Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:35 AM

Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 (24001 Views)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / ADCs Of The President Of Nigeria Since 1999. / Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by roxell120(m): 11:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

Although you are clearly a biased APC man, please stop mixing the names of achievers with common criminals. It is an insult to those who have achieved.

una no go kill me oo grin
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by roxell120(m): 11:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
la cosa nostra: Sullivan Chime,Enugu State Governor
plz it should be another chapter. your colleagues ve presented so many many names which they are jostling for a slot in the list of ten.more names for the coming thread plz grin
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by jayjagz: 11:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
ketoprofen:

ok.
But we are not discussing plans here.
We are talking of tnz on ground.
The fact that he commented on his other plans doesn't mean the Governor is only drawing up plans without implementing them. The intelligent approach of Governor Ibikunle Amosun to the speedy development of Ogun State cannot be over-emphasised considering the short period it took even a common man to notice the dramatic change in the face of the state. His road construction projects can be described as nothing but first class even though it can't be done without stepping on toes. Before someone like Obasanjo can commend him despite that he's a defunct ACN Governor. I am an indigene of Ogun state but I school in Oyo state; on getting back to Ogun state it was only by God's grace I didn't mistake Ogun state. Other sectors have also enjoyed remarkable attention. They are just too fast with the building of the model schools and even the public primary schools which were not even conducive for dogs talk less of students have now been restructured, to mention a few. I must confess, Governor Ibikunle Amosun is committed to his mission to rebuild Ogun State.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by eaglechild: 11:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
lonelypal:
Funny how u criticise d OP for coming up with a subjective view and yet yours aint different anyway
Do you understand the meaning of criticise?
Or you just feel like using the word.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by roxell120(m): 11:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Lushgreen: James Ibori: Contructed the first dual carriage roads in Warri, Oghara, and Asaba. Built 3 polytechnics from the scratch. Built 4 standard stadia in Delta state. First Governor (not so sure tho) to initiate the Songhai farms. Believe it or not, Ibori was one of the best Nigerian governors from 1999 to 2007.

Tunde Fashola of Lagos

Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom

Yar'Adua as Governor of Katsina.

Dora Akunyili of NAFDAC

Nasir El Rufai of the FCT

cobwebs in ur eyes? need help!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by eaglechild: 11:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sagamite:

You must be having a laugh.

The same person that shielded Ibori, virtually closed down EFCC and caused chaos by not handing over to his VP?

May his cretinous soul not rest but feel perpetual pain in hell for eternity.

A pure person!

White elephant Akpu and Edikakong politician.

This is the same cretin that gave Tuface and wife cars for their wedding, hell no.

A visionless man that is just building structures and has no comprehensive strategy. Basically, a productive Alao Akala.

I personally know he is corrupt.

No a fan.
But all the Yoruba names are perfect abi.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by eaglechild: 11:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
mr matt: where is Oshomole?
In Benin sleeping.
mscheeeew!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ketoprofen(m): 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
roxell120: the list came from a miopic view point. finest and outstanding names are missing there.I dont want to sound tribalistic but one tribe has distinguished itself in giving everything in its arsenal to serve this country in various capacity dedicatedly.

what does the OP know kwanu?
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by jayjagz: 11:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is that enough to include him in a list that spans over a decade? He's doing some projects, all well and good but is he the only one undergoing such projects. We're talking of people like Fashola who caused a revolution in their respective field and not a governor that's still trying to bring to fruition his vision.
Mr. Man, you're not putting other factors into consideration. You're educated, right? So I expect someone like you to consider factors like the number of years Fashola has spent as governor, the amount Lagos receives as monthly allocation from the federation account, the internally generated revenue of Lagos state compared to that of Ogun among others. Evaluations like this requires objectivity, hun? Even Fashola you're shouting commended Amosun on this unprecedented resurfacing of the state.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by eaglechild: 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
jayjagz: Mr. Man, you're not putting other factors into consideration. You're educated, right? So I expect someone like you to consider factors like the number of years Fashola has spent as governor, the amount Lagos receives as monthly allocation from the federation account, the internally generated revenue of Lagos state compared to that of Ogun among others. Evaluations like this requires objectivity, hun? Even Fashola you're shouting commended Amosun on this unprecedented resurfacing of the state.
So Fashola is now God, that his commendation means Amosu is one of his angels that are helping to save the earth.
I advise you and your likes to crawl out of your shells from time to time and see the world.
Amosu is at best average.
And pls tell Fashola to pay pensioners.

2 Likes

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sondy(f): 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
Akpabio has done a handful of roads we all agree to that.But the last time I checked the E-library project he embarked on has been complete and it is in full swing...I've being there so am not talking of hearsay facts.The airport he embarked on has been completed..d refurbishment of schools and hospitals has been completed...to even crown it all during its tenure we saw d birth of AkwaIbom state university or have u not heard of d Maritime School @ Oron?.The last time I checked that belong to the Educational sector.But I want 2 know how can a state witness transformation if there is not a motorable network..Which Akpabio has done in all sreas of Akwaibom State.

3 Likes

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ketoprofen(m): 12:01am On Oct 03, 2013
jayjagz: The fact that he commented on his other plans doesn't mean the Governor is only drawing up plans without implementing them. The intelligent approach of Governor Ibikunle Amosun to the speedy development of Ogun State cannot be over-emphasised considering the short period it took even a common man to notice the dramatic change in the face of the state. His road construction projects can be described as nothing but first class even though it can't be done without stepping on toes. Before someone like Obasanjo can commend him despite that he's a defunct ACN Governor. I am an indigene of Ogun state but I school in Oyo state; on getting back to Ogun state it was only by God's grace I didn't mistake Ogun state. Other sectors have also enjoyed remarkable attention. They are just too fast with the building of the model schools and even the public primary schools which were not even conducive for dogs talk less of students have now been restructured, to mention a few. I must confess, Governor Ibikunle Amosun is committed to his mission to rebuild Ogun State.

i think d problem with sw peeps(aside lagos citizens) is that they didnt start seeing good tnz on time, any small token becomes 'OUTSTANDING' to them.
Chimaroke built many sec sch during his tenure in Enugu n heavily invested in educ at all levels, yet am sure no enugu citizen here has mentioned his name.
Dude, look @ d topic n think again.
I only see d likes of dora n iweala, sanusi, Ezekwesili (its not easy to remain transparent n honest when u get at d top)
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by iykofias(m): 12:02am On Oct 03, 2013
All of u sayin Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala shuld b on dat list are slightly more intelligent than jonathan. Wot av she done 4 d public? Cos I dnt see any diffrnce betwn her,Diezani Alison-Madueke and shipopotamus!!!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by abokinside: 12:15am On Oct 03, 2013
Oby ezekwisili, Nuhu Ribadu, Chukwuma Soludo, Nasir El Rufai, ifueko omuigu and of course Babatunde Raji Fashola (the best of them all).
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Dpeacemaker101: 12:21am On Oct 03, 2013
OP, I guess this is your own personal opinion. We really understand you.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Dpeacemaker101: 12:23am On Oct 03, 2013
ketoprofen:

what does the OP know kwanu?
Absolutely Nothing
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ojinuocheibi(m): 12:34am On Oct 03, 2013
decode55: you're lucky you didn't include Jonathan's name there.. You for hear am this night angry
hahahahahahahaha. Jonathan. Aka mr sluggish sleep and dreaming in aso rock.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by gezzyvinci(m): 12:53am On Oct 03, 2013
Number 1.......Dora Akunyili
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by BigBen10: 1:35am On Oct 03, 2013
dear OP. Thanks so much for letting us see our positives in this country. Somepeoole have a terrible mindset of always seeing the negative.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nobody: 3:07am On Oct 03, 2013
luvmijeje: In my opinion the public officers that have gone the miles to serve this country, that are the definition of fearless and courageous so far are Gov Fashola, Dora Akiyuli and Nuhu Ribadu.
Nasir ElRufai .
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Genius100: 5:20am On Oct 03, 2013
Genius100: Here is my list. These are the guys that deserve 60% and above.

1) Obasanjo: 60%
2) Okonjo-Iweala: 80% during OBJ's adminstration; 60% during GEJ administration
3) Soludo: 65%
4) Ezekwesili: 85%
5) El Rufai: 80%
6) Sanusi: 85%
7) Adeshina: 80%
cool Omoigui: 75%
9) Donald Duke:70%
10) Ribadu: 85%
11) Fashola: 85%

Akunyili: 80% (Nafdac)
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by idrezee(m): 5:31am On Oct 03, 2013
JMOI: You forgot a lot of people

Prof Dora Akunyili (Nafdac)

Prof Chinedu Nebo (UNN and power)

Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (economy)

Dr Oby Ezekwesili (accountability)

Prof Attahiru Jega (fairly credible elections)
I only saw one name there "Dora Akunyili" who's Jega? Which credible election? In my state, one ballot box wasn't brought out 4 d LG election so how do u expect people 2 vote. All d LGs, PDP won it, even 4 d Gov. Election in Kogi, chai. Did u hear of d one in offa kwara state? I don't want start talking bout d rest of d listed names, only v tym 4 Jega
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Dagoma: 6:02am On Oct 03, 2013
[quote author=Afam4eva]
The thing surprise me oo. Aregbesola ke? I didn't even see Fashola on the list.[/quote

May be you are half-blind.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by jayjagz: 6:39am On Oct 03, 2013
eaglechild:
So Fashola is now God, that his commendation means Amosu is one of his angels that are helping to save the earth.
I advise you and your likes to crawl out of your shells from time to time and see the world.
Amosu is at best average.
And pls tell Fashola to pay pensioners.
You've not made any point.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by jayjagz: 6:48am On Oct 03, 2013
ketoprofen:

i think d problem with sw peeps(aside lagos citizens) is that they didnt start seeing good tnz on time, any small token becomes 'OUTSTANDING' to them.
Chimaroke built many sec sch during his tenure in Enugu n heavily invested in educ at all levels, yet am sure no enugu citizen here has mentioned his name.
Dude, look @ d topic n think again.
I only see d likes of dora n iweala, sanusi, Ezekwesili (its not easy to remain transparent n honest when u get at d top)
That SW peeps did not start seeing good things in time is your personal opinion, anyway, but I want you to know that we've not said he's to make the list merely because he's embarking on this projects but the time range matters in evaluations like this. Can you imagine someone who emerged in 2011 competing favourably with those of 1999, 2003 and 2007?
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by rozayx5(m): 6:59am On Oct 03, 2013
anienge001:

So all the school intervention in the state are not visible to you? How many new hospitals have been built in AKS between 2007 and now? Agreed he is not using his personal money and that is what he went there to do in 1st place. But for U to say it is only 'a handful roads' either shows U've not been to AKS or U are totally biased. Even if it were only roads, if all the administrations had each done a handful of roads, by now there would no more roads to construct. The present administration would concentrate on other areas.

When U say manpower development, I want to be enlighten on what it means.

I think the genuine items on your list are food/agriculture and security . Be objective when criticizing!!

@ bolded , i can walk around with my netbook under my armpit in any part of akwa Ibom without needing a bag, but i cant try that in the safest parts of Lagos, car snatching is a business in Lagos grin but not so here

Uyo is secure with Quick response Hilux SUV's @ every corner of the town, at everytime of the day or night, so leave Agbameta, he knows nothing about Akwa Ibom, its his type that open threads and say Ibeno has underground drainage undecided undecided

A handful of roads, the ( TOLLED) flood prone rubbish HITECH put up called lekki - Epe expressway, is all their god Fashola could do on the Island, you can drive around Uyo without seeing a pothole, but even on Ajose Adeogun and all high brow areas of Lagos the Streets are pothole ridden
Where Akpabio decides to keep his Family is his personal life, has nothing to do with the State

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by lagcity(m): 7:12am On Oct 03, 2013
AREGBESOLA - not only does he have a well-thought-out ideology, he backs it up with actions. A lot of people on this thread are sleeping on Aregbesola, I urge you to study this man. Only shallow minds can overlook this sage.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by nelajayi(m): 7:13am On Oct 03, 2013
tawa89: You are an APC man ...so you are forgiven for this highly flawed analysis.
Wtf is Arebesulaa is doing there? LMAO @ yara'dua at no1. I thought you people called him baba go slow.
Akpabio is the best for me , because i went to Akwa ibom in 1999, the place was a village . For him to transform the place from what i saw in 1999 to what is today for a Nigerian politician beggars belief . I'm talking about totally turning around a state full of bushes in 1999 to the most visible state in the country and not just fixing up an already developed state
Fashola is trying...Lagos has always being there........
to fault d inclusion of aregbesola in dis list,it's either u neva visited osun b4 d guy startd or u'r jst blind.n 4 dt of yar'adua,maybe he was baba go slow bt i insist he was abt d best guy our democracy produced.he was plain n sensitive to d demands n plight of d ppl of 9ja.lastly,i wud say akpabio's name shldnt even ve appeard in d list.i servd in akwa ibom n i was privy 2 certain facts abt akpabio's administratn.like u rightly pointd out,he turnd d state arnd bt @ a cost 2 high 4 d achievements.inflatn of project cost in aks is unimaginable.i no most nigerians dont mind!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ketoprofen(m): 7:15am On Oct 03, 2013
jayjagz: That SW peeps did not start seeing good things in time is your personal opinion, anyway, but I want you to know that we've not said he's to make the list merely because he's embarking on this projects but the time range matters in evaluations like this. Can you imagine someone who emerged in 2011 competing favourably with those of 1999, 2003 and 2007?

ok nah
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ayobase(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2013
tawa89: You are an APC man ...so you are forgiven for this highly flawed analysis.
Wtf is Arebesulaa is doing there? LMAO @ yara'dua at no1. I thought you people called him baba go slow.
Akpabio is the best for me , because i went to Akwa ibom in 1999, the place was a village . For him to transform the place from what i saw in 1999 to what is today for a Nigerian politician beggars belief . I'm talking about totally turning around a state full of bushes in 1999 to the most visible state in the country and not just fixing up an already developed state
Fashola is trying...Lagos has always being there........

Let me ask u a questions.

Which of the states is the toughest to manage?

Despite Lagos BEING there from the beginning, I can still tell u that the effort Fashola makes to actualise some decisions is more demanding. And challenging than that of Akpabio's. Take it or leave it!

Abi u no dey see for even NL frontpage as the guy is making headlines via PROs and ANTIs!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by nodullin(m): 7:29am On Oct 03, 2013
Okonjo iweala: In the finance sector, my outstanding efforts can neva be over-emphasized!

1,000,000 likes!!

Please Ma... Can you do me honors of mentoring me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Addressing The Press At Chatham After GMB's Speech / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election / Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.