Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Getting Married As An Undergraduate - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (44286 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wu Zetian:

I believe love is not only the factor makes a marriage work. Finance, maturity, selflessness, same goals, also play a major role in a good marriage.

I do advocate one staying in a bullsh1t union in order to appear married to the society.

My worth is not defined by a man neither should that of your daughters.

The height of immaturity that you have displayed on this thread alone is very scary and I really do hope you get help in order to teach your girls that the Mrs degree is not what their lives should revolve around.

Too bad I have no girls to teach,may be you do the teaching if you eventually get them Miss self sufficiency. If anyone needs help here,you do undecided, being Miss self sufficiency is also not what your daughters life should revolve around.Are you trying to say that your so called self sufficient women can't be found in bullsh1t union??Love can never be the only factor, neither can your self sufficiency and age.I can see that your mentality is that of getting married to divorce tomorrow,thats why you are preparing for marriage like you are going for war,hopefully you won't also teach your daughters #preparing for marriage-combat 101# undecided

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Ngokafor(f): 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
..*picks up mic*...for goodness sake can we all grow up?..what on earth is the bickering and insults for?!!. Whats so difficult about dropping opinions and moving the ef on?!...chochocho since morning haba!...poor op has apparantly taken cover from all the unexpected verbal missiles here..gosh!..*drops mic*...

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
You'll still find some uncultured loose mouthed vultures spewing trash out of their sorry self. cheesygrin Mrs I did it at 23. cheesy how I wish the husband can log on here and see what their mother in-law claimed she moulded cheesy Pure clay sand moulding with no fittingsgrin

8 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by DollyParton1(f): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dayum!!! The married ones are aggressive.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by jumbotron: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
Dayum!!! The married ones are aggressive.

Hahahaha, I fear!

Ladies, please. Throwing insults is just not even it. Please we should all learn to share views without attacking each other. The thread is so messy now. It is also embarrassing that we as adults can spew insults at ourselves like this. One person needs to be the bigger person and kill this nonsense. Either make nice or ignore insults and help the OP. This thread is not about anyone else but her...all the back and forth is just noise.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
Isn't it funny that it is automatically assumed that I am middle-aged?? Lol grin grin

I could detect the "market woman" mentality from a mile away grin

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by DollyParton1(f): 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
jumbotron: OP, I am a young married woman. I love my husband and I thank God I was able to finish school, work while being a wife and mother. My husband was super supportive. I see where the young married ladies are coming from but I will advice you, you know your story and your husband. Remove pressure from him and society and consider a few things. Are YOU on your own willing to walk down this path? Make sacrifices and put your needs aside for the greater good of your new family. Bear with your husband getting grumpy about your education taking center stage, because he has to take a back seat for a little. Afterall, you might as well do the education thing with all excellence. Some of these unhappy women you see nowadays are products of rushed unions. We need to get out of this mentality of: He will leave and you will be lonely later, or time no dey o.

Make the best choice for YOU. I just gave you a synopsis of my own life but I know what life would have been like. It's not about catching fun, it's about growing and knowing yourself by yourself and knowing what you want. I always advise women today, develop yourself if you can. Then enter a marriage. I am not saying be all rich but have something in your arsenal. Nigerian women are horrible at this and we have statistically, one of the worst sets of marriages. We are too dependent on men for everything. We can't contribute to the home because we are not prepared to do more than house keeping (something you can now hire day service to do). Too many babies marrying and taking their pitiful situations as "it is what it is". Get you together and then marry. Whether all these women like it or not, you have more respect that way. The choice is ultimately yours. Like I said, my experience was beautiful but I wouldn't advice my child to do it or my little sisters.

God bless

God bless you plenty!!!
You nailed it sqaurely!
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
jumbotron:

Hahahaha, I fear!

Ladies, please. Throwing insults is just not even it. Please we should all learn to share views without attacking each other. The thread is so messy now. It is also embarrassing that we as adults can spew insults at ourselves like this. One person needs to be the bigger person and kill this nonsense. Either make nice or ignore insults and help the OP. This thread is not about anyone else but her...all the back and forth is just noise.

I be lyk say u're new arnd here. Just sit back and relax, enjoy the flow, the mods wld soon come and do their job.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by jumbotron: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
[quote author=alutacontinua]

cheesy Ok, I'll do just that.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Konnektions146(m): 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wu Zetian: Isn't it funny that it is automatically assumed that I am middle-aged?? Lol grin grin

I could detect the "market woman" mentality from a mile away cool
Sholly abeg leave dem before dey term yur points "rude".

She is just not ready to digest the fact that we differ from her own opinion, i wonder whats going on in her home........#NotMeanToBeRude#

I can smell frustration.

7 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
Keep wondering, don't concentrate on wondering on what is going on in your life undecided ,go back and read yourself lashing out like a motor park tout.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
Konnektions146:
Sholly abeg leave dem before dey term yur points "rude".

She is just not ready to digest the fact that we differ from her own opinion, i wonder whats going on in her home........#NotMeanToBeRude#

I can smell frustration.
LoL, I'm done with her.

Ignore her response, we just have to be the mature ones cool

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nawa oh shocked See drinking of panadol for another person's headache. grin
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by jumzzy448: 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
@ byvan, pls i'll advice you stop replying these people. No need wasting your time and strength on them.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
@Jumzzy, Trust me,am tidying the school uniforms while at it, sorry ,I give up, i won't respond to them anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
It was fun while it lasted, ciao!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by jumzzy448: 10:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
byvan: @Jumzzy, Trust me,am tidying the school uniforms while at it, sorry I give up, i won't respond to them anymore.
Thanks so much. That shows so much maturity and class. kiss

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by jumzzy448: 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
Yea, good raddiance!
To your bad rubbish I guess...mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
alutacontinua:

I be lyk say u're new arnd here. Just sit back and relax, enjoy the flow, the mods wld soon come and do their job.

Which mods? It's only certain posters some mods follow around stalking their posts o. There can be nuclear war going on in other threads and they will jejely ignore. They have been insulting themselves for like 6 days straight on the igbo traditional wedding thread and the mod hasn't branched there yet.

Lmao @ this thread. Oh how have the 'mighty' fallen. Bwahaha!!

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by JOYCEOUS(f): 10:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
Women sabi quarell no b small.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by JOYCEOUS(f): 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

N who's the 'mighty' that has fallen?
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by thatchic: 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
@Byvan the association of “mrs I did at 23” is in support of dropping this subject.

Marriage has become so twisted for so many. People date in college irrespective of age. Some want to take it to the next level (without belle and desperation or with belle tongue tongue tongue).why knock it because you didn’t try it. It can’t be your way or the highway.

YOLO so “do you”. (1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Bader_Ginsburg this woman was married with a child in law school (and yes she took her baby to class, IVY LEAGUE, no less) and still become a supreme court judge. (2) Oprah Winfrey did her thing with no husband or kid. (3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marissa_Mayer had her career set before getting married and having a kid. So the world has enough space for everyone.

Why I go fear to tell my parents that I am ready to get married to a gorgeous, smart hard working man (3 years older than me, no be sugar daddy). My marriage is not hell on earth; it is stable, loving, trusting, and supportive and I am glad to have found my partner early. If it happens for you at a different time it is all good.

Off topic: people need therapy and Jesus/Allah/whatever you believe in. Spewing so much hate and anger on a faceless forum!!!!!!.

I believe in staying in your lane and the topic clearly states “getting married as an undergraduate”. Let those who have lived it, tell it (The good, the bad and the ugly). I don’t go trolling on the thread below because I have nothing of value to add it. https://www.nairaland.com/1164806/single-nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hahahahaha

Ya! stay in your lane alright....teacher don't teach me nonsense, experience is the best teacher...if not for the useless ASUU strike, ideally a 23year old lady should be dress shopping already, IMO why wait and sleep with all men in town cause you wanna be 'out there' and eventually become a bitter and frustrated left over cheesy

If mine brings a responsible boy or girl from a respectable family home at 23 , why not, let her pass on the love of her life because

As for the long epistle from one poster who married young and had a 'beautiful' marriage and 100% hubby support during her time but wouldn't advice her own kids and sister to do same if they have same shot , I find that conclusion without a valid reason very flaky .... All I have to say to that is; eeshhh. grin

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by armyofone(m): 12:20am On Sep 26, 2013
Now your post cracked me up,

grin grin

ileobatojo:

Which mods? It's only certain posters some mods follow around stalking their posts o. There can be nuclear war going on in other threads and they will jejely ignore. They have been insulting themselves for like 6 days straight on the igbo traditional wedding and the mod hasn't branched there yet.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Revolva(m): 2:08am On Sep 26, 2013
mamalette: Am 23. Got admission to school quite late. Am in 200 level presently. My boify is stable financially and hez been asking that we get married soonest. However, he stays in lag while I school outside lag. Am worried, how wld he cope while am away? And is it advisable that I get married while in school? Thanks!

wetin be unaown n marriage ..its never the way to hapiness..oga at 23 u never finish school sef na marriage..go n learn more but life...ok....ohh because u see free money....women....na wa

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 26, 2013
armyofone: Now your post cracked me up,

grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by sonitadion(f): 4:00am On Sep 26, 2013
I remember when I announced to 'friends' that I was getting married. Some of them dey vex, proper binu saying "why would u get married now? You are too young" and all those bullcrap. Now, 70percent of them are envying me. 29percent are angry I didn't invite them for my wedding (even after I don do my 1yr wedding anniversary). Some say dey wan still flex small (no problem). 1percent think they wouldn't be able to stand the stress of marriage wt school, (which is very understandable). Inside that 70percent, 50percent were bold enough to tell me dem go like marry now if dey see who will marry them,some say make introduce them to my husband frnds (god forbid lol).... That 29percent, dem go dey der dey vex, I go born 3children leave them, it's my first daughter that would be their chief bridesmaid when they are marrying at 40 - dey vex after dey don insult my decision finish.... So my dear, if ur guy is understanding, go for it. I wouldn't advice you to hold off on the child bearing till u finish school- make God bless you as he wan take bless you. Mk e no bi say after person don go the school finish, the person would be going from one crusade to another looking for "fruit of the womb".
Oh btw, I was the first of my classmates in uni that got married. After I did, 3 others followed so now, we many for class

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice / Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.