Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach (5609 Views)

Does Satan Really Exist? / Hell Fire Does Not Exist According To Jehovah's Witnesses. Is That True? / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
JMAN05:

the resurrection of lizarus is not the type the saints are destined to have. lizarus died afterward, the saints wont die again when the reveive the resurrection to which they are destined to have in heaven. Jesus was the first who had such resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:23 KJV
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

mark the word " we shall be changed". you are not puting something into your corrupted body to make it incorruptible.

You will just change. when they put on immortality and incorruptibility, that there body will change to a spirit body. no human eye will see them again.

meaning that they will drop the physical body and put in or being raised in a spiritual one.

those people above didnt attain the resurrection the saints are destined to have.

Jesus was the first to be resurrected to such.

resurretion is the act of arising from the dead and becoming alive again. the main point in this definition is "becoming alive again".

whether the person is alive in the spirit body or physical body, it is still resurrection. the emphases is not on the body with which he died but on the person who died.

Yes their resurrection is not our hope. I am replying to haibe who says how will jesus raise in a physical body after dying in a physical body
so the people who jesus raise did they die in what body? and when jesus raise then what body did they have? is it not same physical body?

the highlighted or bold i made out of your post show how confuse you are.
1: you said you are not putting on something, then you said you are putting on something in the very same post.

if the body dies and doesnt not comeback to life how is it resurrection?

1 Corninthians 15:44-46 which reads as follows in the New World Translation: "It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one. It is even so written: " The first man Adam became a living soul." The last Adam became a life giving spirit. Nevertheless, the first is, not that which is spiritual, but that which is physical, afterward that which is spiritual." The whole point of 1 Corninthians 15:35-58 is that the natural body will be changed and raised up a powerful supernatural body. It is not as though what will be raised will be distinct from the physical body, rather, there will be a continuity. For example, verses 42-44 state how it (the body, not something else) will be raised up. It is sown a perishable, dishonorable, weak, and natural body. It (the same body) is raised up an imperishable, glorious, powerful, spiritual body. Verses 53-54 also states that the perishable mortal body will "put on" imperishability and immortality. By putting something on you are adding to what you already have.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
haibe: @itsfact you have superficial knowledge of the scriptures .

how can you be comparing the ressurection of lazarus with the ressurection of the saints at Christ second coming?

the poverty in knowledge you posess is beyond me, I don't just get how someone can be so dull like you.

it is to teach you what resurrection is. there is no comparison. all the accounts of resurrection it says something that was dead came back to life. i mean same body that was dead not the body remains dead and a spirit being just pop out saying to be you.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

what does resurrect bodily means?

o guy i tire for you kpatakpata

ressurect bodily means to ressurect in a body and not a disembodied spirit like ghost.

now when I say bodily, 2 things would come to the mind of a reasonable human being, is it a spiritual body or a physical body but someone like you just concludes it is physical body.

aren't you exposing that your level of reasoning is below par?

dont you know angels have bodies too? is it because you can't see them?

Jesus ressurected in this kind of spiritual body which you can't see and that is why he materialized to physical body so his disciples will see him, this is the spiritual body the saints will ressurecte too at Christ second coming, a body like that of angels which a natural man can't behold.

"For in the resurrection they neither
marry, nor are given in marriage, but are
as the angels of God in heaven."

Jesus say we will be as the angels of heaven, do angels have physical body??

this should expose your wrong assertions a bit.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

it is to teach you what resurrection is. there is no comparison. all the accounts of resurrection it says something that was dead came back to life. i mean same body that was dead not the body remains dead and a spirit being just pop out saying to be you.

If as a christian you can't differentiate between mere ressurection and ressurection of the saints at Christ second coming, then you have a problem.

once again that passage says "WE WILL BE CHANGED" not that a body will remain and a spirit will pop up, that one na your ghost mythology.

we will be changed into a spiritual body, if you don't understand this simple scripture after all this explanations, then even if Jesus himself come to teach you, you will never understand.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

Yes their resurrection is not our hope. I am replying to haibe who says how will jesus raise in a physical body after dying in a physical body
so the people who jesus raise did they die in what body? and when jesus raise then what body did they have? is it not same physical body?

1: you said you are not putting on something, then you said you are putting on something in the very same post.

if the body dies and doesnt not comeback to life how is it resurrection?

1 Corninthians 15:44-46 which reads as follows in the New World Translation: "It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one. It is even so written: " The first man Adam became a living soul." The last Adam became a life giving spirit. Nevertheless, the first is, not that which is spiritual, but that which is physical, afterward that which is spiritual." The whole point of 1 Corninthians 15:35-58 is that the natural body will be changed and raised up a powerful supernatural body. It is not as though what will be raised will be distinct from the physical body, rather, there will be a continuity. For example, verses 42-44 state how it (the body, not something else) will be raised up. It is sown a perishable, dishonorable, weak, and natural body. It (the same body) is raised up an imperishable, glorious, powerful, spiritual body.,.

Jman has showed you a scripture where the bible says Jesus is the first fruit of the ressurection to eternal life and yet you are still mentioning the ressurections before that of Christ, aren't you wise enough to know they are different from the one we hope for at the second coming?

dont you know lazarus and co still died again since they never ressurected in an immortal body? and will have ressurect in a spiritual/immortal body at the second coming of Christ?

lol, am ashamed of you.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

If as a christian you can't differentiate between mere ressurection and ressurection of the saints at Christ second coming, then you have a problem.

once again that passage says "WE WILL BE CHANGED" not that a body will remain and a spirit will pop up, that one na your ghost mythology.

we will be changed into a spiritual body, if you don't understand this simple scripture after all this explanations, then even if Jesus himself come to teach you, you will never understand.

it is becoming funny. so what is the difference between resurrection of the saint and resurrection?

dont you know what change is? when you get from boy to man that is change. it is still the baby that went from a baby to a boy to a man. he changed. he now have goatee and other things he never had before.

we will be change does not mean that our body will be dropped and die then spirit being will be created as us. learn how to reason.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
You and Jman should research if spirit have body. and come with the answer.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

it is becoming funny. so what is the difference between resurrection of the saint and resurrection?

Any ressurection before Jesus ressurected is not a ressurection to eternal life, they didn't put on immortality and so they died again but the ressurection of the saints at Christ second coming is to eternal life, we are raised immortals from the dead and incorruptible just like Jesus, not in a physical body but in a spiritual body.

Christ is the first fruit of ressurection to eternal life
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

dont you know what change is? when you get from boy to man that is change. it is still the baby that went from a baby to a boy to a man. he changed. he now have goatee and other things he never had before.

so according to your definition of change, we will change from physical body to an advanced physical body or mortal body to advanced mortal body?

1 Like

Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

Any ressurection before Jesus ressurected is not a ressurection to eternal life, they didn't put on immortality and so they died again but the ressurection of the saints is to eternal life, we are raised immortals from the dead and incorruptible just like Jesus, not in a physical body but in a spiritual body.

Christ is the first fruit of ressurection to eternal life

well the simple thing you dont get is that resurrection of something is that same thing that was dead coming back alive. resurrection of the saint is as the one that happened to lazarus but it did not stop there it went further by transformation of the body.

lazarus same body that died come to life
jesus same body that died come to life.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 10:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
haibe:

so according to your definition of change, we will change from physical body to an advanced physical body or mortal body to advanced mortal body?

mortal body to immortal.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

we will be change does not mean that our body will be dropped and die then spirit being will be created as us. learn how to reason.

this guy you get big problem oo, show me where me or jman said our body will drop and die then spirit being will be created in us? please show me abeg

the bible says we will be changed from a physical body to a spiritual body, did it say anything will die here?

it says we will be changed, we will not be raised in a physical body but in a spiritual body.

if you don't know the difference between physical and spiritual I can help you out.

A physical body is visible while a spiritual body is not visible except you also have a spiritual body.

A physical body is natural while a spiritual body is supernatural.

A physical body cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven while a spiritual body can.

EXAMPLE.
Man has a physical body, angels have a spiritual body
Man is natural, angels are supernatural.
Man is visible, angels are invisible(unless they take on physical form)

At the ressurection, we are raised in a spiritual body, and so we become like the angels, we become incorruptible, we become immortal.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

mortal body to immortal.

okay so can a physical body be immortal?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
haibe: @itsfact you have superficial knowledge of the scriptures .

how can you be comparing the ressurection of lazarus with the ressurection of the saints at Christ second coming?

the poverty in knowledge you posess is beyond me, I don't just get how someone can be so dull like you.

how am i comparing both? To teach you what resurrection means or to say that was the actual resurrection. The later is wrong the first is right.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

well the simple thing you dont get is that resurrection of something is that same thing that was dead coming back alive. resurrection of the saint is as the one that happened to lazarus but it did not stop there it went further by transformation of the body.

lazarus same body that died come to life
jesus same body that died come to life.

okay so lazarus had a spiritual body after his ressurection?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

well the simple thing you dont get is that resurrection of something is that same thing that was dead coming back alive.

who are you to add to what the bible says.

the bible says we will be changed and you are saying it is the same body, are you okay?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 11:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
Itsfacts:

how am i comparing both? To teach you what resurrection means or to say that was the actual resurrection. The later is wrong the first is right.

our discourse has been centered on the ressurection of Christ which is to eternal life and then you are teaching a ressurection of Lazarus who died again, is this how wise you are?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by akpos4uall(m): 11:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
@haibe
We are all here to learn and share our views. You've done a nice job in teaching others but you don't have to do it calling others olodo, shallow minded and all sorts of names/words.

1 Like

Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 6:55am On Oct 08, 2013
akpos4uall: @haibe
We are all here to learn and share our views. You've done a nice job in teaching others but you don't have to do it calling others olodo, shallow minded and all sorts of names/words.

I never called anyone olodo, itsfact called m.e olodo.

Am wrong to use those words like shallow knowledge but itsfact was just giving me that kind of impression about him, I won't use such words again, thanks for the correction.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 7:46am On Oct 08, 2013
Itsfacts: You and Jman should research if spirit have body. and come with the answer.

This should answer your question:

35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
37And that which thou sowest, THOU SOWETH NOT THAT BODY THAT SHALL BE, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39ALL FLESH IS NOT THE SAME FLESH: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40THERE ARE ALSO CELESTIAL BODIES, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44It is sown a NATURAL BODY; it is raised a SPIRITUAL BODY. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45And so it is written, The first man Adam was MADE A LIVING SOUL; the last Adam was MADE A QUIKENING SPIRIT.
46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47The first man is OF THE EARTH, EARTHLY: the second man is the Lord FROM HEAVEN.
48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, WE SHALL ALSO BEAR THE IMAGE OF THE HEAVENLY.50Now this I say, brethren, that FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. (1Corinthians 15:35-50).

A lot of questions should arise to you after reading this verses, some of which are:

1) what is an earthly body?
2) what is a heavenly body?
3) Is the heavenly body a spiritual body or a physical body?
4) if it is spiritual doesn't it mean we will also ressurect in a spiritual body? since the bible says we will bear the image of the heavenly.
5) Jesus has always been in heaven as a spirit being before coming to earth, how then shall he go back as a physical being? does this make sense.
6) If we are still ressurecting in our physical body, how then will we inherit the kingdom of God since the bible says flesh and blood will not inherit it?
7) If we ressurect in a physical body, does that not mean we will die again since a physical body is not immortal?

If you answer this questions sincerely, you won't have problem understanding all that we have been saying since.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2013
haibe:

this guy you get big problem oo, show me where me or jman said our body will drop and die then spirit being will be created in us? please show me abeg

the bible says we will be changed from a physical body to a spiritual body, did it say anything will die here?

it says we will be changed, we will not be raised in a physical body but in a spiritual body.

if you don't know the difference between physical and spiritual I can help you out.

A physical body is visible while a spiritual body is not visible except you also have a spiritual body.

A physical body is natural while a spiritual body is supernatural.

A physical body cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven while a spiritual body can.

EXAMPLE.
Man has a physical body, angels have a spiritual body
Man is natural, angels are supernatural.
Man is visible, angels are invisible(unless they take on physical form)

At the ressurection, we are raised in a spiritual body, and so we become like the angels, we become incorruptible, we become immortal.

think before you talk. Spirit don't have body. angels don't have body, they have to materialize many times.

bible says our body is the temple of God, the Holy spirit comes in and we have life. When we are resurrected the holy spirit will be in all of us. jman says Jesus body was disposed which means the body did not change he says God dispose the body. he also says the body was sacrifice so why do Jesus have to take back the body he used for the sacrifice. yet the bible talks about same body that was put in the grave will rise as again.
so what body change to the Glorified form Jesus took? since God dispose Jesus body?

and you are here in delusion talking what you don't know.

When Jesus was going to heaven it was not only the disciples who saw him. many in the town saw him. How is that body invisible? he says the way he was when he left is the way he will be when he is coming. every eyes shall see him.

you dont realize the power of God. our body will be transformed it will not be invisible but it will be better and can stand any habitat because it will put on immortality, imperishable the holy spirit will be in it. that is why it is spiritual body. normally spirit dont have body. when you say spiritual body it means our body is dealing with a spiritual force power. the holy spirit will be inside everyone that is the eternal life so says the holy spirit will be our source of life.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2013
Itsfacts:

read that post again and understand it. I said, jman says jesus was a ghost because of. in that same post the reason was giving.

but

you people say when some dies and comes back as a spirit it is a ghost that ghost dont exist. but you agree Jesus died and come back as a spirit creatures.
the angels never died and become spirits. they are spirit from creation. Jesus died as a human and you and jman says he came back as a spirit creature which almost means you are saying jesus is a ghost since you say he is a spirit of and was human before and died.

you should know the difference between saying and implying. Neither did i say nor implied all these ur allegations.

You ve brough another one. where did i say the bolded?

You better go and check the meaning of ghost again.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2013
Itsfacts:

think before you talk. Spirit don't have body. angels don't have body, they have to materialize many times.

really? angels don't have body,? what then is this heavenly body the bible talks about?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Itsfacts:

if the body dies and doesnt not comeback to life how is it resurrection?.

oga, i dont know whether you are angry or what cos you are now selecting words out of context and making allegations. i want to say that we are not here for quarrel. and the truth is: the truth is just there, and it wont change because you refuse to accept it.

on your point one. your statement was out of context. I said:

you are not puting
something into your [size=15pt]corrupted body[/size]
to make it incorruptible.

You will just change. when they
put on immortality and
incorruptibility, that there body will
change to a spirit body. no human
eye will see them again."

I explained further:

meaning that they will drop the
physical body and put in or being
raised in a spiritual one.

Now on the bolded in your comment. i have answered it. i quote:

resurretion is the act of arising from
the dead and becoming alive again.
. (from a dictionary in my phone).

the emphasis is on the person being alive again. it could be in flesh or spirit.

the saints will have a spirit body when resurrected. your quotation below proves it. verse 44.

1 Corninthians 15:44-46 which reads as follows in the New World Translation: "[b].It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. .[/b]If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one. It is even so written: " The first man Adam became a living soul." The last Adam became a life giving spirit. Nevertheless, the first is, not that which is spiritual, but that which is physical, afterward that which is spiritual." The whole point of 1 Corninthians 15:35-58 is that the natural body will be changed and raised up a powerful supernatural body. It is not as though what will be raised will be distinct from the physical body, rather, there will be a continuity. For example, verses 42-44 state how it (the body, not something else) will be raised up. It is sown a perishable, dishonorable, weak, and natural body. It (the same body) is raised up an imperishable, glorious, powerful, spiritual body. Verses 53-54 also states that the perishable mortal body will "put on" imperishability and immortality. By putting something on you are adding to what you already have.

From the bolded red, dont you think that the saints will be resurrected as a spiritual body? ie with spirit body.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Itsfacts:

if the body dies and doesnt not comeback to life how is it resurrection?.

oga, i dont know whether you are angry or what cos you are now selecting words out of context and making allegations. i want to say that we are not here for quarrel. and the truth is: the truth is just there, and it wont change because you refuse to accept it.

you are not puting

put on immortality and

I explained further:

the emphasis is on the person being alive again. it could be in flesh or spirit.

the saints will have a spirit body when resurrected. your quotation below proves it. verse 44.

1 Corninthians 15:44-46 which reads as follows in the New World Translation: "[b].It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. .[/b]If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one. It is even so written: " The first man Adam became a living soul." The last Adam became a life giving spirit. Nevertheless, the first is, not that which is spiritual, but that which is physical, afterward that which is spiritual." The whole point of 1 Corninthians 15:35-58 is that the natural body will be changed and raised up a powerful supernatural body. It is not as though what will be raised will be distinct from the physical body, rather, there will be a continuity. For example, verses 42-44 state how it (the body, not something else) will be raised up. It is sown a perishable, dishonorable, weak, and natural body. It (the same body) is raised up an imperishable, glorious, powerful, spiritual body. Verses 53-54 also states that the perishable mortal body will "put on" imperishability and immortality. By putting something on you are adding to what you already have.

From the bolded red, dont you think that the saints will be resurrected as a spiritual body? ie with spirit body.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2013
Itsfacts:

yet the bible talks about same body that was put in the grave will rise as again.

please where did the bible say THE SAME BODY that was put in the grave will rise again?

and how can you reconcile this your claim with the verses below:

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, WE SHALL ALSO BEAR THE IMAGE OF THE HEAVENLY.
50Now this I say, brethren, that FLESHAND BLOOD CANNOT inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. (1Corinthians 15:49-50).

if we are to ressurect in the same body we die in, how then can we inherit the kingdom of God?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by haibe(m): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2013
Itsfacts: You and Jman should research if spirit have body. and come with the answer.

what do you understand by this?

1 Corinthians 15:44 KJV
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. .There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
When Jesus was going to heaven it
was not only the disciples who saw
him. many in the town saw him. How
is that body invisible? he says the way
he was when he left is the way he will
be when he is coming. every eyes shall
see him.

1. many persons in the town didnt see him, it was only the disciples that did.

2. Jesus was visible when he ascended 'cos he had a materialized body. meaning, he dematerialized at a point.

3. though some bibles used the same, but the right word is in the same MANNER (Interlinear.)

you dont realize the power of God.
our body will be transformed it will
not be invisible but it will be better
and can stand any habitat because it
will put on immortality, imperishable
the holy spirit will be in it. that is why
it is spiritual body. normally spirit dont
have body. when you say spiritual
body it means our body is dealing with
a spiritual force power. the holy spirit
will be inside everyone that is the
eternal life so says the holy spirit will
be our source of life.

we read:

1 Corinthians 15:50 KJV
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

If we state that Jesus had that fleshly body, will it not mean that flesh and blood had enterred into the kingdom?

secondly, can you sacrifice a bull and yet receive that same body of bull again?
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Itsfacts: 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
JMAN05:

you are not puting

put on immortality and

I explained further:

the bold is a mess. he dropped the physical body and put in being raised as a spirit. what sense are you making with that?
the bible says the corruptible put on incorruptible, How come you are saying we are not putting on? going opposite to what the bible says.
when mary and her people went to see jesus what did the angels told them?

that jesus is not there, he has risen. they mean the body that was dead has risen they did not say God has taken the body. this is not too hard for you to understand.

If jesus materialize the bible will mention it. but it didnt. Jesus need to deceive the disciples? by materializing and then put holes in his hands and feets tell them to feel it and claim he is not a spirit when you say he is a spirit.

so the great crowd that you believe will stay on earth and not go to heaven, will they change to spirit also? the earth will be filled with spirits beings roaming about.

because you believe even the glorified body cant go to heaven and you deside one has to be spirit to go to heaven. how is it that the great crowd will be spirits and remain on earth?

what is the "it" that puts on immortality?
is it a spirit that puts on the immortality or the "it" is referring to our lowly body?
tell me what is the "it"?

the people that are dead are dead and their body is dust. How will the bible talks of their body putting on immortality when you say they will drop their body?

no where is the bible talking about dropping but rather it talks about us putting on.

show me where it says in the bible that we dropped our body?

what do you understand by the soul.

tell me what asaiah and job means

Isaiah 26:19
Your dead will live; Their corpses will rise. You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy, For your dew is as the dew of the dawn, And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits.

what do you understand by corpses?
will the corpses rise or not?

so how can some corpses rise and the ones who are alive will drop their body?
wait another one

Daniel 12:2
Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

those who are sleep in the dust.

see another one
Job 19:26-27
As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth. 26"Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God; 27Whom I myself shall behold, And whom my eyes will see and not another. My heart faints within me!

first person singular here.
he says even if his skin is destroyed which means like decay turn to dust, yet from his FLESH he will see GOD... he said from his flesh not as a spirit. His eyes will see God.

you keep twisting the scripture and contradict your self. keep twisting
Re: Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Itsfacts:

the bold is a mess. he dropped the physical body and put in being raised as a spirit. what sense are you making with that?
the bible says the corruptible put on incorruptible, How come you are saying we are not putting on? going opposite to what the bible says.
when mary and her people went to see jesus what did the angels told them?

that jesus is not there, he has risen. they mean the body that was dead has risen they did not say God has taken the body. this is not too hard for you to understand.

If jesus materialize the bible will mention it. but it didnt. Jesus need to deceive the disciples? by materializing and then put holes in his hands and feets tell them to feel it and claim he is not a spirit when you say he is a spirit.

so the great crowd that you believe will stay on earth and not go to heaven, will they change to spirit also? the earth will be filled with spirits beings roaming about.

because you believe even the glorified body cant go to heaven and you deside one has to be spirit to go to heaven. how is it that the great crowd will be spirits and remain on earth?

what is the "it" that puts on immortality?
is it a spirit that puts on the immortality or the "it" is referring to our lowly body?
tell me what is the "it"?

the people that are dead are dead and their body is dust. How will the bible talks of their body putting on immortality when you say they will drop their body?

no where is the bible talking about dropping but rather it talks about us putting on.

show me where it says in the bible that we dropped our body?

what do you understand by the soul.

tell me what asaiah and job means

Isaiah 26:19
Your dead will live; Their corpses will rise. You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy, For your dew is as the dew of the dawn, And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits.

what do you understand by corpses?
will the corpses rise or not?

so how can some corpses rise and the ones who are alive will drop their body?
wait another one

Daniel 12:2
Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

those who are sleep in the dust.

see another one
Job 19:26-27
As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth. 26"Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God; 27Whom I myself shall behold, And whom my eyes will see and not another. My heart faints within me!

first person singular here.
he says even if his skin is destroyed which means like decay turn to dust, yet from his FLESH he will see GOD... he said from his flesh not as a spirit. His eyes will see God.

you keep twisting the scripture and contradict your self. keep twisting

Am waiting for you to reply to all my comments where i quoted you, so that this discussion will make meaning. i dont engage in hit and run type of discussion.

again, quote the sentences you want to reply to so that this discussion can take shape.

If you are serious, am waiting. my other comments are there. when i reply, i will assembly all your replies. so that this discussion can take shape.

secondly, your reply ignored some of my comments. that is why it is good to quote and reply one by one. even the question i asked at the end with a bible prove is ignored. this is not the way discussions are done.

pls let us adjust abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Praying In Tongues / The Adefarasin Siblings / Word Of Faith:what Is Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.