Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519253 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2015
ChineloSA, Kizmarty and Frodobee, may the almighty God bless you all and keep you and may he make his face shine upon you and give you peace.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2015
May the Lord God almighty let all Peppyluv02's heart desires be acceptable in his sight through our Lord Jesus christ his son.

Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 5:39pm On May 27, 2015
Btoks and SalC, may God continue to bless you two. Send forth his spirit and renew thy lives. Protect thou from all evils and be thy guide forever and ever.

Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 5:51pm On May 27, 2015
May God grant Woky the forgiveness of his sins. May he send upon you his holy spirit and bless you with his kingdom of justice, love and peace.

Amen

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
Fembleez1:
Btoks and SalC, may God continue to bless you two. Send forth his spirit and renew thy lives. Protect thou from all evils and be thy guide forever and ever.

Amen
God bless you dear

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 6:10pm On May 27, 2015
HurricaneChris, may the Lord never let his praise and thanksgiving depart from thy mouth.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:21pm On May 27, 2015
Babestell where are you?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:40pm On May 27, 2015
Jennydoris nwa,

May the good lord fill you and grant all your heart desires both now and for all time through Christ our lord.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 7:50pm On May 27, 2015
Fembleez1:
HurricaneChris, may the Lord never let his praise and thanksgiving depart from thy mouth.

Amen.

Amen, my Oga.
And you too.

Good evening friends.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:53pm On May 27, 2015
I have a feeling that uncle Italo has been at capital oil gas station all day looking for cheap fuel lipsrsealed Hence I'll go ahead n chose his special psalm for tomorrow except I hear from him before midnight
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:56pm On May 27, 2015
Kamsified:
I have a feeling that uncle Italo has been at capital oil gas station all day looking for cheap fuel lipsrsealed Hence I'll go ahead n chose his special psalm for tomorrow except I hear from him before midnight

No I'm not at Capital Oil...lol.

Psalm 138, please.

God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 27, 2015
Thanks luv.
Fembleez1:
May the Lord God almighty let all Peppyluv02's heart desires be acceptable in his sight through our Lord Jesus christ his son.

Amen

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 27, 2015
Chinelo, kirzmarty, freedobbe, jennydoris., hurricanechris....May God bless you abundantly .

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 8:20pm On May 27, 2015
My gratitude goes out to you all my family...
For your prayers and good wishes..
Am grateful. Thank you so much.

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:42pm On May 27, 2015
italo:

No I'm not at Capital Oil...lol.

Psalm 138, please.

God bless you.
Lol. I didn't know where else u could be na undecided
Thanks dear. Hope you're aware we're already using psalm 138 as the standard psalm for the novena?

Anyway there's no rule against using psalm 138 as a special psalm too.
Noted n updated. God bless u too dear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:17pm On May 27, 2015
May the good Lord receive our praises and
grant us many testimonies in our lives. Amen.

May the Lord meet you at your points of need
Jennydoris

Good evening brethren, a peaceful night ahead
to all.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:30pm On May 27, 2015
Pamcrest:

So where is this leading to.......

Welcome to the thread.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:45am On May 28, 2015
Novena day 19:

Today the 28th of May, we are praying specially for [size=16pt]Italo[/size].

Novena prayers

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and pettition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Italo who we pray for today, and of mine(you may add yours), through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail mary, with eyes filled with hope and fillial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special request. . . Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hand

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by cosiocan(m): 2:46am On May 28, 2015
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:55am On May 28, 2015
Italo dear may the Lord your maker favour that which concerns you, may he give you help from zion and cause you to be steadfast in him through Christ our Lord.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:41am On May 28, 2015
SalC:
Italo dear may the Lord your maker favour that which concerns you, may he give you help from zion and cause you to be steadfast in him through Christ our Lord.

Amen. God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cosiocan(m): 8:07am On May 28, 2015
Just as the children of Israel could not understand that Law of Moses. But their minds were blinded.
Even so the world cannot understand the mystery of the gospel of Christ;
"Which is Christ in you, the hope of glory".
But even to this day, when the gospel is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord Jesus Christ, the veil is taken away.
Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
( 2 Corinthians 3).
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cosiocan(m): 8:14am On May 28, 2015
Just as the children of Israel could not understand that Law of Moses. But their minds were blinded.
Even so the world cannot understand the mystery of the gospel of Christ;
"Which is Christ in you, the hope of glory".
But even to this day, when the gospel is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord Jesus Christ, the veil is taken away.
Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
( 2 Corinthians 3).
www.nairaland.com/2338492/christ-himself-holy-spirit#34165370
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:02am On May 28, 2015
@Italo as we pray for you this day, may The Lord who knows our heart desires meet you at the point of your needs. May he guide you in every step/decision you take and may the peace of God which surpasses all understanding keep you heart and mind through Christ Jesus. For these I pray through Christ our Lord. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:36am On May 28, 2015
May the good Lord receive our praises and grant us many testimonies in our lives. Amen. May the Lord meet you at your points of need Italo

Good Morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 2:59pm On May 28, 2015
Kamsified:
@Italo as we pray for you this day, may The Lord who knows our heart desires meet you at the point of your needs. May he guide you in every step/decision you take and may the peace of God which surpasses all understanding keep you heart and mind through Christ Jesus. For these I pray through Christ our Lord. Amen
Syncan:
May the good Lord receive our praises and
grant us many testimonies in our lives. Amen.
May the Lord meet you at your points of need
Italo
Good Morning brethren, a splendid day ahead
to all.

Amen. May the Lord give you guys some of my own portion of blessings to add to yours. smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 6:34pm On May 28, 2015
Jennydoris, may God grant you good health of mind and body and bless you with all your needs through christ our Lord

Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 28, 2015
God bless you,Italo..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:18pm On May 28, 2015
My lord my God, you see your son and our own Italo, bless and prosper him now and always.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 8:51pm On May 28, 2015
Italo, May you be blessed all the days of your life.
Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:38pm On May 28, 2015
Novena day 20:

Tomorrow the 29th of May, we are praying
specially for Nigeria.

Novena prayers:

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we
approach in humility your throne, with
thanksgiving and pettition. Thanksgiving for the
numerous mercies received from you, and
petition for the many needs that weigh heavily
on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially
for our country Nigeria, who we pray for today, and of mine (you may add yours), through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail mary, with eyes filled with hope and fillial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys .

Psalm 138

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before
the “gods” I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and
will praise your name for your unfailing love and
your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your
solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly
emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you,
Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the
glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on
the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you
preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of
my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord,
endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special request. . . Psalm 85

LORD, you were favorable to your land;you restored the fortunes of Jacob.
You forgave the iniquity of your people; you pardoned all their sin. Selah
You withdrew all your wrath; you turned from your hot anger.
Restore us again, O God of our salvation, and put away your indignation toward us.
Will you be angry with us forever? Will you prolong your anger to all generations?
Will you not revive us again, so that your people may rejoice in you?
Show us your steadfast love, O LORD, and grant us your salvation.
Let me hear what God the LORD will speak, for he will speak peace to his people, to his faithful, to those who turn to him in their hearts.
Surely his salvation is at hand for those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land.
Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet righteousness and peace will kiss each other.
Faithfulness will spring up from the ground, and righteousness will look down from the sky.
The LORD will give what is good, and our land will yield its increase.
Righteousness will go before him, and will make a path for his steps.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 11:56pm On May 28, 2015
May the Lord meet you Italo at every point of your need through christ our Lord

Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.