Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach (5613 Views)

Does Satan Really Exist? / Hell Fire Does Not Exist According To Jehovah's Witnesses. Is That True? / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
JMAN05:

what is the meaning of the bolded? when did I say such a thing?

Jesus wasnt a disembodied soul or spirit (ghost), but he was resurrected as a spirit person.

what haibe mean i think is that ghost doesnt exist but apparition does.

I dont see any reason argue it. you ve already agreed to that truth.

Thanks for making it clearer, i do not believe in ghosts(disembodied spirit of the deceased coming to life) but i belief in spirit beings(like angels demons, God etc)

Jesus became a spiritual being after resurrection, so i believe in spirits, i do not just believe in ghosts.

I think what is confusing @itsfact is the use of words.

1 Like

Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

Thanks for making it clearer, i do not believe in ghosts(disembodied spirit of the deceased coming to life) but i belief in spirit beings(like angels demons, God etc)

Jesus became a spiritual being after resurrection, so i believe in spirits, i do not just believe in ghosts.

you are the one who is confused. Because you are confused you keep changing your points. .

see what the definitions of apparition means. And one of them is ghost.

1. a supernatural appearance of a person or thing, especially a ghost; a specter or phantom; wraith: a ghostly apparition at midnight.

2. anything that appears, especially something remarkable or startling: the surprising apparition of cowboys in New York City.

3. an act of appearing; manifestation.

4. the appearance or time when a comet, especially a periodic one, is visible: the 1986 apparition of Halley's comet.

jman will say non sense you will take it. Funny how this nonsense he said is actually saying ghost exist. He admit to apparition.

apparition of a ghost or apparition of a phantom.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

@itsfact are you missing something here?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

jman will say non sense you will take it. Funny how this nonsense he said is actually saying ghost exist. He admit to apparition.

apparition of a ghost or apparition of a phantom.

Apparition is simply an appearance, i believe in apparition of spirits beings, i do not believe in apparition of ghosts(because they don't even exist), do you get it now?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

1. a supernatural appearance of a person or thing, especially a ghost; a specter or phantom; wraith:

Especially doesn't mean esclusive, i don't believe in the appearance of ghosts, i believe in the appearance of spirit beings.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

Jesus said he wasn't a ghost.

What is your definition of the ghost as used in this context?

Please answer this, don't dodge questions or are you related to ravgach?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

Please:

1) What is a ghost?

2) What is a spirit?

3) Is God a ghost?

4) Are angels ghosts?

5) Does man have a ghost in him?

Answer this too
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

Apparition is simply an appearance, i believe in apparition of spirits beings, i do not believe in apparition of ghosts(because they don't even exist), do you get it now?

when you say appearance something has to follow else by just saying appearance you wont be making any sense. Appearance of what? A ghost? A phantom? A comet?

especially tells you the situation that word apparition best describe or is usually used with ghost. I did not say it is exclusive.

you are looking for more excuse to remain confused.

i don't you my belief concerning when we die more than once. But i am telling you that ghost exist that is why Jesus describe it.

and i should have stopped talking when you brought funny assumption saying what if Jesus later told them ghost don't exist. Or how do we know.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

demons posing as your love one = ghost.

Can you prove from the bible that demons=ghosts ?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

i don't you my belief concerning when we die more than once. But i am telling you that ghost exist that is why Jesus describe it.

That's why i asked: what is your definition of ghost as used by Jesus in that verse, please answer first now.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
I answered this but for Bleep sake i will again. Spirit and ghost are same thing. Ghost is use to describe the spooky aspect of a spirit.

God is not spooky there for he is not a ghost.
holy spirit is called holy ghost. It depends on what one means.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

when you say appearance something has to follow else by just saying appearance you wont be making any sense. Appearance of what? A ghost? A phantom? A comet?

Okay i believe in appearance of angels, demons, i don't believe in appearance of ghost(dead person's apparition)
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

That's why i asked: what is your definition of ghost as used by Jesus in that verse, please answer first now.

that verse reads spirit but if you use ghost no palaba. They thought they saw a ghost. They were afraid and yes they are right to doubt. What if the devil want to deceive them? Jesus have to prove it is really him and tell them spirit don't have flesh and bones. Yet your friend jman say Jesus is lying that he is not a spirit when in fact he is a spirit.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts: God is not spooky there for he is not a ghost.
holy spirit is called holy ghost. It depends on what one means.

From your posts now, i can deduce that according to you:

Spirit and ghost mean the same thing.

God is not a ghost: since God is not a ghost and you say ghost is the same with spirit, it means God is not a spirit.

How can you reconcile this with John 4:24 ?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

that verse reads spirit but if you use ghost no palaba. They thought they saw a ghost. They were afraid and yes they are right to doubt. What if the devil want to deceive them? Jesus have to prove it is really him and tell them spirit don't have flesh and bones. Yet your friend jman say Jesus is lying that he is not a spirit when in fact he is a spirit.

The question is what is your definition of ghost or spirit as used by Jesus? I don't need stories.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

that verse reads spirit but if you use ghost no palaba..

The verse reads spirit in kjv because spirit was synonymous with ghost in archaic english.

In other new english versions, the word ghost is used in order not to cause confusion since spirit and ghost are now different in modern day english.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 11:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

From your posts now, i can deduce that according to you:

Spirit and ghost mean the same thing.

God is not a ghost: since God is not a ghost and you say ghost is the same with spirit, it means God is not a spirit.

How can you reconcile this with John 4:24 ?

this guy. Spirit means many things ohhhh. Ghost only fits to some aspect of it. Can you also say God is a liquid? Because there is a liquid that is called spirit.

you just need to open your mind to learn. Demons are spirit.
God is a spirit. Does it mean God is a demon? Hell No. When you talk spirit there is different kinds or ways to distinguish. We have holy, evil, unclean, etc spirits.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

this guy. Spirit means many things ohhhh. Ghost only fits to some aspect of it. Can you also say God is a liquid? Because there is a liquid that is called spirit.

you just need to open your mind to learn. Demons are spirit.
God is a spirit. Does it mean God is a demon? Hell No. When you talk spirit there is different kinds or ways to distinguish. We have holy, evil, unclean, etc spirits.

Just answer the questions above you, then i would reply.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 11:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

Just answer the questions above you, then i would reply.

already did.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Reincarnated(m): 11:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
What are u asking? If ghosts are the same as spirits or if ghosts exist on earth or if there are ghosts at all undecided
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

already did.

Jesus said he wasn't a ghost

What did he mean here, is it a dead man's apparition or spirit being like angel, God, etc.

What is your definition of this ghost in simple term not story?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Reincarnated: What are u asking? If ghosts are the same as spirits or if ghosts exist on earth or if there are ghosts at all undecided

Do ghosts(dead man's appearance to the living) exist?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

Jesus said he wasn't a ghost

What did he mean here, is it a dead man's apparition or spirit being like angel, God, etc.

What is your definition of this ghost in simple term not story?

you are being persistent.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

you are being persistent.

Let me just get what you think Jesus meant by ghost.

Is it a dead man's apparition or spirit being like angel, demon, God?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Zikdik(m): 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
yemi solar: First i have to ask you to clarify what you mean by ghost: does it mean just spirits (such as demons and angels) or souls of dead men?

The bible makes us they both exist. Only that the former are free to 'walk around' while the latter are confined to either heaven or hell at death-until they pick up their immortal bodies after rapture or white throne judgement respectively. It was this body that Jesus had at ressurection.

The jews just like most oriental religions believe in the existence of disenbodied biengs which Jesus did not deny their existence in his explanation. Remember the same thing happened when he walked on water and the desciples thought he was a ghost and he did not rebuke them for believing in ghosts but for their fear of ghosts.

Secondly, in the case of samuel: what nicromansers do is to acess the familiar spirit (demon) that walked with the dead and has all the information about him. It is this demon that speaks with their voice and give accurate information about them. But in the case of samuel, what the witch of endor saw was actually the real person hence her terrific cry that it had to be saul because what she was seeing was not one of her usual 'customers'.

Thirdly, do you believe that there is a spiritual world. If you do then who are those active in that world?

Finally, the HOly Spirit is also called Holy Ghost in some scriptures. So if you believe He exists, then you have to believe that ghosts exist.
To be a ghost,you must be dead.
Question is,how did this holy ghost die?Was he killed during the unsuccessful coupe de etat carried out by lucifer and his revolutionists?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

Let me just get what you think Jesus meant by ghost.

Is it a dead man's apparition or spirit being like angel, demon, God?

spirit being like angels and demon are same. I don't know about God. They thought he is a spirit. The koko is, where they afraid that he is a demon? Or angel? Which ever is the case he did not say spirit or ghost don't exist. Instead he describe what spirit is.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Zikdik:
To be a ghost,you must be dead.
Question is,how did this holy ghost die?Was he killed during the unsuccessful coupe de etat carried out by lucifer and his revolutionists?

The word ghost was actually synonymous with spirit in early english unlike now which the word ghost means a dead person's apparition, so it won't be right to use the word holy ghost in today's modern day english.

That is what i have been trying to explain to @itsfact that ghost mean the dead's apparition today but he is still confusing it with spirit beings(eg angels).
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Reincarnated(m): 11:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
haibe:

Do ghosts(dead man's appearance to the living) exist?

Yes, but not on this earth they don't (that is assuming the spiritual realm is itself not on this earth).

I don't believe ghosts wander around this earth. There's no place in the bible that says it but on the other hand, there are about quite a number of explanations about what happens when you die in the bible and it all boils down to you either going to Heaven or Hell.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:01am On Oct 07, 2013
Reincarnated:

Yes, but not on this earth they don't (that is assuming the spiritual realm is itself not on this earth).

I don't believe ghosts wander around this earth. There's no place in the bible that says it but on the other hand, there are about quite a number of explanations about what happens when you die in the bible and it all boils down to you either going to Heaven or Hell.

do they appear to the living? if not they are not termed ghosts.

ghost /gōst/
Noun: An apparition of a dead person that is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:06am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

The word ghost was actually synonymous with spirit in early english unlike now which the word ghost means a dead person's apparition, so it won't be right to use the word holy ghost in today's modern day english.

That is what i have been trying to explain to @itsfact that ghost mean the dead's apparition today but he is still confusing it with spirit beings(eg angels).

apparition of a dead person. Hmm if A is dead and B is related to A. All of a sudden B sees the apparition of A. B is seeing a ghost.

despite it is a demon that is mimicking A. That is what Ghost is. People meet spirit medium in the bible they talk to a ghost which is a demon. Saul did it. He talk to a spirit or ghost.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Reincarnated(m): 12:10am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

do they appear to the living? if not they are not termed ghosts.

ghost /gōst/
Noun: An apparition of a dead person that is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image

Not with this definition they don't exist. I think over the years, the definition of ghost has seceded from what it used to mean because then that will mean the Holy Ghost was once human.

Anyways, I don't think these "termed ghosts" exist
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:11am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:
People meet spirit medium in the bible they talk to a ghost which is a demon. Saul did it. He talk to a spirit or ghost.

can you show me where the bible said saul talked to a ghost?

but mr man why are you dodging my question, Jesus said he wasn't a ghost, what is your definition of this ghost, is it a dead man apparition or spirit like God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

secular act P Diddy hosts pastor TD jakes for dinner In million Dollar Mansion. / "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" / Spiritual Digest For The Day 20th Of July 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.