Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders (8325 Views)

Bukola Saraki's 53rd Birthday Party And Cake / 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day / Happy 53rd Birthday To Diezani Alison-madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by mcfynest(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2013
NIGERIA ...

GOOD PEOPLE

GREAT NATION

BAD BELLE LEADERS

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy Independence day you guys, let's be optimistic for Nigeria.
*hugs for everyone, of course only if you smell nice*
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Mdrill(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2013
Today is the day we gained freedom from the rule of Britain, our former colonial masters in the year 1960.
But question, can we really say we are free? Well that's another subject, let's keep grinding.
Most of us citizens of this country Nigeria are complaining today that the country ain't good. Today being independence day, many more are gon' be cussing the country saying all sorts of ill-mannered words as regards the incompetence of the country. But question, who is really the country? Show me a country without a citizen and I'll point out no country to уσυ.
Basically, we therefore are the country, уσυ and I are Nigeria. We don't have to sit down and wait for the heads to do every thing for us - I mean come to think of it a mad man still walks, his legs can't say because his brains ain't functioning right therefore it has every reason to not move, no! Same applies to us as citizen we must do what we can to make sure we get this country to it's desired state - and that ain't by criticizing. Why do we do what we do? We do what we have to do so that we can do what we want to do. And what we should be doing is to do what we can in our own way to get this great country to it's desired spot.
We all are Nigeria(figuratively speaking), not Nigerians, we are the country itself, for we make it up. We've nagged, criticized and complained for 52 years, why not make this year distinct by being the patriotic citizen that уσυ ought to be. Уσυ too are Nigeria.
I too am Nigeria.
If there are ways уσυ can help the state, don't hesitate to do. Together, with the help of God almighty, we can take this country to heights unforeseen.
Good morning Nigeria, God bless уσυ today. Happy independence to уσυ all.

#PositiveImpact. #ProudlyNaija!
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by eazzzy1(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2013
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Nigeria is independent of what? TO HELL WITH NIGERIA. BOKO HARAM OR ARMED ROBBERY OR WHITE MARY WORSHIPPERS OR THE CHURCHES AND MOSQUES OF MANY DEMONS. IS IT THE CULTS, OR THE MANY INDEPENDENT DEMONS. SCREW YOU ALL angry
Are you this frustrated? Or have you been so hurt you have lost hope so soon? Are you a coward? Why give up soo early?

2 Likes

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by JMOI: 9:28am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy Independence Nigeria
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by iykofias(m): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2013
53yrs of sh**.

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by JMOI: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2013
...all is not gloom and doom as I mentioned earlier. We should take solace from the fact that our new crop of leaders are finally beginning to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors. The new administration is making a concerted effort to ensue that the ills of the past are corrected and that Nigeria assumes its rightful place in the comity of nations. Some of the things that didn’t work in the past are being fixed. Our economy is booming, the power sector is being fixed and Nigeria is becoming a major player in regional and African politics. The rule of law is also being championed and Nigerians enjoy more freedom to air the views and criticize the government of the day without fear of intimidation now than ever before.
http://observerreports.com/2013/10/nigeria-at-53/
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 01, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=25pt]NIGERIA 53 Years Report Card [/size]

[size=18pt]Electricity..............E8
Education.............E8
Prostitution..........A1
Good Road.............D7
Banking Sector......E8
Bombing...............A1.
Creativity..................D7
Telecommunication....E8
Security....................F9
Corruption...............A1
Cash Embezzlement.A1
Leadership.......F9
Job opportunity...F9
[/size]
Dis is serious. Is this not cary over?"
Makes little sense to me. Biased.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Micyril: 9:34am On Oct 01, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Nigeria is independent of what? TO HELL WITH NIGERIA. BOKO HARAM OR ARMED ROBBERY OR WHITE MARY WORSHIPPERS OR THE CHURCHES AND MOSQUES OF MANY DEMONS. IS IT THE CULTS, OR THE MANY INDEPENDENT DEMONS. SCREW YOU ALL angry
U can port to Somalia or maybe Congo.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 01, 2013
iykofias: 53yrs of sh**.

Yet you're still living in the "sh**".

Shame on you!
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Bayokun(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2013
Naija I hail ur greatness.
Happy independence
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by trolling(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2013
@Dibia show them some love na,Yah's people are still in Egypt and Pathros,at the second regathering they'll return to their Creator, you know He scattered us across the globe for our idolatry and paganism as they practice today,but He is still gonna save a remnant of them,even our Creator's hand is still stretched out in His wrath,so dont let your wrath consume you,for the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of Elohim
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 01, 2013
I wish you the same embarassed embarassed
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by stephano100(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2013
Hapi independence day 9ja
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by joshuaidibia(m): 9:42am On Oct 01, 2013
There's nothing happy about dis independence. I celebrate it in sober reflection of our heroes past. Their visions hv bn dstroyed. Am nt impressed at all. Surely,the labours of our heroes past is in VAIN. #Amadu Bello,Awolowo,Ken Saro wiwa,Issac Boro,Ojuku,Azikiwe.# these are d men dat matters.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Boll2010: 9:47am On Oct 01, 2013
Pple are givin constructive critic are u abusin dem,u talk abt praya lyk jesus did his first miracle here,lyk d govt pray b4 lootin,so many nigeria njoy dis ride nigeria is in,dis is mediocre......in felas voice i sorry sorry o,i sorry for nigeria,i sorry sorry o,i sorry for africa
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by croj(m): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2013
We will always remain a nation and shall progress!!

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by yuncka: 10:03am On Oct 01, 2013
Tank Nairaland, if any one demands for food dat has green white green..... Juz giv d person one large fufu flanked by green bitterleaf soup.
My babe has bn sayin I shuld buy her green white green food, I no she has cake in mind but I will suprise her wit fufu.
Every public holiday is her birthday.. But today is independa day, so 4 once she shuld try and be independent......
Bye bye 2 NePa/PHCN... But man pikin no get lyt o, I wonder wen dem go bring am.

Hapi n'd'p'd'n'c!
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by COvo(m): 10:05am On Oct 01, 2013
HAPPY UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DAY!

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by otokx(m): 10:05am On Oct 01, 2013
barcanista: your chest sha bam o

correct observation - good people, great nation.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by hammedroyabat(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2013
What is worth celeberating in dis independence.... ASUU, health workers, ssanu, phcn are all on strike, boko @ dere peak... Security is a write off.. The whole country is in blackout.... Our president presents as a yokel, even on matters that demand frankness nd forthrightness. nd his exhibition of palpable naivety nd silence is embarrassing

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by DJDOLA(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
everybody is condeming and mentioning the woes. Which I do not deny but common people!

Lemmi I ask a sincere question?
Hopefully I get sincere answers.

How many of us woke up today and put nigeria and our leaders in prayer? How many of us dedicated today to fast? Dosent matter what you believe in might not believe in a higher enitity, maybe go over dowins theory book.. Just something any effort!?

Its no secrete we are in a sorry state in this country, but if we do not stand for ourselves who do we expect to do that for us?
u are very STUPID must we pray for them before our gov do the right thing abi.....even if u pray from now till eternity our leader are not ready 2 change

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2013
Where's the momma? Oba Chief Luggard.

I hope it's the last birthday of the offspring of the coloniser. And there's nothing happy about it.

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by tinuolababy(f): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2013
It is well. Today's front page is something else. We don't have light, my Gen is not working,Lemme just go back to Bed
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by mrofficial(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2013
I see the black Jews celebrating Nigeria. shocked
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by emmanuel4758(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2013
no NEPA light gej set committee to luk into dis issue
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Booty4me: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2013
we talking money

your talking independence
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by munagi: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy Independence Day celebration to all Nigerians. God bless my President and God bless my great country Nigeria. As the President said this morning during his speech, in the next 53 years our children and grand children will be proud to be called Nigerians. So let's all join hands to build our great country called Nigeria. Once again, God bless my President and God bless Nigeria.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by playto(m): 10:25am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=DJDOLA]u are very STUPID must we pray for them before our gov do the right thing abi.....even if u pray from now till eternity our leader are not ready 2 change[/quote

Tank U̶̲̥̅̊ for dat response..Ђφω many of our leaders woke up I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the morning and pray for us. The more we pray for them,the more D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ gain d strength to embezzle,syphon public funds and forever remain corrupt. A confused nation @53. G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥.

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Aifey(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2013
There's no lite in my area n am celebratin. Wht are people realy celebrating.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Media Shut Out Of Ban Ki-Moon Meeting With Nigerian Governors / See What An NYSC Corps Member Wrote On Ballot Boxes During Election (photos). / The Great Zik didn't learn well from history. My Brother Is Now The VC Of UNN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.