Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,239 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? (26303 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
masonkz:

What's the name of this demon? I'd like to know.

The spirit of whoredom..Hosea 5 vs 4.
k.style:
Gayz r witches n d bible says suffer not a witch 2 live....jst jokin sha....no...criously i despise gay folks...alwayz hapi weneva i hear dat gay folks were lynched....very soon pampers go scarce die....fvck off...datz all...in conclusion,u cant b a xtian n stil b a gay

And you can perfectly be a Christian and still make the above statements. Jesus must be happy.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by EnairatofroUK: 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
we are all GOD'S children, black, white green, yellow, short, tall, gay staight etc.

just keep ur own butt shut and get ur head off other pple's bizness.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
Julieccentric:

Really? What a name for a demon. grin please have you felt this demon before? Or it just comes to a selective few, which God allows.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
free2ryhme:

Show me in the bible where it was stated you can be gay and be a Christian undecided

una go dey turn bible upside down

must you quote him.....smh

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Ephraim56: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
All i see is blah blah blahx1million. ITS WRONG!!! They are possesed with spirits of sodomy and its against the world of our great God. The father will not change his word or nobody.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Cubeet: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Homosexual could be as a result of
1. Mental disorder.
2. Having bad friends and peer groups.
3. Use of hard drugs.
4. Witchraft or Occultism.
5. Marine Spouse
6. Demonic Spirit on the person.......
So as a true Christain/Muslim ,we should not listen to bad advices from friends, we should always pray hard, and be careful. ENDTIME THINGS

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
They all need GOD'S Love, like you and me. GODS LOVE changes men, not threats and harsh judgement. Jesus came to save, not to judge. He'll soon come as a judge, but men need now more than ever to hear the message of Gods love, salvation and victory through Christ Jesus. May the power of God's love, may the power of his word be real to us all. May we acknowledge the reality of the eternal life that jesus gives.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
k.style:
Gayz r witches n d bible says suffer not a witch 2 live....jst jokin sha....no...criously i despise gay folks...alwayz hapi weneva i hear dat gay folks were lynched....very soon pampers go scarce die....fvck off...datz all...in conclusion,u cant b a xtian n stil b a gay

Hello Mr! U can't be a christain and be saying Bleep off...God would bring every words to judgements.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
without needing to read the post, u can be gay and call urself a 'christian' but my friend..u have a sure ticket to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Cubeet: 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
masonkz:

And you can perfectly be a Christian and still make the above statements. Jesus must be happy.
U be gay? If yes, i pity your condition
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by omiobo: 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yes! You can be a christian and be gay but you can't be a believer and be gay. That's what's up! They are two different thing.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by CashVessel(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
I'll start by saying that one cannot be a Christian and be a homosexual and the bible supports this statement in Romans 1.Sodom and Gomorrah was visited with God's wrath for homosexual sin. It isn't hard to find pple who may be born wif some natural affection for same sex, but that is not enuf reason to pracice homosexuality. With help frm God,rehab, counselling and a sincere determination to do the will of God, one can overcome that feeling.We should instead of insulting and metting out jungle justice or death sentences on homosexuals, pray for them, counsel them and assist in overcoming this misplaced affection.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
masonkz:

Really? What a name for a demon. grin please have you felt this demon before? Or it just comes to a selective few, which God allows.

You are obviously comfortable being gay..I live you to yourself and your smeared conscience and God.
Besides I also need to work out my salvation with fear and trembling cos these are the evil days.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by babycee(f): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
free2ryhme:

Show me in the bible where it was stated you can be gay and be a Christian undecided

una go dey turn bible upside down

Na true ooo them dey go turn the bible upside down just to justify their wrong deeds! Na wa oooo

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Julieccentric:

LOL! Who's dis joker?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Cubeet: Homosexual could be as a result of
1. Mental disorder.
2. Having bad friends and peer groups.
3. Use of hard drugs.
4. Witchraft or Occultism.
5. Marine Spouse
6. Demonic Spirit on the person.......
So as a true Christain/Muslim ,we should not listen to bad advices from friends, we should always pray hard, and be careful. ENDTIME THINGS

LOL @ marine spouse. That marine spouse had better come in the form of Anthony Mackie grin

Y'all dwell too much in superstition.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by theripper3: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
U dey use God play abi? Which kind oxymoron be Christain gay?

More like saying a godly atheist.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by dammygoody(m): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
daprince: Hey Hezron,

God's foundational love is unconditional, but that's not all that's required. What do I mean by this? God's foundational love was shown when Christ died on the cross for ALL. Yet, not all will make Heaven. Go read Ephesians 2:1-5 about God's salvation. Read Rom. 1:24-28 and vs 32...I'll go ahead and quote vs. 27 and 28 (ESV) here: "and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what out not be done."
If Romans 1 doesn't do it, how about this? "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality." 1Cor. 6:9 (ESV)
"What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?" Rom. 6:1-2 (ESV)
God loves you just as you are, but you do not present at the foot of the cross needing salvation without transformation. You just can't remain the way you were prior to asking the Spirit of God to fill your heart. If any church teaches anything different from this, run for your dear life because they do not care about your soul, but on the approval of men! Be blessed, sir!
thank u so much!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by sarutobie(m): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
joel lala: @OP, sorry but you cant be a christain( or else maybe by mouth) and still be gay.

What has the act of darkness have to do with light

no vex but i leave you with these verses.

Kindly ponder on them okay:

Romans 1:21-32:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Also,

1 Kings 14:24:

'There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites'

To crown it up read,

1 Corinthians 6:9

'Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality':

The sad thing is that gays, lesbians and all forms of homosexuals know about all these verses..they know that God does not like that act of homosexuality but they are looking for all means to hide themselves from their shameful acts, now they want to hide their acts in the disguise of being christains.

I want you to know that i can not force you to change your acts but only you can make that bold steps by yourself.

Always remember that God loves you..wink
^This here answers the OP question(am assuming he doesn't know already) and thus,subsequently bringing the thread to a conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by SlimShawty(f): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
undecided All this long talk...the fact remains the fact.Why call urself a christian if u can't stick to the simple biblical rule that condemns homosexuality?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
carr101:

LOL! Who's dis joker?? grin

U would never understand until you are sincerely ready to..Am out.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
It ll be better if Christian is not a homosexual.
There's nothing like homosexuality in Christianity. The person may be good, but the homosexual thing is a blemish.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
Julieccentric:

You are obviously comfortable being gay..I live you to yourself and your smeared conscience and God.
Besides I also need to work out my salvation with fear and trembling cos these are the evil days.

Yes I am comfortable. Battles have been fought in the past, and I refuse to live the rest of my life trying to change myself, only to regret later on how the hell I lived my life being sad, and trying to please people who probably don't care about me. I'm happy, and no smeared conscience. The fact that I'm gay doesn't limit me to what I can become.

Work out your salvation, while I work out mine.

Peace.

9 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
Cubeet: U be gay? If yes, i pity your condition
_

Yeah he is, and he is also the best human being I've ever met. Bar none!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by dallyemmy: 7:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Read Roman 1:26-28. ( For their women exchanged their natural function for an unnatural and abnormal one, 27  And the men also turned from natural relations with women and were set ablaze (burning out, consumed) with lust for one another--men committing shameful acts with men and suffering in their own bodies and personalities the inevitable consequences and penalty of their wrong-doing and going astray, which was [their] fitting retribution. 28  And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome.)
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Cubeet: 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2013
masonkz:

LOL @ marine spouse. That marine spouse had better come in the form of Anthony Mackie grin

Y'all dwell too much in superstition.
superstition right? Time will tell.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by dammygoody(m): 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2013
Do u care to know that homosexuality ws one of the sins that made God destroy Sodom nd Gommorrah............ Really,i do nt think u shld bother to post anything lyk dis next Sunday,because the God i read about in d Bible is certainly nt in support with wat u posted........................anyway, inviting u to successcamp @ any DLBC designated centre****EQUIPPING YOUTHS FOR EXCELLENCE*****:::you will nd must b blessed@all
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by zwalnanmak(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
Be holy, JUST AS THY FATHER in heaven is holy, its not possible 2 b gay & Christian
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
This is surely an end time material! Considering that it made front page.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Still Be Gay? by jmoore(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
can you be a christian and still be a serial murderer?
can you be a christian and still be a serial r@pist?

If you think you can be gay and christian at the same time saying that it is okay then a r@pist or murderer should be okay with being a christian while he/she kills and r@pes at the same time.

If you want to serve God leave homosexuality, if you want to serve devil embrace homosexuality.

Next time someone who ask if one can be a christian and still have sex with animals. smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Don’t Cheat On Her / 7 Things Killing Your Prayer Life. / Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.