Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? (26974 Views)

Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / Things You Believed To Be True When You Where Little!! / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by snakova(m): 5:01am On Sep 07, 2013
caribchic: What is this mami water of which u speak?
In yankee they r called mermaids, though mami water possess a lotta juju
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Rejoice5000(f): 5:18am On Sep 07, 2013
[quote
author=uj_sizzle]I remember watching Bill Cosby's 'Kids Say', and it
occurred to me how as kids we had some real weird imaginations, had
silly things we believed or just swallowed the lies our parents and
elder kids told us hook line and sinker; ofcourse until aftersometime in
our adult life we realized we'd been real silly grin

Here are a list of things I thought and believed...
You can add yours too tongue

*I believed in the Tooth fairy(courtesy of cartoons), only ish was in
Nigeria our tooth fairies were actually rats. Mum would tell me to keep
my tooth safe after it'd fallen off or the rats would eat it and i'll
have rat teeth cry. I guarded my tooth with my life.

*I always wondered how Santa would drop me gifts since we didn't have a
chimney. I bothered dad so much about adding a chimney to the roof for
Santa n begged him to buy a Christmas tree too. I got the tree but not
the chimney, and I never saw Santa.

*Everytime I saw Always sanitary pad advert, i'd ask mum why they poured
that blue liquid on it. When I saw her own pad I was so excited, I
spent over a week searching for where she hid the blue liquid. I got a
lashing for all my troubles undecided

*My dad is dark and mum fair. I have two fair siblings, while my bro n I
are dark skinned. I concluded dad birthed us and mum had the other two.

*When I finally discovered only women had kids, I kept wondering why we
were dark. My little mind concluded the doctors colored us whichever way
our parents wanted. I was gonna have red babies like the red Indians cool

*When I was 6, my classmate told me we could turn cabin biscuit to
chocolate by frying. I got home and emptied half a pack of cabin in the
pan--all I got was charred biscuit afterwards. I still believed I had
done it wrong till I turned 10..before I finally realized that cabins
weren't chocolates grin

*After a bout of chicken pox, I refused to eat chicken for the next
5yrs...my parents had to convince me I hadn't contracted it from an
actual chicken tongue

*I believed covering my head with a blanket would keep the monsters away
embarassed

*Things acted in Sci Fi movies were real. I wondered why our car
couldn't fly.

*Whenever I swallowed an orange seed, i'd go to sleep really scared
wondering when the tree would grow outta my belly.

*If u stood up while eating all the food would settle on your feet.

*Food sacrifices left in the center of a 3-way junction were taken away
by real spirits grin[/quote] hahahahahahahahaha reconstructed brain and thinking wisely now.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by HolyHolla(m): 5:19am On Sep 07, 2013
Freiburger: Always thought the father Christmas came from New zealand grin

I always knew he was a Nigerian... i.e. #419
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Rejoice5000(f): 5:22am On Sep 07, 2013
Freiburger: Always thought the father Christmas came from New zealand grin
hahahahahahahahaha the same wit me then
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Rejoice5000(f): 5:25am On Sep 07, 2013
mickyarams: I used to believe a thunder lightning meant God was taking our picture grin
hahahahahahaha
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by generalJumong1(m): 6:10am On Sep 07, 2013
Made to believe that if you like or love someone and you don't know how to go about it as a kid,just try and find when and where the girl urinAte and immediately she urinate just put ur own urine on it,told she would later like or love you but I got it wrong when I urinate on lola's urine and I tot she would start liking me but I got it wrong when I involved her in a deadly play by droping down our money for food in the schl then,I called her if she was the one that got the money on ground and she immediately said she was the owner of the 50kobo meant for me and my sister,guys this small tory no be small thing as we needed to involve our teacher and a friend that witness that the money was mine,it was then I realise av been fool by the fact that if you urinate on somebody urine d person would like you

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by teemsa: 6:16am On Sep 07, 2013
I used to believe dat wen Sumone is fat he or she doesn't get hungry....
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by linusnneji238(m): 6:21am On Sep 07, 2013
* if i blow a whistle at nite, it wil attract a snake
* if i swallow any fruit's seed, it wil start germinating 4rm my stomach
* if i loose one of my teeth, i'l pick small stones equivalent wt my age nd throw them up on d roof, else d fallen tooth won't b replaced... Funny gud old days
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 6:24am On Sep 07, 2013
addicted268:

There was "simple" way back,remember?and another one that looked sooo big,can't remember d name now.
Abeg help me educate am oo. Na man wan teach me about sanitary pads undecided
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 6:31am On Sep 07, 2013
lol you guys are killing my ribs grin grin hahaha
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by whatofyou: 6:40am On Sep 07, 2013
Even to this day, I have heard adults and oldies yearning on how pythons 'shit' diamonds which they use in finding their way around. Some things/tales never change.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by crackhouse(m): 6:40am On Sep 07, 2013
Wu Zetian: When I was like 4yrs old, my neighbor's house help-Chimobi told me this ridiculous lie that I didn't figure out till I was 9.

He told me that Micheal Jackson drove a plane straight to heaven. He said, he just kept on driving the plane, "up, up, uupp, up...!" And that when he got to the door of heaven, God was so mad at him because no earthly man was so supposed to see him but he was impressed by Micheal Jackson's dedication and commitment to find him. Thereby, he gave Micheal Jackson those glittering(shine-shine) socks he usually wears anytime he performs. Every time Micheal wore those socks, he would be able to dance so beautifully; the socks was the magic behind Micheal Jackson's dancing.
how old are u? Micheal jackson? Damn, micheal was just 51 when he died.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by HerexG(m): 6:43am On Sep 07, 2013
I used to believe then if something falls on the floor, the devil has tasted it, so i will leave it there.

Who remember's " Agbalumo daa omi sugar omo oba lo fe mu"

Was thinking "Gold circle" then was an airfreshner, i told my dad to buy it one day at a shop and he shot me up !

Thought we were all birth through the anus

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by salt1: 6:47am On Sep 07, 2013
I believed the animals in folktales
1.Tortoise could talk and scheme. Still difficult to see it as an ordinary animal
2. Hated toad for telling God humans wanted to be dying. Killed any toad we saw and organized a mock funeral for it
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Pabodan: 6:48am On Sep 07, 2013
RINE.:
Drinking coconut water as a pupil would make one dull.

grin I stil believe this til now o, always scared of tasting it not to talk of even drinking it
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by crackhouse(m): 6:50am On Sep 07, 2013
Use to watch kingkong movie with our 4 legs black and white TV when he carried that lady on his hand, never knew it was a film trick.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2013
crackhouse: how old are u? Micheal jackson? Damn, micheal was just 51 when he died.
And he wasn't dancing when we were kids?? Doubt u understood her story undecided

3 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ugoezeik(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2013
pumpingmachine: me too. I used to strike a pose. I remember when my hand was on a girl's bossom and thunder struck. I felt sick for weeks cos of the evidence waiting for me
hahahahahahahahaha guy u don make me laf nw I don dey piss for my pant
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by steveec122(m): 7:26am On Sep 07, 2013
That the white man that dug water Wells went home from the bottom of the well.

that Zik of Africa put Mermaid into a bottle.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by SITogira: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2013
If you lie with the name of God, thunder will strike you when it is raining.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2013
Believing God lives in heaven,jesus died for the sins of the world, the devil is black,i will go to hell if i do not pay my tithes......loads of other silly ideas!
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Juell(m): 8:35am On Sep 07, 2013
*Believed dat wen a dog is pooing and we lock our fore fingers 2geda, de dog won't be able to poo again.

*Wen 2 dogs are mating and u hit a nail into the ground dey wld never separate until de nail is removed.

*Wen we killed a lizard and it's facing up, it's praying to God for vengeance.

*Thought sex was a sin even for married people. Remembered I cried wen some1 told me my parents are having sex.......lol
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by frank317: 8:42am On Sep 07, 2013
That if i die, i might go to heaven or hell
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by emperorwhale(m): 8:44am On Sep 07, 2013
ITbomb: I believed that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
I kept to that warning diligently untill . . .
. . . . Rose, our househelp came.

I use to fink am the only one dat had such a wonderfull house maid..........GUY kindly tell us about rose abeg can't wait to hear dat part
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ATMCARD2(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2013
I believd dat human beings n trees run bakwrd weneva they c us in our car,but nw they r all gallant.lol
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by OmichaelO: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2013
I believed that yam came from elephant POO
sad sad
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by CooldudeY2J: 8:56am On Sep 07, 2013
I used to think women give birth to babies through asss holes, i never knew there was a vagina not until i got to seconday sch where i met some barack boys who enlighten me.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by fasho01(m): 9:02am On Sep 07, 2013
That I shouldn't touch( a simple touch) a girl or else she'll be pregnant. grin
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by femakinz: 9:11am On Sep 07, 2013
you mustn beat a guy with a broom stick or else JOHN THOMAS wud dissssapear
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 07, 2013
iterator25: deficating.. d.e.f.i.c.a.t i.n.g

defecating - d.e.f.e.c.a.t.i.n.g or British English: defaecating - d.e.f.a.e.c.a.t.i.n.g
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Dhurmynick(m): 9:28am On Sep 07, 2013
emperorwhale:

I use to fink am the only one dat had such a wonderfull house maid..........GUY kindly tell us about rose abeg can't wait to hear dat part

speaking of house helps.. bck in 2006 i used to do tnz am afraid to do to gals i go out wit.. "Hole and stick aint involved " i mean.. i was 10 yrs old den.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Dhurmynick(m): 9:42am On Sep 07, 2013
femakinz: you mustn beat a guy with a broom stick or else JOHN THOMAS wud dissssapear

me too. teachers threatened me wit dat.. nd i always checked my d# after a fight wit a gal nd she uses broom. i bck off.

bck i once broke a birds egg in primary 3.. i cried my eyes out wen my mates started blabbing dat i wnt be able to gv birth again..
here i am 16 yrs old wit 2 kids undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nairalanders E-protest Against Child Marriage: Sign your Petition Here Guys! / Great Photographs Collected From History 2. / Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.