Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 (23872 Views)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / ADCs Of The President Of Nigeria Since 1999. / Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Faitheder(m): 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jarus:
Wear you glasses and read the first sentence again. smiley
atairu jega 4ma BUK VC and INEC chairman i hail!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Gbawe: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros Amosun should not make the list we have had even Governors like chime,lamido and Amaechi that are better than him yet they did not make the list.Amosun is not exceptional e is just there.

This is a subjective list. The point is that Enugu folks very much have the right to insist Chime should be on that list because of what he has done for them as judging stakeholders. You who may then not be from Enugu should then not tell them that Chime does not merit a nomination while Akpabio does. It is all about how efficiently public leaders serve their locality and stakeholders. That is what tells us, for example, that Akunyili may be a good governor if in that position or that Chime may be a very efficient Minister.

Naturally, federal appointees may be more prominent and popular but if we make this about them then we might as well not include any governor at all because, unless we ask Akwa Ibom and Ogun citizens who are pertinently qualified stakeholders as an example, there is no way to say one Governor deserves to be nominated more than another especially when those making the call are not even stakeholders of the States in question let alone be objective judges over how a governor has impacted on every aspect of the lives of their citizen.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by FreeGlobe(f): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
very flawed. Akpabio is faar rated than Fashola, Did I see Aregbesola? or are you trolling? This list is flawed and was viewed through the ethnic lens.

6 Likes

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
This list is an indictment on Lady Obi in Anambra. His tenure has been a colossal failure in Anambra.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by SammyJac(m): 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
Where do u place the likes of Prof. Dora Akunyili and Dr. Oby Ezekwesili?

4 Likes

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Arysexy(m): 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
@ OP did Dora akunyili, okonjo iweala, Ken Nnamani, david mark snatch ur wife? Abeg remove dat aregbe something frm dat list its very irritating to read.

4 Likes

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ChimaAdeoye: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jarus: To me, Fashola is the best public officer Nigeria has produced since return to civil rule in 1999

Others that posted (post) decent performance (by our low standard in Nigeria), by my reckoning:

1, Umaru Yar'adua (reversal of VAT, refinery sale, price hike, asset declaration etc)
2, Barth Nnaji (decent effort in power reforms)
3, Sule Lamido (good capital projects efforts, even if a bad politician)
4, [s]Rotimi Ameachi (Decent capital projects efforts in his state)[/s]
5, Godswill Akpaebo ( Even if I don't like his politics, I admit he tried for his state. I've been to his state; best raod network of all the about Nigerian states I have visited)
6,[s] Nasir el-Rufai (Not his biggest fan either, but I salute his efforts in FCT)[/s]
7, Nuhu Ribadu (You can argue he was selective, but you can't argue his victims were innocent. Plus he returned $15m Ibori bribe)
8, Lamido Sanusi (I commend his work in CBN)
9, Charles Soludo (His attention to ethics may be questionable, but you can't fault his achievement in terms of strenghtening our financial system)
10. Attahiru Bafarawa (I served in Sokoto state,and msut confess he did well for hsi people in terms of capital projects. Good roads everywhere)
11, Rauf Aregbesola (You can fault his politics - can be loud-mouthed, intervening in what doesn't concern him - but you can hardly deny his commitment to the uplift of his people. I was in Osun in August and the whole state looked like one big construction yard, road projects everywhere, despite meagre resources)
12, [s]Ifeuko Omoigui (Decent and silent reform in FIRS; enlarged revenue base for Nigeria) [/s]
13, Donald Duke: Decent performance, mature leader

These are the guys I can give pass mark (50%) of all the public officers (elected or appointed) since 1999. There are others I have herad or read about (e.g Kayode Fayemi, Rochas Okorocha, Peter Obi), but I'm not convinced yet.

Strictly my opinion as a watcher of events in the country.

Although you are clearly a biased APC man, please stop mixing the names of achievers with common criminals. It is an insult to those who have achieved.

7 Likes

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Gbawe: 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Arysexy: @ OP did Dora akunyili, okonjo iweala, Ken Nnamani, david mark snatch ur wife? Abeg remove dat aregbe something frm dat list its very irritating to read.

This is why we cannot have a rancour-free discussion on Nairaland. OP submitted his list of those , in his opinion, who are outstanding public officers. Don't get offended if his choice does not include those you rate personally. Simply mention yours and perhaps say why you chose them.

Asking Aregbesola to be removed from someone elses list means you do not understand that this is about who we individually feel is an outstanding public officer to us. You cannot argue that many in Osun will not say this about their Governor because, to them, he may have supervised transformation which makes him an outstanding public servant. Jarus mentioned Attahiru Bafarawa .

I would not personally choose him but that is because I am not aware of his achievement as I am not adequately informed about his effort. It does not mean Attahiru Bafarawa has no achievement or that he should not be on the personal list of Jarus. A little bit of consideration and tolerance for the choice/opinion of others may actually see us learn about leaders we do not know much about.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sagamite(m): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jarus:
1, Umaru Yar'adua (reversal of VAT, refinery sale, price hike, asset declaration etc)

You must be having a laugh.

The same person that shielded Ibori, virtually closed down EFCC and caused chaos by not handing over to his VP?

May his cretinous soul not rest but feel perpetual pain in hell for eternity.

A pure person!

Jarus:
5, Godswill Akpaebo ( Even if I don't like his politics, I admit he tried for his state. I've been to his state; best raod network of all the about Nigerian states I have visited)

White elephant Akpu and Edikakong politician.

This is the same cretin that gave Tuface and wife cars for their wedding, hell no.

A visionless man that is just building structures and has no comprehensive strategy. Basically, a productive Alao Akala.

Jarus:
9, Charles Soludo (His attention to ethics may be questionable, but you can't fault his achievement in terms of strenghtening our financial system)

I personally know he is corrupt.

No a fan.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by gratiaeo(m): 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
Immediately i saw Aregbesola name on the list i conclude that this another APC lies and southwest propaganda.

Dear Nairalanders pls kindly go through this link and tell me how Aregbesola became » "Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999?" «
https://www.nairaland.com/1460387/aregbesola-massive-looting-osun-state
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by gratiaeo(m): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
Immediately i saw Aregbesola name on the list i conclude that this another APC lies and southwest propaganda.

Dear Nairalanders pls kindly go through this link and tell me how Aregbesola became » "Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999?" «
https://www.nairaland.com/1460387/aregbesola-massive-looting-osun-state.

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Arysexy(m): 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
gratiaeo: Immediately i saw Aregbesola name on the list i conclude that this another APC lies and southwest propaganda.

https://www.nairaland.com/1460387/aregbesola-massive-looting-osun-state

Aregbesola is just a noise maker, was in oshogbo on saturday for a wedding of a colleague, dat man is a big fraud, I weep for d APC clowns dat are raising hands for him. Oshogbo is an emerging town that just esacped being called a village to be fair.

3 Likes

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by gratiaeo(m): 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
payless: This list is an indictment on Lady Obi in Anambra. His tenure has been a colossal failure in Anambra.
If Aregbesola can make the list then omitting Obi's name is crime against humanity

9 Likes

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by badmeat(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yeye list!

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by jmaine: 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
bad meat: Yeye list!

Exactly . . . . .
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by dabrake(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
kennybelle: What abt GEJ?
Donno know what he‘s achieved so far o, isn‘t that outstanding?
Hr rang the NYSE bell.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by kaeto(m): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jarus:

I separated because the gap is so wide. smiley

Meanwhile, I ignited same argument on facebook, and people are making strong case for Danjuma Goje (ex-Gombe)
Remove your tribal welders' glasses so you can see. There is no gap anywhere, you have just given a lopesided judgement. Your fashola who uses 2 jeeps worth N200milion each. What is amaechi doing on that list. Have you been to portharcourt in all your life? Does it occur to you that rivers gets as allocation, 1/7 of whatever goes to the FG? Your analysis shows we are not ready for change yet, playing anti-GEJ politicks. 'gap is wide' indeed.. Mchew!

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by mrmatt(m): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
where is Oshomole?
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by wogorparadise: 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
ayodeji752: Wot abt d man dat chose Iweala, Soludo and Ribadu for their positions? Yes, i am talking abt Obasanjo
yes obasanjo is visionary.... Jst that je lacked a goo heart that a leader needs to take his people to the next level
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Caseless: 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
The thing surprise me oo. Aregbesola ke? I didn't even see Fashola on the list.
u didn't see fashola? Get ur glasses, afam.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by wogorparadise: 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
abatajjvii: What of Reuben Abati and Labaran Maku for making noise for their oga at the top
hehehehehehehehe lmao
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
kaeto: Remove your tribal welders' glasses so you can see. There is no gap anywhere, you have just given a lopesided judgement. Your fashola who uses 2 jeeps worth N200milion each. What is amaechi doing on that list. Have you been to portharcourt in all your life? Does it occur to you that rivers gets as allocation, 1/7 of whatever goes to the FG? Your analysis shows we are not ready for change yet, playing anti-GEJ politicks. 'gap is wide' indeed.. Mchew!

Me sef I tire for the'wide' gap.How is Fashola better than Akpabio,Donald duke or Akunyili
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Only one word perfectly describes that list, SENSELESS. The thread could have been titled "Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999, From APC Perspective".

Meanwhile, if I may ask, what was the long term impact of the reversal of VAT, fuel price hike and refinery sale by Yar Adua? How many jobs were created by those measures? How did the asset declaration by Yar Adua help the war against corruption?

It is unbeliveable that some people are deceived by populist and regime stabilising gimmicks that added NOTHING to the nation. Some of the measures, like reversal of refinery sale, reduction in fuel price actually compounded our problems.

The governors on that list made it based on very SHALLOW analysis. Why should governors who have over N400 billion annual budget to PLAY WITH be compared with those with about N100 billion? No wonder most of the governors that made your list are from resource rich states- Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Lagos. A comparison that makes SENSE is one that compares what each governor has been able to do per N1 billion revenue.

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by wogorparadise: 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
My humble sugestion is doyin okupe for being the attack dog of the regime........ If apc does not scatter before 2014 dnt call me okupecheesy
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by digospel2: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
decode55: you're

lucky you didn't include Jonathan's name there.. You for hear am this night
angry

Why do. You hate GEJ ? despite the racial descrimination against GEJ, he believed in Nigerian project, remain focus amist of terrorism , restore rail that was forgotten over 10 years, employ the largest No of graduate, massive ongoing road projects, improved power supply. Airport facilities etc

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Genius100: 10:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
Here is my list. These are the guys that deserve 60% and above.

1) Obasanjo: 60%
2) Okonjo-Iweala: 80% during OBJ's adminstration; 60% during GEJ administration
3) Soludo: 65%
4) Ezekwesili: 85%
5) El Rufai: 80%
6) Sanusi: 85%
7) Adeshina: 80%
cool Omoigui: 75%
9) Donald Duke:70%
10) Ribadu: 85%
11) Fashola: 85%

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by gratiaeo(m): 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Most "SENSELESS" list
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ketoprofen(m): 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Come on dude. Stop the mischief and dishonesty. You are a mod here and has seen many threads where the massive infrastructural achievements of Amosun has been revealed here so let us stop all this obsession with bare-faced mischief because I mentioned some of his "plans".

Even those who are not fans of the ACN/APC yet know Ogun State admit to the sheer massive scale of the ongoing work in Ogun State and I don't see what purpose it serves to deny what you cannot be ignorant of. Ask Ogun folks under 30 if they remember ever seeing this scale of work in the past.

This is how you always succeed to cause offence i.e using sheer ignorance to belittle what others have achieved because of your personal bias. Amosun, by any standard you want to use, has revolutionised the affairs of Ogun State especially with Infrastructure everyone can see an feel on a scale many still find hard to believe. You are the same person shown the extensive and comprehensive transport effort of Amosun taking in a BRT system and new taxis yet you still come here feigning ignorant deceitfully to be talking of "what is on ground". Na wa for you sha because I don't know any Nairalander, even the openly bigoted ones, as dishonest as you are.

https://www.nairaland.com/1378086/pictures-massive-construction-work-ogun

hmmmm, dis one u are talking dis passionately, are u his gardener? Lol

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by gratiaeo(m): 11:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Genius100: Here is my list. These are the guys that deserve 60% and above.

1) Obasanjo: 60%
2) Okonjo-Iweala: 80% during OBJ's adminstration; 60% during GEJ administration
3) Soludo: 65%
4) Ezekwesili: 85%
5) El Rufai: 80%
6) Sanusi: 85%
7) Adeshina: 80%
cool Omoigui: 75%
9) Donald Duke:70%
10) Ribadu: 85%
11) Fashola: 85%
Omoigui kwa?
Who's Adeshina pls?
You would have add Femi Kayode also
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Nuzo1(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
Over the years I've come to understand Jarus as someone who hardly allows his ethnicity, religion or political afliation becloud his common sense.

However, I find it very hard to understand why Dora Akunyili's name did not top the list.
I also wish to know why Amaechi's name is there? Or is it cos of the monorail? Lol!

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by roxell120(m): 11:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
the list came from a miopic view point. finest and outstanding names are missing there.I dont want to sound tribalistic but one tribe has distinguished itself in giving everything in its arsenal to serve this country in various capacity dedicatedly.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by bigtt76(f): 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
Doyin Okupe ...1999 to date still spitting fire at government critiques. Nobody mentioning our babe Allison-Madueke at least no more fuel scarcity though enough bleeding by rouge oil companies still raging on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016 / MC Oluomo: NURTW Is A Profession Like Medicine, Law And Engineering / Apprehension In Bayelsa Over Alleged Plan To Cancel Southern Ijaw Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.