Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? (4762 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Why Can't Nigerian Girls Have This Kind Of Tummy? / Why Can't Nigerian Men Behave Themselves? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by ayomifull(f): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2008
I was stranded at the tram station because my cc was not accepted by the machine, i spoke with one of the inspectors who decided to buy me the ticket from his purse and he did not ask what my name is.
Few times i have had to stop at fuel station to inflate my tyres and had to ask guys to help me with it they usually do that and go their way.
I had to change my tyre one very cold evening and asked a male passing by to help with it, because of the cold he asked me to sit in the car while he fixed the spare tyre for me, he didnt ask to know me better
I had a heavy luggage sometimes and while alighting from the plane a guy offered to carry it for me out of the airport and he was ok with just thank you.
I was asking a guy who was driving a space bus for direction while it was raining and despite that it wasnt his way he offered to drop me there and he didnt ask where i live. ALL these guys are foreigners.

Now, i remember very well that while at home i have had to ask for similar favours from men and if they do such favour they will end with either wanting to know you better, asking where you live, where you school, your phone no and generally the next thing is they want to go out with you, infact a very close family friend who also was my teacher in the sunday school promised to help me out of a tight financial situation sometimes ago and when i went for it he told me to sleep over with him or he would not be able to help me, i had to take a 'lift' back to school and the 'good samaritan' who gave me the lift also did not go without taking my name and address so he could visit and that brought the question 'cant Nigerian men do females favour for free?'
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Mesmerize(f): 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2008
what?
summary plz smiley
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by proo212(m): 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2008
Summary? We cannot help a women without an ulterior motive.

So the few men you have encountered mean all Naija guys will want to get to know you better after they've helped you? Whatever makes your generalizations sound solid, you're welcome to it.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Pataki: 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2008
WOMEN! WOMEN!! WOMEN!!!

If the man does not help, he is not a gentleman.

If he helps you, he wants something in return.

If he does not ask for your contact details, you will begin to ask yourselves why is he not showing interest in me? Am I not beautiful and attractive enough.

The foreigners who may have helped you, am sure are most likely to be whites, whose preference for attraction in women may not be African women.

I know we MEN can do things overboard when responding to such situations of help from the opposite sex, however I also know you WOMEN have your ways of not not encouraging a man to proceed on further when you are not interested in such MEN.

Next time such happens in matters of requesting for your contact, give them a fake address and mobile no. It is that difficult to do.

Right? grin
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by hardknocks(m): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2008
Take it or leave it.
Thats wat makes we nigerians special and different.
Very calculative. grin

Have u 4gotten that We nigerians give foreigners the best of hospitality than you can find anywhere?
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by obailala(m): 2:29pm On Jun 26, 2008
WOMEN! WOMEN!! WOMEN!!!

If the man does not help, he is not a gentleman.

If he helps you, he wants something in return.

If he does not ask for your contact details, you will begin to ask yourselves why is he not showing interest in me? Am I not beautiful and attractive enough.

some girls actually ask for the favour just to be noticed by the guys. I've personally experienced this. Guys also do this alot.

When a girl goes to a guy for a favour, the guy may just ask for her details just to please her (incase that's what she wanted). I do this but most times, i end up not calling or visiting afterwards.

Secondly, what if the girl was a really attractive chick, this could be my lucky day (this comes to d mind of most guys). What do u expect me to do?? sit back and act a gentleman?? no way!!

I understand how u girls feel wen guys want to take advantage of ur slightest misfortune; next time, if d guy doesnt look reasonable enough, give him wrong details.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by sistawoman: 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2008
Like Chris Rock says everytime a guy offers to help he is offering dick:

every guy you met
has been trying to Bleep you.

That's right.
Women are offered dick every day.

Every woman in here,

gets offered dick at least three times a week.

Three times a day, shit!

That's right,
every time a man's being nice to you,

all he's doing is offering dick.
That's all it is.

''Can l get that for you?
How about some dick?''

''Could l help you with that?
Could l help you to some dick?

That is all men think about getting thier d,cks wet. Just give them the rejection hotline number http://rejectionhotline.net/numbers.aspx
they will get the message.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Bukittes(f): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2010
Sorry Ayo, Naija guys can't do it for free. Its not just in their upbringing. I think if they do sef, their mothers will beat them when they get homw and give her a recap of events. They are not permitted to be nice just for free. No no no no no no no! They are not gentlemen!
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by TeeJay6(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
the poster is a yeye woman jare, an attention seeker, only you dont have train ticket, your tyre punctured, u dey carry heavy load aha are you the only one? or you are just trying to get attention?
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Flashfast1: 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2010
Tee_Jay:

the poster is a yeye woman jare, an attention seeker, only you dont have train ticket, your tyre punctured, u dey carry heavy load aha are you the only one? or you are just trying to get attention?
laffs. . . .Na wa for this chic o. Na every thing them go do for you? Shey make man even wash your . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by googles: 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2010
Tee_Jay:

[size=13pt]you asked exactly wat was on my mind ?? ha ha na wa for u o bbz [/size]
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2010
Why should it be men doing all the 'helping', free or not. I'd genuinely help an obviously disadvantaged person (elderly people, children, disabled, etc.) for free. Or even do it for a fellow bruv in need. But for some vain chick, what nonsense. Any sort of 'free' help on them is a huge waste; worse, they might even call you a mugu.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by chukz4real(m): 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]you asked exactly wat was on my mind ?? ha ha na wa for u o bbz [/size]

The other day, the poster' g-string fell off her waist. The white samaritan man picked it up, raised her flowing long skirt up and wore her the panty without looking at her and asking any question, if it were to be Nigerian guys, they would have opened their eyes wide while wearing her the panty! lipsrsealed
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Flashfast1: 12:46pm On Mar 16, 2010
chukz4real:

The other day, the poster' g-string fell off her waist. The white samaritan man picked it up, raised her flowing long skirt up and wore her the panty without looking at her and asking any question, if it were to be Nigerian guys, they would have opened their eyes wide while wearing her the panty! lipsrsealed
laffing n rolling on the floor. . .
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by kpolli(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2010
okada men give directions for free, without asking for girls numbers
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by benz190: 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2010
^^

yes

if it aint my man Kpolli!

gud talk kpolli good talk!
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2010
well 4rm your story i'll actually say,  madam haven't u ever tought of getting a maid or a butcher??
u've had a lot of pple helping u do a lot of things,  grin grin grin grin
haven't said that my point of view,
well nigerian men have in their DNA a nucleo that make them ask the contact 2 anything that's got the 222
and that is
2 legs
2 booobs
2 tighs,
with these 4sure u aint save among them,
even when they buy things in the store and take a very good look at the sales girl they'll definately ask her her number, adress, where she from worst than a police officer,
and then the part that baffles me the most,
"baby it was just destiny/luck/God that sent me here 2 admire this pretty/beauty, 2 be the witness of your beauty/gorgeousness,  mennn baby i really want 2 know u more/ i'd like 2 feel u better/ can we be freinds?/i want 2 be more than a friend 2 u,  damn baby i think i've just fallen in love/ i love u more than anything/ in shot baby my heart has just started beaten for u/ i know we just get 2 know our selvrs but i swear that it seems that i've known u for ever, " BLA BLA BLA, 
Nigerian men do u have a guide book where u get these words
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2010
chukz4real:

The other day, the poster' g-string fell off her waist. The white samaritan man picked it up, raised her flowing long skirt up and wore her the panty without looking at her and asking any question,  if it were to be Nigerian guys, they would have opened their eyes wide while wearing her the panty! lipsrsealed
would they have worn her the pants even self?
i think smthg would have stuck in between the girls legs instead
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2010
pro01:

Why should it be men doing all the 'helping', free or not. I'd genuinely help an obviously disadvantaged person (elderly people, children, disabled, etc.) for free. Or even do it for a fellow bruv in need. But for some vain chick, what nonsense. Any sort of 'free' help on them is a huge waste; worse, they might even call you a mugu.
mmmmmm
brother u seriously need a girl, hw could u possibly think that helping a girl is a waste of time??
i undersatnd that there is no longer the myth of the knight in shining armor who helps the girl in trouble in Nigeria but u're exaggerating a bitdon't u think
I know there are many girls who use this trick just to aborde men but be careful too not be cynical, undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by chukz4real(m): 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2010
3ndy:

would they have worn her the pants even self?
i think smthg would have stuck in between the girls legs instead

I wonder! shocked
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 3:49pm On Mar 16, 2010
chukz4real:

I wonder! shocked
u wonder?
sure just ask any of ur friends wot the'll do if they met a naked girl lying on the floor
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by smooooooth: 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2010
you may not blive this, but some 9ja guys do this things for free, at least i know i do it. several times i've seen ladies dragging heavy luggages, i help them, i help women with their tyres, when they have a car break down, in lagos traffic, i allow women get in line, i still open doors for women, even yesterday i helped a girl with t-fare go home, and she just asked me at the bus-stop i dnt know her b4, and i dont ask for numbers or addy, blive me if i see these ladies anywhere i wont even recognise them. i just cant stand seeing ladies do tedious stuff. once told my ex to stop pounding yam for me, but she wont listen.

my family and friends always say i'm not meant to be an African dou.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2010
smooooooth:

you may not blive this, but some 9ja guys do this things for free, at least i know i do it. several times i've seen ladies dragging heavy luggages, i help them, i help women with their tyres, when they have a car break down, in lagos traffic, i allow women get in line, i still open doors for women, even yesterday i helped a girl with t-fare go home, and she just asked me at the bus-stop i dnt know her b4, and i dont ask for numbers or addy, blive me if i see these ladies anywhere i wont even recognise them. i just cant stand seeing ladies do tedious stuff. once told my ex to stop pounding yam for me, but she wont listen.

my family and friends always say i'm not meant to be an African dou.
well if that's not a lie then u're 1 in a million dude
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Udiculus(m): 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2010
Hey girl,d fact dat one egg is bad does not make a whole crate of eggs bad.your practical experiment is not yet a theory because a man offering u an assistance nd all he thinks is 2 take advantage of u doesn't mean all Nigerian men are like dat.Even a saying make it clear dat among d good lies the bad,so what has being happening 2 u is what i call unfortunate situation dat is when u were needing help,it was d bad guy dat responded so dont condemn all just because of a few.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 16, 2010
Now, i remember very well that while at home i have had to ask for similar favours from men and if they do such favour they will end with either wanting to know you better, asking where you live, where you school, your phone no and generally the next thing is they want to go out with you, infact a very close family friend who also was my teacher in the sunday school promised to help me out of a tight financial situation sometimes ago and when i went for it he told me to sleep over with him or he would not be able to help me, i had to take a 'lift' back to school and the 'good samaritan' who gave me the lift  also did not go without taking my name and address so he could visit and that brought the question 'cant Nigerian men do females favour for free?'

So trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's rare you find someone who does not want to 'get to know you better'.
Every woman is a potential date. grin
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Areaboy2(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2010
Any man that doest show interest to ask for your details doesnt find you attractive,  Short and simple,

you should be happy ppl are asking to know u better,

and if i may, what is so wrong about guys trying to "know u better" after helping you??

Meh, the things ppl term bad in this country is just shocking

like i always say, good and bad is only determined by ppl and place,

so wat is good and what is bad?? think about it
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2010
Udiculus:

Hey girl,d fact dat one egg is bad does not make a whole crate of eggs bad.your practical experiment is not yet a theory because a man offering u an assistance nd all he thinks is 2 take advantage of u doesn't mean all Nigerian men are like dat.Even a saying make it clear dat among d good lies the bad,so what has being happening 2 u is what i call unfortunate situation dat is when u were needing help,it was d bad guy dat responded so dont condemn all just because of a few.
very true, but if these few keeps popping up my believe of the create of eggs starts shading away
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2010
Area_boy:

Any man that doest show interest to ask for your details doesnt find you attractive,  Short and simple,

you should be happy ppl are asking to know u better,
oh my dear very wrong, very very wrong,
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2010
3ndy:

very true, but if these few keeps popping up my believe of the create of eggs starts shading away

They are not few o.
Go to the banks or even Nepa offices. They help you to do something, you are now entitled to give them your number. grin
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Areaboy2(m): 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
3ndy:

oh my dear very wrong,  very very wrong,

how can i be wrong, would i ask you out if i dont find you attractive?? undecided
answer that and quote me again
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
stillwater:

They are not few o.
Go to the banks or even Nepa offices. They help you to do something, you are now entitled to give them your number. grin
grin grin grin grin
but aimè,
i live in italy, not in Nigeria and my experience are based on the nigerians abroad
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2010
Area_boy:

how can i be wrong, would i ask you out if i dont find you attractive?? undecided
answer that and quote me again
no u wouldn't ask me out,
and neither would u help me,
so we'll just not meet at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can U Marry A Lady That Is A Glutton? / Could This Be True Love? [photo] / See What Guys Now Wear To Deceive Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.