Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? (26962 Views)

Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / Things You Believed To Be True When You Where Little!! / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by 2map(m): 9:49am On Sep 07, 2013
I used to believe that corns are got from boiled custard.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 07, 2013
ITbomb: I believed that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
I kept to that warning diligently untill . . .
. . . . Rose, our househelp came.
[color=#006600][/color]
SO WHAT HAPPENED WHEN SHE CAME?
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2013
A friend back in primary schl told me if u left ur bread n butter for too long, the butter would turn to water. I never let my bread stay longer than 15mins grin
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ATMC(f): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2013
#smiles...children have funny way of thinking. i wonder if papa God was encouraging this thought pattern when he says we should be like them?
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ATMC(f): 10:25am On Sep 07, 2013
...once as a child, one of my aunts said, yhu are six now right? i said no, daddy did not celebrate my birthday, maybe next year.

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by kpemmzy(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2013
As a kid it was d stage dat I grabbed d most fun.I thought dat aeroplane is a bird nd weneva d plane is passin me nd ma fwens we say "aeroplane buy biscuits 4 us" but it neva happend.nd wen watchin tv I thougt dat I can shake hands wit dose pple in d tv.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by eph12(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2013
Whistling @ night attracts evil spirits sad
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Rosebert(f): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2013
My mom told me dat once i start menstruating and any boy touches me i become pregnant at once... At dat moment i got really scared and heaven help any boy dat comes near me during dis tym...i will so insult u...i believed dis till my SSS class
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by osadhordy(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2013
When i was young,i believe that when someone teeth has remove he/she must not open his mouth for lizard to see if you do that your teeth will not grow again
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 07, 2013
That the "MOST HIGH GOD" is a "WHITE MAN" gringringrin SMDH!
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by nairaland22(m): 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
Folk stories.
1. If u spilt on d floor and somebdy stepped on it, ur throat wil start paining you.
2. Babies do talk bt because of one problem, God made dem nt to talk again
3. You dont pass d middle of d road wen its late. (frm 10pm), otherwise, u wil collided wit a spirit.
4. You dont whistle in d night, else u are invitin snakes to ur house.
Hehehehehe. all diz things eh. our elders and parents really deceived us nii
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by eminikansoso(m): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
The great Zik of Africa bottled Mummy water inside a bottle before Niger bridge could be constructed @ Onitsha. Any day the Mummy water escape from that bottle the Niger bridge will collapse

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by esbjaygmailco(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
gone are those days. weldone guyz grin grin grin grin
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by nairaland22(m): 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
5. If u keep somtin wit ur left hands, u wont remember where u kept it again.
6. If u drank coconut's water, u will bcom dull.
7. A woman wit a child on her back is tearing firewood inside d moon.
8. The sky is heaven.
9. Underground is hell..
10. People die, ressurrect and travel to anoda place and start a new life there.
Funny indeed.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by dollyparton(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
When you pour salt inside an open fire, your skin will become wrinkled
When you laugh at a madman, your mouth will tear all the way to your skull
When everywhere turns silent all of a sudden, the angel of God just passed by.
When you eat while standing, the food will go to your feet.
Bad gurls wear trousers
Okparaji died playing against India when the ball turned to a stone (use ur left leg)
When cars are sick they start vomiting carbide
The moon is the wife of the son
Devil is a liar
Open your eyes during prayer and the Holy Spirit will poke your eyes.
Talk during sermon and you'll receive a Holy slap
They open the stomach and the baby will crawl out during childbirth.
If you were beaten with broom, your joystick will reduce in size.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by osadhordy(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
Its not good to sit in between two people because when i was young i believe its a ghost that sit in between two people
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ollyboi123(m): 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE: I used to prostrate to red head lizard when I lost my teeth.

I belief throwing the removed teeth on the roof with seven stones and also begging the lizard not to remove it again will make my teeth intact.
Chai thank God no be only me do am lol
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Judek2(m): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
GatJokez:

Whaaaa lol lol lol, now that's funny imagination you had. grin

Can you imagine !!
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Kids ehgrin lolzzzz.

My eldest brother told us that heaven ended in his school, that they do climb up to heaven to see God whenever they wished, and he used this to scam so many neighbouring kids into bringing him gifts to give God and some bribing him to take them to his school one day to see God, I paid dearly just to have a chance to meet God in his schoolgringrin

Was told that if I eat too much food, the food will start falling out from my mouth, so I avoided eating muchgrin

Thought Santa came from heavengrin

Was told never to answer anyone calling me at night becos its ghost that calls ppl at night, and if I answer, I will diegrin

...and if I mistakenly answered my name and couldn't find the person calling, I should find someone immediately to call my name three times else I will diegrin and I never disobeyed this instruction.

I thought mothers gave birth to kids by vomiting them from the mouth...until I entered elementary 6, my belief changed: a close frnd, my classmate told me that doctors normally use knife to cut the stomach of a pregnant woman to bring out the babygringrin until JSS3, I found out the truthsmiley

was told to clap my lips together 3 times whenever lightening occurs to avert thunder from striking me, and I never joked with it even till SS3 grin

Drinking coconut water will make me dull and unintelligent, so avoided it all my lifegrin

If u see ambulance, u will have a bad dream and may start seeing dead people and ghost in your dreams, so I made sure I ran whenever I hear siren, and if I mistakenly stumble upon an ambulance (very rare), I usually close my eyesgringrin

If someone gives u a knock on the head, u will never grow tall againgrin

Anything putting on white and white at night is a ghostgringrin

If u lie and refuse to tell your mother, u will go to hell fire, so whenever I lied, I usually went back to my mother to confess to avoid going to Hell Firegringrin

My mother told me that any boy that sees a girl that's not his sister naked will go to hell fire, and I avoided girls and in fact, hated them till I finished secondary schoolgringrin

Was told if I didn't pray before going to sleep, I will die and go to hell, so I never missed night prayergrin

I believed that Israel is in heaven, and all those story told in the book of my bible story happened in heaven, I only realised the truth when I entered SS1.

So many kinky and foolish beliefs...kids rock...no wonder Christ said for one to make heaven, he/she must be like kids, love kids so much, innocent and lovely creaturessmiley

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by oyeludef(m): 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
wen u urinate in a public place spit into it so dat babalawo wud nt b able to use it.
if u whistle at night u invite snakes n evil spirits who will cum lookin 4u
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
Dhurmynick:

me too. teachers threatened me wit dat.. nd i always checked my d# after a fight wit a gal nd she uses broom. i bck off.

bck i once broke a birds egg in primary 3.. i cried my eyes out wen my mates started blabbing dat i wnt be able to gv birth again..
here i am 16 yrs old wit 2 kids undecided

Did I read properly? 16yr old? 2 kids? Impressive....very impressive
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Judek2(m): 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
Whenever I saw a protruded bellied man, I believed he was pregnant for his wife.

I believed that there is this type of scorpion that when it stings a boy, he will become a girl and vice-versa

I used to bath with my sisters, I always ask mom why she cut their joy sticks off and left mine hanging around..
she would always tell me that its God that cut it.

Haha, funky funky imaginations..

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
osadhordy: Its not good to sit in between two people because when i was young i believe its a ghost that sit in between two people

I heard a different version d@ u shudnt pass in btw 2 ppl else u may b breaking their FRDshp. Actually got a slap frm a senior in secondary 4 passing btw him & his GF......LOL

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
¤ d@ if u brk mirror na 7yrs of bad luck,

¤ d@ if u r late 2 skool on Monday, u'll b late for d whole week,

¤ d@ anyday u start a market by offering credit, u may not make any money d@ day(plenty still believe dis sha).......

¤ d@ u dnt start any project(like building, new business, toasting a girl cheesy ....etc) on Friday(Ojó Etì in Yoruba) because som forces wud prevent u 4rm completing d project

LOL
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ImaBruno: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
I tot God just drops babies with our parents infact into our mother's hands. One day I told my siblings that we should pray so that God will drop a baby in our house.
I also tot that maggi was made from millipede
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by osadhordy(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
Jbluv55:

I heard a different version d@ u shudnt pass in btw 2 ppl else u may b breaking theelie FRDshp. Actually got a slap frm a senior in secondary 4 passing btw him & his GF......LOL
yeah dats true,i heard that also.kids are so funny
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by osadhordy(m): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
I heard this also that if you intentionally tear money,money will be running away from you
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ylaa(f): 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
mickyarams: I used to believe a thunder lightning meant God was taking our picture grin

Ewo! Your own pass my own.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iterator25: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
lobell:
recently heard its standard living and not sadalili
Don't rewrite history mheen, it'll hurt me.. it's sandalili angry

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by MAYOWAAK: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
However long we may live,we never forget the time when we were young.Memory is like a film which we alone can watch.For me,childhood is the best of that film:time and again my thoughts returns to my experiences,the innocence and mischief of that time,and the dreams and nightmares too.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by osymary: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
shocked
ITbomb: I believed that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
I kept to that warning diligently untill . . .
. . . . Rose, our househelp came.

Rose ke? older or younger? shocked Rose ke? older or younger?
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Dhurmynick(m): 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
Jbluv55:

Did I read properly? 16yr old? 2 kids? Impressive....very impressive

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Great Photographs Collected From History 2. / Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) / A Snake Killed In My Lodge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.