Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders (8327 Views)

Bukola Saraki's 53rd Birthday Party And Cake / 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day / Happy 53rd Birthday To Diezani Alison-madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by authority2006(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
Happy birthday to Nigeria, Happy birthday to my wife.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by KKImoh: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva: At least NEPA should give us like on this independence day. There hasn't been light since yesterday.
u see! And sm ppl would say hapi independence! For what? No light, even on oct. 1st.
2bad
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by jdilight(m): 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
2 men in prison looked out of the window, one saw mud and the other saw sky.
am seeing sky.
happy birthday my nigeria.
bravo nigeria @ 53.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by chiogoezubem(f): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
coolestboy: A Prayer For Naija.
Dear Father in Heaven, I pray for my country. You know, looking around there's not much to celebrate, to rejoice about, but I understand You don't want us to question Your infinite Wisdom when you placed us in Nigeria.
Father, I pray for Your wisdom, exactly what we need to move this country from the backwaters of backwardness. Forgive our people who want to eat the good of the land yet still curse the land, we want the best yet we wish the worst on ourselves. Lord, we are blind, open our eyes that we may see cursing our leaders doesn't solve the problem, killing our brothers and sisters, molesting our children and claiming tribal superiority is just evidence of our own wickedness. Yet we blame our leaders for the things we do. We have become very good at the latest and most popular game in Nigeria, the game called IT IS NOT MY FAULT.
Father, help us understand our leaders are very flawed human beings and not gods. Help us see that like us they make mistakes and mess things up. Help us understand that the solution doesn't come in looking for political heroes. But in looking up to you, in trusting you to work things out for our good.
Lord, it IS hard for me to wish my country a happy birthday. Because I haven't gotten much out of it. But I am going to do it all the same because I know that's what You want. You want me to believe the best about my nation even if I am seeing Her at Her worst. You want me to be like Jesus, to condemn less and love more.
Yes, so many things have failed and are failing in this country, but I am going to just trust that there is nothing impossible for You to fix. To do.
Father I thank You for how far we have come, I know it's only by Your grace that we are still together as a nation, despite our growing differences. Forgive those who work to divide and visit with judgement those who try to destabilize and destroy. Protect our women and children from monsters and animals on two feet and strengthen our men to work hard and honest for peace, for progress and prosperity. Help them fight the fight in smarter ways than butchery, looting and killing..
Lord, help us grow.
On behalf of my people,
Your son,
Coolestboy

Amen brother!!! That's the spirit. God bless Nigeria, my only country. Law of attraction says that if you issue nice and positive pronouncements to the universe, the universe will return nice and positive results to you, and vise versa. Therefore NLs, pllsss for once, bless our country no matter what evil has been wrath in and on it. Once again I say, God Bless Nigeria and God Bless My Fellow Nairalanders.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by bharyur2103(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
When shall we cease to deceive ourselves by celebrating this corruption-christened independence?Do we as nigerians truly and absolutely feel independent??...
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by bharyur2103(m): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
When shall we cease to deceive ourselves by celebrating this corruption-christened independence?Do we,as nigerians,truly and absolutely feel independent??...
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by iykofias(m): 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by NEROSKY(m): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
everybody is condeming and mentioning the woes. Which I do not deny but common people!

Lemmi I ask a sincere question?
Hopefully I get sincere answers.

How many of us woke up today and put nigeria and our leaders in prayer? How many of us dedicated today to fast? Dosent matter what you believe in might not believe in a higher enitity, maybe go over dowins theory book.. Just something any effort!?

Its no secrete we are in a sorry state in this country, but if we do not stand for ourselves who do we expect to do that for us?
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by NEROSKY(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
everybody is condeming and mentioning the woes. Which I do not deny but common people!

How many of us woke up today and put nigeria and our leaders in prayer? How many of us dedicated today to fast? Dosent matter what you believe in might not believe in a higher enitity, maybe go over dowins theory book.. Just something any effort!?

Its no secrete we are in a sorry state in this country, but if we do not stand for ourselves who do we expect to do that for us?

You mean we should pray for our leaders to die or change
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by lusen(m): 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Insulting Nigeria on Independence Day for not being like the USA is like insulting your father on his birthday for not being as rich as Dangote. Grow up! Be wise USA is more than 400 years, we are 53 and a bright future awaits us....upon how u hate nigeria reach,why u no go collect u.s/canada visa since?
Long Live Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by PECO4KING(m): 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
NIGERIA 53 years report card
Electricity.... ..........E8
Education...... .......E8
Prostitution... .......A1
Good Road........... ..D7
Banking Sector......E8
Bombing........ .......A1.
Creativity..... .............D7
Telecommunication....E8
Security....... .............F9
Corruption..... ..........A1
Cash Embezzlement.A1
Leadership..... ..........F9
Job opportunity.... .....F9........ .....
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
Happy indépendance day my brothers! smiley
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
Sybellah: Happy indépendance day my brothers! smiley

Where is my own wish?

Are still e-married? tongue

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Ibukune(m): 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=25pt]NIGERIA 53 Years Report Card [/size]

[size=18pt]Electricity..............E8
Education.............E8
Prostitution..........A1
Good Road.............D7
Banking Sector......E8
Bombing...............A1.
Creativity..................D7
Telecommunication....E8
Security....................F9
Corruption...............A1
Cash Embezzlement.A1
Leadership.......F9
Job opportunity...F9
[/size]
Dis is serious. Is this not cary over?"

Nigerians electricity is so bad, but u stii had light at least to post dis crap on nairaland.
Education is E8 yet u still complain of ASUU strike, meanin u r in a university, ur mates in Gambia don't hav one.
Prostitution is A1, are u a prostitute or u av a friend, sister, broda or relative who s one.
U complain of bad road because u could afford to transport ur self to somewhere or probably u own a car, ur mates in somalia,Syria, Iran and Iraq can't even do dat.
Telecommunication is bad but u could afford a phone, pc or laptop to update dis crap, probably or luckily u own a blackberry,iPhone or iPad, you should thank God for her, your mate in war torn zones of d world don't av dat privilege.

Nigeria isn't in her right position but I think we have reasons to thank God for her, she isn't doing well but she deserves our prayer and encouragement. Did u even pray for Nigeria today, u might not av d money to do a lot for her, but ur prayer could be all dats is needed to take her to where she should be, when u show her a problem, u are adding to it,but in ur lil way help her, encourage her,after all I think u owe Nigeria more than she owe u, God bless my motherland Nigeria.God bless u too bro

2 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Ibukune(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
jdilight: 2 men in prison looked out of the window, one saw mud and the other saw sky.
am seeing sky.
happy birthday my nigeria.
bravo nigeria @ 53.

Dats an optimist talkin, seein d cup half filled or half empty. God bless u bro
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Solozzo(m): 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2013
authority2006: Happy birthday to Nigeria, Happy birthday to my wife.

Today is not the birthday of Nigeria. Nigeria was born 99 years ago midwifed by Lord Lugard

Happy Independence Day o!!
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Pergrace: 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
God bless Nigeria
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by ezenwenyi1: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
Independence Message to Nigerians- Ezenwenyi
53Years of Independence.......happy celebration my country, my people. Let's celebrate ourselves and not our leaders, for they have failed us and we all know it,let the unity with which our founding fathers established this entity called Nigeria be upheld,less they cry in their golden graves seeing the HATE amongst us. Even though there is no unity in diversity,there can be diversity and peace. As we mark this day, let us all have a sober reflection of our wasted years, those years that our leaders would have used to develop Nigeria rather than enriching their 20th generation,those years as citizens we have lied about our revenue because we do not want to pay the right TAX, those years we have sold our VOTES for some Ghana Must Go backs. We can not continue this way, I beg for CHANGE. Let us change the way we LOOT as leaders,let us change the way we sabotage the economy as citizens, If the Government can not provide for us, let us provide for ourselves, if the POLICE can not safeguard our lives and properties let us do COMMUNITY WATCH, If we know they will rig elections let us stand up and say NO. Let's say NO to DRUGS, No to CORRUPTION, No to CHILD ABUSE. In all let's love one another. Remember that the affairs of Nigeria are piloted by the elite in their hidden chambers and until that stops there can never be CHANGE.

www.naijainfoweb..com
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Holadokun(m): 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
Insulting Nigeria on Independence Day for not
being like USA is like insulting your father on
his birthday for not being as rich as Dangote.
God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Piro4rl(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
happy 53 yrs celebration
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by TinyLyord: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
you cant be serious undecided
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by smartprince: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
NIGERIA 53 years report
card
Electricity..............F9
Education.............E8
Prostitution..........A1+
Good Road.............D7
Banking Sector......C5
Bombing...............A1+.
Creativity..................D7
Telecommunication....C4
Security....................F9
Corruption...............A1
Cash Embezzlement.B3
Leadership.......F9
Job opportunity...F9
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
Dis is serious. Is this not cary
over
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
shymexx:

Where is my own wish?

Are still e-married? tongue

Happy independence day to my invisible e-husband tongue, i don't recall of the e-divorce angry
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Dibiachukwu: 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
lusen: Insulting Nigeria on Independence Day for not being like the USA is like insulting your father on his birthday for not being as rich as Dangote. Grow up! Be wise USA is more than 400 years, we are 53 and a bright future awaits us....upon how u hate nigeria reach,why u no go collect u.s/canada visa since?
Long Live Nigeria!
First of all, the country and name Nigeria is a slap on the face of every knowledgeable person, stuck in that fabrication. It is one of the most insane places in the world. Where mad people are considered sane and sane people, mad.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by deols(f): 11:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
United_abby:
Ehn!!na wetin una sabi be dat na...chopin n chopin alone!is dat all dat concerns you?

wetin I talk wetin u reply?
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by deols(f): 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
okpara ugo:

Sista, notin dey happen.

Cake nah N50, that type wey dem wrap for white polythene... Mr biggs dey too far...

that is still something jare smiley
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Revolva(m): 2:50am On Oct 02, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

Prayer wtf is wrong wwith your brain ..in this part of the world prayer ddoes not work ok fool nigeria is a big failure
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by nairaman66(m): 6:11am On Oct 02, 2013
Tiyazman: You just made a fool of yourself by writing this foolish comment with your foolish hands I'm not even sure you have some foolish brains!!! angry

My Aunt also said, "Do not argue with a fool, for they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" grin
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by nairaman66(m): 6:16am On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva: At least NEPA should give us like on this independence day. There hasn't been light since yesterday.

I think, they need Marshing Ground!! Dem wan Celebrate Independence na..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SINACH:What Exactly Is Mercy Chinwo Nnenda Doing On This List For Christ Sake / Throwback 1968 Children Were Recruited By Biafrans Commanders -photo / Gov Fubara Indeed Signed The Resolution - Rivers Commissioner, Johnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.