Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518996 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 8:21am On Oct 02, 2014
It's peaceful here........ will be spending better part of my time here.

zicoraads: She has re-transformed, I bliv its now MzM!

By the way...been finding u here quite often and its a lil bit strange wink

Top of the morning to you. Morning Sal C, Syncan and every member of this house!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Syncan:

May our prayers for you today find favor before the Lord, that HE may meet you at the point of your needs.

amen

thank you sir
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2014
jnrbayano: Dear KiddaBlingzz,

On this day I pray the good lord to meet you at every point of your need. May he allay your worries and fortify you with his spirit to wade through the troubles of this world.

May his blessings never depart from your household, your loved ones, your friends and even your enemies.

May the work of your hands be blessed and may the grace of our lord Jesus christ, the love of God and the sweet fellowship of the holy spirit be with you both now and forever. Amen.

You are a blessed child.

Hail mary full of grace the lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb JESUS....

Holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Glory be to the father and to the son and to the holy spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end

Amen.
amen and amen

thanks from the bottom of me heart bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Thank u dear n God bless ur good work @ SalC.

* FrankySnow where have u been? Ur attention is needed here*

Good morning cocoberry, you called so I'm here now. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: She's been missing in Action for a while now.

Missing in action? shocked have I? Gosh and I never noticed. sad
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 02, 2014
KiddaBlingzz I pray you find favor in all you do and may God continue to bless and protect you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 9:21am On Oct 02, 2014
Darling stick to one Moniker nah make I no where to find u.

MzMariah: Good morning cocoberry, you called so I'm here now. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Darling stick to one Moniker nah make I no where to find u.

Hahahahahaha.....them unban me 2 days ago. no vex dear. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 9:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Dearest KiddaBlingzz, U will be valuable and cherishable as the Holy Bible, meaningful as d words of God, appreciable as d prophets and u will be admired as Heaven IJN Amen. Let God's Grace be sufficient enough for u
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2014
Seriously? Wetin u do? shocked

MzMariah: Hahahahahaha.....them unban me 2 days ago. no vex dear. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Seriously? Wetin u do? shocked

Nothing o. it was FrancisTony o, he say na mzmariah he want o. he just kept saying ftankysnow can't be like mzmariah so he pressed the button, I just follow him Instruction. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2014
Kai I no no say some people na priest o! Bless me father! smiley

jnrbayano: Dear KiddaBlingzz,

On this day I pray the good lord to meet you at every point of your need. May he allay your worries and fortify you with his spirit to wade through the troubles of this world.

May his blessings never depart from your household, your loved ones, your friends and even your enemies.

May the work of your hands be blessed and may the grace of our lord Jesus christ, the love of God and the sweet fellowship of the holy spirit be with you both now and forever. Amen.

You are a blessed child.

Hail mary full of grace the lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb JESUS....

Holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Glory be to the father and to the son and to the holy spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2014
Awwww ok, it's all good, been think say u don e- slap person.

MzMariah: Nothing o. it was FrancisTony o, he say na mzmariah he want o. he just kept saying ftankysnow can't be like mzmariah so he pressed the button, I just follow him Instruction. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Kai I no no say some people na priest o! Bless me father! smiley

Lol. when I see that prayer eh my own hang for air. grin I no even know how to start my own. cheesy

Jnrbayano bless me father too. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Awwww ok, it's all good, been think say u don e- slap person.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You know say I no get the power to e-slap anybody even though I sabi look for trouble well well. wink grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MizMyColi(f): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Kiddablingzz kept sharing, so I thought to come and have a peep.

Nice one guys. I love praying for people too.

But then, a Christian Atheist/Agnostic like me couldn't possibly ask for prayers.

Lolest.

It gets better.

Hava nice day everyone kiss
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2014
"The Lord says this: ‘I myself will send an angel before you to guard you as you go and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Give him reverence and listen to all that he says. Offer him no defiance; he would not pardon such a fault, for my name is in him. If you listen carefully to his voice and do all that I say, I shall be enemy to your enemies, foe to your foes. My angel will go before you." Exodus 23:20-23

I was taught as a little child, that I have an angel always by my side. Indeed most children did learn such too. I was taught to salute his presence with this little prayer:

O Angel of God my Guardian Dear
To whom God's love commits me hear
Ever this day be at my side
To light and guard
To rule and guide
Amen.

Were you taught same? When last did you say it? Oh, sorry, I forgot you're all grown now and need no angels. You may be right, for angels are for children. There is for every child according to Jesus in Matt 18:10, and when the Israelite s became children to be led by God; there was one for them too(as seen above). How often have we lived in total indifference to the one longest companion of our lifetime, how ungrateful we are not to acknowledge a one who is always at our service, yet silently each day he smiles or weeps in approval or disappointment at our acts. He waits on us every second of our lives, waiting eagerly to be of service, to show you the power of God over all, to enlighten you on how much you're worth to God. When last did you spare a thought for him;who will accompany you to the judgement throne? Yes, Yes, I remember, you're all grown up now. May I never grow up, if it means losing my angel. For now I am proud to say "I am a child of God". Happy Feast of the Guardian Angels.

Good morning brethren, A splendid day ahead to all.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi: Kiddablingzz kept sharing, so I thought to come and have a peep.

Nice one guys. I love praying for people too.

But then, a Christian Atheist/Agnostic like me couldn't possibly ask for prayers.

Lolest.

It gets better.

Hava nice day everyone kiss
have a nice day lovely one smiley

mummy SalC, she is in.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Great job Salc, may God bless u... Book me For 15th Oct... @ Kiddablingzz: May our good Lord grant u all ur heart desires in no distant tym, n may he continue to bless n kip u...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
I can see the house is active......to those who are busy,they can say a prayer for each person on his or her chosen day!
For me that is what i will be doing.@Salc i just sent you a pm,we gat to talk business and all. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
debbie: I can see the house is active......to those who are busy,they can say a prayer for each person on his or her chosen day!
For me that is what i will be doing.@Salc i just sent you a pm,we gat to talk business and all. cheesy

That's what SalC says. The prayer isn't done here, but at home...especially with the October devotion ongoing..., saying something here is purely optional and to keep the thread in the spirit I guess. I greet you Ma'am.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
Alright bro.....its all good,that means we have to be reminded of who is to be prayed for each day.Plenty things de my head. cry
Syncan:

That's what SalC says. The prayer isn't done here, but at home...especially with the October devotion ongoing..., saying something here is purely optional and to keep the thread in the spirit I guess. I greet you Ma'am.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
striktlymi:

You are not missing too much I guess.

God did not create humans and abandon them. He blessed them immediately after creation. This is very much unlike what he did to His other creatures.

God's blessings come in the form of graces. Our first parents were given the necessary grace to act in line with whatever God may command.

The order was for them not to eat from the tree that takes one out of the state of innocence. That state before one attains the age of reasoning.

Before that humongous responsibility was given to them, God has already factored in their weaknesses and likelihood to fall, hence He blessed them before hand.

It is expected that with that blessing, keeping the 'regulation' should be a 'walk in the park'. This is similar to s parent buying a 'walker' and a 'baby chord' for his child.

Those are expected to make the child's learning experience both easier and safe. The fear of falling down a flight of stairs doesn't come in here because the environment is enabling enough for the child.

That is what God's blessing was supposed to do for our first parents. If God had done more than that, then Adam & Eve would have been mere toys or puppets.

Like you mentioned, God refused to micro manage Adam and Eve. This in itself is good because it doesn't get in the way of the learning process.

Every good parent try's hard not to stand in the way of a child and his learning. This was exactly what God did by making himself scarce on some occasions.

The question remains: Why then did he put that 'blasted' tree in there if indeed he loves us?

I have my thoughts on that but it may take us a bit off the present discourse.

In any case, the Genesis story holds so many truths that we often over look due to habit. Ever wondered why we share similar genes with apes? The answer is right there in Genesis.

now this is interesting.

Let me milk you futher

go on...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Which dates are still open?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: It's peaceful here........ will be spending better part of my time here.

Wise choice

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
SalC: Welcome and God bless you dear brother, Please if you don't mind I plead with you to take another date, for now I want us to book the dates singly before considering pairing name and Woky already chose 9th

The available dates are...

6th
10th-12th
14th-22nd
24th-26th
29th-30th

Thanks.

i'll take 20th.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
@Kiddablingz I pray that God will perfect all that concerns you this day and the rest of your life through Christ our Lord. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: amen and amen

thanks from the bottom of me heart bro

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
debbie: Alright bro.....its all good,that means we have to be reminded of who is to be prayed for each day.Plenty things de my head. cry

If you shine eye wella, you'll see she's doing that, more so, there's a post containing names from 1st to 4th for now. You fit copy am for Apron.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Syncan: "The Lord says this: ‘I myself will send an angel before you to guard you as you go and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Give him reverence and listen to all that he says. Offer him no defiance; he would not pardon such a fault, for my name is in him. If you listen carefully to his voice and do all that I say, I shall be enemy to your enemies, foe to your foes. My angel will go before you." Exodus 23:20-23

I was taught as a little child, that I have an angel always by my side. Indeed most children did learn such too. I was taught to salute his presence with this little prayer:

O Angel of God my Guardian Dear
To whom God's love commits me hear
Ever this day be at my side
To light and guard
To rule and guide
Amen.

Were you taught same? When last did you say it? Oh, sorry, I forgot you're all grown now and need no angels. You may be right, for angels are for children. There is for every child according to Jesus in Matt 18:10, and when the Israelite s became children to be led by God; there was one for them too(as seen above). How often have we lived in total indifference to the one longest companion of our lifetime, how ungrateful we are not to acknowledge a one who is always at our service, yet silently each day he smiles or weeps in approval or disappointment at our acts. He waits on us every second of our lives, waiting eagerly to be of service, to show you the power of God over all, to enlighten you on how much you're worth to God. When last did you spare a thought for him;who will accompany you to the judgement throne? Yes, Yes, I remember, you're all grown up now. May I never grow up, if it means losing my angel. For now I am proud to say "I am a child of God". Happy Feast of the Guardian Angels.

Good morning brethren, A splendid day ahead to all.

I wish you the same sir. Thanks for sharing
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kamsified:
I wish you the same sir. Thanks for sharing

Adanne, you're welcome. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: It's peaceful here........ will be spending better part of my time here.

Nice. You're welcome always dear one

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.