Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,419 members, 7,830,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach (5611 Views)

Does Satan Really Exist? / Hell Fire Does Not Exist According To Jehovah's Witnesses. Is That True? / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:12am On Oct 07, 2013
Reincarnated:

Not with this definition they don't exist. I think over the years, the definition of ghost has seceded from what it used to mean because then that will mean the Holy Ghost was once human.

Anyways, I don't think these "termed ghosts" exist

okay you are right, they do not exist, that is what I have been trying to explain to itsfact but he is still saying they exist.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:19am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

can you show me where the bible said saul talked to a ghost?

but mr man why are you dodging my question, Jesus said he wasn't a ghost, what is your definition of this ghost, is it a dead man apparition or spirit like God?

haibe: They thought they saw spirit(ghost) doesn't mean spirits exist.

Saul saw samuel's ghost doesn't mean it was actually samuel.

We have wizard here and there who help to invoke the dead to speak with the living, demons can deceive human beings to think they are their relatives but that doesn't mean they are actually their relatives.

The belief of ghosts have been in place even till today, the disciples lived in an environment where people believed in ghosts and so when they saw someone who was dead face to face, the first thought that would come to them is that this is a ghost according to the belief system, and so Jesus told them he wasn't a ghost like they think, simple.

So ghosts do not actually exist, devil can only make someone feel he is seeing a dead relative of his but he is actually dead in the grave.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:24am On Oct 07, 2013
@itsfact am I your bible? you said the bible said saul TALKED with samuel and I said show me that from the bible.

where in my post did I say saul TALKED with samuel?

dont you have a bible verse to back your point?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:26am On Oct 07, 2013
Jesus said he wasn't a ghost, what is your definitionof this ghost, is it a dead man apparition or spirit like God?

please answer this, I want to tackle this issue you have here before going to bed.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:28am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe: @itsfact am I your bible? you said the bible said saul TALKED with samuel and I said show me that from the bible.

where in my post did I say saul TALKED with samuel?

dont you have a bible verse to back your point?

you said he talked with Samuel ghost and you are asking me to say where he talked to Samuel.

oboy he talked to a ghost or rightly said a spirit. That spirit pose as Samuel.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:30am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

you said he talked with Samuel ghost and you are asking me to say where he talked to Samuel.

oboy he talked to a ghost or rightly said a spirit. That spirit pose as Samuel.

Jesus!! where in that post did I say saul TALKED with samuel ghost.

So are you even depending on my point, so you didn't see that in the bible and you said it confidently? lol.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:34am On Oct 07, 2013
Read that Saul and the witch part again. She said she saw a spirit ascending from the earth. Saul saw the spirit and perceived it to be Samuel. He was fooled by the devil. He was talking to a ghost and not the spirit of Samuel.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:35am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:
People meet spirit medium in the bible they talk to a ghost which is a demon. Saul did it. He talk to a spirit or ghost.

here are your words, show me where people TALKED with ghost from the bible as you said, not my word.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:37am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts: He was talking to a ghost and not the spirit of Samuel.

show me where the bible says saul was TALKING to a ghost?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:39am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe: Jesus said he wasn't a ghost, what is your definitionof this ghost, is it a dead man apparition or spirit like God?

please answer this, I want to tackle this issue you have here before going to bed.

am waiting for a reply, I want to go to bed
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:41am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

Jesus!! where in that post did I say saul TALKED with samuel ghost.

So are you even depending on my point, so you didn't see that in the bible and you said it confidently? lol.

are you serious?
1: you said he saw Samuel ghost. Later you said not ghost but he perceived Samuel. Which makes no sense on his own. Saul saw the spirit the woman invoke and recognized it to be Samuel that is what perceived means.

2: now you are asking where did you say he talked to Samuel.
your post clearly states he saw Samuels ghost. Then still on your post you said the woman invoke the dead to speak with the living. What does that mean? Are you not saying Saul talk to the spirit she brought for him? That spirit of a demon.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:43am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

am waiting for a reply, I want to go to bed

answered questions still coming Stop repeating
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:46am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

are you serious?
1: you said he saw Samuel ghost. Later you said not ghost but he perceived Samuel. Which makes no sense on his own. Saul saw the spirit the woman invoke and recognized it to be Samuel that is what perceived means.

2: now you are asking where did you say he talked to Samuel.
your post clearly states he saw Samuels ghost. Then still on your post you said the woman invoke the dead to speak with the living. What does that mean? Are you not saying Saul talk to the spirit she brought for him? That spirit of a demon.

Excuse me don't you have a bible verse to support your claim, you said the bible said saul TALKED with samuel and I want to know where that is in the bible, please show me, we learn everyday and I want to know where that is in the bible.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:47am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

answered questions still coming Stop repeating
okay I didn't get your answer.

what did Jesus mean by ghost? a spirit being(God angels ) or an apparition of the dead??
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:50am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

are you serious?

okay what does your own bible say, the kjv uses perceive, some other versions use recognize
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:50am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

Excuse me don't you have a bible verse to support your claim, you said the bible said saul TALKED with samuel and I want to know where that is in the bible, please show me, we learn everyday and I want to know where that is in the bible.

Saul talk to what he believe. And i keep saying it is not Samuel but the devil. If you asked saul he is talking to Samuel.
bible says he perceived it was Samuel. Why are you so persistent?
he was deceived. This is easy to understand.
go check all my post i keep telling you that he was deceived.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:52am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

Saul talk to what he believe. And i keep saying it is not Samuel but the devil. If you asked saul he is talking to Samuel.
bible says he perceived it was Samuel. Why are you so persistent?
he was deceived. This is easy to understand.
go check all my post i keep telling you that he was deceived.

you are now changing it to perceive, after saying the bible says saul TALKED to samuel. you won't cease to amaze me.

do you know the difference between talking to someone and to perceive something?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:56am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

okay what does your own bible say, the kjv uses perceive, some other versions use recognize

look the woman bring the fake spirit, Saul saw it and perceived it was Samuel. He apprehend it was Samuel she invoke. Why you ne dey understand?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:57am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:
People meet spirit medium in the bible they talk to a ghost which is a demon. Saul did it. He talk to a spirit or ghost.

this is my point, where did the bible say saul TALKED to samuel.

to perceive and to talk is different.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:58am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

look the woman bring the fake spirit, Saul saw it and perceived it was Samuel. He apprehend it was Samuel she invoke. Why you ne dey understand?

so how can you explain this:

Itsfacts:
People meet spirit medium in the bible they TALK to a ghost which is a demon. Saul did it. He TALK to a spirit or ghost.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:59am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

you are now changing it to perceive, after saying the bible says saul TALKED to samuel. you won't cease to amaze me.

do you know the difference between talking to someone and to perceive something?

changed what? Go and understand what perceived mean. The post you reply to i still say he talked to Samuel so what am i changing?

again the devil mimmic Samuel. If you asked Saul who you talk to he will say Samuel.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:01am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

what did Jesus mean by ghost? a spirit being(God angels ) or an apparition of the dead??

can you answer please or are you admitting you don't know what ghost is and you say it exist and you don't know what it is?? lol.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:03am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

changed what? Go and understand what perceived mean. The post you reply to i still say he talked to Samuel so what am i changing?

here is what perceive mean:

per·ceive /pərˈsēv/
Verb: 1. Become aware or conscious of (something); come to realize or understand

2. Become aware of (something) by the use of one of the senses, esp. that of sight

how does perceive mean to talk to?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:05am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

so how can you explain this:

what did the ghost tell him? That he and his son will die and join him. That same ghost said the woman have the power to bring him back to life. Is that not talking to the spirit?

the Saul not say God will not answer him?
did the spirit not asked Saul why have you disturbed me?
you don't understand what perceive me.
you wan identify a killer in jail. I bring up a guy and ask is it him? You perceived he is the killer or you apprehend or recognize he is the killer. Na this too hard for you to swallow?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:08am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

here is what perceive mean:

per·ceive /pərˈsēv/
Verb: 1. Become aware or conscious of (something); come to realize or understand

2. Become aware of (something) by the use of one of the senses, esp. that of sight

how does perceive mean to talk to?

so he understand Samuel or he became aware of Samuel? Or he understand that the spirit the woman bring for him was Samuel? Or he was aware the spirit she bring for him was Samuel? Understand that simple word my man.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:09am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

what did the ghost tell him? That he and his son will die and join them. That same ghost said the woman have the power to bring him back to life. Is that not talking to the spirit?

the Saul not say God will not answer him?
did the spirit not asked Saul why have you disturbed me?
you don't understand what perceive me.
you wan identify a killer in jail. I bring up a guy and ask is it him? You perceived he is the killer or you apprehend or recognize he is the killer. Na this too hard for you to swallow?

just show me the verse where the bible said saul TALKED to samuel, I don't need stories, I need scriptures.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:10am On Oct 07, 2013
Show me where i talk am say perceive means talk to?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:11am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

so he understand Samuel or he became aware of Samuel? Or he understand that the spirit the woman bring for him was Samuel? Or he was aware the spirit she bring for him was Samuel? Understand that simple word my man.

yes but where did the bible say saul TALKED with samuel, you must be a story writer oo, lol. you live question to answer something else.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:14am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts: Show me where i talk am say perceive means talk to?

this is where you said saul TALKED to samuel.

Itsfacts:
People meet spirit medium in the bible they TALK to a ghost which is a demon. Saul did it. He TALK to a spirit or ghost.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:15am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

this is where you said saul TALKED to samuel.

you my man is confused
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:17am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

you my man is confused

lol am I lying at you?

did saul talk to samuel or not?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:18am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

can you answer please or are you admitting you don't know what ghost is and you say it exist and you don't know what it is?? lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? / Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot / secular act P Diddy hosts pastor TD jakes for dinner In million Dollar Mansion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.