Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders (8317 Views)

Bukola Saraki's 53rd Birthday Party And Cake / 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day / Happy 53rd Birthday To Diezani Alison-madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Solozzo(m): 12:00am On Oct 01, 2013
I wish all Nairalanders happy independence day. Remember to pray for peace, progress and unity for Nigeria today. Remember as the new Nigeria year begins to contribute your own quota to help this country develop

God bless Nigeria. 53 gbosas to Nigeria!!

3 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by dexzi(f): 12:05am On Oct 01, 2013
hapi hapi hapi hapi indepedence 2 my 1daful nation NIGERIA and 2 evry1.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by dexzi(f): 12:05am On Oct 01, 2013
hapi hapi hapi hapi independence 2 my 1daful nation NIGERIA and 2 evry1.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by EzePromoe: 12:14am On Oct 01, 2013
HAPPY OILDEPENDENCE

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Dibiachukwu: 12:39am On Oct 01, 2013
dexzi:

bros go 2 bed mayb wen u wake up dat ogogoro go clear u 4 eyes. dat a gud advice 4rm a frnd. (Olodo)
I am not your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 01, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
I am not your friend.
get a life

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 01, 2013
breaks down and sobs*independence indeed

3 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 01, 2013
Harbosede02: lipsrsealed
your chest sha bam o
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Csami(m): 2:43am On Oct 01, 2013
The question is, what are we celebrating?
For me, nothing tangible. No loot, no light(to even watch them on tv), no good feeling and somebody is saying happy independence when we still depend on oil.
Happy independence sha, a country at 53 and in this sorry state....i no know wetin to call am o!

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by CaptJHMiller: 9:16am On Oct 01, 2013
everybody is condeming and mentioning the woes. Which I do not deny but common people!

Lemmi I ask a sincere question?
Hopefully I get sincere answers.

How many of us woke up today and put nigeria and our leaders in prayer? How many of us dedicated today to fast? Dosent matter what you believe in might not believe in a higher enitity, maybe go over dowins theory book.. Just something any effort!?

Its no secrete we are in a sorry state in this country, but if we do not stand for ourselves who do we expect to do that for us?

6 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by deols(f): 9:17am On Oct 01, 2013
I dont see the need for a celebration but if anyone brings independence cake to me, I will eat.

so, you all, how is it going at your end.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Boll2010: 9:18am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy mediocre day to nigeria...sumwhr in the country a cake is gettin cut

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by curtain: 9:18am On Oct 01, 2013
THE ONLY REASON OF CELEBRATING TODAY IS BECAUSE THIS MAY BE OUR LAST INDEPENDENCE-DAY-CELEBRATION AS NEGERIANS. THANKS GEJ FOR SELFLESSlY SETTING UP THE S.N.C COMMITTEE TODAY, DIALOGUE IS THE KEY.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by dotcomnamename: 9:18am On Oct 01, 2013
[size=25pt]NIGERIA 53 Years Report Card [/size]

[size=18pt]Electricity..............E8
Education.............E8
Prostitution..........A1
Good Road.............D7
Banking Sector......E8
Bombing...............A1.
Creativity..................D7
Telecommunication....E8
Security....................F9
Corruption...............A1
Cash Embezzlement.A1
Leadership.......F9
Job opportunity...F9
[/size]
Dis is serious. Is this not cary over?"

15 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by curtain: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2013
No amount of celebration can bring back the lives lost with impunity this year nor cure our hatred for each other.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by nneh1(f): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2013
NIGERIA 53 years report card
Electricity..............E8
Education.............E8
Prostitution..........A1
Good Road.............D7
Banking Sector......C5
Bombing...............A1.
Creativity..................D7
Telecommunication....C4
Security....................F9
Corruption...............A1
Cash Embezzlement.B3
Leadership.......F9
Job opportunity...F9
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
Dis is serious. Is this not cary over?

2 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2013
wow...53 years and nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by demelza: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2013
Will commenting here give me a golden iphone
Happy Independence sha
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by shachris02: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2013
My Nation, My pride. I love Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by yinkzzboy: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2013
SMH

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by demolaxy: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2013
What are we celebrating? @53. The number of negative pictures I have seen are overwhelming. Anyway, God Bless Nigeria.

Check my signature.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by seribroo56(m): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2013
Ehn en so 2dae na independence....

2 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by coolestboy(m): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2013
A Prayer For Naija.
Dear Father in Heaven, I pray for my country. You know, looking around there's not much to celebrate, to rejoice about, but I understand You don't want us to question Your infinite Wisdom when you placed us in Nigeria.
Father, I pray for Your wisdom, exactly what we need to move this country from the backwaters of backwardness. Forgive our people who want to eat the good of the land yet still curse the land, we want the best yet we wish the worst on ourselves. Lord, we are blind, open our eyes that we may see cursing our leaders doesn't solve the problem, killing our brothers and sisters, molesting our children and claiming tribal superiority is just evidence of our own wickedness. Yet we blame our leaders for the things we do. We have become very good at the latest and most popular game in Nigeria, the game called IT IS NOT MY FAULT.
Father, help us understand our leaders are very flawed human beings and not gods. Help us see that like us they make mistakes and mess things up. Help us understand that the solution doesn't come in looking for political heroes. But in looking up to you, in trusting you to work things out for our good.
Lord, it IS hard for me to wish my country a happy birthday. Because I haven't gotten much out of it. But I am going to do it all the same because I know that's what You want. You want me to believe the best about my nation even if I am seeing Her at Her worst. You want me to be like Jesus, to condemn less and love more.
Yes, so many things have failed and are failing in this country, but I am going to just trust that there is nothing impossible for You to fix. To do.
Father I thank You for how far we have come, I know it's only by Your grace that we are still together as a nation, despite our growing differences. Forgive those who work to divide and visit with judgement those who try to destabilize and destroy. Protect our women and children from monsters and animals on two feet and strengthen our men to work hard and honest for peace, for progress and prosperity. Help them fight the fight in smarter ways than butchery, looting and killing..
Lord, help us grow.
On behalf of my people,
Your son,
Coolestboy

7 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Hero10001: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2013
HAPPY 53rd (IN)DEPENDENCE DAY…...

I got this from a friend, it's worth readind..

I have enormous tracts of land & vast volumes of water, but cannot feed myself. So I spend $1 billion to import rice & another $2billion on milk. I produce rice, but don‘t eat it. I have millions of cows but no milk. I am 53, please celebrate me.
I drive the best cars in the world but have no roads, so I crush my best brains in the caverns, craters & crevasses they crash into daily. I am in unending mourning, please celebrate me.
My school has no teacher & my classroom has no roof. I take lectures listening through windows withouth Mega phone& live with 15 others in 1 room. All our Rich parents children & professors have gone abroad, & the rest are awaiting visas. I am a university/polytechnic graduate, but I am illiterate. I want a future, please celebrate me.
Preventable diseases send me to hospitals without doctors, drugs or power supply. All the nurses have gone abroad and the rest are waiting to go also. I have the highest maternal & infant mortality rate in the world; & future generations are dying before me. I am hopeless, hapless & helpless, please celebrate me.
For democracy‘s sake I stood all day on Election Day. But before I could ink my thumb, results had been broadcast. When I dared to speak out, silence was enthroned by bullets. My leaders are my oppressors, & my policemen are my terror. I am ruled by men inmufti, but I am not a democracy. I have no verve, no vote, no voice, please celebrate me.
Pen-wielding bandits have raided everything in my vaults. Pen are liable and guaranteed to steal more than Arm robbers (politicians ) They walk the land with haughty strides & fly the skies in private planes. They have looted the future of generations unborn; & have money they cannot spend in several lifetimes, but their brothers die of starvation. I want a kit of kindness, please celebrate me.
I can produce anything, but I import everything. So my toothpick is made in China; my toothpaste is made in South Africa; my saltis made in Ghana; my butter is made in Ireland; my milk is made in Holland; my shoe is made in Italy; my vegetable oil is made in Malaysia*** my biscuit is made in Indonesia; my chocolate is made in Turkey & my table water made in France. My taste is far-flung & foreign, please celebrate me.
I have genuine leather but choose to eat it. SoI spend billions of dollars to import fake leather. I have four refineries, but prefer to import fuel, so I waste more billions to importpetrol. I have no security in my country, but send troops to keep peace in another man‘s land yet bokoharam killed more than Millions In my dear country. I have hundreds of dams, but no water. So I drink ‘pure‘ water that roils my innards. I need a vision, please celebrate me.
I have a million candidates craving to enter universities, but my dungeons can only accommodate a tenth. I have no electric power, but choose to flare gas, so my people have learnt to see in the dark and stare at the glare of naked flares. I am shrouded by darkness, yet still aim to privatise Nepa please celebrate me.
For my golden jubilee, I shall spend 16 billion naira to bash around the bonfires of the banal. So what if the majority gaze at my possessed, frenzied dance; drenched in silent tears, as probity is enslaved in democracy‘s empty cellars? I am profligacy personified, please celebrate me.
Why can I not simply reflect and ponder? Does my complexion cloud the colour of my character? Does my location limit the lengths of my liberty? Does the spirit of my conviction shackle my soul? Does my mien maim the mine of my mind? And is failure worth celebrating?
I AM NIGERIA , PLEASE CELEBRATE ME @53rd

5 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Kelklein(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2013
#Nigeria@53

**dust my bed, lay my bedspread, tuck under my blanket**
reactivate sleep mode!

Happy independence everyone.

and lest I forget...does anyone know what is INDEPENDENCE?

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2013
It is time we stop living in dream. Independent is illusion and modern day exploitation. Nigeria is not celebrating any independent day.

HAPPY NEOCOLONIZATION DAY

2 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 01, 2013
50 golden Iphones to be distributed! Thank God am number 25 to comment. Independence my foot!
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by lifestyle1(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2013
undecided

If no be say my papa birthday na today....
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 01, 2013
If i hear!!! .....hapi indepedence ko, senseless anniversary ni!

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by djeezy(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2013
God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Hosts Physically Challenged Persons At The National Assembly / Pictures of People's Trust Olawepo Hashim's visit to Arewa Conservative Forum / IGBO BUSSINESS MEN: Sudden Wealth And Their Rituals -timothy Anietie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.