most of the people on this thread are not being reasonable. When did murder become bravery
Some people on this thread are mentioning how they're "proving" that they're not cowards.. SMH!
Everyone knows that the Fulani people are becoming unbearable but for me murder = cowardice.
Their farmlands were being destroyed and the only way they thought to retaliate was by taking human lives? undecided and people on Nairaland are celebrating.
If you guys were living where this thing happened you won't be talking like this.
The massacre of Yoruba people could start at anytime. Those people will have to sleep with one eye open from now on.
They can live in peace any more. There's nothing about this thread to be happy about..

The state and federal governments need to do something about the situation so that people will not have to live in fear of being massacred and there wouldn't be any more retaliations.

There is nothing condemnable about this thread, it is the truth of our existence starring us in the face, and we need to confront it.

As much as murder is condemnable, the Fulanis can not go around maiming and killing and expect to go around the land unperturbed- violence is a two-traffic . BTW I am from that part of the country and I know the atrocities these savages have committed. They have wiped out many villages around Itesiwaju Local Govt, Iseyin Local Govt, Atisbo LG and so man yother local governments in oyo State. They killed farmers that tried to prevent them from grazing on their farms. They rape women and rob people. These things happen a lot that the people had to raise vigilantes.

I can't even start giving the list of evils committed by these bororo/fulanis.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by oduaboy1: 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
[quote author=EasternLeopard][/quote]silly excuse lmao
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by EasternLeopard: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2013
Fulani elites will do everything to keep Nigeria one in order to have unrestricted access to Southern oil and ports. So any plan destruction of Southern villages will lead to Southern unity followed by war..........FACT

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2013
Black Human: Fi mi le baby fi mi le, fi mi le baby fi mi le....Omo Yoruba ni mi o. SWAGGER! cool

Wrong thread!!!

OYA, Ita.! Ere tete n tagbe! Out! angry

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by 1oracle(m): 10:19am On Aug 27, 2013
One Nigeria
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 27, 2013
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by ALTRUTH(m): 10:25am On Aug 27, 2013
While I dont support killing innocent ppl bt I must say dat it is getting too mch for d fulanis. D day d South will bounce on u Rwanda will b a child's play.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2013
holyvirgin: Farmlands are now valued more than peoples's lives? Hmmmm oyo people should be careful cos a fulani man attaches no value to human lives....
A clear evidence that yoruba's are not accomodating, its either they are deporting or killing innocent citizens. Which way nigeria?
Shut the crap! You know those Nomadic barbarians are worse than wild animals yet you re playing tribal card! Call a spade a spade. The problem is not SW Alone. The herdsmen are a curse on any land!

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by EasternLeopard: 10:26am On Aug 27, 2013
ODUA BOY= VILLAGE BOY What do u know about War and Politics. List the states outside SW where u have spent at least one month interracting with the locals. Olodo rabata oju eja lo mo je shi neku

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 27, 2013
N_girl: Most of the people on this thread are not being reasonable. When did murder become bravery
They can live in peace anymore. There's nothing about this thread to be happy about..

So ur ibo brothers in the North have a peace of mind there, right?

Babe, pls talk somethin' audible, not those Mumbo-Jumbo above!!!
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by MayorofLagos(m): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2013
Jakumo: The Fulani nation straddles international borders accross sub-Saharan Africa, but those cattle-rearing nomadic wanderers are all unified by language and culture. Known historically as a warrior tribe of great tenacity, bravery and ferocity, the Fulani took to military life as Nigerian soldiers, like ducks to water. To this day, much of Nigeia's top military brass comprises men of Hausa-Fulani descent, whose allegiance to tribal stock, and to the Islamic faith, easily supercede their sworn oaths to serve the Nigerian military establishment.

In other words, any organized killings of Fulani tribesmen, such as this recent ethnic cleansing of Fulani cattle herders in Oyo State, Nigeria, could before long lead to a disproportionate retaliation by invading Fulani gangs who have been covertly ARMED with infantry weapons, by upper achelon Fulani members of the Nigerian military.

You have a morbid fear of fulani. Nobody cares how wide they are spread in Africa. Their spread now is no different than it was in 1830s and we successfully dislodged them and they fled across the niger.

The army is different than what it was, Obasanjo made many changes. Right now the Joint Chief of Armed Services is Yoruba, plus Kaduna is under the command of Yoruba. I dont see fulani using its army strength to harm Yoruba without a total calamity befalling a number of their emirates. Drop your phobic fear of fulani.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 27, 2013
While I commend this action by my Oyo people, I advise them to always be at alert because the Fulani's will def. come back stronger and it will not be fun for the Yorubas/Oyos.
Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by EasternLeopard: 10:32am On Aug 27, 2013
Retaliation which is not good is one of the language the fulanis understand.

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2013
NoContract: Peeps in...

SMH. Another tribal thread.

I'm out.

what should we expect? You are a coward supporting your cowherd fulani.

When the fulanis were killing your brothers senselessly, you didn't cry for tribal tagging but was yelling to God and Government to save you. Now the people had change their destiny with their own hand....they had retaliated and proved they aint coward like you.

Go and tell your animal in human skin cowhead fulanis not to dare yoruba........

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by oduaboy1: 10:40am On Aug 27, 2013
EasternLeopard: ODUA BOY= VILLAGE BOY What do u know about War and Politics. List the states outside SW where u have spent at least one month interracting with the locals. Olodo rabata oju eja lo mo je shi neku
When i said many ibos have an iQ equal to that of a toad,i wasn't wrong.How does this correlate with the subject of disscussion eastern coward

1 Like

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by hot937(f): 10:41am On Aug 27, 2013
eagle,eye:
onye choro ikpu okpu, oweta isi.
onye weta isi ya, e kpu we ya okpu.
NB
I hope say my yoruba brothers go buy this market wey dem don price.

See Coward; Gambari comes to the East kills your ppl, destroy your farms, molest your women but you don't do anything because YOU NO WAN PRICE MARKET!!!! Ibos are the greatest cowards in Nigeria.

They can't fight with their hands only with their mouth.Every tribe has militant organizations that shed blood, OPC, MEND,BH brave self deterministic groups fighting for their own ppl. But d Ibos MASSOB chief activity is collecting tax on traders - to fight and protect their people is not their own work na to obtain Ibo traders dem sabi plus waving Biafra flags around.

Ojukwu ran away leaving his ppl to die enmasse they still welcomed him back with d most beautiful girl around. Useless cowardly people.

9 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Jakumo(m): 10:41am On Aug 27, 2013
MusicCafe: Nobody has monopoly of violence...if the Fulanis want to bring trouble, let them go ahead. People in Oke Ogun area of Oyo State have had enough. The Fulani atrocities around that area has been going on for as far back as I can remember. Did the farmers just wake up one day and decided to go on killing spree? These fulanis graze on people's land, rob commuters on the highway, rape women and so many others.

Did you just say, it was Christian Yorubas that clashed with Hausas in Bodija Market? Where did you get that information? Why are you spreading falsehood deliberately? Fulanis will launch reprisal attack? Is this 19th Century? If the Jihadist think they can do a repeat of Ilorin, they better think well. No Yoruba man will take it lying down.

If you want to be impartial, do be impartial but don't go around over-hyping these savages.

Apologies for generalizing about the religious faith of Ibadan's Yoruba traders, MusicCafe. A more accurate description would have been to say that Yorubas of various faiths were clashing with exclusively Islamic Hausa Fulanis, over grazing and trading differences.

The sooner southern Nigeria's population weans itself off the beef derived from those vast cattle herds that are walked down from the north by Fulani herdsmen, the earlier this archaic era of "nomadic" cattle grazing can be consigned to the history books where it belongs.

Without elaboration, it might interest Nairaland writers who farm in the tropics to learn that there has long existed a cash-crop ideally suited to the climate of West Africa, whose harvest by weight contains TRIPLE the concentration of the essential proteins found in beef, along with abundant key vitamins and minerals. Square miles of this crop, culivated throughout sub-Saharan Africa, would eliminate 80% of the demand for beef and fish in the entire geographical zone, rendering the Fulani, their farm-ravaging cattle, and their war-mongering ways, commercially irrelevant.

Google is your friend ha ha ha.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by Samunique(m): 10:42am On Aug 27, 2013
In as much as i condem d killings strongly! I think fulanis shld also learn how 2 respect their hosts. These people are trespassers, they wiil never abide by d rule of d land and are exstremly violent. Go to Owweri and learn how fulanis dealt with and slaughtered their hosting community just bcs they stopped them from distroying their farm lands. So the yorubas i know can not go this far except they were push to d wall. Meanwhile Govt also must reorientate these people from their animalistic orientation so that they will no more deal with people d same way they deal with their cows.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo by tawa89(f): 10:42am On Aug 27, 2013
ImHotep-X:
It seems the Yoruba's have dropped sophistication for fighting back.

I'm loving this new Yoruba consciousness, let's take it back to the old days.

The Lagos showdown is still the most anticipated to me. I just hope the lousy ones who have promised to stand-their-ground won't go ghost when it's time to fight. undecided
you stay in Peckingham while you keep fuelling ethnic cleansing in Nigeria... When the Hausa-Fulani retaliates you wont come down to Nigeria to help fight them. You have never been to Nigeria yet all you do all day is to preach hate and pitch brothers against each other, if you are so thirsty for war, why don't you get into the British Army and get posted to Afghan? You are just a Lily livered coward that stays on the internet 24/7 urging Nigerians to kill themselves while you stay put in UK.
I think Nigerians in Diaspora are becoming cancerous. They stay in their Air-conditioned apartments in US and UK with their super fast internet and preach tribal hating and ethnic cleansing and none of them is planning to come back and fight the war!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria To Set Up “Council To Regulate The Use Of Social Media” In The Country / Atiku Abubakar Plans To Fight Corruption - PDP Reveals / PDP In DASS, Others Disown Dogara, Condemn Defection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.