Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,061 members, 7,814,650 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. (44379 Views)

Oau Cut- Off Mark For Law 2012/2013 / 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Law Mass Communication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ebig22: Onyemaobi. Collins
kogi state uni
law undergraduate
200l second semester
Welcome Sire.

Looking forward to learn from you.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
phtemie: Hope I'm not late.

FB,well done!

Name-Paul S.O
Course-Law
Uni-OAU
Level-A fresher..Just admitted.
not at all my sure guy welcome cool cool cool
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
AmiableJay: Since the first course we law students come across in our legal education is legal method, I would like us to know WHAT IS LEGAL METHOD?
Legal method in the simplest words can be defined as the study of the techniques of thinking like a lawyer.
My ogas in the room contribute.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by phtemie(m): 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fynestboi: not at all my sure guy welcome cool cool cool
Okay boss.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
olumidaie: I appreciate you all for your contribution to this topic.

Anyway, as a Law DIRECT ENTRY aspirant to UI and Unilorin, I would want to know the course outline for a fresher entering in 'YEAR 1' or YEAR 2', including that of philosophy.

I would also want to get information on the similarities of the courses with A LEVEL subjects like Sociology, Lit. In. Eng, and History(European and International). The similarities and correlation with O LEVEL subjects would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hello! I'm a UI student, I was a direct entry student through A'level too, same combination as you. You are going to use both ur A'level and O'level together for admission.
When you get admitted, you do all the normal 200 level courses and some compulsory 100l courses together with GES.
Legal Methods 1n 2
Psychology 102
Nigeria Legal system1n 2
Constitutional Law 1 n 2
Administrative Law 1n2
Law of Contracts 1n 2
Computer science 101
Ges 101 Use of English
GES 107 something about HIV and STDs
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Mesopotamia(f): 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
Name:Adeniran Fiyinfoluwa .S.
Institution:U.I
Course:Philosophy
Level:Fresher
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mesopotamia: Name:Adeniran Fiyinfoluwa .S.
Institution:U.I
Course:Philosophy
Level:Jambite.
y not claim it a fresher wink wink wink wink
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Timichael(m): 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
In preparation 4 our resumption as freshers, wot cn we take up nw as a study material jst 2 help prepare d brain 4 d challenges ahead.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Mesopotamia(f): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fynestboi: y not claim it a fresher wink wink wink wink
yes boss....was only being skeptical......#DoubtingThomas.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mesopotamia:
yes boss....was only being skeptical......#DoubtingThomas.
common dnt doubt.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Mesopotamia(f): 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fynestboi: common dnt doubt.
ma faith z jst so tiny lyk d mustard seed....bt i knw that wif d help of d omnipotent immortal supreme being,all things are possible.....
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Proudly A Philosopher
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
exxell: Proudly A Philosopher
INTRODUCTION plssss wink
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
Name: Collins
Level: 200
skul: UNILAG
Course: LAW
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
OKeokpa: Name: Collins
welcome sire...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
hey,same fac&uni. collins wah?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
name - leke tobi
School- unilag
Course- philosophy
Level- 400
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
lana_Vello:
hey,same fac&uni. collins wah?
Collins Nnamdi
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
leksiding: name - leke tobi
School- unilag
Course- philosophy
Level- 400
welcome bro... Give us enlightenment bro.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Tundeajani(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Babatunde ajani course; Law, institution;awaiting. Signature;everything good will come.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Raymondif: 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Name:ifeanyi Raymond George. Course: philosophy. School:IMSU. Graduate 2008
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by olumidaie(m): 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
phtemie: Hope I'm not late.

FB,well done!

Name-Paul S.O
Course-Law
Uni-OAU
Level-A fresher..Just admitted.
what was ur points Can 10 points enter fOr law in OAU

#JUSTASKING
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by damosky12(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
u on 2go bro?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by olumidaie(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
Bolushalom:
Hello! I'm a UI student, I was a direct entry student through A'level too, same combination as you. You are going to use both ur A'level and O'level together for admission.
When you get admitted, you do all the normal 200 level courses and some compulsory 100l courses together with GES.
Legal Methods 1n 2
Psychology 102
Nigeria Legal system1n 2
Constitutional Law 1 n 2
Administrative Law 1n2
Law of Contracts 1n 2
Computer science 101
Ges 101 Use of English
GES 107 something about HIV and STDs
UI Are u in 200 level? Do you know Iyanu Alarape
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by bamac(m): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fynestboi:

Philosophy and the proof of God's existence
One of the most far-reaching consequences of the rationalism of the Enlightenment was the undermining of basic Christian faith among the educated classes. The effect was unintended because the project of many Enlightenment philosophers was to prove the existence of God using reason: Descartes and Leibniz assumed that God's existence could be rationally proved, indeed Godwas a necessary part of their philosophy.
There are many traditional"proofs" for the existence of God, and we will look at threeof them: The argument from design, the ontological argument and the cosmological argument.
d existence of God is a metaphysical issue which varies from one philosopher to another. Saying that because some1 said philosophers dont blive in d existence of God does not mean dat philosophers don hold d existence of God valid. For me all i know concerning this is dat once there r so many organs in human body dat cant b seen but there function(s) r observed i wl say God does exist. If u blive in what some other people say witout verification then u v committed fallacy.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by bamac(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
Less i 4gt
Name: bamisepeters
course: philosophy
Univ: OOU
Level: 400
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by olagamalin(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Name : Gamaliel
UNI: UNILAG
Level: Part 3
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
OKeokpa:
Collins Nnamdi
aii,not familiar wit d name.wud ask macaulay tho
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Haybayray: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
mehn...

Name: Ebere
Uni: OAU
Course: Law
Lev: Fresher

thank you all for the enlightenment.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Gelco(f): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Name: Olivia
School: Uniben
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
Gelco: Name: Olivia
School: Uniben
Welcome.

Hope you learn from you.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2013

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

ASUU Strike! Lecturer Turns Spiderman To Attend To Students / Nnamdi Azikiwe University 300 Level Student Commits Suicide / Female Student Electrocuted At Rivers State University (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.