Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert (39707 Views)

8 Signs You're His Side Chick But Not His Girlfriend / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy And Introvert Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by SimplyAlfy: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2013
chronique: Well,in my case,I was more of an extrovert when I was much younger but as I grew older,I became an introvert and I like it that way. Nobody comes to my house to visit anyhow and if you must see me,you must call to say you're coming. You can be at my gate and knock all day and I won't answer you if I'm not expecting you. When you're tired,you'd go to your house. I hardly visit people and I love having my space. Moreover,I love being indoors and it hardly bores me. So long as I have internet access 24/7,I'm ok. I'd just spend my time reading stuffs online.
@chronique We re 'SO' kinda alike with the transition in personality, except not that rigid with the visit thing cruel if the visitor came from far: time,energy n money it would be unfair u dont even have to call(but do for u own good o) other than that i could be resting on the door or staring at my phone and If i dont wanna be disturbed.... But im a janus so i switch naturally though.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 01, 2013
Corona99: oops, xuch a boring life style....av always knwn daht i cnt mingle wid introverts cos dey view d world upside dwn.
kangaroo,y then did u hoppin?
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by samseen02(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2013
As u can see I don't even knw wot to comment abt bcoz of my introvert personality
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 01, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] most of these is true about me. I make friends quite easily but I never keep in touch.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 01, 2013
Meklex: I just asked my parents, My mum said I'm introverted, my dad said he doesn't have money for inverter,
LMAOO. .
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by paulasweet: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2013
ty osho: very true especially no 8.that i relate to very well.the only two that dont apply to me are 9 and 10.My next door neighbour whos a good friend got married this past saturday and i didnt go.I dont feel bad about not going either

Ur case serious
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by t12tosin: 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
cool
i'm proud to be one, n i'm my own consultant
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by playahP(m): 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
Introverts are just people that are too lazy to make d extra effort towards coNnectin with others!

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Ifedikaycee(m): 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
y-fo:

someone's been reading "why you act the way u do?" wink
....lolz Boss...i've read d book shaaa n it was worth d tym,buh seriously my case jst confuses ppl atimes!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by lawizle(m): 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
Booty butt chic: OMG....am a fuckin introvert....about calls i avoid freinds who call me everyday like crezly,,....dont chat wif me pls if u dont want ur reply after a month.... grin

Yur Very funny..283c6f4e..pls add me up..
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Christmasdon(m): 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
Introverts are much associated with suffering from Schizophrenia{mental disorder}
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
johnbush: guys, you ever notice how extroverts tell you the same gist over and over again plus they act like it's the first time each time? That crap just bores me silly!!!
Ahhhh! Tell me about me. My boss can tell you the same story ten times over. But the interesting thing is that each version is different from the last.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Bulldog(m): 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
no temperament is better than the other. So those thinking extroverts are better, think again. And another thing, no one is 100percent introverted or extroverted. It's a mix
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by francis247(m): 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
Atk 01: This is really true. As an introvert, I've been accused of being arrogant a lot embarassed , and anytime i hear that, i just smile to myself.
Just like me.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by francis247(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lordmiracle: wat a dumb qst, ask google!
Heard of "rhetorical question" before?
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Oloriatoke(f): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
guilty as charged....
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by MuyiGL: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lordmiracle: Sorry am not am me, am who Gods says i am bought with a price, Gods own purchase person, born again filled with the holy spirit! Wow!

Oh shut up with the ignorance. There's nothing wrong with being an introvert
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by dasparrow: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
chronique: Well,in my case,I was more of an extrovert when I was much younger but as I grew older,I became an introvert and I like it that way. Nobody comes to my house to visit anyhow and if you must see me,you must call to say you're coming. You can be at my gate and knock all day and I won't answer you if I'm not expecting you. When you're tired,you'd go to your house. I hardly visit people and I love having my space. Moreover,I love being indoors and it hardly bores me. So long as I have internet access 24/7,I'm ok. I'd just spend my time reading stuffs online.

You just described me except that I have been an introvert since childhood.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by dasparrow: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
Christmasdon: Introverts are much associated with suffering from Schizophrenia{mental disorder}

You should know.....
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by haibe(m): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
ganase2:

8. You've been accused severally of not keeping in touch
The funny part is that you cannot fathom why someone who called you three days back would call you and say something like; "You have forgotten me abi..."and you're like, "Are we supposed to be talking everyday"?....you also do not like midnight, except its utterly the last resort. For you, it's too much time to waste on "nonsense talk".
You screen all your calls and you may not pick up your phone even from people you like only to call them back as soon as you’re mentally prepared and have gathered the energy for the conversation

hahaha hahaha hahaha hahahaha hahaha hahahaha! !!!!!

Maybe am an introvert.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by MrMann1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
I'm an introvert, I'm not shy about it, yet I like being a one man soldier, for me to see life, read, think and meditate. I love my friends and love to hang out with them. Yes most of my friends made me, but na me woo my girl. Nice post @OP.

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by femi9naija(m): 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
I'm 100% guilty of these 10 points. I think upbringing can be part of d cause of being introverted. I'm 1 of those "get back inside & start reading ur books". I kinda got used to it. 1 funny thing is 80% of my friends through university were extroverts. They tried changing me but were not successful. They used to say in terms of friendship, I'm their best, but long as distance seperates us; 'poof' I don 4get them. When ppl get used to me, they go like "I never knw u can talk". I used to think I wasn't normal, infact, I thought about seeing a psychologist. I once dated a chic who wasn't comfortable wid my nature, I had to let her go cos if she truly loves me, then she should love the nature too; may be try to help me strike a balance btw d 2 -troverts. The most painful thing about being introverted is that ppl see u as snobbish, arrogant & proud. Mainly cos of that, I've been pushing myself real hard to balance d 2 parts.
Seeing the comments from introverts alike on this post who r proud about themselves, I'm motivated that I'm NORMAL.
** I had to proof read this post to be doubly sure I'm making sense.
Introversion is a gift Jare.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
People stereotypically or odawise think introverts are dullards and extroverts brainiacs. It's mostly the opposite!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by nneh1(f): 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
this is the kind of life I'm living as a girl but everyone is telling me it is not good. No friends
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
ganase2: In this age and time, being an introvert does not seem to be what anyone easily admits to....readily, everyone is trying to prove they have the requisite social skills of an extrovert.

Between, here are funny but real reasons why you just might be an introvert...do read on!

1. You think before you talk and check before you chat
Sort of the right thing to do huh?...You have a consistently running internal monologue that screens every word before it drops from your mouth. Not a fast speaker there...You screen your chats too severally, before you send them...lol.

2. You go to parties -– but not to meet people.
Nooo...you may not necessarily be hanging out alone...but meeting new people is rarely the goal of attending a party. You simply get in your safe harbour- looking out for your friends and hanging out with them.

3. Great speaker, fearful mingler
You may not be shy...infact, you can give a great speech in front of 500 people but mingling with them one-on-one afterwards is a huge problem.

4. You hate idle chatter
You can be in a room with room mates with them discussing on a topic without necessarily making a contribution...you hate small talk not because you hate people but because they seem meaningless to you.

5. You are self conscious
Since you are not doing most of the talking, you are doing most of the observing and hence, assume that everyone is observing you in the same way...judging the way you speak, your accent etc....whereas, they might not necessarily be doing so,

6. You like extreme sitting positions
When you have to sit at a bench, you don't sit in the middle because you don't like being surrounded by people on all sides. In church, you prefer the extreme rows of seats to the middle ones.

7. You dread audience participation
You prefer a talk or a lecture to a discussion or interaction. If you must be involved in the latter, you must have been informed earlier so that you can "compose yourself".

8. You've been accused severally of not keeping in touch
The funny part is that you cannot fathom why someone who called you three days back would call you and say something like; "You have forgotten me abi..."and you're like, "Are we supposed to be talking everyday"?....you also do not like midnight, except its utterly the last resort. For you, it's too much time to waste on "nonsense talk".
You screen all your calls and you may not pick up your phone even from people you like only to call them back as soon as you’re mentally prepared and have gathered the energy for the conversation.

9. You're a Writer
...a good one at that. Or sometimes, a poet. You prefer to put your ideas in writing than to speak them because the former gives you the opportunity to perfectly choose your words and structure your thoughts.

10. Friends made you and not the other way round
Check out the list of your closest and distant friends and you'd realize that they made more efforts at being your friend than you did at the initial stage before you settled into the friendship.

If you can boast of some of these qualities, then check again...against your initial judgement, you just might be an introvert!

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/funny-introvert-signs.html

twitter @tutubranch
I admit, i'm an Introvert.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by PHEMMY18(m): 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
I love my life and no one can change me. introvert is not a disease but a life style
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by PHEMMY18(m): 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
I love my life and no one can change me. I love my life and no one can change me. I love my life and no one can change me.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Bimpss(f): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
nneh1: this is the kind of life I'm living as a girl but everyone is telling me it is not good. No friends
Don't listen to them, there is nothing wrong with being an Introvert. Don't change yourself because some people don't like it. In most cases people tend not to like things they don't understand. Be yourself and be proud of it!! Heck the most successful people in the world are introverts, there's got to be something good about it then.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by chronique(m): 12:06am On Sep 02, 2013
What seems boring to you aint so to others. I personally dislike lousy people and charlatans who're always all over the place talking,shouting and disturbing the peace all in the name of having fun. People who scream from afar to greet someone else in public,don't cut it near me. We do not view the world upside down;we just don't flow with noisy/lousy folks. Especially the ill mannered ones. Tell me,what would make a person just dress up and show up in someone else's house without informing them that they're coming? Did they build the house together? Courtesy should make you ask if it's ok for you to come around. It doesn't sound right to me though.
Corona99: oops, xuch a boring life style....av always knwn daht i cnt mingle wid introverts cos dey view d world upside dwn.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by chronique(m): 12:16am On Sep 02, 2013
Well,I don't think I have that as a problem. I'm not usually afraid to ask for what I want. When I go out to do biz,most times,I request audience with the real pple in charge(key decision makers),rather than talk to their subordinates and I've been quite successful in many instances. I go for what I want and I get it.
hilaomo: funny dude!reflect ön 9 nd pray u dnt loose öut on thngs,whc 4 sure,u'd b dying 2 ave inside of u if nt 4 d fear of,wat 2 say 2 others,do with ordas,e.t.c...it so pain me dat i'm an introvert,only advantage so far,bein d fact dat a mathematician lyk me,have got 2 b d cool headed type.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Ajani2010(m): 7:33am On Sep 02, 2013
I like myself been an introvert...but people would always call u a snub...people do like taLking 2 me,some peolple might taLk for @least 10min and I wouldn't reply,all I would do is smiLe and continue staring @then
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by MrMann1(m): 8:20am On Sep 02, 2013
femi9naija: I'm 100% guilty of these 10 points. I think upbringing can be part of d cause of being introverted. I'm 1 of those "get back inside & start reading ur books". I kinda got used to it. 1 funny thing is 80% of my friends through university were extroverts. They tried changing me but were not successful. They used to say in terms of friendship, I'm their best, but long as distance seperates us; 'poof' I don 4get them. When ppl get used to me, they go like "I never knw u can talk". I used to think I wasn't normal, infact, I thought about seeing a psychologist. I once dated a chic who wasn't comfortable wid my nature, I had to let her go cos if she truly loves me, then she should love the nature too; may be try to help me strike a balance btw d 2 -troverts. The most painful thing about being introverted is that ppl see u as snobbish, arrogant & proud. Mainly cos of that, I've been pushing myself real hard to balance d 2 parts.
Seeing the comments from introverts alike on this post who r proud about themselves, I'm motivated that I'm NORMAL.
** I had to proof read this post to be doubly sure I'm making sense.
Introversion is a gift Jare.
Bro. you're cool the way you are, enjoy it mehn. let people think whatever they wanna think, I also think the way you pointed out too. Its a cool nature, truly upbringing might be the part of it. Truly people tend to feel I'm proud and snobbish, my babe use to think same, until she really knew me and careless about it. There must be introverts to complement extroverts. Gbam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

When A Lady Gives You A Fake 'Green Light' / How To Know When A Girl Orgasms / Lady Found Out Her Boyfriend Of 3 Months Is Getting Married. He Has This To Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.