Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517564 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Syncan:

Adanne, you're welcome. God bless you.
Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Getting to know you all one by one. If i send u a PM kindly reply oooo.
I hope its ok...So expect my pm
Meanwhile Syncan over to you.... grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
modestdude: It will be interesting if we have your real names @least one, so that we wont pray for unexisting people with unexisting (NICK)names in God' s register. grin

If not we gonna be like, "Heavenly Father, bless my friend Kiddablings......"
Lol I know right? But then again the one we're talking to already knows who we all are so nl anonymity doesn't apply to him shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
debbie: Getting to know you all one by one. If i send u a PM kindly reply oooo.
I hope its ok...So expect my pm
Meanwhile Syncan over to you.... grin

Aha, I was expecting it since:

debbie: i will pm you within this week
....This was 11th August.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by obayaya(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kiddablingz!!!

My Prayers for you today is that you may find favor in the sight of God and men. That your life shall be a living testimonials of God's love.

Our lady of John 2 shall intercede for you this month and always..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
nnekamezor: Great job Salc, may God bless u... Book me For 15th Oct... @ Kiddablingzz: May our good Lord grant u all ur heart desires in no distant tym, n may he continue to bless n kip u...
Noted Sis. God bless us all

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by obayaya(m): 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Is October 12 free? (it better be)

Book me for October 12 abeg, mbok, Biko grin

cc: SalC
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
debbie: I can see the house is active......to those who are busy,they can say a prayer for each person on his or her chosen day!
For me that is what i will be doing.@Salc i just sent you a pm,we gat to talk business and all. cheesy
Yeah anyone can drop a few lines of prayers here and still specially for the person being prayed for during your prayer time.

Hehehe what a great day! Replied cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Syncan: "The Lord says this: ‘I myself will send an angel before you to guard you as you go and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Give him reverence and listen to all that he says. Offer him no defiance; he would not pardon such a fault, for my name is in him. If you listen carefully to his voice and do all that I say, I shall be enemy to your enemies, foe to your foes. My angel will go before you." Exodus 23:20-23

I was taught as a little child, that I have an angel always by my side. Indeed most children did learn such too. I was taught to salute his presence with this little prayer:

O Angel of God my Guardian Dear
To whom God's love commits me hear
Ever this day be at my side
To light and guard
To rule and guide
Amen.

Were you taught same? When last did you say it? Oh, sorry, I forgot you're all grown now and need no angels. You may be right, for angels are for children. There is for every child according to Jesus in Matt 18:10, and when the Israelite s became children to be led by God; there was one for them too(as seen above). How often have we lived in total indifference to the one longest companion of our lifetime, how ungrateful we are not to acknowledge a one who is always at our service, yet silently each day he smiles or weeps in approval or disappointment at our acts. He waits on us every second of our lives, waiting eagerly to be of service, to show you the power of God over all, to enlighten you on how much you're worth to God. When last did you spare a thought for him;who will accompany you to the judgement throne? Yes, Yes, I remember, you're all grown up now. May I never grow up, if it means losing my angel. For now I am proud to say "I am a child of God". Happy Feast of the Guardian Angels.

Good morning brethren, A splendid day ahead to all.

Remain blessed bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
obayaya: Is October 12 free? (it better be)

Book me for October 12 abeg, mbok, Biko grin

cc: SalC
Forgive me for not including your name in the mentions, I was wrong...pardon my old age biko

12th it is! Signed and sealed! smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

i'll take 20th.
Noted bro, signed, stamped and sealed! smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by obayaya(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
SalC: Forgive me for not including your name in the mentions, I was wrong...pardon my old age biko

12th it is! Signed and sealed! smiley

Great cool

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

now this is interesting.

Let me milk you futher

go on...

If we look at the story of Adam, Eve and the Garden a bit closer, we would notice that God did not just put one special tree in there, as it is the popular opinion. There were 2 special trees in the middle of the garden:

Genesis 2 Good News Translation (GNT)

9 He made all kinds of beautiful trees grow there and produce good fruit. In the middle of the garden stood the tree that gives life and the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad.

On one hand was the tree that gives life (underlined above) and on the other was the tree that gives the knowledge of good and evil (in bold above). The second tree is very different from the first because with it comes the promise of death; not life.

The tree of life, I believe, was one that could help sustain the purity and innocence in which Adam and Eve were made into. It could help them remain in that state before the age reasoning. The state in which they can do no wrong even when their actions in themselves are wrong.

If they don't know an action is wrong, they can't be held accountable for that, just like children. The order God gave was for them to eat from every other tree (including the one that gives life) except for that which brings death.

The foregoing brings me to my earlier question: "Why then did he put that 'blasted' tree in there if indeed he loves us?"

My simple answer to that is LOVE!!! If you love someone, you should be ready to let them make their own choices, even when those choices are wrong. You can't claim to love someone when you make a puppet out of that individual.

God gave man more than he needed to survive. He gave man everything there is with the hope that man would be too busy enjoying himself to think of going against the only wish of a Father.

To bring this thought home, think in terms of a young lady who got everything she needed from her parents such that she doesn't have any cause to ask any man, some of whom only want to get under her skirt, for anything.

The lady would have absolutely no need to compromise her 'innocence' for anything. If such a lady goes forth to allow a man break her just for a few lousy naira, then that lady has done something terrible to her father.

God did not only give Adam and Eve all, He gave them something extra: a special tree that gives life; planted right in the middle of the garden where they have ready access to it.

In my view, the tree of good and evil was not planted for man to fall but grow in God's grace.

What do you think?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Available dates

6th
10th-11th
14th
16th-19th
21st-22nd
24th-26th
29th-30th

Tag: Modestdude
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
SalC: Available dates

6th
10th-11th
14th
16th-19th
21st-22nd
24th-26th
29th-30th

Tag: Modestdude
10th bro. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
modestdude: 10th bro. Thanks
Noted. 10th it is cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
SalC: Noted bro, signed, stamped and sealed! smiley

thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
striktlymi:

If we look at the story of Adam, Eve and the Garden a bit closer, we would notice that God did not just put one special tree in there, as it is the popular opinion. There were 2 special trees in the middle of the garden:

Genesis 2 Good News Translation (GNT)

9 He made all kinds of beautiful trees grow there and produce good fruit. In the middle of the garden stood the tree that gives life and the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad.

On one hand was the tree that gives life (underlined above) and on the other was the tree that gives the knowledge of good and evil (in bold above). The second tree is very different from the first because with it comes the promise of death; not life.

The tree of life, I believe, was one that could help sustain the purity and innocence in which Adam and Eve were made into. It could help them remain in that state before the age reasoning. The state in which they can do no wrong even when their actions in themselves are wrong.

If they don't know an action is wrong, they can't be held accountable for that, just like children. The order God gave was for them to eat from every other tree (including the one that gives life) except for that which brings death.

The foregoing brings me to my earlier question: "Why then did he put that 'blasted' tree in there if indeed he loves us?"

My simple answer to that is LOVE!!! If you love someone, you should be ready to let them make their own choices, even when those choices are wrong. You can't claim to love someone when you make a puppet out of that individual.

God gave man more than he needed to survive. He gave man everything there is with the hope that man would be too busy enjoying himself to think of going against the only wish of a Father.

To bring this thought home, think in terms of a young lady who got everything she needed from her parents such that she doesn't have any cause to ask any man, some of whom only want to get under her skirt, for anything.

The lady would have absolutely no need to compromise her 'innocence' for anything. If such a lady goes forth to allow a man break her just for a few lousy naira, then that lady has done something terrible to her father.

God did not only give Adam and Eve all, He gave them something extra: a special tree that gives life; planted right in the middle of the garden where they have ready access to it.

In my view, the tree of good and evil was not planted for man to fall but grow in God's grace.

What do you think?

i think, you've gat a powerful handle on the story. God has provided oversufficiently for them to chose right, for them to chose life, for them to chose to obey.

This gat me thinking...this is exactly what happens when we sin, this happens everyday. We've gat a personal soul guard (our guardian angel), the presence of God in our souls with its associated graces. Heck we gat God at our beck and call. He made himself indebted to us when we commanded that we ask. In a way we are most time like adam and eve in a garden. We have been given special I V card and membership cards into eternal joy. More especially we all know what is right!

Yet we still act like adam, we fail, we fall, we are banish. We chose ourselves instead of God. We want to be our own gods. Or we will rather allow our passion have dominion over us than allow our creator.

So my question.

Do you think the story is real?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
KiddaBlingzz

My prayer for you is that God will visit you in a way you least expected, your life will be a life of testimonies, When people talk about those who are so favoured by God, your name must be there, He will lead you in the path of righteousness and crown your effort with glory through Christ our Lord Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

i think, you've gat a powerful handle on the story. God has provided oversufficiently for them to chose right, for them to chose life, for them to chose to obey.

This gat me thinking...this is exactly what happens when we sin, this happens everyday. We've gat a personal soul guard (our guardian angel), the presence of God in our souls with its associated graces. Heck we gat God at our beck and call. He made himself indebted to us when we commanded that we ask. In a way we are most time like adam and eve in a garden. We have been given special I V card and membership cards into eternal joy. More especially we all know what is right!

Yet we still act like adam, we fail, we fall, we are banish. We chose ourselves instead of God. We want to be our own gods. Or we will rather allow our passion have dominion over us than allow our creator.

So my question.

Gbowam!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kindablingz, I pray that God's grace will be with you. May God grant you your heart desires and never allow you to be separated from Him; Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
I choose 16th. Cc Salc
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
IFY124: I choose 16th. Cc Salc
Noted Sis.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:30am On Oct 03, 2014
Kiddablingz

Adim very busy yesterday but I've prayed for you..

God bless you..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:33am On Oct 03, 2014
obayaya:

Great cool
Obayaya!! cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:48am On Oct 03, 2014
woky: Obayaya!! cheesy
My guy... Na you dey night duty today.... And I was trying to be the first to comment on our anniversary... You jst beat me to it... sad
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:51am On Oct 03, 2014
Today is my day... So these are my intentions... Praying for a good job that wont compromise me and my faith/values and that God will help me in the business that am trying to develop... Morning all...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:53am On Oct 03, 2014
Brethren, this thread was created by MrAladin on the 3rd of october 2013 and today bin the 3rd of october 2014 makes it ONE YEAR

I beseech you all to say three hail mary and one glory be to the father for our thread..

Thanks and God bless you all.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:58am On Oct 03, 2014
bros na me dy night duty o.. Why you wake up early??
Rich4god: My guy... Na you dey night duty today.... And I was trying to be the first to comment on our anniversary... You jst beat me to it ... sad
tongue

Ndewo smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by obayaya(m): 5:39am On Oct 03, 2014
woky: Obayaya!! cheesy

Woky!!! cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:40am On Oct 03, 2014
This thread has realy helped me alot... Waking up in the morning to see great write ups from different people on this thread have really boosted my faith in the catholic church...

Even though I seem to have known the monikers of stryk, Uben, Syncan, Italo and Chukwudi44 in all those anti-catholic threads, this thread have made me to know them better...

Then came Salc, I could remember the 1st day we spoke over the phone, I was a little bit careful not to say something that will make her feel as though I have a negative intention for giving her my number, but today, I no longer censor my words while talking to her as she is now my e-mumsysmiley:p... Remain blessed
Then I met woky8-)... Didnt even know that he was living at the back of my house... A guy with a simple heart that spoilt me with drinks... I still wonder why time runs faster anytime I pay him a visit. God will continue to stregthen you.

I never knew that some1 can have a sister that you havent met or talked to... But I find such a person in MariaGoretti (MG)... Even though we havent met, she has always being there for me. I dont know how, but when ever we meet, I will be driving home with a trailer load of cake.:p More icing to you cake "My Lady"...

I dont eat spags much, but thanks to Chikk, she made me fell in love with it... And now, anytime am cooking spags, I always try to prepare it the way she served it to me:p8-). God will realy bless her for that and may our mother Mary continue to petition her intention to Christ.
What ever that made me to e-propose to kamsified is what I dont know, but am realy happy I did that, even though it may seem childish... Chatting up with her is like having all the comedians around you... Who say ladies cant make a better comedia "You go laff so tey pple go tink say you don cr*se"... I call her my zing, cos she has been a source of inspiration to me. God will reward you for that. And to cap it all, she realy "cares":*...

Am looking forward to meeting all of you one day, esp jnrbayano who is kinda close to my current location... You all are a wonderful family to me.

You may not know, but I have realy learnt alot from Uben, Italo, HC, Syncan, Debbie, Bluerange, Babestel, PopeII, pepylov, Chuks, ify *salc help me complete the list* and all those who take their time to make comment here, not just comment but God speaking through them... All your contribution keeps encouraging me in keeping the faith flying... May God bless you all... And before I forget, my e-broda kiddaBlingzz and his pally FrancisTony, God will surely answer you guys prayer. Have a funfilled day... *permit me if I omit your name*
Edited...
To MrAladin our landloard, just as you got the inspiration to open this thread, may God continue to inspire you in all you do through Christ our Lord...

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Ubenedictus:

So my question.

One or more cardinals have described the Genesis story as a combination of myths and truths.

I would love to believe that every 'ounce' of the story is real but the question is, how do we define real?

If you define real as something borne by our everyday experiences then I may be inclined to go with the thoughts of those cardinals.

If on the other hand, your definition of real is about whether the events took place or not, then I may have a different opinion.

The Genesis story is basically about love and betrayal. God's love prompted him to utilize his capacity for creation; for which He created everything good.

His love helped him to forgive and show empathy when that love was betrayed by man's greed. The story showed us why the Earth is in disharmony and 'evil' thrives.

If the story is viewed in that light then my take on it is that the story is as real as it gets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.