Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,528 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press (48738 Views)

Prof. Wole Soyinka's Tribute To Sen. Asiwaju Tinubu. / Why Asiwaju Tinubu Is Displeased With Muiz Banire / Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Smooyis(m): 5:52am On Sep 14, 2013
The downfall of a man is not the end of his life. Wishing him quick recovery.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by StepG: 5:55am On Sep 14, 2013
Maxymilliano:

These are not the best of times for one of the brains behind the newly registered All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as information reaching Paparazzi Magazine suggests that he is at the moment down with the dreaded and incurable Parkinson’s disease.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu dropped out of circulation several weeks ago and his absence at this crucial time in the run-off to the 2015 general elections and the consolidation of the newly registered party has raised questions as Nigerians want to know the whereabouts of the man popularly called Jagaban. To douse the anxiety of his followers and shut up critics, the media team of the former Lagos State governor released a statement weeks back claiming that he had gone for surgery of a knee he injured during his active sporting days, which became nagging due to some social and family activities,.

Paparazzi Magazine can however reveal that the real nature of Asiwaju Tinubu’s ailment is Parkinson’s disease which sources say he has been suffering from but has now started progressing to its advance stage.

According our source, Asiwaju Tinubu did not go for any surgery but has to take time off from his very busy political engagements and avoid the Nigerian public because the disease is beginning to advance.

“Asiwaju is suffering from Parkinson’s disease! He did not go for any surgery. He took time off so that he can be out of public glare since the disease is already advancing. It is so bad that he cannot eat in public any longer because his hands will be shaking terribly. The same goes for signing of cheques. It is a bad situation that nobody prays for”, the source said.

Asked what will be the fate of APC in the absence of Tinubu who is believed to be the engine room of the party, the source disclosed that things will naturally take care of themselves as event unfolds.

“It is too early to write Tinubu off; we cannot say he has become a human vegetable and I am sure he can still play some role in APC even with his condition.

Though there is no doubting the fact this is a big blow to the party and it will take a lot of hard work for the party leadership to carry on without Tinubu’s active participation”.

What is Parkinson's Disease?

Low levels of dopamine, a brain chemical (neurotransmitter) involved in controlling movement, cause symptoms of Parkinson's disease. The shortage of this brain chemical occurs when nerve cells in a part of the brain (substantia nigra) that produces dopamine fail and deteriorate. The exact cause of this deterioration is not known.

The links between Parkinson's disease and factors such as genetics, aging, toxins in the environment, and free radicals are all under investigation. Although these studies are beginning to provide some answers, experts do not know the exact cause of the disease.

Studies are ongoing to determine whether there is a genetic cause of Parkinson's disease. Only a small percentage of people with Parkinson's disease have a parent, brother, or sister who has the disease. But abnormal genes do seem to be a factor in a few families where early-onset Parkinson's disease is common.

The type and severity of symptoms experienced by a person with Parkinson's disease vary with each individual and the stage of Parkinson's disease. Symptoms that develop in the early stages of the disease in one person may not develop until later-or not at all-in another person.

Symptoms of Parkinson's disease typically begin appearing between the ages 50 and 60. They develop slowly and often go unnoticed by family, friends, and even the person who has them.

A small number of people have symptoms on only one side of the body that never progress to the other side.

Common Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
Tremor, or shaking, often in a hand, arm, or leg. Tremor caused by Parkinson's disease occurs when the person is awake and sitting or standing still (resting tremor) and subsides when the person moves the affected body part.
Stiff muscles (rigidity) and aching muscles. One of the most common early signs of Parkinson's disease is a reduced arm swing on one side when the person is walking that is caused by rigid muscles. Rigidity can also affect the muscles of the legs, face, neck, or other parts of the body and may cause muscles to feel tired and achy.

Slow, limited movement (bradykinesia), especially when the person tries to move from a resting position. For instance, it may be difficult to get out of a chair or turn over in bed.

Weakness of face and throat muscles. Talking and swallowing may become more difficult, and the person may choke, cough, or drool. Speech becomes softer and monotonous. Loss of movement in the muscles in the face can cause a fixed, vacant facial expression, often called the "Parkinson's mask."

Difficulty with walking (gait disturbance) and balance (postural instability). A person with Parkinson's disease is likely to take small steps and shuffle with his or her feet close together, bend forward slightly at the waist (stooped posture), and have trouble turning around. Balance and posture problems may result in frequent falls. But these problems usually do not develop until later in the course of the disease.

Tremor is often the first symptom that people with Parkinson's disease or their family members notice. Initially, the tremor may appear in just one arm or leg or only on one side of the body. The tremor also may affect the chin, lips, and tongue. As the disease progresses, the tremor may spread to both sides of the body. But in some cases the tremor remains on just one side.

Emotional and physical stress tend to make the tremor more noticeable. Sleep, complete relaxation, and intentional movement or action usually reduce or stop the tremor.

http://paparazzipress.com.ng/cover/world-exclusive-asiwaju-tinubu-down-with-parkinson-disease
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by beeman80: 6:12am On Sep 14, 2013
This is obviously a PDP led and sponsored paper.It's very obvious that PDP is loosing out and consequently running out of ideas.This in-idealistic approach spews of disgust.PDP you guys should go and resolve your internal issues and stop wasting tax payers money on a 5th rated magazine (never seen it before anyway).
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by beeman80: 6:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Mogidi2: Tinubu Is Next - Pastor Who Predicted Death Of Patience's Mother by camelus: 2:57pm On Jul 30

“I predicted the death of the mother of the first lady…Tinubu is next” – Pastor Chris Okafor Warns

By Kaymi on July 30, 2013
The General Overseer of Mountain of Liberation And Miracle Ministry, Chris Okafor has said he predicted the death of the mother of the first lady which recently happened.
It was said that the man of God predicted that, there will be death in the President’s household, and it was meant to take away someone close to them mysteriously but could be averted if they showed interest.
He has also advised Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to beware because some of his strong opponent have vowed to ensure that he will not see May 29, 2015.
Lastly, this one is for the people of Anambra State. Senator Chris Ngige is going to rule you again, the Pastor said.
Attention seeking.Please don't try to play god.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Gbawe: 6:23am On Sep 14, 2013
beeman80: This is obviously a PDP led and sponsored paper.It's very obvious that PDP is loosing out and consequently running out of ideas.This in-idealistic approach spews of disgust.PDP you guys should go and resolve your internal issues and stop wasting tax payers money on a 5th rated magazine (never seen it before anyway).

This is not the first time this same OP has released this same pathetic housewives tale. There has been official rebuttal to it on Nairaland (same as I reproduce below) after the OP posted this same tripe from the same news source only fit to be used as toilet paper. OP would not have missed that rebuttal which confirms that Tinubu is fine and in good health.

OP is just cynically and deliberately 'cashing in' on the fact that some people love working themselves up when the name Tinubu is mentioned. Today, for desperate elements, Tinubu had a stroke tomorrow Kidney failure. This was what the shameless character Beaf used to do,on behalf of his PDP paymasters, when he would spam the forum to death claiming Aregbesola was "down with cancer". Pathetic.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/11/tinubu-hale-and-hearty-ajomale/

Tinubu Hale And Hearty —Ajomale

Published on September 11, 2013 by · 16 Comments

Contrary to speculations circulating on the social media that the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is suffering from Parkinson’s disease, the party’s interim chairman in Lagos State, southwest Nigeria, Chief Henry Oladele Ajomale, said Tinubu is hale and hearty.

Ajomale, in a chat with P.M.NEWS, debunked the allegation and described it as a figment of the imagination of the party leader’s detractors.
He confirmed that Tinubu had undergone a surgery for an accident he suffered on his knee cap, but stated that he is recuperating in London.

“I wonder where those who started the speculation got their information from. There is nothing further from the truth, because the Asiwaju I met and discussed with last week in London was as fit as fiddle.

“In fact, he was upbeat while our discussion on political happenings and the way forward in our country lasted. Besides, he has been in regular contact with his associates and followers back home and all other parts of the world,” Ajomale stated.
Ajomale added that it had become imperative to allay the fears of the members of public as well as their party following the unfounded rumour surrounding his health status.

An American-based online magazine, Paparazzi, recently on the social media alleged that Tinubu was down with the Parkinson’s disease, a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system that is characterised my muscle tremor.
The news, which went viral, has been retailed on other social media platforms, like twitter and facebook, therefore eliciting panic among the teeming supporters of the former Lagos State governor and a man who has come to be known as the leading light of political opposition in Nigeria.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 14, 2013
wiilly02: it hurts me 2 no dat nairlanders are this dull....they dnt no what parkinston disease is at al,imagine dat guy sayin 'get well soon' n d oder 1 sayin dat dey can cure it in d village with 5000naira do u tink its ordinary fever? Parkinston disease has no cure....u can only ease d suffering.....within time he wont be able to move his cheek at all.....muhammed ali,stephen hawking 2 mention a few are sufferers of dis deadly disease
Everything and nothing is possible.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Maxymilliano(m): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2013
Gbawe:
OP would not have missed that rebuttal which confirms that Tinubu is fine and in good health.

grin grin ... Just as several rebuttals by Ayo Osinlu, Okupe et al confirmed Patience Jonathan to be in good health when she was rumored to have gone to Germany for surgery.

Why not reproduce the rebuttal and allow the mods to do the needed to balance both side of the story instead of foaming at the mouth is unnecessarily ?

The news is from an American-based online magazine, not the OP. If you must know, I did not miss the rebuttal, and I wasn't expecting anything less from Ajomale, only surprised it was not Sunday Dare, Chief Press Secretary to Tinubu that released the rebuttal ...

5 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Mogidi2: 7:16am On Sep 14, 2013
I smell a Suntai.

Tinubu went out of circulation after burying his mother and I wonder why. If indeed he's hale and hearty the least he could do is to call a press conference to debunk the news.

How long does it take to heal from knee surgery?

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by jbaur24: 7:26am On Sep 14, 2013
The clown has been taken out of play even before he became a vegetable.

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by jbaur24: 7:28am On Sep 14, 2013
What is happening to Tinibu is what will happen to anyone that stand on the way of GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by jbaur24: 7:30am On Sep 14, 2013
We do not wish him any recovery because he and his boko partners does not mean well for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Lushgreen: 7:31am On Sep 14, 2013
Jarus: the front page of that paparazzi makes it look like an anti-Tinubu sponsored campaign (saw the Aregbesola story too).

That notwithstanding, there is obviously something wrong with Tinubu's health. the rumours have been flying for like one year now.

You saw the Aregbesola story but didn't see the headlines on Uduaghan and the Nigeria Police.

You can be more objective than this @Jarus, I know you can.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Lushgreen: 7:38am On Sep 14, 2013
Gbawe:

This is not the first time this same OP has released this same pathetic housewives tale. There has been official rebuttal to it on Nairaland (same as I reproduce below) after the OP posted this same tripe from the same news source only fit to be used as toilet paper. OP would not have missed that rebuttal which confirms that Tinubu is fine and in good health

@Prof Gbawe,

The rebuttal, just like the Paparazzi publication, is a mere statement and confirms nothing.

The only confirmation would be to see Asiwaju BAT raising the hands of the APC presidential candidate and that is way into the future.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by hisxlency: 7:43am On Sep 14, 2013
Nah watin the man find go parkistan wey make am catch dat kind disease
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by kliq(m): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2013
ThankGod Edeh: I dont want to say that one prophet's prophecy is about to come to pass.
? shocked
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by emmydee(m): 7:44am On Sep 14, 2013
asiwaju,abeg get well soon o. we must take power frm pdp in 2015!
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Caseless: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2013
Pygru:
https://www.nairaland.com/1378090/tinubu-next-pastor-predicted-death
wow! I like d part he said ngige is gonna rule anambra again.
Thank u for the link.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by drnoel: 8:04am On Sep 14, 2013
Sirniyeh: These our political leaders just like to waste resources. I dont know why they dont believe in our same traditional medicines. The same diseases that affect most aged poor men that they use less than N5000 to cure with our natural herbs. Now spending millions abroad........well recover soon
Parkinson has no cure but they can us dopamine agonists to manage it.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Mubby4luv(m): 8:26am On Sep 14, 2013
jjwaterfalls: \

Hope u ar okay undecided undecided
Did u wake up on the wrong side ov ur bed? i quote wat so ever i wanna quote as long as the quote button is present. FFree me
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by victorD3: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2013
Researchers says the disease is incurable and you clowns are here wishing him "quick recovery".

If it were Dame Patient that disapeared for treatment abroad APC reporters would remember how unethical it is to go for treatment abroad.

For me I say LET GODsWILL BE DONE.

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by eluquenson(m): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Na so all of una no go get peace as long as we masses pay tax & you fools spend our tax on your family.
As Agagu don die now who's next?
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 14, 2013
These people and their tribalism! See how his kinsmen are refusing to accept the story, but if it was about GEJ or his wife, they would have been wishing them death. And I wonder why saharareporters has not carried the news. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by ldpele(m): 8:45am On Sep 14, 2013
prophet T.B. Joshua no dey again? make them carry am go thr b4 it will b too l8.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by victorD3: 8:49am On Sep 14, 2013
wiilly02: this is stephen hawking suffering 4rm parkinston disease....in case u dnt no him...he was the scientist that originated the BIG BANG theory

Hmmmmm! So by next year Tifnubu will be smiling for photograph like this? lipsrsealed
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by ldpele(m): 8:53am On Sep 14, 2013
prophet T.B. Joshua no dey again? make them carry go thr b4 it will b too l8.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 14, 2013
Okoro2015:
I wish Tinubu speedy recovery.

There is a force behind GEJ that surprises me. Who will think that anyone with his kind of disposition can go through this unprecedented path and position he is today? Many lion hearted fellows tried with powerful arsenal to no avail what this man effortlessly, in relative term holds on to.

It is on this note that those who wants to snatch power by hook or Crook should rather watch their steps because this guy has unseen hands backing him.

Again I wish Tinubu speedy recovery.
yes and the whole thing is taking a scary dimension.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Dbrave1(m): 9:10am On Sep 14, 2013
Quick recovery ma role model
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2013
when is he going to bite the dust i.e DIE?
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Gbawe: 9:17am On Sep 14, 2013
kaorama: These people and their tribalism! See how his kinsmen are refusing to accept the story, but if it was about GEJ or his wife, they would have been wishing them death. And I wonder why saharareporters has not carried the news. Nonsense.

The tribalism is on your side alone. Did Tinubu lie he was abroad "taking a rest" as GEJ instructed his propaganda machine to do for his wife? Did Tinubu tell anyone he was in Saudi Arabia "praying" as Turai and co lied was the case with the terminally-ill Yar Adua? Did Tinubu, when he is not even a public official, disappear like Sullivan Chime for months without explanation to anyone? No is the answer to all those questions.

Tinubu released a statement telling Nigerians he would be undergoing surgery and recovering afterwards. If people like you want to believe the worst about him then that is your prerogative but don't try and compare Tinubu, who did the right thing, to others who have no respect for Nigerians and see nothing wrong in deceiving them. Doing so only reveals who the irrational tribalist is.

When a man tells you what ails him and what he is seeking medical treatment for, why can you not accept that and leave him in peace to recover? Why then do you rush to compare Tinubu to those who claimed they were taking "a rest abroad" only to confess, in a show of disrespect for Nigerians, they "nearly died" on the treatment table abroad? You guys are pathetic and the personification of everything you claim others are.

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by taiwobr: 9:23am On Sep 14, 2013
if not for tinubu lagos state and other sw would hav been captured long time ago.........well i wish him soonest recovery
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Rad1cal: 9:27am On Sep 14, 2013
Gbawe:

This is not the first time this same OP has released this same pathetic housewives tale. There has been official rebuttal to it on Nairaland (same as I reproduce below) after the OP posted this same tripe from the same news source only fit to be used as toilet paper. OP would not have missed that rebuttal which confirms that Tinubu is fine and in good health.

OP is just cynically and deliberately 'cashing in' on the fact that some people love working themselves up when the name Tinubu is mentioned. Today, for desperate elements, Tinubu had a stroke tomorrow Kidney failure. This was what the shameless character Beaf used to do,on behalf of his PDP paymasters, when he would spam the forum to death claiming Aregbesola was "down with cancer". Pathetic.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/11/tinubu-hale-and-hearty-ajomale/

I noticed you attacked the OP instead of discussing issues,but you did be the first one to scream blue murder when you suffer same fate.

You haven't repented from your hypocritical ways . So sad. sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Borno State Senator Ali Ndume Is A Boko Haram Sponsor - Spokesman / Governors Who Will Face Hottest Battles In 2019 / President Tinubu, APC Governors Meet For First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.