Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach (5614 Views)

Does Satan Really Exist? / Hell Fire Does Not Exist According To Jehovah's Witnesses. Is That True? / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:20am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

yes but where did the bible say saul TALKED with samuel, you must be a story writer oo, lol. you live question to answer something else.
answer is Yes

Then the woman said, "Whom shall I bring up for you?" And he said, "Bring up Samuel for me." When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice. . . . And the woman said to Saul, "I saw a spirit ascending out of the earth." So he said to her, "What is his form?" And she said, "An old man is coming up, and he is covered with a mantle." And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground and bowed down. Now Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?"

"And Saul answered, 'I am deeply distressed; for the Philistines make war against me . . . ' Then Samuelsaid: "So why do you ask me, seeing the LORD has departed from you and has become your enemy? And the LORD has done for Himself as He spoke by me. For the LORD has torn the kingdom out of your hand and given it to your neighbor, David. Because you did not obey the voice of the LORD nor execute His fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore the LORD has done this thing to you this day. Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with you into the hand of the Philistines. And tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. . . ." " (1Samuel 28:5-9, 11-19, NKJV

the bible says Samuel says. It calls what the woman bring for Saul Samuel. Why? Because Saul thinks it is Samuel she brings.

notice how i call the font.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:22am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

can you answer please or are you admitting you don't know what ghost is and you say it exist and you don't know what it is?? lol.

i cant be bothered. Answered it already

try to read peoples comment
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:25am On Oct 07, 2013
so if a demon takes the form of a dead person, am I talking to that dead person actually? NO saul wasnt talking to samuel, you just don't want to admit mistakes, ghosts do not exist, that person wasn't samuel at all, samuel was dead.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:26am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

i cant be bothered. Answered it already

try to read peoples comment

but you didn't comment on it now, okay please refer me back, perhaps I missed the comment.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:30am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe: so if a demon takes the form of a dead person, am I talking to that dead person actually? NO saul wasnt talking to samuel, you just don't want to admit mistakes, ghosts do not exist, that person wasn't samuel at all, samuel was dead.

you are saying same thing i am saying. But the bible says Samuel told him this and Saul said that to Samuel.

the devil was the spirit. So if you ask Saul who are you talking with. He will say Samuel.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:32am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

you are saying same thing i am saying. But the bible says Samuel told him this and Saul said that to Samuel.

the devil was the spirit. So if you ask Saul who are you talking with. He will say Samuel.

okay so have you agreed that wasn't actually samuel ghost?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:35am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

okay so have you agreed that wasn't actually samuel ghost?

have you been reading my post? From the very time we start to talk about this i keep saying it was not Samuel that the devil mimmic Samuel. You they give me headache
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:38am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

have you been reading my post? From the very time we start to talk about this i keep saying it was not Samuel that the devil mimmic Samuel. You they give me headache

okay so why then do you say ghosts actually exist.

what is your definition of ghost as used by Jesus, a spirit being like angels, demons or an apparition of the dead.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:48am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

okay so why then do you say ghosts actually exist.

what is your definition of ghost as used by Jesus, a spirit being like angels, demons or an apparition of the dead.

i say ghost exist because demons pose as dead persons by haunting you or trying to deceive you. It happens.

see some definition of ghost and choose how you make use of them.

ghost (gst)
n.
1. The spirit of a dead person, especially one believed to appear in bodily likeness to living persons or to haunt former habitats.

2. The center of spiritual life; the soul.

3. A demon or spirit.

4. A returning or haunting memory or image.

a. A slight or faint trace: just a ghost of a smile.

b. The tiniest bit: not a ghost of a chance.

6. A faint, false image, as:
a. A secondary image on a television or radar screen caused by reflected waves.

b. A displaced image in a photograph caused by the optical system of the camera.

c. A false spectral line caused by imperfections in the diffraction grating.

d. A displaced image in a mirror caused by reflection from the front of the glass.

7. Informal A ghostwriter.

a. A nonexistent publication listed in bibliographies.

b. A fictitious employee or business.

9. Physiology A red blood cell having no hemoglobin.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:50am On Oct 07, 2013
okay which of the definition did Jesus mean by ghost?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 1:56am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe: okay which of the definition did Jesus mean by ghost?

when they saw Jesus in the room. They recognize him but thought he was a spirit. So they don't think he was an angel. They think it is an apparition of ghost.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 2:06am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

when they saw Jesus in the room. They recognize him but thought he was a spirit. So they don't think he was an angel. They think it is an apparition of ghost.

so Jesus told them he wasn't a ghost apparition and said ghosts don't have flesh and blones, now does that mean dead can really appear to the living?

am not talking of demon.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 8:17am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

so Jesus told them he wasn't a ghost apparition and said ghosts don't have flesh and blones, now does that mean dead can really appear to the living?

am not talking of demon.
was Jesus adding to the lie that ghost exist when he describe it instead of telling them ghost don't exist.

what does it mean for you?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Lordlexyy: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

What is too hard for haibe to understand. 1.The ghost wasn't samuel but a demon evoked to deceive soul. 2. Though the bible said soul spoke to samuel, but it is apparent that the woman was the medium or channel of communication btw the both parties. It's normal for the bible to say soul talked to samuel since it the occation involves the two of them. But it is common knowledge that the woman was the medium btw them. @itsfact, i think you are right.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2013
Lordlexyy: What is too hard for haibe to understand. 1.The ghost wasn't samuel but a demon evoked to deceive soul. 2. Though the bible said soul spoke to samuel, but it is apparent that the woman was the medium or channel of communication btw the both parties. It's normal for the bible to say soul talked to samuel since it the occation involves the two of them. But it is common knowledge that the woman was the medium btw them. @itsfact, i think you are right.

He is persistent. The man go come with question that has been answered
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:21am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:
was Jesus adding to the lie that ghost exist when he describe it instead of telling them ghost don't exist.

what does it mean for you?

Jesus wasn't adding to any lie, there was no lie, the disciples only had a mis-conception, generally people believe in certain things which to them is true but is actually not true.

The disciples thought Jesus was still dead and his disembodied spirit(ghost) appeared to them but Jesus made them know that he wasn't a disembodied spirit of a dead man(ghost), but he was alive not dead, he then went further to tell them that he wasn't a disembodied spirit of the dead(ghost) because a disembodied spirit of the dead(ghost) cannot have flesh and bones according to such believe.

How is he lieing?

I have told you to show me where the disembodied spirit of a dead man(ghost) appeared to someone and you are still mentioning samuel after admitting it wasn't actually samuel that saul perceived.

No place in the bible did a disembodied spirit of a dead man(ghost) appear to anybody because they don't exist, the dead are in the grave.

The mythology of ghost is that the real dead person's disembodied spirit(not demon) awakes to interact with the living, this is never possible giving the state of the dead, if it is a demon impersonating a dead man then it is not a ghost, it is that demon.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 11:23am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

Jesus wasn't adding to any lie, there was no lie, the disciples only had a mis-conception, generally people believe in certain things which to them is true but is actually not true.

The disciples thought Jesus was still dead and his disembodied spirit(ghost) appeared to them but Jesus made them know that he wasn't a disembodied spirit of a dead man(ghost), but he was alive not dead, he then went further to tell them that he wasn't a disembodied spirit of the dead(ghost) because a disembodied spirit of the dead(ghost) does not have flesh and bones according to such believe.

How is he lieing?

I have told you to show me where the disembodied spirit of a dead man(ghost) appeared to someone and you are still mentioning samuel after admitting it wasn't actually samuel that saul perceived.

No place in the bible did a disembodied spirit of a dead man(ghost) appear to anybody because they don't exist, the dead are in the grave.

The mythology of ghost is that the real dead person's disembodied spirit awakes to interact with the living, this is never possible giving the state of the dead, if it is a devil impersonating a dead man then it is not a ghost, it is that devil.

so Jesus was adding to their misconceptions?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:33am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

According to their mis-conception, a ghost is a dead person's disembodied spirit, they thought Jesus was a ghost and so Jesus told them a ghost(which they believe in) does not have flesh and bones, how is that adding to misconception?

Jesus never said they actually existed, its just like someone telling me i am a unicorn, i can then reply the person by saying unicorns don't look like human beings but like a horse according to popular beliefs, does that mean i am saying unicorn is actually existing?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

The disciples thought Jesus was still dead and his disembodied spirit(ghost) appeared to them but Jesus made them know that he wasn't a disembodied spirit of a dead man(ghost), but he was alive not dead, he then went further to tell them that he wasn't a disembodied spirit of the dead(ghost) because a disembodied spirit of the dead(ghost) does not have flesh and bones according to such believe.

How is he lieing?

The mythology of ghost is that the real dead person's disembodied spirit awakes to interact with the living, this is never possible giving the state of the dead, if it is a devil impersonating a dead man then it is not a ghost, it is that devil.

Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:56am On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

Re-read my post
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:57am On Oct 07, 2013
Can a dead man's disembodied spirit appear to the living?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
This is the what the mythology of ghosts is about:

In traditional belief and fiction, a ghost
(sometimes known as a spectre (British
English) or specter (American English),
phantom, apparition or spook) is the soul or
spirit of a dead person or animal that can
appear, in visible form or other manifestation,
to the living. Descriptions of the apparition of
ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence
to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes,
to realistic, lifelike visions. The deliberate
attempt to contact the spirit of a deceased
person is known as necromancy, or in spiritism
as a séance.
The belief in manifestations of the spirits of
the dead is widespread, dating back to
animism or ancestor worship in pre-literate
cultures. Certain religious practices—funeral
rites, exorcisms, and some practices of
spiritualism and ritual magic—are specifically
designed to rest the spirits of the dead.
Ghosts are generally described as solitary
essences that haunt particular locations,
objects, or people they were associated with
in life, though stories of phantom armies,
ghost trains, phantom ships, and even ghost
animals have also been recounted.[2][3]

After reading this and understanding what ghost mean in present day, can you say ghosts exist?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

ghost (gst)
n.
1. The spirit of a dead person, especially one believed to appear in bodily likeness to living persons or to haunt former habitats.

Going by your above definition of ghost, can you say they exist?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

Re-read my post

Yes or no. You call it their misconceptions if Jesus described what their misconceptions is then he is adding to it. He could have just said such things dont exist.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

Yes or no. You call it their misconceptions if Jesus described what their misconceptions is then he is adding to it. He could have just said such things dont exist.

No
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

you are the one who is confused. Because you are confused you keep changing your points. .

see what the definitions of apparition means. And one of them is ghost.

1. a supernatural appearance of a person or thing, especially a ghost; a specter or phantom; wraith: a ghostly apparition at midnight.

2. anything that appears, especially something remarkable or startling: the surprising apparition of cowboys in New York City.

3. an act of appearing; manifestation.

4. the appearance or time when a comet, especially a periodic one, is visible: the 1986 apparition of Halley's comet.

jman will say non sense you will take it. Funny how this nonsense he said is actually saying ghost exist. He admit to apparition.

apparition of a ghost or apparition of a phantom.

so after reading that definition. even the first definition, you conclude that apparition is equal to ghost? oh! boy...., where did you go to school?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

that verse reads spirit but if you use ghost no palaba. They thought they saw a ghost. They were afraid and yes they are right to doubt. What if the devil want to deceive them? Jesus have to prove it is really him and tell them spirit don't have flesh and bones. Yet your friend jman say Jesus is lying that he is not a spirit when in fact he is a spirit.

please show me where i said that? that Jesus was lying.

Jesus purpose there was not to show them that he is a materialised spirit, but that he has been resurrected. if Jesus had remained in the spirit, how would they have seen him?

his disappearing and coming in different form will reemphasize to them that this man is not just a man, but a materialised spirit. habah!

i ve asked you, how can Jesus sacrifice his body and blood and still have it back? it is gone for our sins.

Stop this your allegations. it wont rescue you.

Jesus was raised a spirit, but he materialised so that his disciples would see that he actually resurrected. he comes in different forms as i have shown above depending on the situation.

at that time, his intention is to prove that he has been resurrected. this explains the reason why he came in a form that is similar to how he was before dying. the scar or openings in his body. Jesus do not have such scarred body in heaven, he attained the resurrected body which the saints will receive, spirit body.

note that spirit body is not physical, Jesus has to materialise for others to see him.

oya, twist it, and say jman said.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
JMAN05:

oya, twist it, and say jman said.

Lol grin
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
I think @itsfact is thinking Jesus resurrected in that same body he died in, this is another confusion he has.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
Lordlexyy: What is too hard for haibe to understand. 1.The ghost wasn't samuel but a demon evoked to deceive soul. 2. Though the bible said soul spoke to samuel, but it is apparent that the woman was the medium or channel of communication btw the both parties. .

1) And did i say the ghost was samuel, i have mention several times that since saul didn't actually perceive it was samuel(who was dead), it means what he perceived was not a ghost but a demon impersonating samuel.

2) But saul wasn't actually speaking to samuel and so it wasn't a ghost, ghosts are disembodied spirit of the dead(not demon) appearing to the living, this is a mythology.

Please understand well before commenting.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
haibe: I think @itsfact is thinking Jesus resurrected in that same body he died in, this is another confusion he has.

my dear, if this had been face to face discussion, our voice could have cracked while explaining this.

na wetin we dey see for house to house preaching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" / Spiritual Digest For The Day 20th Of July 2014 / Noetic2 Explains Why Genesis Is More Credible Than Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.