Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? (26975 Views)

Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / Things You Believed To Be True When You Where Little!! / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by osadhordy(m): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
When i was young my mom do tell me that if i eat at the door step i won't satisfy
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Dhurmynick(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
here. i am being Lonely..... oh lest i 4get.. am 16 nd i nid a gf undecided
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ITbomb(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
On Demand
osymary: shocked

Rose ke? older or younger? shocked Rose ke? older or younger?
ijinlove20: [color=#006600][/color]
SO WHAT HAPPENED WHEN SHE CAME?
emperorwhale:

I use to fink am the only one dat had such a wonderfull house maid..........GUY kindly tell us about rose abeg can't wait to hear dat part
easydoesit24: wetin rose con do o lolz
dejijohns:
Lmao!!! Bro, d tori neva finish na. Wot apend??
#winks#
nbright: Thank God for Rose
Skillz4u: u b bad boi but u made ma day sha
Heyliesha: wat did rose do?
ledafaze:

Hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
uj_sizzle:
grin grin badt pikin
Last but not the least , The Legend himself
Mazi_Omenuko:

Yet you refuse to grace the Legend thread with the Rose tale.

@topic: the dilemma of every child, "where do babies come from?"
Watch all the action here in 3D
www.nairaland.com/1309209/legend-fvcckkeeerrsss/39#17960567
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by edwardadex23(m): 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
emusmith: You were really a mumu sha o...lol
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by tracker(m): 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
I was told that if I sat down and someone walks over my legs, I will not grow again. I made sure this did not happen to me as I wanted to grow tall. grin

Remembered once when I swallowed an orange seed, someone said it was going to grow out on top of my head. I began to cry as I could not imagine carrying an orange tree on my head. grin grin

Children and their innocence. hahahaha

I remember I use to look at the moon and tell my mum that I see someone always moving or playing inside the moon. It took me a long time to change this.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by DECOtech(m): 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ITbomb: I believed that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
I kept to that warning diligently untill . . .
. . . . Rose, our househelp came.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nmeri17: 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
I used to think pregnant women give birth thru their bellies not thru their womanhood

going to pee at night without being accompanied by mom will make demons attack me
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Switup: 11:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
cheapgadgets6: Blvd dt India beat Nigeria 100-1 in a football match,indian players n ball dey turn to lion wch mks our players and even keeper run frm post ,and d onli goal we evntuali scord ws wen okparaji kicked d ball as it turnd to a bg rock and he died aftrwrds......so funi#lik if u blvd ds
i was told this particular story too.... Exactly like this...! (but it was a bigger kid called 'nor nor' that really made me believe it.....(and this 'nor nor' was our oga @ d top back then) grin
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Lordskenn(m): 1:57am On Sep 08, 2013
If ur tooth removes and u allow lizard 2 c it, it wil nt grow again
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Sike(m): 10:38am On Sep 08, 2013
Oh boy! Naija pikin don suffer. I used to believe almost everything that was listed here. Damn!
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Ishuajoe(m): 11:12am On Sep 08, 2013
I always believe when I sneeze means someone is talking about me
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by kalvin1: 11:14am On Sep 08, 2013
That every aeroplane is heading to obodo oyibo which I thought is the name of a country
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by snakova(m): 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
if u beat som1 wit broom he has to step on it otherwise his offspring wud b crooked
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
Shekson: The most silly one is my primary sch teacher that taught me 'Jangolova Epo Moto' during exercise periods. Am sure she didn't know the real wordings. Jz knew the real words last year.
Funny! I still don't know the real words. wink
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
BellaDonaFema: I believed any fruit's seed I swallowed ll grow out on top of my head. If you laughed @ a dwarf, you ll become a dwarf yourself. I believed Chucky was real.
. Chucky....I missed dt programme
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
I used to be very scared of those fake animals in "Tales By Moonlight".....never knew they were real humans wearing costumes.. undecided
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
Shekson: The most silly one is my primary sch teacher that taught me 'Jangolova Epo Moto' during exercise periods. Am sure she didn't know the real wordings. Jz knew the real words last year.
Angelmay: Funny! I still don't know the real words. wink

Hehehehe ! "Jingle over like a motor....."
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Jbluv55:

Hehehehe ! "Jingle over like a motor....."
. Owwkay....gosh! Silly me
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
Angelmay: . Owwkay....gosh! Silly me
I also dint know. Nt until lyk 2 mths ago. Rily Funny ryt?
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
Jbluv55:
I also dint know. Nt until lyk 2 mths ago. Rily Funny ryt?
Are u kidding me? Its totall funny....I feel so silly. I just told some odas and we can't jus stop laughing
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by quivah(f): 8:41am On Sep 11, 2013
loool! What happened between my cousins this morning made me remember this :
That using broom to hit/beat a boy would make his manhood disappear.. I used to believe this sha!!!
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 9:43am On Sep 11, 2013
Angelmay: Are u kidding me? Its totall funny....I feel so silly. I just told some odas and we can't jus stop laughing
HmMmmmm!
There's wat we used 2 do as kids (dnt know if dis cuts across sha) if we had don smtn wrong & it seemed obvious we wud get lashes of the 'koboko'. We wud pull out som strands of our eyelashes to avoid feeling the pain. Childish thots I guess.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 10:04am On Sep 11, 2013
quivah: loool! What happened between my cousins this morning made me remember this :
That using broom to hit/beat a boy would make his manhood disappear.. I used to believe this sha!!!

Rily? Nau d@ I think of it, wat happened 2 all d boys that were beaten with brooms? Sm r soon-to-be grooms? cheesy
Well I guess all dey nid is 'just to touch' any gurl to get her pregnant......Hehehehe
I wonder how many girls I impregnated just by touching grin(even my sistas)........
Parents rily screwed wt our heads mehn!!!! But com 2 think of it, it helped restrain som of us Frm ..................................cheesygrincheesy
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 11, 2013
Jbluv55:
HmMmmmm!
There's wat we used 2 do as kids (dnt know if dis cuts across sha) if we had don smtn wrong & it seemed obvious we wud get lashes of the 'koboko'. We wud pull out som strands of our eyelashes to avoid feeling the pain. Childish thots I guess.
nah....wasnt told dt...bt there are a host of oda tins I believed like....
I thot my family were donly ones who watched all dos programmes on our TV set, that is, everyone who had a tv set had his own set of programmes he could watch on his tv as I couldn't comprehend hw possible it was that everyone in city could watch d same tin at d same time
It was nt until one day I heard my classmate in school discussing one series we used to watch then..."Checkmate" dt I realised dt everybody oda than my family could also watch d same tins we did
As a kid, d mysteries of hw d television worked baffled me a lot.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2013
Funny enough, my brother said he couldn't fathom d way Airplanes worked. It seemed so strange to him dt he thot twas Aliens who flew planes....imagine
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 10:55am On Sep 11, 2013
Angelmay: nah....wasnt told dt...bt there are a host of oda tins I believed like....
I thot my family were donly ones who watched all dos programmes on our TV set, that is, everyone who had a tv set had his own set of programmes he could watch on his tv as I couldn't comprehend hw possible it was that everyone in city could watch d same tin at d same time
It was nt until one day I heard my classmate in school discussing one series we used to watch then..."Checkmate" dt I realised dt everybody oda than my family could also watch d same tins we did
As a kid, d mysteries of hw d television worked baffled me a lot.

Checkmate was luvly for me as a kid, bt unfortunately even if it is still bin aired I doubt if I wud hav as much interest as I used to hav back then. Same thing goes for all those cartoons (Danger Mouse, Sesame Street, SuperTed ..........etc)
I knew dey weren't real but I used to beleve they were interesting, now they all seem like silly programmes 2me except for a few lyk Voltron.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
Jbluv55:

Checkmate was luvly for me as a kid, bt unfortunately even if it is still bin aired I doubt if I wud hav as much interest as I used to hav back then. Same thing goes for all those cartoons (Danger Mouse, Sesame Street, SuperTed ..........etc)
I knew dey weren't real but I used to beleve they were interesting, now they all seem like silly programmes 2me except for a few lyk Voltron.

well, minds are different now bt one tin am sure about is I still prefer those cartoons to some of d current ones. For instance...why on earth will I watch Teletubbies? Or Barbie girl? Can u remember...Inpsector Gagjet, G force, casper the friendly ghost, victor and Hugo....I could go on and on
Thank God for cartoons like "Lion King, Shrek, Hoodwinked and some others....doesn't make cartoons as boring as "Teletubbies" days anymore
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Angelmay: well, minds are different now bt one tin am sure about is I still prefer those cartoons to some of d current ones. For instance...why on earth will I watch Teletubbies? Or Barbie girl? Can u remember...Inpsector Gagjet, G force, casper the friendly ghost, victor and Hugo....I could go on and on
Thank God for cartoons like "Lion King, Shrek, Hoodwinked and some others....doesn't make cartoons as boring as "Teletubbies" days anymore

hahahaha
NICE 1. Lion King?(Yes), Casper the friendly ghost?(Yes), Shrek?(Hmmmmm *thinking*...), Teletubies?(Hahahahahahahaha)
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
Jbluv55:

hahahaha
NICE 1. Lion King?(Yes), Casper the friendly ghost?(Yes), Shrek?(Hmmmmm *thinking*...), Teletubies?(Hahahahahahahaha)
see? Still good old days sha! I still watch 'Allo, Allo' now and still enjoy it.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jbluv55(m): 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
Angelmay: see? Still good old days sha! I still watch 'Allo, Allo' now and still enjoy it.

Which 1 z 'Allo, Allo' Agn o?
Wat happened 2 those 'silly' magazines(Ikebe Super, Nackson d ......, etc)?
And those naughty & romantic magazines(Hints, Hearts, Better Lover, .....etc)?

If I was told d@ there wud ever com a tym wen I wud stop bin crazy abt reading those magz, I wud neva hav believed o. Do dey still exist?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nairalanders E-protest Against Child Marriage: Sign your Petition Here Guys! / Great Photographs Collected From History 2. / Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.