Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517280 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!!!

Nah, only going through some stuff.
Ok it's allowed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

Too Much Enjoyment..
Nay, evidence of being tired in the morning.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sal C: Yea since they turned my nights to morning, I've decided to turn my morning into night
shifting tinx.. U wrk in a hospital ryt??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
woky: shifting tinx.. U wrk in a hospital ryt??
Yes
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sal C: Yes
dats gud.. Ar u a doctor or a nurse
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
italo:

Now let me give you a little example of how we all gain one or two things from one another. I might have had some knowledge that some Catholics didnt expressly have but I often found myself falling for the provocation of non-Catholics. I'd have no hesitation to use harsh or insultive words. I did learn the value (or virtue) of temperance and calmness from people like Syncan, Ubenedictus, Rich4God and many other less known Catholics here. I learnt, not just because they specifically told me but because I saw them live out the example. I have also learnt a lot on theology from Syncan, Ubenedictus, Chukwudi44 and a number of others. Sometimes i learn from those Catholics who would ignore all the arguments and just post a prayer or a devotion, even without having enough know-how to 'defend' it. Yes! We need that too. I cannot mention every single thing that I have gained from every single person here but just know that every single Catholic here has added something positive to my life.
God bless his Holy Catholic Church.
Wow... Am happy seeing my name being mentioned by Italo... Never knew people do notice my contribution. Am really happy that we Catholics are putting up our best to defend our faith. I do hope that the Holy Spirit will always give up the wisdom and inspiration needed to defend the mother church anywhere we found ourself. Remain bless. Glory to Jesus.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:01am On Oct 16, 2013
woky: dats gud.. Ar u a doctor or a nurse
None.
A Medical Lab Scientist.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:03am On Oct 16, 2013
Rich4god:
Wow... Am happy seeing my name being mentioned by Italo... Never knew people do notice my contribution. Am really happy that we Catholics are putting up our best to defend our faith. I do hope that the Holy Spirit will always give up the wisdom and inspiration needed to defend the mother church anywhere we found ourself. Remain bless. Glory to Jesus.
Glad to have you here brother. You are welcome.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 2:12am On Oct 16, 2013
Rich4god:

Well, people do notice...and God does too. wink

Let us also pray that the Holy Spirit puts love in our hearts for those who are ignorant of the faith, no matter how unloving they might be.

1Pet 3:15 Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

It was our first Pope that said so. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:20am On Oct 16, 2013
@ Mr. Alladin, Those words by St. Terea of avila "Lord, I am a daughter of the church", hmm...those words...they fill me with pride, confidence and determination to persevere till the end, for therein, indeed therein, lies the key to the kingdom.

Though she is not one of my most favourite big sisters sha...I de fear am 'cos her way take style harsh.... grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:39am On Oct 16, 2013
I greet you all. Glory to Jesus, honour to Mary!

In honour of the ongoing oct. devotions, Just a little one, "When was the earliest recorded appariton of our Lady, to whom and where?"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 5:32am On Oct 16, 2013
Syncan: @ Mr. Alladin, Those words by St. Terea of avila "Lord, I am a daughter of the church", hmm...those words...they fill me with pride, confidence and determination to persevere till the end, for therein, indeed therein, lies the key to the kingdom.

Though she is not one of my most favourite big sisters sha...I de fear am 'cos her way take style harsh.... grin
Yes Sire. grin
Syncan: @ Mr. Alladin, Those words by St. Terea of avila "Lord, I am a daughter of the church", hmm...those words...they fill me with pride, confidence and determination to persevere till the end, for therein, indeed therein, lies the key to the kingdom.

Yes Sire.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 5:44am On Oct 16, 2013
Syncan: I greet you all. Glory to Jesus, honour to Mary!

In honour of the ongoing oct. devotions, Just a little one, "When was the earliest recorded appariton of our Lady, to whom and where?"
In 1907 the
Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to three
shepherd children--Lucia, Jacinta, and
Francisco In Portugal.
During The Time Of World War I,
She asked them to always pray their Rosary saying it is an act of pennance and the Rosary will Bring abt peace.
Am I Correct??
Please Sir Tell Me Am Correct.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:03am On Oct 16, 2013
Syncan: I greet you all. Glory to Jesus, honour to Mary!

The very first recorded apparition of our blessed mother took place in spain, when she appeared to St James the greater. The date was placed on the 2nd January 40AD. Because she was still alive then, some people prefer to refer to it as Bilocation.

Good morning brethren.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2013
IamaChosen: [size=15pt[/size]
Why here and why this font size?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2013

So you dey fear like this?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:56am On Oct 16, 2013
Sal C: The very first recorded apparition of our blessed mother took place in spain, when she appeared to St James the greater. The date was placed on the 2nd January 40AD. Because she was still alive then, some people prefer to refer to it as Bilocation.

Good morning brethren.

Correct! A church still exists at the site " Our lady of pillars". The story was attested to as true by the renowned mystic, Mary of agreda. Her book, city of God, is a must read for every catholic.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

In 1907 the
Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to three
shepherd children--Lucia, Jacinta, and
Francisco In Portugal.
During The Time Of World War I,
She asked them to always pray their Rosary saying it is an act of pennance and the Rosary will Bring abt peace.
Am I Correct??
Please Sir Tell Me Am Correct.

Hahaha, bro, abeg no work o, you' re wrong.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:14am On Oct 16, 2013
Sal C: So you dey fear like this?

I de fear o abeg, the road is rough and narrow no mean say you must waka for chuku chuku on bare feet join am. Levels pass levels, some levels too much jare. That our big Sis level na die.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
Good day friends. Hope you all are bracing up for All Saints and All Souls... You know so many anti catholic thread will β opened within this period as they will try †̥ associate cathoics and Hallowen. Greetings from me.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
Rich4god: Good day friends. Hope you all are bracing up for All Saints and All Souls... You know so many anti catholic thread will β opened within this period as they will try †̥ associate cathoics and Hallowen. Greetings from me.
In the name of Jesus Christ our God and lord, strengthened by the intercession of the Immaculate virgin Mary, Mother of God, of blessed Michael the Archangel, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul and all the saints. (and powerful in the holy authority of our ministry) we confidently undertake to repulse the attacks of deceits of the devil... Psalm 68:1 God arises; His enemies are scattered and those who hate Him flee before Him.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2013
As one friend often visits another, going to bid him good morning and good night, and looking in upon him at times during the day, so should you often visit Jesus his sacrament, and offer his precious blood many times in each visit to the Eternal Father, and you will see that your love will increase marvelously by these visits........St. Mary Magdalen de' Pazzi.

Good morning brethren.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2013
Syncan:

Correct! A church still exists at the site " Our lady of pillars". The story was attested to as true by the renowned mystic, Mary of agreda. Her book, city of God, is a must read for every catholic.
Hmmm I gerrit!

Bro, more kweshions when you come online.
*waiting*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:27am On Oct 18, 2013
Sal C: Hmmm I gerrit!

Bro, more kweshions when you come online.
*waiting*

Congrats on getting the answer. A people without history say our lady was not honoured by the apostles, isn't it wonderful to see a visible evidence of her powerful aid?

Good morning all, in continuation with the mood of oct. devotion, here is the next question: When and where did the church officially declare Mary, the mother of God?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:36am On Oct 18, 2013
Syncan:

Congrats on getting the answer. A people without history say our lady was not honoured by the apostles, isn't it wonderful to see a visible evidence of her powerful aid?

Good morning all, in continuation with the mood of oct. devotion, here is the next question: When and where did the church officially declare Mary, the mother of God?
Council of Ephesus in 431AD.

Good morning brethren.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:38am On Oct 18, 2013
Syncan:

Indeed it is.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:15am On Oct 18, 2013
Sal C: Council of Ephesus in 431AD.

Good morning brethren.

So quick this time, congrats!

Again isn't it wonderful to note that the same set of people God used in deciding the books to be cannonized (bible) in 393AD and following, were used to make this declaration? Today, a people without history will say "the bible is the word of God" but will not agree with same people who declared it so, when they also declare Mary as mother of God. Amazing!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:51am On Oct 18, 2013
Morning people. Sal C has come first in this quiz o...lol.

I have a small issue to share with everyone.

1. Some guy on nairaland has invited me to a debate between me and him at a location and time of my choice.

Does anyone have any suggestions...reservations etc?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 8:18am On Oct 18, 2013
Don't go
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2013
babestell: Don't go

smiley Thanks. Security reasons?

Do you mind expantiating?

By the way, I forgot to send my congratulations to your brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.