Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters (35958 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Jonathan Battles To Save Face - Vanguard / Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press / Patience Jonathan Battles Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by ojotask: 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease
By SaharaReporters, New York
Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, is battling an onset of Parkinson’s disease that has complicated her recovery from a surgical procedure in Germany, several reliable sources have disclosed to SaharaReporters.

SaharaReporters broke the news that Mrs. Jonathan was flown to a hospital in Wiesbaden, Germany close to a month ago to undergo emergency treatment after a botched procedure in Dubai.

In interviews with three sources familiar with Mrs. Jonathan’s health status, SaharaReporters learnt that the Nigerian president’s wife is beset by Parkinson’s disease, a degenerative syndrome. The disease is a progressive disorder of the nervous system. A medical source described it as “a fairly common disorder that occasions degeneration of the nervous system.” The source added that the disease leads to “progressive impairment and disorder of movement.” An online medical site notes that Parkinson’s “is characterized by progressive loss of muscle control, which leads to trembling of the limbs and head while at rest, stiffness, slowness, and impaired balance. As symptoms worsen, it may become difficult to walk, talk, and complete simple tasks.”

The bombshell revelation about the First Lady’s medical woes was first made by a source familiar with Mrs. Jonathan’s previous secret treatments in Spain and Italy. The source disclosed that Mrs. Jonathan had battled Parkinson’s for some years now. In addition, doctors had advised her to “do something urgent about her morbid body mass index (BMI),” said the source. She added that Mrs. Jonathan had indeed considered undergoing the kind of tummy tuck procedure that former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha once had.

Two other sources close to the Jonathans confirmed that the First Lady has been dogged by Parkinson’s. One said the disease was largely responsible for her clumsiness, drawling speech and slow movement at public events. He added that Mrs. Jonathan has been suffering serious trembling in the left hand. “That’s why she always uses her right to hold the microphone when speaking at public events,” the source revealed. Mrs. Jonathan also reportedly is affected by stiffness of the limbs and trunk which affects her movement.

A news staffer at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) told SaharaReporters that Mrs. Jonathan’s aides warned reporters covering her never to film her beyond her waist. “Her senior personal assistant told the crew covering her long ago: ‘Don’t ever film Madam’s waist. Show her face only.’ That’s been the code at NTA.”

Two of our sources stated that Mrs. Jonathan had made efforts to slow the disease that had started to ravage her. “She has been visiting a health farm in Italy on a regular basis since 2010,” one source revealed. “To alleviate her pain, she has been taking her medication religiously.”

A friend of Mrs. Jonathan’s said that the First Lady’s health maladies include anxiety, occasional memory loss and disorientation. In addition, her blood pressure often rises to dangerous levels, forcing her to take a cocktail of anti-hypertensive drugs.

Also, our sources said that some officials attached to the First Lady’s office described her as constantly depressed, prone to snapping at people at the slightest provocation. “The First Lady can just get angry at the slightest provocation and rain abuses at anybody in sight,” he said.

As happened during the health crisis of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, the Nigerian Presidency’s reaction to Mrs. Jonathan’s health condition is to be mum. When SaharaReporters contacted a senior aide of President Jonathan on the matter of the First Lady’s illness, he sharply said, “I’m not saying anything. And please don’t mention that you spoke to me.” SaharaReporters learnt that officials of the Presidency are under a virtual oath of secrecy on the issue of Mrs. Jonathan’s health crisis.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/patience-jonathan-battles-parkinson%E2%80%99s-disease

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by MrGlobe(m): 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
nawaa oh... where do I start. too many exposures...

and the part:
'i'm not saying anything, and please don't mention you spoke to me' had me lmao...

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by MrGlobe(m): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
whats really happening to this woman, over 1 month now, from food poisoning to ailments on ailments and the presidency has said nothing.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by auwal87(m): 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2012
Hope she get well soon embarassed

16 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
Too bad, I was beginning to like her bombasticated utterances! TFMOH warns that Cassava Bread consumers are liable to gbagaun more!

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by nduchucks: 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2012
We have a right to know what is happening to our dear First Lady. The President needs to tell us the truth and not make this another Yar'Adua type imbroglio. May Allah/God heal her swiftly.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
Abeg make una tell Sahara Desert sorry reporters make dem small small dey dash our first lady disease nau! Which one come be parkinson disease? No be that disease wey dey worry Mohammed Ali? Hiaaa! Na wa o! embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by floriana(m): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
Its getting interesting.
1. Rest
2. Food poisoning
3. Ruptured appendicitis
4. Tummy tuck
5. Full body work
6. Fibroids removal
7. And now Parkinson disease
We hope this ends well. All these were also discovered by the same saharareporters.

42 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
Was She once a Boxer?, Definitely Aso Rock is a boxing Ring. I too love my wife for this kind of expensive ASO rock game, grin

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Afam4eva(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
Parkinson? Was she ever an athlete?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by OluwadamilareO(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2012
Everyone knows she is a walking d**d
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by acidtalk: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
Wooow!!!
God gives;
Life and Death
Riches and Poverty.
Health and Sickness.
Joy and Sadness. But one thing is innevitable. What ever a man sows so shall he reap (good or bad).

You can loot all the money of a nation but God can also decide to remove every joy in your home. If you think of less than 1% out of a 100% then be prepared that God will take 99% of your joy and leave you with 1% which is the money you think is more important than the inner most joy.

Will the same Nigerians who you made life difficult for since you came in power have a single second to remember you and your family in prayers? No sir! But they will be very quick to curse you because they are not happy.

All the same, God knows best. I wish her quick and safe recovery. Because this might just be an opportunity to really know that Money can nver buy Health or Happiness (especially when it is stolen funds).

Karma! Karma!! Karma!!! I fear the
w

44 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Abagworo(m): 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
If she's sick and so what? This sahara reporters is wicked and making mockery of a sick person. I say to the owner or editor of sahara reporters "may what you make ridicule of others befall you a dozen folds". They made mockery of Yar'Aduas sickness and death and now they are doing same to our 1st lady. Wicked and unpatriotic people looking for cheap popularity.

17 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by chioma134: 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sahara reporters=rumour mongers. They should leave the president and his family alone. Patience is entitled to her privacy and the state of her health is not our business. She was not elected into office, so is not obliged to disclose her health status to anyone.

18 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by free2ryhme: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
God will heal her IJN. Amen

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Kx: 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Was She once a Boxer?, grin
afam4eva: Parkinson? Was she ever an athlete?

Why all the was she, for pete's sake this woman is alive.

Little wonder why she advised
"We should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY". Copyright P.J.2011

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by ifihearam: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
lies

WHATEVER SAHATA REPORTS SAYS IS A BIG FAT LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL,THEY ARE ONLY GOOD IN PROPAGATING FALSE AND BAD NEWS

THE FIRST LADY IS HALE AND HEARTY IJN

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by doctokwus: 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2012
Its now obvious why d 1st lady's health condition is still being kept a secret:nobody evn knows d true state of her health& what 2 tell nigerians.Imagine the number of diagnosis with differentials in one human being.All d same,eventhough GEJ admin has bn largely disappointing& it still thinks nigerians are too inconsequential 2 b told if dame is in a hospital or not,d first lady shd recover frm whatever has troubled her dat requires her staying away for dis long
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Pukkah: 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2012
ifihearam: lies

WHATEVER SAHATA REPORTS SAYS IS A BIG FAT LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL,THEY ARE ONLY GOOD IN PROPAGATING FALSE AND BAD NEWS

THE FIRST LADY IS HALE AND HEARTY IJN

I thought so too. At least we have been told that she went to rest or on vacation.

So all these prayers are needless and the speculations are unnecessary.

However, as our people say, 'truth is an open wound, only conscience can heal it' and also, 'if falsehood travels for 20 years, it takes only 1 second for the truth to overtake it'.. cool Our people also say that 'no matter how dark it is, each person knows what is in his/her heart'.

Time will tell everything.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by surveyProf(m): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2012
The only sports man that suffers this kind of disease is Mohammed Ail, parkinson Syndrum, if it is true wat SR said, then she needs more prayers.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by revomind(m): 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2012
Abagworo: If she's sick and so what? This sahara reporters is wicked and making mockery of a sick person. I say to the owner or editor of sahara reporters "may what you make ridicule of others befall you a dozen folds". They made mockery of Yar'Aduas sickness and death and now they are doing same to our 1st lady. Wicked and unpatriotic people looking for cheap popularity.

Guv' calm down. The media speculation is down to the refusal of the Presidency to tell the truth as to her real condition. I don't see any mockery in the report, perhaps, you're a little too sensitive.

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
floriana: Its getting interesting.
1. Rest
2. Food poisoning
3. Ruptured appendicitis
4. Tummy tuck
5. Full body work
6. Fibroids removal
We hope this ends well. All these were also discovered by the same saharareporters.
Sahara Reporters has wished our First Lady more than 7 different sicknesses and all of them, FROM RELIABLE SOURCES....lol

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Pataki: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
When our foolish president cannot explicitly state what is wrong with his wife to the people who voted him in, please allow all sorts of medical reports to be stated about her.

Whether SaharaReporters is right or wrong here is not my bone of contention. My bone of contention lies in an idiotic president who chooses to tell lies to his people about his wife's predicament and condition.

As I once said, so I still maintain: Rest in Pieces, Patience. The blood of innocent poor Nigerians that you and your husband have shed will cry out for justice.

9 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
Pataki: When our foolish president cannot explicitly state what is wrong with his wife to the people who voted him in, please allow all sorts of medical reports to be stated about her.

Whether SaharaReporters is right or wrong here is not my bone of contention. My bone of contention lies in an idiotic president who chooses to tell lies to his people about his wife's predicament and condition.

As I once said, so I still maintain: Rest in Pieces, Patience. The blood of innocent poor Nigerians that you and your husband have shed will cry out for justice.
Some one tie this guy rope. He has gone mad.

22 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Areaboy2(m): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
I'm sick and tired of all these speculations!

Why cant they tell us what exactly is wrong with her

From food poisoning to Appendicitis to ruptured appendicitis to tummy tuck and now parkinson's?

Only in Nigeria will a leader be sick in the hospital and they hide it like we are the ones making them sick?? angry

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by tunapawizzy: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2012
ahhhhh mo gbe mo ku mo daran, parkinson plus bad english.......equals first class dindinrin....me i dun talk am...they will keep stealing our money and affliction wey go turn dem to source of shame go dey pursue dem

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by GenOrumov: 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2012
If this is actually what has plagued her, I feel sorry for her and I hope she recovers from it.

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
Chei! Chai! Choi! Dis is crious oh! NL prayer ministries,when are we having all nyt vigil on her behalf? I hope she doesn't run mad...
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by onila(f): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
Pataki: When our foolish president cannot explicitly state what is wrong with his wife to the people who voted him in, please allow all sorts of medical reports to be stated about her.

he cant telling everyone . .his wife business is pricate
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by room702(m): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2012
floriana: Its getting interesting.
1. Rest
2. Food poisoning
3. Ruptured appendicitis
4. Tummy tuck
5. Full body work
6. Fibroids removal

Billyonaire: Sahara Reporters has wished our First Lady more than 7 different sicknesses and all of them, FROM RELIABLE SOURCES....lol
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sahara reporters? pls, give me some real news
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Obinoscopy(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
chioma134: Sahara reporters=rumour mongers. They should leave the president and his family alone. Patience is entitled to her privacy and the state of her health is not our business. She was not elected into office, so is not obliged to disclose her health status to anyone.

I think we need to give her her privacy. I'd sue sahara reporters if it were myself that was involved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election / Buhari And Donald Trump Yet To Meet At UN After ‘Lifeless Comment’. Photos / Fahim Saleh: Tyrese Haspil Arrested And Charged With Murder Of Gokada CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.