Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

foreigners chillout joint. - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / foreigners chillout joint. (135698 Views)

Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, in other words, these languages apart from Afrikaans which is an offshoot of dutch are kinda mutually intelligible. Meaning that they are sort of like dialects but are seen as different languages.
gbam. grin

Dutch/Afrikaans ruined the land, its so sad to hear your grandma speaking Dutch like she was born there, only to find out it was forced down to her throat.

I prefer Pidgin to Afrikaans, no hard feelings though.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
uj_sizzle:
It's Chinyere btw
thanks swt
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
uj_sizzle:
It's Chinyere btw
Pardon my ignorance grin
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by UjSizzle(f): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
Speedyboi are u in SA too? grin
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by UjSizzle(f): 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: gbam. grin

Dutch/Afrikaans ruined the land, its so sad to hear your grandma speaking Dutch like she was born there, only to find out it was forced down to her throat.

What will a plane ticket to naija cost from your lil mountain? I wanna work towards an invite wink
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
uj_sizzle: Gracie, you're flooding my TL angry

You think sey na twitter you dey? undecided

@Music discussion.....I know you guys love Tiwa Savage like anything grin grin grin grin.

Liquideep is the only South African Artist that is listened to in Nigeria. Not like they are popular ooo, just 'Playlist Add-up' smiley smiley
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2013

aish true hey!

My granny doesn't know English shem yati..its very sad.but thank god she's learning small through tv programmes nd her grandchildren.

Almost turned out like her.. Coz my afrikaans sharp sharp!
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2013

Like seriously? I thought Afrikaans was only spoken by white South Africans of Dutch ancestry. I never knew some blacks in SA speak Afrikaans too.

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
speedyboi:

You think sey na twitter you dey? undecided

@Music discussion.....I know you guys love Tiwa Savage like anything grin grin grin grin.

Liquideep is the only South African Artist that is listened to in Nigeria. Not like they are popular ooo, just 'Playlist Add-up' smiley smiley
also Mafikizolos _Khona abi..
Lotsa my 9ja friends ask me bout that Jam
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
nadia_SA: also Mafikizolos _Khona abi..
Ya, that song is popular all over Africa.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Theben:
Biko, don't insult us grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin lol that girl Worse joor!
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Ya, that song is popular all over Africa.
I stay in lagos, and listen to good music. But never heard the song.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
uj_sizzle: Speedyboi are u in SA too? grin
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy....No, I'm not! Why are you asking? undecided

nadia_SA: also Mafikizolos _Khona abi..
Sey wetin? No one listen to that music here o! I wonder how it got to Trace' Africa 10.

Maybe other countries do.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Afam4eva(m): 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
Theben:
You may not know the artiste but on hearing the song, it will ring a bell.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
ngwana.mobu:

Ah but ngiyakhuluma sometimes mos? You're not alone
no its not fair
I want a zulu who doesn't understand sotho like me...
That's fair u can't b knowing all languages wedwa!!
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
nadia_SA: aish true hey!

My granny doesn't know English shem yati..its very sad.but thank god she's learning small through tv programmes nd her grandchildren.

It's sad shame! My grandma buys Huisgenoot only! No English magazines in her house.
Afam4eva:
Like seriously? I thought Afrikaans was only spoken by white South Africans of Dutch ancestry. I never knew some blacks in SA speak Afrikaans too.

It's sad shame! My grandma buys Huisgenoot only! No English magazines in her house.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by UjSizzle(f): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
speedyboi:
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy....No, I'm not! Why are you asking? undecided

Sey wetin? No one listen to that music here o! I wonder how it got to Trace' Africa 10.

I saw you peeping.

I've always assumed Mafikizolo was Kenyan and not Southie.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
uj_sizzle:
What will a plane ticket to naija cost from your lil mountain? I wanna work towards an invite wink
1000.00 dollars miss wink
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
speedyboi:

I won't tok something I kno no..
I don't know how many of my 9ja friends hve askd the meaning of tht song or for me to send it to them..

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
The SA names I'm seeing on this thread are tongue twisting. Are there no sexy names in SA? angry
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
Theben:

Thank you! angry. The music be like noise. I don't know where Afam dey listen to him own
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by UjSizzle(f): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
Theben:
Serious? You haven't heard Khona? shocked
Search it online, i'm almost certain you've heard it.

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: 1000.00 dollars miss wink
I suspect you're in lesotho
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2013

Afam4eva:
Afrikaans is a second language subject in most white schools. Like with me, I didn't have a choice but had to learn the language.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by UjSizzle(f): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: 1000.00 dollars miss wink
Ofcoz. you use the dollar in Lesotho? undecided
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Serious? You haven't heard Khona? shocked
Search it online, i'm almost certain you've heard it.
Lolz, I'll do just that
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Steve Biko and others went on a toyi toyi for change, imagine being taught maths, and sciences in Afrikaans

We are glad those trying days are over sha.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Afam4eva(m): 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
speedyboi:

Thank you! angry. The music be like noise. I don't know where Afam dey listen to him own
Except we're referring to a different song. But if it's the Khona that i know then i'll like to let you know that it's trending in Naija. Even in clubs, parties etc.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
ngwana.mobu:

thank God we got this whole Boer thing under control..

Wouldn't want my bbies experiencing such..that's y I'll never vote for white gorvernment nomotter how corrupt the ones we have are..

NeVER
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
nadia_SA: I won't tok something I kno no..
I don't know how many of my 9ja friends hve askd the meaning of tht song or for me to send it to them..
Lord have mercy! Okay....lemme narrow it. Maybe na only Lagos people dey listen to am...You know Lagos people dey crazy somehow. Na them go dey listen to that kind song.

on another note....abeg can I start criticizing? grin grin grin grin. Okay not criticizing per se. Just questions about my experience in your country cheesy
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
speedyboi:

Choi, I don remember the song. My bro dey torture me with the song well angry
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
ngwana.mobu:

Afrikaans is a second language subject in most white schools. Like with me, I didn't have a choice but had to learn the language.
I was introduced to the language in high school, grade11. I just bunked every afrikaans lesson until my mother pleaded on my behalf. grin from there I was free sha.

My mom's friend grew up in the plots, she can't read or write but she can even dream in afrikaans, I dey vex angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (92) (Reply)

Chadian Soldiers Led By President Idris Debby Burst Boko Haram Warehouse / COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) / Deadliest Black/African Warriors!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.