Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41381 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by LiquidMind(m): 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2006
I learn that demons can be nasty shocked
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by syrup(f): 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2006
Recognizing your God-given identity:

- we are made in God's image

- we are fearfully and wonderfully made

- we are a perculiar people for Him

Summary: this helps us to a renewed confidence in what God intends for us.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 31, 2006
That with God all things are possible.

That He is able to heal all the scars of life be it dissapointments,sexual molestations,poverty.
He will never forsake anyone who puts their trust in Him
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babe1(f): 5:38am On Jul 31, 2006
Sorry i missed the sermon, i was late for church. first time in yrs , Oh well
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Oracle(m): 6:06am On Jul 31, 2006
i can do all things through Christ
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babymine(f): 9:25am On Jul 31, 2006
All my help comes from the Lord.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 4getme1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2006
It doesn't matter how long it takes but God's Word will surely come to pass.

Hab. 2:3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 09, 2006
great scripture 4malik.

He has also promised to open up the windows of heaven and pour us out blessings that we cannot contain.
Praised be his name.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by m4malik(m): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2006
Ah, babyosisi. . . thank you for that. smiley

We may not quite understand everything about the life of faith from start to finish, but I'm encouraged to know that "The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him" - Nahum 1:7.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babe1(f): 4:59am On Aug 14, 2006
Oh today which is 7/13/2006, my Priest talked about how much food we have in America and how much we waste it. He said, We should consider people that are less fortunate in other countries and stop being wastefull.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by lioness(f): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2006
Today is monday.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 15, 2006
lioness how about yesterday,didn't you go to worship
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babe1(f): 4:03am On Aug 15, 2006
lioness:

Today is monday.

Lioness, we do have time difference you know. Right now it is 10pm in TX. And if you are in UK, i guess it is already am. There! That is if you were referring to my post.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by ZuluNation(m): 4:05am On Aug 15, 2006
I have a confession, I did not go to church yeaterday, I was working.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by m4malik(m): 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2006
In a men's fellowship over the weekend, the central theme was "Knowing Yourself" - basically having to do with identity of one's self. Main text was Luke 9:55 - 'But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.'

At the end of the day, we were encouraged to see ourselves not mainly from what people say about us (good or bad); but rather from what God says He is making of us. Of the latter, He desires nothing less than that we be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ (Rom. 8:29). It hasn't been easy in practical terms in our everyday lives - and that's why we need to rely more on the power of the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dominobaby(f): 9:15am On Aug 16, 2006
Topic of sunday's message was 'the triangular movement'. Matthew 5: 13 - 16. It focuses on my identity as the LIGHT OF THE WORLD. The triangular movement- i am the light, God is the source and the world is where i've got to shine to. Therefore i must position myself strategically to God for maximum reflection to the world.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babymine(f): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2006
God can use that little thing in my hands and make it extraordinarily great.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by obiora(m): 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2006
*You need to pay attention to what God is calling you to do.
*Helping the poor is something we need to be "exited" to do as children of God.
*Jesus is Sacramentally present in the poor.
*Do not spend the whole night thinking of what next to do to get the whole money and wealth of this earth because we are nothing but tenants on it.
God bless!!!!!!!!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2006
Yesterday we learnt that Christians ought to watch the "voices" they listen to .
God will never tell you to sin or do the wrong things.

Secondly Jesus is more than able to keep us from all unrighteousness but we have to be willing and attentive to the promptings in our hearts by the Holy Ghost,our guide who shall lead us into ALL truths.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by eurimoor(m): 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2006
The Bible study yesterday was great. It was on the CHRISTIAN'S RESPONSIBLITY IN A CIVIL SOCIETY. it is good to know that as xtians we have important roles to play in our societies. We are to be law abiding and examplary both in our domestic and secuar life as well as in the the society at large.
I want to invite you all to hook up to www.deeperlifeonline.org every monday by 18:00GMT for systematic and expository time of Bible study.
You are blessed cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by lioness(f): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2006
Today is Thursday
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dominobaby(f): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2006
Today's friday and i'm bout to listen to a sermon in church. It's the annual uni ibadan campus students fellowship's annual conference, water gate, tagged 'fullness of His glory'
i'll jist y'all asap
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by wendytilda(f): 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2006
How we can be peace makers
*Gain inner peace through forgiveness
*Try to look at your own fault first.
*Exchange your perspectives for God’s
*Even though the other person is wrong,just try to figure out few things that are good about that person and thank God for that.
*Confront the other party( if necessary)
*Do not gossip your opponent but pray for them.
FIRST KEEP THE PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF THEN SEEK TO BRING PEACE WITHIN OTHERS.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by nilla(f): 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2006
- To live as christians outside of church not just on sundays when we go to church
- Alcohol is a drug for me i don't think it is and i don't think its bad unless you get too tipsy or drunk
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2006
I learnt that we Christians need to forgive those that wronged us so that our prayers be not hindered.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by queen2(f): 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2006
In church today, i learnt dat we should always praise the lord, in any situation u are, if ur rich, praise the lord, if ur poor praise the lord, wateva situation u find urself in, still praise the lord.
its appreciation week, we thanked God and danced and read psalm 105. the service was awesome, and i learnt alot. smiley
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2006
nilla:

- To live as christians outside of church not just on sundays when we go to church
- Alcohol is a drug for me i don't think it is and i don't think its bad unless you get too tipsy or drunk

@ nilla,please don't take this the wrong way ok.
The spirit of God in us,the Bible says will teach us all things.
Concerning alcohol and things like smoking,our body is Gods temple and I believe as we yield ourselves to him and daily decrease so that his power will increase in us,He (the Holy Spirit) will teach us those things we ought not to do.

Bless you.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by nilla(f): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2006
I am not taking it the wrong way smiley

But if you can explain more for me that would be fine.
thats why i talked about getting tipsy and drunk not being good.

I know my body is the temple of the Lord. But if i drink alcohol in moderation without it affecting me, is that bad. Even if it's bad, whatabout the use of alcohol e.g brandy in making cake. I also know some other foreign dishes that are made using alcohol. And it does not make you tipsy.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Oracle(m): 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2006
Well today was all about Celebration in Church.
Our pastor was celebrating his Birthday and 15th Anninversary in Marriage.
One of the members was also celebrating his birthday, so it was celebration Galour
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2006
Thanks,I did not want to be offensive.

The Bible says that we (Christians) abstain from all appearances of evil.
Alcohol is generally regarded as a drug,was once an illegal commodity here in the west at some point.
It has no real advantage to us,will not be a good testimony to an unbeliever seeing us purchasing or drinking it either in a bar or in our home.

It will go against our Christian testimony.
Most Christians I know will not cook or bake with alcohol and would only consume it in food if they did not know it was there.
I hope I have answered you well.
Blessings.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babe1(f): 11:25pm On Aug 27, 2006
I have no clue, i was busy watching after my daughter crawling all over the place. Forgive me lord for i have sinned.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by nilla(f): 12:59am On Aug 28, 2006
babyosisi,

thanks for answering my questions. I did not really look at it in that way. I just thought it wasn't bad if you didn't take it a lot or enough to alter your way of thinking.

What about just an occasional sip of wine or Irish cream undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / Car Almost Smashed By Electric Pole In Rivers: 'Supernatural Force Pushed Away'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.