Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:39 AM

Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. (25031 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Photo Of MKO Abiola And Dele Alake After 1993 Elections / In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by eaglechild: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
Gbawe:

Things are surely looking up after the "Locust years" of the PDP. If talent, in administration, continues to replace talent then the rapid development of the SW is a foregone conclusion. SW Governors are all working hard and healthy competition is now spurring the sort of development and infrastructural delivery that past PDP leaders categorically stated was impossible to contemplate let alone achieve in the SW.

Below, as an example, is the planned Abeokuta City Centre representing the sort of development that will see Ogun join Lagos, Accra et al as an African City State. Exciting times.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/08/16/nigerian-state-plans-africas-tallest-building/

Is that Abeokuta in 3030?.

The render is, shabby.
What do the cream "matchboxes" represent?

2 Likes

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Italiano1: 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
igbo boy:

FKK is this you?

My question to you is who is FKK? Do you mean FFK?
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by igboboy1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
Italiano1:

My question to you is who is FKK? Do you mean FFK?

Obviously the Fani Kayode guy.. Dont know his middle initials whether na F abi na K e no really matter as long as you get the gist.

Is this you oga sir? Your write ups are similar to FKK abi na FFK...hmmmm
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Aregbesola's aims and objectives of development in Osun State:

To promote quality living for the lives Osun & Yoruba people .......and also to promote chaos & madness in the camp of Ndigbos on NL FOR EVERY DEVELOPMENT VISIONS STRIDES !!!

Ride on Aregbe!!!..... We love you for this dawn vision, especially for your effect @ the bolded !!!

4 Likes

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by delpee(f): 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Good idea if the project will be completed.

I still wonder why Ogbeni is merging schools and closing down a very old and popular school just to create space for shoprite ( according to some people). Not such a wise decision especially with this new angle of "mall terrorism".
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Italiano1: 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
igbo boy:

Obviously the Fani Kayode guy.. Dont know his middle initials whether na F abi na K e no really matter as long as you get the gist.

Is this you oga sir? Your write ups are similar to FKK abi na FFK...hmmmm

Please I will advise you to face your education or relocate to Lagos.

In the SW, anyone that has passed their O'Level English writes well.

1 Like

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Melancholy(m): 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
sawhite: mumu he is right
u both are rambler.Besides,aregbe never solicites for ur advise. maybe u don't know, misplacement of priority is never in his project file.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by igboboy1(m): 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:
Aregbesola's aims and objectives of development in Osun State:

To promote quality living for the lives Osun & Yoruba people .......and also to promote chaos & madness in the camp of Ndigbos on NL FOR EVERY DEVELOPMENT VISIONS STRIDES !!!

Ride on Aregbe!!!..... We love you for this dawn vision, especially for your effect @ the bolded !!!
akuko...thats what it is, mere Akuko.
Ride on Aregbe, we love you.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by igboboy1(m): 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Italiano1:

Please I will advise you to face your education or relocate to Lagos.

In the SW, anyone that has passed their O'Level English writes well.

ummm nah i'll pass on the advise.
My name is not Johnny English so wetin concern me? Na "writing" I wan chop.

At least I no dey beg you for food, you no dey cloth me, you no dey give me money so forget the English Marra.
PLease be proud of Ijebu education and writing and stop promoting Western Education because it has been sanctioned by BH.

Bia wetin dey the lagos or the SW that i should relocate?
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by iamlukky(m): 12:15am On Sep 27, 2013
hapholahbi: Let's be sincere with ourselve, osun state is not ripe for this, there are better things ogbeni should embark on..how many folks in osun travels by air talkless of a flight ticket.

Enemy of Progress, U, eh U, what have u ripe for Oro jati jati
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by iamlukky(m): 12:23am On Sep 27, 2013
Paul John:

It will mainly be for cargo and may be for passenger in festive periods

who be dis, u for say it will be only for passengers and maybe for cargo during the festive period... Nonsense tak
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Afam4eva(m): 1:53am On Sep 27, 2013
Riba_man:

Go sit down joor!
Following your logic and reasoning, the Eastern Seaboard of the USA for dey experience plane crashes every day.
Can you compare the size and economy of the Eastern seaboard of the USA?
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by smithjanetstore: 2:40am On Sep 27, 2013
@OMOLUABIS ATI GBOGBO OMO ILE YORUBA LAPAPO ITS SEEMS YOU PEOPLE DONT KNOW SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER FOR A FOOL SOMETHING KEEPS BOTHERING ME I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND WHY IGBOS ARE ALWAYS JEALOUS OF YOURUBAS OGA OOOOOOO

1 Like

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by madamoringo(f): 3:42am On Sep 27, 2013
Imagine the people crying the most on this thread! Osun State people and the entire Yorubas are happy and supportive of this strategic move of Governor Aregbesola and if all that is needed is more traffic, it will surely come! We will patronize our people, there are lots of things to do in Osun and it will only get better! The festivals and tourism potential in Osun State alone will bring thousands per year and imagine if those flying from into Nigeria know that from Lagos, they can take another flight to Osun State direct for about $200! How much better would that be for them? Suddenly, a new avenue and outlet for economic activity and prosperity. Companies that want to invest and have identified the State as a target need only one flight of 45 minutes or so, and will have a few days to spare to visit the museums and tourist centers. Ife is the cradle of the Yoruba race, and in a few years time a lot of foreign born Yorubas will be more curious to know about their roots and go and see the place! There are about 40 M Yorubas in Nigeria, population of Brazil (a lot with Yoruba roots is about 200 M), population of Cuba (11 Million), plus historians, tourists. If the airport only serves 500,000 flights in a year with a revenue of only $200 per person, that is $100,000,000 = N 16,000,000,000 (N 16 Billion). Reduce that by a factor of 2, 3, 4 and at N 4 B per year, for an appreciating asset this is a superior investment decision.

In any case, the state is raking in about N 1. 6 B per month already and I hope they can finish the airport before the second term of the governor and massively invest in opportunities that will improve the tourism potential, agriculture, manufacturing and education sectors of the economy! Imagine Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti and Ondo all self-sustaining financially and whatever small change comes from the FG, we just put that to good use for our Yoruba peoples too! Na when Naija goes belly-up, we will step up the monetization of our assets by taxing all non-native Yorubas for the privilege of having a resident permit in our country (no citizenship, sorry).

3 Likes

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by MostIncredibleDFirst: 4:23am On Sep 27, 2013
Italiano1:

This is the problem with the of lack of critical analysis fundamentally missing in the Nigerian educational system- the system continually breeds half baked graduates that can not reason deeply but just gladly spew their ignorance at every opportunity- no offense intended but it is becoming a crisis situation

How is the poverty level and the so called non existent middle class in Osun state different from the Nigerian state as a whole?

OK:

1. Osun state is opening up its market for international and national investors who will find it more conducive to travel by air to the state rather than by road- so it benefits them and the state by the resultant investments. While Governor Obi is making daily visits to Abuja, Ogbeni Aregbe is making a convincing business case for inward FDI in Osun State. Why wont foreign investors prefer a 30 minute flight from Lagos rather than a 3 hour journey by road?

2. Osun state attracts more international tourism than the whole SE combined, for example the number of international visitors that attended the Osun Osogbo festival in 2013 is more than those that have stepped foot in the whole SE in the last 10 years. An airport will make their journey less onerous and benefit the economy of Osun state. The economic effect of that alone will triple the GDP of a lot of SE states in the long run- Fact!

3. As a result of the aforementioned, it will gradually reduce the poverty level and increase the disposable income of the Osun state people which will eventually widen the middle class population.

Next?

You spew fake statistics to deceive block-heads like you and also to cause your fellow osunites 2hav a feel good sprit. But sacred facts are that:
1. Osun state has no respectable place in d comity-of-states in Nigeria.
2. Osun state has a high rate of poverty wit d inhabitants largely agrarian and illiterates.
3. The Osun festival is one which attracts mainly peasants and some Ifa idol worshippers 4m osun n other places in yorubaland.
4. Osun festival has neither the finess to attract international tourists, nor can it be compared wit a high-profile festival like d Calabar Carnival which attracts over 10 million tourists globally.
5. Osun state (unlike Lagos and Akwa Ibom) has NO tourism infrastructure to support foreign tourists. Infrastructures such as: standard hotels let alone "FIVE STAR HOTELS ", let alone beaches, or cinemas, or even well-paved city roads are non-existent. Osun state has no tourism potential.
6. Economic-wise, Osun states comparative advantage is in cocoa plantation and not tourism.
I can go on and on and on. And these are all sacred FACTS.

1 Like

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by MostIncredibleDFirst: 5:21am On Sep 27, 2013
madam_oringo: If the airport only serves 500,000 flights in a year with a revenue of only $200 per person, that is $100,000,000 = N 16,000,000,000 (N 16 Billion). Reduce that by a factor of 2, 3, 4 and at N 4 B per year, for an appreciating asset this is a superior investment decision.
If by your calculation, Osun state wud be receiving an annual revenue of 16 billion naira from that airport, how much money wud you then say commercial airlines wud make from using the airport?
KEEP FOOLING YOURSELVES.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 5:46am On Sep 27, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:

3. The Osun festival is one which attracts mainly peasants and some Ifa idol worshippers 4m osun n other places in yorubaland.
4. Osun festival has neither the finess to attract international tourists, nor can it be compared wit a high-profile festival like d Calabar Carnival which attracts over 10 million tourists globally.
5. Osun state (unlike Lagos and Akwa Ibom) has NO tourism infrastructure to support foreign tourists. Infrastructures such as: standard hotels let alone "FIVE STAR HOTELS ", let alone beaches, or cinemas, or even well-paved city roads are non-existent. Osun state has no tourism potential.
6. Economic-wise, Osun states comparative advantage is in cocoa plantation and not tourism.
I can go on and on and on. And these are all sacred FACTS.

The level of ignorance you people display on the internet is very disheartening makes you want to weep for Nigeria and her sorry and pitiful education system, even basic social studies knowledge eludes many of you.

Is it possible not to have what you are know for and what your own federal government actually make millions from by selling tickets to tourists in Osun to visit tourist sites and National landmarks.

Osun grove is a UNESCO declared World Heritage Site which is what tourists all over the world look for to visit and they have dedicated resort centers for tourists. The site is home to rare animals and over 450 species of rare plants.

Your own Federal Government declared the grove a national monument way back in 1965 and they still make millions every year from ticket sales tourists.

There are hundreds of tourist cluster sites in Osun state alone and they have tons of beautiful hotels in Osun state and I'll post pics gan sef..

Radisson Group already lining up a 5-star resort and golf course in Abere, Osogbo, the Osun State capital, and which could see its formal unveiling this year or latest the first quarter of next year,

While preliminary construction work has taken off in Abere, Osogbo, Chinese[b] contractors for the Radisson Hotel & Golf Course in the area said last year that the project would take close to 18 months to complete and complement the already existing MicCom Hotel $ Golf course.

The hotel, which has among other facilities, an 18-hole Golf course, is jointly owned by the Osun state government and IFC Limited, a private company which has concerns in Nigeria and overseas.

The 120 - room hotel which is designed by Compact Project Consultants, Radisson Oshogbo is crafted to meet today's global hospitality standards. [/b] http://hotelier.typepad.com/hotelier/2010/01/as-the-global--recession-bears-down-on-capital-intensive-projects-all-around-the-world-the--hotel-industry-is-said-to-b.html

So tell me, why is Radison investing so much money in Osun?

I know I call many of you people illiterates, but you really do act like illiterates for real..

3 Likes

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 5:50am On Sep 27, 2013

One of the latest finalised projects is the construction of a luxurious 120 room hotel and golf resort which also includes an estate of 200 villas in Osogbo, Osun state. This is a public and private partnership (PPP) together with the Osun State Government. We were able to secure the finance required of 40 million USD and sign a management and contract agreement with Radisson GROUP. The golf course and villa complex will be designed and constructed by GDI holdings, a well known international design company based in South Africa.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 6:02am On Sep 27, 2013

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2350804-d2281387-Reviews-Zenababs_Half_Moon_Resort-Ilesa_Osun_State.html

^^^^^ That's a tourist resort in OSUN from tripadvisor.

Read the reviews too...
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by MostIncredibleDFirst: 6:06am On Sep 27, 2013
agbameta:

So out of the few tourism infrastructures i listed above, which a place with tourism potentials should ordinarily have, you were only able to tout a kpako non-existent "120-room" hotel whose paper-drawings will be completed in 3030. AMALA-YORUBAs, KEEP FOOLING YOURSELVES.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 6:06am On Sep 27, 2013
Other people from outside not only know more about your culture than you Nigerians, they even appreciate it more than you and they are willing to leave their own country and fly to your own country to enjoy it and boost your economy with their tourist dollars..

I just which you illiterates and jokers with zero knowledge about your own country's culture and heritage STFU sometimes...

2 Likes

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 6:13am On Sep 27, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
So out of few tourism infrastructures i listed above, which a place with tourism potentials ought to have you were only able to tout a non-existent hotel whose paper-drawings will be completed in 3030. AMALA-YORUBA, KEEP FOOLING YOURSELVES.

You said below...

Osun state (unlike Lagos and Akwa Ibom) has NO tourism infrastructure to support foreign tourists. Infrastructures such as: standard hotels let alone "FIVE STAR HOTELS

The question is, why is a world famous 5 star hotel chain like Radisson investing in a 5 star hotel in Osun state? Just why? Are you smarter and do you have better access to more tourism economy knowledge than raddison?

Your gross display of illiteracy and the usual crass and crude NL routine means nothing to me so feel free to swim in your own ignorance and stupidity, nothing new, your type come a dime a dozen on NL..

4 Likes

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:07am On Sep 27, 2013
agbameta:

You said below...

Is that all that you were able to quote from my thought-provoking speech? Please go back there and quote everything in that paragraph, n stop selecting what to quote from my speech.
agbameta:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2350804-d2281387-Reviews-Zenababs_Half_Moon_Resort-Ilesa_Osun_State.html

^^^^^ That's a tourist resort in OSUN from tripadvisor.

Read the reviews too...
agbameta:

Yes, I have visited the link you shared and this is what I saw
Zenababs Half Moon Resort
Prince Oladele Olashore
Way | Ijebujesa Rd, Ilo-
Aiyegunle, Ilesa, Nigeria
Avg. price/night: $55 - $75
Number of rooms: 30
Hahahaha ha ha ha ha. Dude, THIS IS NOT A FIVE-STAR HOTEL. THIS IS A CHEAP 2-STAR MOTEL Of ONLY 30 ROOMS. You can continue to fool yourself.

ALSO:

“ Basic but not adequate” Ratings 3.0 of 5
Jun 9, 2013 Sangeev
In terms of global
standards Zenababs will rank quite low. Zenababs is located on a very large
piece of land that has both accommodation as well as event facilities.
Accommodation is basic but clean. Service is
adequate. Food is limited in choice and basic in preparation. Gym equipment does not work all the time".
THIS MAN WHO WAS A GUEST AT THE HOTEL SAW IT ALL, AND HAVE SAID IT ALL. I HAVE NOTHING TO ADD.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THE LINK.

1 Like

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:07am On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Jobos(m): 7:09am On Sep 27, 2013
veraponpo:

When you think of economic development, it should always be seen holistically. There is no place that pushes tourism more than Osun State with over 20 tourists-bound locations in Osun State, the best the governor can do is to create a conducive environment that will make transportation-air, road, rail, etc accessible and attractive to the tourists.

When Chief Obafemi Awolowo built cocoa house, Nigeria was a small village then, when he brought first television to Ibadan, France did not have TV, South Africa, Brazil,etc did not have it. So you don't have to think of now alone, always think of the future too.

Better be proactive than reactive...

Ogbeni is on course...
You are a good public affairs analyst, remain blssed .
Osun a dara oooOoo

1 Like

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 7:11am On Sep 27, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
[s]Is that all that you were able to quote from my thought-provoking speech? Please go back there and quote everything in that paragraph, n stop selecting what to quote from my speech. Yes, I have visited the link you shared and this is what I saw Hahahaha ha ha ha ha. Dude, THIS IS NOT A FIVE-STAR HOTEL. THIS IS A CHEAP 2-STAR MOTEL Of ONLY 30 ROOMS. You can continue to fool yourself.

ALSO:

THIS MAN WHO WAS A GUEST AT THE HOTEL SAW IT ALL, AND HAVE SAID IT ALL. I HAVE NOTHING TO ADD.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THE LINK.[/s]

You said below...

Osun state (unlike Lagos and Akwa Ibom) has NO tourism infrastructure to support foreign tourists. Infrastructures such as: standard hotels let alone "FIVE STAR HOTELS

The question is, why is a world famous 5 star hotel chain like Radisson investing in a 5 star hotel in Osun state? Just why? Are you smarter and do you have better access to more tourism economy knowledge than raddison?

Your gross display of illiteracy and the usual crass and crude NL routine means nothing to me so feel free to swim in your own ignorance and stupidity, nothing new, your type come a dime
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:24am On Sep 27, 2013
Isn't it ironic, sad and pitiful that the only hotel in osun state which osunites can boast-of or brag-about is a CHEAP 30-ROOM 2-STAR MOTEL? Who would then use the airport which osun governor is touting when it is completed in year 3030?
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 7:25am On Sep 27, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
Isn't it ironic, sad and pitiful that the only hotel in osun state which osunites can boast-of or brag-about is a CHEAP 30-ROOM 2-STAR MOTEL? Who would then use the airport which osun governor is touting when it is completed in year 3030?

You said below...

Your gross display of illiteracy and the usual crass and crude NL routine means nothing to me so feel free to swim in your own ignorance and stupidity, nothing new, your type come a dime
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Jobos(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Ode from Remo, your people are now prospering, massive development everywhere, that is the hand work of President Jonathan love for the Yorubas, be grateful.
You sister minister use her position to renovate Enugu airport.
Yet the airport is about to be closed down.

Igbo people should think rather than condemning others
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 7:32am On Sep 27, 2013
Btw, I do remember you, you are the Akwa Ibom villager loser posting worthless computer image of some silly airport.

No wonder, you are one of Akpabio's dummies....

What a losers..
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Jobos(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2013
agbameta:

The level of ignorance you people display on the internet is very disheartening makes you want to weep for Nigeria and her sorry and pitiful education system, even basic social studies knowledge eludes many of you.

Is it possible not to have what you are know for and what your own federal government actually make millions from by selling tickets to tourists in Osun to visit tourist sites and National landmarks.

Osun grove is a UNESCO declared World Heritage Site which is what tourists all over the world look for to visit and they have dedicated resort centers for tourists. The site is home to rare animals and over 450 species of rare plants.

Your own Federal Government declared the grove a national monument way back in 1965 and they still make millions every year from ticket sales tourists.

There are hundreds of tourist cluster sites in Osun state alone and they have tons of beautiful hotels in Osun state and I'll post pics gan sef..

So tell me, why is Radison investing so much money in Osun?

I know I call many of you people illiterates, but you really do act like illiterates for real..
@agbameta; don't strain your intellectual ability with those jacker, majority of them are Omata boys (spare part dealer)

3 Likes

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:52am On Sep 27, 2013
Osun State, or State of Osun as the Governor would call it, has tourist sites that attract foreigners. Besides, Ile-Ife, believed to be where the world was created, is in the state. No state attracts foreign tourists like Osun State. The location of an international airport in the state is for the convinience of tourists.
Oya bus driver take me to Lagere, where I will take okada to where Opa Oranmiyan is located in Ondo Road, which will be inaugurated today and tomorrow as a world heritage site by the Ooni of Ife, Alaayelua, Oba Okunade Sijuade, the Olubuse 2.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 People Dead In APC Lagos House Of Assembly Primaries / Nigerian Army Recaptures And Patrols Baga (Video) / Tinubu Is A Priceless Asset To APC – PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.