Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41385 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Remmzy(m): 2:37am On Aug 28, 2006
[b]without God you can not but without you God will not, So make your self available to avoid being replaced! cool[/b]Remember, will not doesnt mean He can not.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2006
nilla:

babyosisi,

thanks for answering my questions. I did not really look at it in that way. I just thought it wasn't bad if you didn't take it a lot or enough to alter your way of thinking.

What about just an occasional sip of wine or Irish cream undecided undecided undecided undecided

I believe there are good Christians that may not mind an ocassional wine like champagne at a wedding for toast or at dinner ocassionally.
My response would be,can the individual live without it?
If the answer is yes,I beleve it is better avoided.
I doubt if one go to hell for that either but the Bible says the road is a narrow one and we need to be very careful. wink wink wink wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by nilla(f): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2006
point taken. that was some nice chat. thanks for your time cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by whaleh(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2006
The last time I went to church, I learnt that the OLD RUGGED CROSS brought (GRACE) God's Riches At Christ Expense to our doorstep
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 01, 2006
At Bible study yesterday,I leant that we need to learn how to wait on the Lord and not run from pillar to post looking for answers.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 01, 2006
nilla:

point taken. that was some nice chat. thanks for your time cheesy

you're welcome dear.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by lioness(f): 9:54am On Sep 04, 2006
Today is monday grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by valianty(m): 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2006
Seun, My pastor preached about EMPOWERMENT FOR CHRISTIAN SERVICE. As Christians we have the gifts of the Holy Spirit that enables us to do good works. I pray that God will help me to use my gifts to glorify Him always.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Remmzy(m): 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2006
Exodus 12 vs 31-32.
31 And he called for Moses and Aaron by night, and said, Rise up, and get you forth from among my people, both ye and the children of Israel; and go, serve the LORD, as ye have said. 32 Also take your flocks and your herds, as ye have said, and be gone; and bless me also.
cool

If God is hell bent on releasing you off the enemies hook, the enemy would see nothing on you but God's perfect touch of a maximum annointed Blessing; imagine mighty pharaoh asking Moses to bless him vs32 cheesy.

This week my enemies must succumb grin!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by karyurdey(m): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2006
We were taught "THE HIDDEN POTECIAL IN US" and the topic was very intresing. We were told that each of us in this worold came here for a purpose and if we dont fulfilll the prpose, it will be a great loss cos the potecial will be taken from us and will be given to another person.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2006
I hope that your church will also teach you to write in English soon grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by karyurdey(m): 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2006
does that really matter. it was only written in a hurry. so is eole's mistake that you even came here for. get lost if you dont have anything to talk about, u FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 11:56am On Sep 10, 2006
karyurdey:

does that really matter. it was only written in a hurry. so is eole's mistake that you even came here for. get lost if you don't have anything to talk about, u

Ask somebody at the church to teach you to write. I am sure with a little practice you will learn that the correct spelling is 'fool'

No need to write like an 419 scammer!

FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL = Fool

There are supposed to be rules on this forum that people should try and use the English language for their posts and check spellings. Keep to those rules.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Oracle(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2006
unfortunately, i didn't go to church today
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2006
Church was awesome today.
The man of God preached from an old testament text on the ark of covenant and relating it to believers today,wherever we gather,the presence of God is supposed to be manifest.

And when God comes in his fullness He is there to heal,save and deliver.
With God there are no impossibilities.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2006
karyurdey:

does that really matter. it was only written in a hurry. so is eole's mistake that you even came here for. get lost if you don't have anything to talk about, u FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

It is better you ignore certain things people say.
I was ministered to by what you posted earlier.
Bless you.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babe1(f): 5:19am On Sep 11, 2006
Courage! Find out the history of the persons name on the back of Alababa state quarter (coin)
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by jayjaync(f): 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2006
when you know God and you in distress,you might just be in ur sowing time ,being prepared and trained,cos the sowing time is still coming wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Oracle(m): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2006
Unfortunately, i couldn't make it to Church today embarassed undecided
I hope God Understands

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by queen2(f): 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2006
Didnt go to church yesterday, went to a carnival, i pray God forgives me, anywayz i don't  miss church that much
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by jaybaby(f): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2006
angry angry angry Reverend the best u would have just done was to tell him 2 make sure he corrects himself or use a microsoft word next time not that way!

I’ve seen most of ur post u like doing this! & It is 2 bad
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by LiquidMind(m): 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2006
We have a merciful caring FATHER smiley
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by nico(m): 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2006
I stopped going to church since My Step-Aunt
turn out to be the Wicked Witch from Africa
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by jesuseun1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2006
Unfortunately, i couldn't make it to Church today
I hope God Understands

oracle,it is true God will understand but will tha devil understand?

i had a wonderful in church today,pator shared 5 principles of creating Godly wealth

1] Principle of tithing.

2] owe no man ,be debt free.a debtor is a slave ,the only thingwe are permitted to owe every man is LOVE.

3]principle of accountability.=luke 16:10

4,praise principle = psa 37:4

5]principle of building capacity to manage abundance wealth =luke 12:16-20

hE Concluded God is a respecter of principles not persons.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Radiant(f): 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2006
Reverend:

I hope that your church will also teach you to write in English soon grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Ermmm, actually didn't go to church today. Next week hopefully. cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2006
Today at Church,I learnt that sometimes road blocks in our way can be blessings in disguise.
As long as we are in the will of God,He will always work it out come what may.
I encourage us all to keep trusting Him and not to lean on our own understanding.
Let all men be liars and God alone be true.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 25, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin I learnt about the 3 Kinds of knowledge .oooh wat a glorious day at church .pastor Chris Oyahkhilome and so also pastor Ben eragbai(New covenant Gospel Church).live and direct preaching. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cool cool cool
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by nilla(f): 1:04am On Sep 25, 2006
PRETTY POISON:

Sin can take you further than you want to go.

Sin can cost you more than you can pay.

Sin can make you stay longer than you want to.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Rhea(f): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2006
That faith without good works is like a toothless bulldog.

Just outside the church ( a coupla metres), I learnt that the moon has been on the top 10 most wanted list of some.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by CrazyMan(m): 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2006
Humm
i learnt a lot.

i learn that,

1. Giving and sharing: As a christian, you must not be stingy you must learn to share your food with the hungry, give your cloths to the naked and share you girlfriends and even your wife with your neighbour who is lonley or cannot afford one.

2. Retaliation: when someone offends you, you must not retaliate. co's according to my pastor, it's not Biblical. you must learn to endure heavy insults, slaps, blows and even a gun shot. co's christ endured much more punishment for you and for me. ok?

3. Endurance: to be a christian, you must know how to endure. co's endurance and long suffering are the keys to Finical Prosperity. you must suffer, fast and pray and also be willing to face any Temptation.

Finally, you must be willing to face persecutions. As a christian, you might end up in a community where the gosple is less preached. So preaching it might cause you a death penalty. can you die for christ?

Ask you self this question.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by koksy(f): 8:25pm On Sep 25, 2006
Its really sad sad dat someone is sayn they dont go to church
Without God i want to let u know dat u r really useless
Cos dat air ur breathn is jus cos of his mercy and he has control over it
so dont u think u need to respect him more. grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by CrazyMan(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2006
Listen to this Story

Something happened Sometime ago during the burial of one rich man in a certain village. As some people were busy digging the grave, one of the brothers of the dead man who had a mental disorder came along and started shouting at the grave diggers. "Why is the grave so small, don't you know that my brother was a very rich man?
This grave you are digging cannot accomodate his houses, cars, and other things. You people are wicked, you don't want my brother to take his things along with him?. He kept on shouting. People were embarassed. The grave diggers did not whether to obey the man or to ignore him and continue with their work. The man, even though he was mentally imbalanced, he raised a fundamental issue that need to be properly adressed by everyone.

It's a well known fact that so many people spend their whole life acquiring material things without having time to think about their maker or why they were created.
Beloved, all the cars, houses, clothes, shoes, jewelries etc. that you have spent your entire life acquiring will be useless when you die. You are not taking anything when you depart.

So Repent and give your live to christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / Car Almost Smashed By Electric Pole In Rivers: 'Supernatural Force Pushed Away'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.