Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? (26980 Views)

Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / Things You Believed To Be True When You Where Little!! / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Wheneva am eating, especially biscuits nd it fell on the floor, my mum nd brothers will say don't take it coz satan has eaten it. grin

8 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by piagetskinner(m): 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
I was always told the truth....no fairy tales...Nada! gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iterator25: 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
undecided
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iterator25: 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
pumpingmachine: are you kidding me? I thought he came from Rome
i thought he's from shomolu bariga lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by patholaw: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Tot Santa came 4rm Iceland...
If u whistle in d nite ur inviting evil spirits...
If sm1 shout ur name in d nite devil wld know ur name

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Leke-leke give me ten white fingers.Lol.

7 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
I used to prostrate to red head lizard when I lost my teeth.

I belief throwing the removed teeth on the roof with seven stones and also begging the lizard not to remove it again will make my teeth intact.

6 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by demolaprof(m): 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
because we were livin in a face me face u apatmnt. my mom told me dat i shouldnt put my ass on any WC weneva i am defecation. i askd wot if i do? she sed i will die. my eyes opend wen i ws sixteen

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Austeenxx: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
I don't get it.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Atmospher(f): 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
I alway wonder where a child comes frm when a woman is pregnant, and i was told and i believed that dey come frm the anus. I also believed that wen u teeth falls off, u must throw it on the roof of a house, otherwise it will never grow back. I also believed that women gets pregnant wen a male pee into their organs during intercourse; i tried it, did not work and the bigger boys then told me i did it wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iebanehita(m): 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
ledafaze: 1. Never spit on the floor cos if you do and someone steps on it, it takes away your voice grin grin

What I believed then is if someone steps on it, you would have sore throat. Then, I always look for a gutter to spit.
Even till now, anytime I spit on the floor, would use my leg to clean it sharp sharp! grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by obalolaunited(m): 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
hustla: bush baby and the mat story

Ta I remember the bush baby and their mats
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by bayomidland: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
making mouth sound"sounds like fucking" invokes snake
Bush baby
Mis koi koi

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iterator25: 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
demola.prof:
because we were livin in a face me face u apatmnt. my mom told me dat i shouldnt put my ass on any WC weneva i am defecation. i askd wot if i do? she sed i will die. my eyes opend wen i ws sixteen
deficating.. d.e.f.i.c.a.t i.n.g

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Pistolx(m): 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
1.when u point ur finger at a burial ground u whill freeze at the sport
2.when u draw a line from the street to ur house at night a snake will folow the line 2 your house and eat u up
3.if u are walking backwards u are reducing the day u will spend in ur life
4.white people were giving birth with inteligence dy dnt nid 2 go to school
5.dnt sweep or whisper or luk at the mirror at nyt
6.when i was a kid i real had fun with those little gals bk then at my compound bt nw dat am grown up i realise i dnt hav liver 2 chase gals again,i wonder wat hapen

7 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by slkphil: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
As a Nigerian kid I believed we are the leaders of tomorrow - politically.

Alas how can we be, when the then leaders are yet to die or leave the position

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iebanehita(m): 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
Atmospher: I also believed that wen u teeth falls off, u must throw it on the roof of a house, otherwise it will never grow back.

Then, I believed u tie it with a small stone in a small bread nylon and throw it on the roof of a house??!!!
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Pistolx(m): 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
obalolaunited:

Ta I remember the bush baby and their mats
if u manage to collect dia mat u are super rich 4 life
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by nebeolisa(m): 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
beliv dat if sum1 is been beatn with broom stick he/she will not erection
Lol
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by moscobabs(m): 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed that God has full white bear and always wear white garment with sword in his hand sitting in a golden chair

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Lakayanah: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
My dad used to tell us that God has only one eye and it's bigger than the whole world. And that eye sees everyone no matter where you hide to do evil for sure hell fire awaits you. I was not afraid of the hell fire as i was afraid of the big one eye my prayer back then was never to see that eye in the dark.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
Freiburger: Always thought the father Christmas came from New zealand grin
I still think he comes fro the North-pole! No, not the Kringle guy!
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iterator25: 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
If your mum beat you with a broom, your joystick will not exceed 3inch... I avoided that ish like a plague

5 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed every trash that came my way as a kid - Call me the super gullible kid and u wouldnt be far from the truth cheesy

Cant have all of them stipulated on here but the arguably biggest one was that ''I was made to believe that every fruit seed that awkwardly gets swallowed would surely throw up a tree in ya belly'' - I cried myself to stupor the day an orange seed found its way to my stomach.

A decade has gone and am yet to feel some branches in there grin

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
When I was like 4yrs old, my neighbor's house help-Chimobi told me this ridiculous lie that I didn't figure out till I was 9.

He told me that Micheal Jackson drove a plane straight to heaven. He said, he just kept on driving the plane, "up, up, uupp, up...!" And that when he got to the door of heaven, God was so mad at him because no earthly man was so supposed to see him but he was impressed by Micheal Jackson's dedication and commitment to find him. Thereby, he gave Micheal Jackson those glittering(shine-shine) socks he usually wears anytime he performs. Every time Micheal wore those socks, he would be able to dance so beautifully; the socks was the magic behind Micheal Jackson's dancing.

4 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by azpekuliar: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
1. That children were delivered through the anus. cheesy
2. That if you were pressed, all you needed to do to be relieved was to lick your index finger with your tongue, rub it on your navel and voila! you were relieved. cheesy
3. That masquerades were actually spirits. grin
4. That white people(Oyinbos) don't mess(fart). cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by priscaoge(f): 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
That a dead person traveled to heaven. Those days when they tell me that if I swallow an orange seed,it will germinate from my head.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Gwekzy: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
When sun n rain meets a female elephant is in labour...
Tall pple re alws older in dis view I believed my mum was older dan my grandmum..
I believed d devil had eaten anytin dat touches d ground.
They re many more

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by lafflaff123(m): 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed I was Abiola's son and got switched by my Kpako father.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Heyliesha(m): 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
ITbomb: I believe that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
I kept to that warning diligently untill . . .
. . . . Rose, our househelp came.
wat did rose do?

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Agbgift(f): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
I did believed that if you scrap the last portion of food and eat it directly from the pot, rain will fall on your wedding day. It doesn't matter if it is raining or dry season. For a long time, I missed the last portion on jollof rice.

Also, I did believe that if rain is falling and the sun is shining, it means an Elephant has given birth.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: I remember watching Bill Cosby's 'Kids Say', and it occurred to me how as kids we had some real weird imaginations, had silly things we believed or just swallowed the lies our parents and elder kids told us hook line and sinker; ofcourse until aftersometime in our adult life we realized we'd been real silly grin

Here are a list of things I thought and believed...
You can add yours too tongue

*I believed in the Tooth fairy(courtesy of cartoons), only ish was in Nigeria our tooth fairies were actually rats. Mum would tell me to keep my tooth safe after it'd fallen off or the rats would eat it and i'll have rat teeth cry. I guarded my tooth with my life.

*I always wondered how Santa would drop me gifts since we didn't have a chimney. I bothered dad so much about adding a chimney to the roof for Santa n begged him to buy a Christmas tree too. I got the tree but not the chimney, and I never saw Santa.

*Everytime I saw Always sanitary pad advert, i'd ask mum why they poured that blue liquid on it. When I saw her own pad I was so excited, I spent over a week searching for where she hid the blue liquid. I got a lashing for all my troubles undecided

*My dad is dark and mum fair. I have two fair siblings, while my bro n I are dark skinned. I concluded dad birthed us and mum had the other two.

*When I finally discovered only women had kids, I kept wondering why we were dark. My little mind concluded the doctors colored us whichever way our parents wanted. I was gonna have red babies like the red Indians cool

*When I was 6, my classmate told me we could turn cabin biscuit to chocolate by frying. I got home and emptied half a pack of cabin in the pan--all I got was charred biscuit afterwards. I still believed I had done it wrong till I turned 10..before I finally realized that cabins weren't chocolates grin

*After a bout of chicken pox, I refused to eat chicken for the next 5yrs...my parents had to convince me I hadn't contracted it from an actual chicken tongue

*I believed covering my head with a blanket would keep the monsters away embarassed

*Things acted in Sci Fi movies were real. I wondered why our car couldn't fly.

*Whenever I swallowed an orange seed, i'd go to sleep really scared wondering when the tree would grow outta my belly.

*If u stood up while eating all the food would settle on your feet.

*Food sacrifices left in the center of a 3-way junction were taken away by real spirits grin
You were really a mumu sha o...lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nairalanders E-protest Against Child Marriage: Sign your Petition Here Guys! / Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) / Great Photographs Collected From History 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.