Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,108 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 (23874 Views)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / ADCs Of The President Of Nigeria Since 1999. / Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by nodullin(m): 7:31am On Oct 03, 2013
Okonjo iweala: In the finance sector, my outstanding efforts can neva be over-emphasized!

1,000,000 likes!!

Please Ma... Can you do me the honors of mentoring me?
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by chidooh1: 7:33am On Oct 03, 2013
APC member, onesided opinion, who is Aregbesola
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by toprealman: 7:38am On Oct 03, 2013
Janus or whatever your name is, you are a BIG fat FOOL!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by sagekellz(m): 7:55am On Oct 03, 2013
i-General:

What's Akpabio's name doing on that list?
i must say, u r one of doz 9jarians dats blind 2wat happens in oda states. U r making noise,hv u been 2 Aks b4?hvn't u hrd of d e-library,d free primary n secondary education,n xo much more. I jux cnt name dem all. Wake up jhor
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 03, 2013
yeyeman92:
Wtf who d hell do u think u are ?? Soyinka abi
but bro i don't get ur bitterness at the guy. Is it dat u feel jealous and bitter dat he can actually understand good english and explain it WHEN you cannot. Bro free him, not everybody is disfigured in english language like you are
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 03, 2013
toprealman: Janus or whatever your name is, you are a BIG fat FOOL!
jeez because he made an analysis from HIS OWN perspective?! I give up on some nairalanders!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sagamite(m): 8:01am On Oct 03, 2013
eaglechild:
But all the Yoruba names are perfect abi.

You are a cretinous person!

It is me your are bringing your moronic tribalism to?

You are a severe person!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 03, 2013
i'm only suprised at the absence of one name, and dats dora akunyili
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by HOTWATER(m): 8:06am On Oct 03, 2013
Can somebody tell me which Lagos state governor has not performed since inception . Even the military boys were also outstanding in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Acidosis(m): 8:13am On Oct 03, 2013
LOL.. @Dora

So a woman who is strong enough to offer an INEC official a huge bribe (a house, a ride, and scholarship for his children) and even threatened people with hired assasin can still be called - "Outstanding Public Officer"

good
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sagamite(m): 8:20am On Oct 03, 2013
HOTWATER:
Can somebody tell me which Lagos state governor has not performed since inception . Even the military boys were also outstanding in lagos.

Tell me what makes Marwa, Raji Rasaki and Oyinlola outstanding.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Olaolufred(m): 8:32am On Oct 03, 2013
atlwireles: Umaru Yar'adua (reversal of VAT, refinery sale, price hike, asset declaration etc)

Please, what good was all this reversals. How about promising ASUU 26% of the budget. The man came to power through the most fraudulent elections in Nigeria's history. All he did was destroy the foundations OBJ laid. HE SHOULD NOT BE ON YOUR LIST.

I think your own mental ability is too low to see the great visions for Nigeria's future generation.
Yaradua score a great point from this agreement.
25% of our budget on education means that Children has future.
I have a question for you.
1. Do you plan to put your small boy or girl in any of our public nursery and primary schools?
2. Do you plan to put your 10 year old boy in our secondary school?
3. Do you want your young school leaving son or daughter to attend any of our public university?

NOTE: THEY HAVE THEIR CHILDREN IN BEST PRIVATE SCHOOLS HOME AND ABROAD.
THEIR CLINICS AND HOSPITALS ARE IN INDIA, US AND GERMANY.
Yet the one that Nigerians can afford are left dilapidated.
Do we just conclude that Nigeria belong to only about 1 million member in the POLITICIAN CLUB?

BE SINCERE WITH YOURSELF OR AT LEAST THAT OF YOUR BORN AND UNBORN CHILDREN.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by tallceejay(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Personally, i think this list is very flawed. Apart from Soludo, Akpabio and Omogui, El Rufai and maybe Nnaji(he didn't stay for long), i don't see what others are doing there. Where's Akunyili, Donald Duke, Iweala, Fashola?

U sure u read d post ??
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2013
I may not like aregbesola's politics but I must commend his efforts with limited funds in osun state.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ritux: 8:49am On Oct 03, 2013
[size=14pt]My Top 15 [/size]

1. Obasanjo

2. Okonjo-Iweala

3. Soludo

4. Ezekwesili

5. El Rufai

6. Adeshina

7. Donald Duke

8. Ribadu

9. Dora Akunyili

10. Oshomole

11. Prof Attahiru Jega

12. Fashola

13. David Mark.

14. Rotimi Ameachi

15. .........................(Insert anyone I omitted that you think deserve to be there)
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Jarus(m): 8:56am On Oct 03, 2013
FreeGlobe: very flawed. Akpabio is faar rated than Fashola, Did I see Aregbesola? or are you trolling? This list is flawed and was viewed through the ethnic lens.

Ethnic lens. I am Yoruba. Maybe you should do the % of Yoruba on the list and see who's the real bigot. You may also want to count the number of PDP guys there to know whether my opposition afiliation influenced my choices

I've been to Osun, I saw Aregbe's works. No amount of blackmail can make me drop him. If you don't like him, say that. Not just saying he hasn't done anything when you have not been to his state. Simply because it is Aregbesola

3 Likes

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by AjanleKoko: 9:00am On Oct 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Stop this garbage dude. You do this all the time and it is an exponent of your patent dishonesty and bias. First you insinuate he has "nothing on the ground" when that was dealt with you attempt disqualifying him from being considered because, according to your shallow mind, others have 'paid their dues' courtesy of being public administrator longer than Amosun

What does time span have to do with judging the efficacy of a leader? OP said since any leader since 1999 and what Amosun has done since 2011 is unprecedented in Ogun, to stakeholders, and puts him, in real terms, at the top as far as 'on ground' delivery over the same period of time in comparison with any governor. Of course even a child knows that years in office only gives more time to judge administrators by yet has no bearing in judging achievement. Amosun has now been in office long enough for everyone to see and feel his impact everywhere.

This is a bit partisan. I visit Ogun State on a regular basis. Some work is being done, but nothing ground-breaking. Hardly enough to qualify Amosun as being better than Gbenga Daniel in his first term. My frank opinion.

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by veraponpo(m): 9:01am On Oct 03, 2013
[quote author=Professor Peter]
5. Senator Okadigbo

quote]

What makes Senator Okadigbo to be in the list?

Is it for doing Sallah with about N100m or for stealing NASS mace? Or for being impeached?
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by alotofgrace(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2013
u guys 4got my Principal when I was serving ...mrs faith k azumah
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ogmask: 9:31am On Oct 03, 2013
It is obvious that many of you do not follow on issues in nigeria. How can anyone ask what Aregbesola is doing on performers list.
Aregbesola has revolusionized the education sector in state of Osun, which for me is the most outstanding of all the development peddled by boothlicking apologist here.
His Opon Imo is already in the Gueness book of records. Trust u have heard abt the new school model in state of osun.
Open your eye ooooooo
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Tentewa046(m): 9:48am On Oct 03, 2013
Ingrates.... JONATHAN STILL REMAIN D BEST... Developing all sectors..esp power. Which is one of d most impt tin we need 4 industriaizatn..
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2013
Reading this gibberish,d conclusion i arived at is that
GEJ is too good to be on that list.He is an exceptional performer.
He brought FRESH AIIIIRRRR.
FRESH AIR everywhere you go.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by grandpoh(m): 10:04am On Oct 03, 2013
Where z ma GOV #ibikunle amosun#of ogun state
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sagamite(m): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2013
Jarus:

Ethnic lens. I am Yoruba. Maybe you should do the % of Yoruba on the list and see who's the real bigot. You may also want to count the number of PDP guys there to know whether my opposition afiliation influenced my choices

I've been to Osun, I saw Aregbe's works. No amount of blackmail can make me drop him. If you don't like him, say that. Not just saying he hasn't done anything when you have not been to his state. Simply because it is Aregbesola

Don't mind the fucktards that their first, and most time only, view of issues is through "Us vs Them".

Born-cretins, molded fucktards!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by zeennurei(m): 10:07am On Oct 03, 2013
Danjuma Goje - He transformed Gombe to a best city in the region and also the most peaceful state.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ibrokola(m): 10:15am On Oct 03, 2013
What of Dora Akunyili?
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by legalcode(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2013
Pls wats th emeaning of Decent Capital Projects? Pls enumerate the DCP that Amaechi has done?
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Acidosis(m): 10:53am On Oct 03, 2013
ibrokola: What of Dora Akunyili?

Yea bro, Dora Akunyili is here:

http://247ureports.com/prof-dora-akunyili-in-n50million-bribe-scandal-to-appeal-court/
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Akanbiedu(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2013
1, Umaru Yar'adua (reversal of VAT, refinery sale, price hike, asset declaration etc)

Umoru did much better than these.

First of all, you will notice Umoru came in at a time when there was so much rancour in the polity. Obasanjo's disregard for rule of law was already taking its toll on every aspect of the society. Politicians, especially of the PDP, no longer respected court injunctions. Illegal removal of governors and other elected public officials, unconstitutional seizure of Lagos funds, unconstitutional spending of excess crude account, massive rigging of elections, etc All these were reversed and a peaceful political atmosphere ensued. People generally don't notice this subtle part of governance and are therefore bound to forget. This is not a physical project but if you asked me, it is actually most important part of governance as it is directly linked with homeland security.

Secondly, his systematic approach to fighting corruption. Before Yar'adua, what government officials normally do, every year, is - make a budget, don't implement, award contracts worth billions two weeks to the end of the year, share the unspent funds at the end of the year. This was automatically dealt with. This first year Yar'adua did this, over N350billion was returned and over N400Billion the following year. Also Yar'adua place an indefinite ban on government spending on vehicles, TV sets, building new offices, etc These are the major avenues of stealing government funds.

So for me,

1) Fashola
2) Yar'adua
3) Tinubu
4) El Rufai
5) Soludo
6) Aregbesola

in that order.

NB: I would probably rate Aregbesola ahead of many in the next two years if he continues the way he is going.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sagamite(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2013
Acidosis:

Yea bro, Dora Akunyili is here:

http://247ureports.com/prof-dora-akunyili-in-n50million-bribe-scandal-to-appeal-court/

So your apocryphal news from an unreliable source written by an anonymous writer is your evidence she is not a worthy person despite the depth of her numerous achievements and hardwork?

You are a cretin!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by seanet01: 11:37am On Oct 03, 2013
AjanleKoko:

This is a bit partisan. I visit Ogun State on a regular basis. Some work is being done, but nothing ground-breaking. Hardly enough to qualify Amosun as being better than Gbenga Daniel in his first term. My frank opinion.
maybe you have been visiting only your village regularly.
You said Amosun is not faring better than OGD's first term abi?
That is utter nonsense and arrant rubbish. Can you please list the performance of Ogd in his first term any sphere and let me list those of Amosun?
Amosun's performance in two years has already dwarfed ogd 8 years. Waiting for you to take up my challenge

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MC Oluomo: NURTW Is A Profession Like Medicine, Law And Engineering / Dino Melaye: Smart Adeyemi Is Still My Political Wife / #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.