Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders (8326 Views)

Bukola Saraki's 53rd Birthday Party And Cake / 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day / Happy 53rd Birthday To Diezani Alison-madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by playto(m): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=DJDOLA]u are very STUPID must we pray for them before our gov do the right thing abi.....even if u pray from now till eternity our leader are not ready 2 change[/quote

Tank U̶̲̥̅̊ for dat response..Ђφω many of our leaders woke up I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the morning and pray for us. The more we pray for them,the more D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ gain d strength to embezzle,syphon public funds and forever remain corrupt. A confused nation @53. I wander Ђφω many places wud av light tuday to watch his live broadcast

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Mannylex(m): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2013
Screw that country called Nigeria. I hate that day when this failure called Nigeria was formed. SMH

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by jadarmani(f): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=dexzi]

I think that is best reserved for you,if I may ask,what are we really celebrating,is it the electricity,good food or is it in the education sector that we have been at home now for 3 consecutive months❔
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by motherofpearl: 10:28am On Oct 01, 2013
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE JOOR! Nigeria will excel oooo!
9ja people no dey lazy..dem no tire dem no give up..come rain come shine..Nigeria, good people great Nation!!
Nigeria for life!

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by emmanuel4758(m): 10:31am On Oct 01, 2013
DJDOLA: u are very STUPID must we pray for them before our gov do the right thing abi.....even if u pray from now till eternity our leader are not ready 2 change
if abuser like u becum President would u do beta Dan our present leader
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by awofe20(m): 10:33am On Oct 01, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=25pt]NIGERIA 53 Years Report Card [/size]

[size=18pt]Electricity..............E8
Education.............E8
Prostitution..........A1
Good Road.............D7
Banking Sector......E8
Bombing...............A1.
Creativity..................D7
Telecommunication....E8
Security....................F9
Corruption...............A1
Cash Embezzlement.A1
Leadership.......F9
Job opportunity...F9
[/size]
Dis is serious. Is this not cary over?"
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2013
Dibiachukwu:12:15am
Nigeria is independent of what? TO HELL WITH NIGERIA. BOKO HARAM OR ARMED ROBBERY OR WHITE MARY WORSHIPPERS OR THE CHURCHES AND MOSQUES OF MANY DEMONS. IS IT THE CULTS, OR THE MANY INDEPENDENT DEMONS. SCREW YOU ALL Ok bro, w've heard u!
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by otokx(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2013
Amaaskia:

Yet you're still living in the "sh**".

Shame on you!

Guess he has no choice to leave

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by newacca: 10:36am On Oct 01, 2013
This memorable day in 1960, after a long struggle and bondage;the British empire,under the monarch of Queen Elizabeth II of England,declared Nigeria as an independent nation.

Though,I agree that we are not totally free from the influence of the west,particularly Britain and U.S and which is why we Africans need to get together and be our brothers' keepers. Unless,the lions stand up to tell their own tale, history will always favour the hunter.

People of Nigeria! I implore you to agree with me that life is a coin of two sides; the good and bad side. It is normal, if we lament and mention our setbacks in terms of security,employment,leadership,sociocultural value,infrastructural development amongst other factors;but also important for us to bear in mind that, we owe our beloved country individual and collective responsibility of building a nation where peace and justice shall reign. Arise O compatriots!

Nigerians are good people and Nigeria is a great nation. If only we can use what is right with Nigeria to correct what is wrong with Nigeria. The Nigerian youth is what is right with Nigeria. I believe!
Let us change the mindset of your youth to let them realize Nigeria is the greatest country and in them her future lies.

Today, I urge fellow compatriots to keep the Nigerian dream and hope alive as we reminisce on the events that have unfolded since independent Nigeria was born.
Though our freedom,peace and unity have faced a lot of threat in the past and in the recent times, yet we are still together today as Nigeria!

My fellow countrymen, as we celebrate our great nation today, I urge us all to keep our faith in the unity of Nigeria and continue to live in peace,so as not to let the labour of our past heroes be in vain.
Let us believe in Nigeria with our hearts and might.
May God direct our noble cause, guide our leaders right and help our youth the truth to know.

On behalf of my fellow countrymen,I want say thank you to all who believe in Nigeria and Nigerians. My goodwill message goes out to all Nigerians,friends of Nigerians and Nigeria across the globe.

Happy independence Nigeria!
kiss
Long live Nigeria! smiley kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by 88natzy(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2013
Really independent...one time for d real niggas!!!
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by emmabest2000(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2013
Solozzo: I wish all Nairalanders happy independence day. Remember to pray for peace, progress and unity for Nigeria today. Remember as the new Nigeria year begins to contribute your own quota to help this country develop

God bless Nigeria. 53 gbosas to Nigeria!!
53 years is not 53 days God is great
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by mspee(f): 10:38am On Oct 01, 2013
Just passing! undecided
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Adesplendid(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2013
look at everyone. sad, and unhappy with Nigeria. O I wish Nigerian celebrate the independance the way it should be. in joy and happiness , (weeping)

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 01, 2013
Nigeria is a very wicked country. I only celebrate the life God has given me and the few good 9igerians out there.

Yipee!
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by NAJALYN: 10:45am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy independence to Nigerians and Nairalanders. I love Nigeria. God bless Nigeria, Nigerians and Nairalanders, Amen.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by stayreal: 10:46am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy 53rd year of Naija hell! Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by donphilopus: 10:48am On Oct 01, 2013
I reserve my comment for the now, maybe later
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 01, 2013
An opportunity to invite any female nairalander to come celebrate independence with me?

Independence from what if i may ask ?
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 01, 2013
hapi indepe. To nigeria!gud nation bad leaders
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2013
Harbosede02: breaks down and sobs*independence indeed

make sure you dont fall from an uncompleted building...
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by purplekayc(m): 10:52am On Oct 01, 2013
What have we achieved ? No light, bad roads, unconcerned leaders,etc

1 Like

Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 01, 2013
okpara ugo:

make sure you dont fall from an uncompleted building...
i wud try nt 2
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by chimauga(m): 10:53am On Oct 01, 2013
NIGERIA 53 yrs Resut Sheet
electricity..............F9
education.............E8
prostitution..........B2
good road.............E8
banking sector......D7
bombing................B2
creativity..................D7
telepcomunicatn....C4
security....................F9
corruption...............A1
cash emberzumnt.A1
leadership...............F9
Happy Independence my good people of nigeria
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 01, 2013
deols: I dont see the need for a celebration but if anyone brings independence cake to me, I will eat.

so, you all, how is it going at your end.

Sista, notin dey happen.

Cake nah N50, that type wey dem wrap for white polythene... Mr biggs dey too far...
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Obodoj: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2013
NIGERIA: 53 YEARS OF BLASTED HOPE AND DEFERRED DREAMS.

Fifty three years back, she was granted hegemony by the British colonialists. That, in a sense, portrayed signified emancipation. Here we are, half a century later; we yet grope in slavery, call it neo-slavery. We aren’t free or independent still. Better put, to say we’ve got simply a substitution of colonialism with neo-colonialism and nepotism. As a nation, we are still in search of which way to go. Just as late Sony Okosun, a renowned gospel artiste alluded ‘which way Nigeria…’?
We have simply become slaves and exiles in our fatherland, and the gospel truth subsists on the fact that the slave masters of today are our very own – plunging us into these socio-political and economic conditions through protracted years of neglect, injustice and of disregard for what is right for the common good.
The gamut of our economy is in shambles; electricity is deficit, education is in comatose, if not paralyzed, healthcare system is a far cry, transportation sector almost a cul-de-sac, minimum wage has suddenly become a mirage on the lips of many civil servants, thousands of jobless youths are roaming the streets, this chain reaction of nothing works in the Nigerian system is borne out of the lack of transparency and accountable representative Govt. It is amazing that those selected few managing the affairs of this country seem to have ignored and jettisoned the ‘time bomb’ waiting to explode.
Over the last seven years, companies in their thousands have been shutdown and at least three hundred thousand Nigerians kept out of jobs, yet, rather than address or redress this plaque, President Goodluck Jonathan, on his assumption of power, decided to subject the people to further pains, agonies and untold hardship by increasing electricity tariffs by over 200 percent in the guise of revamping the power sector.
It is no gainsaying that, rather than his administration to face critical problems, finding a lasting solution to the plights of the common man, it kept flooding the nooks and cranny with cheap propaganda and fake empty promises of better days ahead in the up-coming years.
The Nigerian situation is quite appalling, melancholic and hopeless; there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel with the govt of the day running against time in potholes. The future is very bleak for Nigeria’s vision 20:20:20 as a result of the ‘blows’ suffered from left-right-and-centre. The spate of bomb blasts in the country is one that is worrisome and unhealthy for the nation.
I fear for this country called "Nigeria" if working measures are not put place to savage these highlighted problems.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Noneroone(m): 10:57am On Oct 01, 2013
Nigeria is not a nation. It is a mere geographical expression. The word Nigerian is a mere distinctive appellation to distinguish those who live within the boundaries of Nigeria from those who do not" - Obafemi awolowo

“The new nation called Nigeria should be
an estate of our great grandfather Uthman
Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a
change of power. We use the minorities in
the North as willing tools and the South as a
conquered territory and never allow them to
rule over us and never allow them to have
control over their future”. Sir Ahmadu Bello,
Parrot Newspaper, Oct 12, 1960

"I'm set and fully armed, to conquer the
Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless
manner as my grandfather conquered
Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during
the last century" Sir Ahmadu Bello gave an
interview to the DAILY TIMES of May 3, 1961

"Since 1914, the British Government has
been trying to make Nigeria into one country,
but the Nigerian people themselves are
historically different in their backgrounds, in
their religious beliefs and customs and do not
show themselves any signs of willingness to
unite … Nigerian unity is only a British
invention" - Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa
Balewa who was reported by the TIME
MAGAZINE of October 10, 1960 to have said
there was no basis for Nigeria

Words started going round about that the Igbo officers were saying: they had killed the snake, but had failed to cut off the head. Which meant those of us left might make them suffer later, that there was therefore the need to finish us off...so we decided the best thing to do was to open fire there even if Governor Fajuyi was also cut, so that they would be buried together, and that was what happened" Useni (why we killed Ironsi from sahara reporters)

All is fair in war, and starvation is one of the weapons of war. I dont see why we should feed our enemies fat in order for them to fight harder" Obafemi Awolowo (finance minister)

With these hate filled comments, should we celebrate today?
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Policewoman(f): 10:57am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy Independence, or whatever is left of it.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 01, 2013
okpara ugo: Nigeria is a very wicked country. I only celebrate the life God has given me and the few good 9igerians out there.

Yipee!
don t hate the coun3 ,hate the leader..cos i m proud of nigeria is bless
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by karkel(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2013
HI NLANDAZ ABEG NA WETIN BE TODAY SAF
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by otokx(m): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2013
There is no country as wonderful as Nigeria in all the earth.

Happy Independence Day Nairalanders.
Re: Happy 53rd Independence Day To Nigerians And Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 01, 2013
coolestboy: A Prayer For Naija.
Dear Father in Heaven, I pray for my country. You know, looking around there's not much to celebrate, to rejoice about, but I understand You don't want us to question Your infinite Wisdom when you placed us in Nigeria.
Father, I pray for Your wisdom, exactly what we need to move this country from the backwaters of backwardness. Forgive our people who want to eat the good of the land yet still curse the land, we want the best yet we wish the worst on ourselves. Lord, we are blind, open our eyes that we may see cursing our leaders doesn't solve the problem, killing our brothers and sisters, molesting our children and claiming tribal superiority is just evidence of our own wickedness. Yet we blame our leaders for the things we do. We have become very good at the latest and most popular game in Nigeria, the game called IT IS NOT MY FAULT.
Father, help us understand our leaders are very flawed human beings and not gods. Help us see that like us they make mistakes and mess things up. Help us understand that the solution doesn't come in looking for political heroes. But in looking up to you, in trusting you to work things out for our good.
Lord, it IS hard for me to wish my country a happy birthday. Because I haven't gotten much out of it. But I am going to do it all the same because I know that's what You want. You want me to believe the best about my nation even if I am seeing Her at Her worst. You want me to be like Jesus, to condemn less and love more.
Yes, so many things have failed and are failing in this country, but I am going to just trust that there is nothing impossible for You to fix. To do.
Father I thank You for how far we have come, I know it's only by Your grace that we are still together as a nation, despite our growing differences. Forgive those who work to divide and visit with judgement those who try to destabilize and destroy. Protect our women and children from monsters and animals on two feet and strengthen our men to work hard and honest for peace, for progress and prosperity. Help them fight the fight in smarter ways than butchery, looting and killing..
Lord, help us grow.
On behalf of my people,
Your son,
Coolestboy

Very nice prayer and only 2 likes.

A good evidence that Nigerians dont pray.. May God help my prayerlessness. Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shocking Photo Of A 13 Year Old Jihadist Slaughtering A Man / The Great Zik didn't learn well from history. My Brother Is Now The VC Of UNN. / Dapo Abiodun Reads Riots Act To Ogun State Water Corporation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.