Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77976 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 4:25am On Nov 18, 2014
When you corner pro-tithers with their glaring inconsistencies as far as their tithing is concerned when contrasted with Mosaic Law, they sheepishly claim that they tithe 'under faith' as Abraham and not 'under Law' as Moses. In other words, they appeal to the pre-Mosaic instances of tithing.

Can you imagine somebody offering animal sacrifices to God 'under faith' just as Abraham and not 'under Law' like Moses? Why do they stop at Abrahamic tithing? Why not circumcise 'under faith' just as Abraham? They may as well marry their step-sisters,keep concubines and claim they are following Abraham and not Moses!

chysam:

I noticed one thing. All the pro-tithers are just giving us records of the judaism activities yet the claim to be christians and have died in christ. No one has ever for once said,Paul said or did,peter said,Mathew,luke,Mark John Timothy,Barnabas, ect ect said regarding tithes.Only mentioning moses,Abraham.Malachi ect.Pls are you people no longer christians?,if you are,give us accounts of these people I mentioned regarding tithes,then can we be perfectly convinced.Arguing this issue from the christian or gospel point of view is the most sincere and practically way of finding the truth or falsehood about tithes. Is anyone ready?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 18, 2014
chysam:

Hmmm,you probably feel you are so vast about the events in the old testament.You even reminded God that since Abraham has titthed in behalf of the Levites,the Levites should also have tithed.My brother you can only tithe what you legally earned or worked for,and also eat of it.Read the story of Abraham again and see if this was applicable to him.Again you blasphemed and I think you need to ask God for forgiveness. Why must you evolve the theory about everything coming from the soil because you want to defend this scientific extortion?.Money was a legal tender then,doesn't God know that before specifically requiring agricultural produce?. Please watch your tongue ok?. Any way,we are no longer practioners of the Mosaic law,and thank God we are no longer under the curses of the OT. Neither are partakers of the practices of the judaism religion.We are now christ followers called christians. I would appreciate if you could cross over to the gospel accounts of jesus and his followers and also elaborately explain to all about how the raised the funds and managed their ministry just exactly the same way you described the activities in the OT.We want to see the correlation between the OT religious practices and the followers of christ,then you conclude by telling us where we should belong as true and not false christians. We are waiting.Please use gospel references and indicate areas where activities of tithing took place amongst the apostles.We need always remember that we are under oath to follow christ and behave exactly like him and nothing else.So judaism practices is no business of a christian. Any way just explain.we are listening.
grin Another fanatick on the loose. All i see in your post is an argument that borders on zeal and legalism, kindly go through the post of vooks and understand my response to him, i am never an advocate of what you erroneously accuse me of here. You are placing yourself as a judge over matters involving christian liberty to tithe which is as far as am concerned a form of giving. Your arguments borders on extremism and i will show you from scriptures.

When the Corinthians wrote to Paul they asked, "What about these Christians who are eating meat offered to idols?" A group of them were upset about this and they wrote to the apostle, saying, "We don't think that is right; to us that is demon worship." But Paul wrote back and said, "Now be careful!" He said, in effect, "It would be the easiest thing in the world for me, as an apostle, simply to say, 'Yes, you are right, don't eat meat offered to idols,' but I am not going to say that. What I am going to say is that here is an area where each man must be fully persuaded in his own mind. You can't make rules for each other, and you have to honor a weaker brother's conscience. If he is troubled by a certain action then don't flaunt your liberty in his presence, but be careful of one another and love each other. This is a graphical illustration of what your argument is plainly saying to us here. grin
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 6:39am On Nov 18, 2014
Go easy my brother.
The biggest argument I have against tithing is IMPOSING the same and pronouncing curses on non-compliance.
See you can't possibly give without compulsion and as you purpose while am dictating how much you MUST give

Thank you for using the words in blue...Christian liberty
A believer who gives 10% out of discipline and habit is blessed. Another who gives 20% is blessed. Equally blessed is the other who gives arbitrally without regard to percentages wink

Bidam:

grin Another fanatick on the loose. All i see in your post is an argument that borders on zeal and legalism, kindly go through the post of vooks and understand my response to him, i am never an advocate of what you erroneously accuse me of here.You are placing yourself as a judge over matters involving christian liberty to tithe which is as far as am concerned a form of giving. Your arguments borders on extremism and i will show you from scriptures.

[s]When the Corinthians wrote to Paul they asked, "What about these Christians who are eating meat offered to idols?" A group of them were upset about this and they wrote to the apostle, saying, "We don't think that is right; to us that is demon worship." But Paul wrote back and said, "Now be careful!" He said, in effect, "It would be the easiest thing in the world for me, as an apostle, simply to say, 'Yes, you are right, don't eat meat offered to idols,' but I am not going to say that.[/s] What I am going to say is that here is an area where each man must be fully persuaded in his own mind. You can't make rules for each other, [s]and you have to honor a weaker brother's conscience. If he is troubled by a certain action then don't flaunt your liberty in his presence, but be careful of one another and love each other. This is a graphical illustration of what your argument is plainly saying to us here. grin][/s]

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
Go easy my brother.
The biggest argument I have against tithing is IMPOSING the same and pronouncing curses on non-compliance.
See you can't possibly give without compulsion and as you purpose while am dictating how much you MUST give

Thank you for using the words in blue...Christian liberty
A believer who gives 10% out of discipline and habit is blessed. Another who gives 20% is blessed. Equally blessed is the other who gives arbitrally without regard to percentages wink

I agree, i do not agree tithers on this forum advocate such, most topics on tithes on this forum are opened by anti tithers and very few by tithers.No one is FORCING a christian to give. If he doesn't want to give that's between him and his God.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 6:53am On Nov 18, 2014
My brother,
On another thread, somebody claimed that they caught HIV out of not giving Firstfruits. Can you say that anyone is forced to give Firstfruits?

I specifically asked anyone who believes failure to offer Firstfruits can lead to a believer contracting HIV and none came up. Why is this? These teachings are rife in CHURCHES but everybody is embarrassed about them so much that they don't talk about it. Likewise,nobody will admit to their MoG threatening curses on non-tithers but we both know these things are there.

So nobody is FORCED say at gunpoint to tithe but the tithing message presented in churches leave little to imagination; either you tithe or devourers finish you off and you end up in hell. So I'd say there is alot of spiritual blackmail practiced in giving/prosperity messages.
Bidam:
I agree, i do not agree tithers on this forum advocate such, most topics on tithes on this forum are opened by anti tithers and very few by tithers.No one is FORCING a christian to give. If he doesn't want to give that's between him and his God.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
My brother,
On another thread, somebody claimed that they caught HIV out of not giving Firstfruits. Can you say that anyone is forced to give Firstfruits?

I specifically asked anyone who believes failure to offer Firstfruits can lead to a believer contracting HIV and none came up. Why is this? These teachings are rife in CHURCHES but everybody is embarrassed about them so much that they don't talk about it. Likewise,nobody will admit to their MoG threatening curses on non-tithers but we both know these things are there.

So nobody is FORCED say at gunpoint to tithe but the tithing message presented in churches leave little to imagination; either you tithe or devourers finish you off and you end up in hell. So I'd say there is alot of spiritual blackmail practiced in giving/prosperity messages.
And i have not seen any so far, if they are threatened then it's wrong. grin
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by trustman: 7:24am On Nov 18, 2014
Bidam:

Now, Bidam, are you really being truthful on this?
Will you say you've heard or read no person or church advocating tithe payment today 'threatening' believers with 'robbing God' and the eventual possibility of ending up in hell?
Or losing blessings or health, etc?

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by shdemidemi(m): 7:36am On Nov 18, 2014
Bidam:

Hmm.. Akiika!

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2014
Bidam:
i have posted this more than once on this forum, so not sure why you haven't seen it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmh_IF-eJQc

Also, google Angelica Zumbranos, she tells people that she saw people in hell for not tithing. If
I remember correctly, Richard Sigmund also preached non-tithers would go to hell because they are robbing God. Practically every tithe-teaching preacher I have ever known tells their congregations their health, jobs, families, homes, vehicles, etc., will be cursed for not tithing.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 7:51am On Nov 18, 2014
I recall this question came up in that moderated debate. Image123 categorically denied threats and curses too. Their defense was they never threatened nobody on NL. But neither did they condemn them. This is hypocrisy. How do we have regular folks terrified of catching HIV because of not offering Firstfruits? Who taught them thus? Did they imagine these things?

The point is there is massive spiritual abuse practiced to make believers part with their money. Paul's formula of giving 'without compulsion' and 'as you purpose' is clearly inadequate to feed their greed. Why would a minister go to such ridiculous extents to collect money? Is it in the interest of the believers or themselves? Your guess is as good as mine

Bidam:

trustman:

Will you say you've heard or read no person or church advocating tithe payment today 'threatening' believers with 'robbing God' and the eventual possibility of ending up in hell?

MarkMiwerds:
i have posted this more than once on this forum, so not sure why you haven't seen it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmh_IF-eJQc

Also, google Angelica Zumbranos, she tells people that she saw people in hell for not tithing. If
I remember correctly, Richard Sigmund also preached non-tithers would go to hell because they are robbing God. Practically every tithe-teaching preacher I have ever known tells their congregations their health, jobs, families, homes, vehicles, etc., will be cursed for not tithing.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2014
Bidam:

I am not surprised by the bolded statement coming from you, like your partner in crime image123 you are obviously a pathological liar. angry

6 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2014
Listening to a Pastor Mike Hilson of New Life Church teaching that not tithing to God first, puts one in exile and under a curse.

If Bidam has never heard pastors preach curses for those who don't tithe, then the only conclusion I can arrive at is

1. He is deaf
or 2. He has never been to Church
or 3. He is secretly listening to mp3's while the pastor is preaching and therefore does not hear him.

6 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Kingdompartaker: 9:52am On Nov 18, 2014
John 8 vs 32: And ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you FREE.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
Bidam:

grin Another fanatick on the loose. All i see in your post is an argument that borders on zeal and legalism, kindly go through the post of vooks and understand my response to him, i am never an advocate of what you erroneously accuse me of here. You are placing yourself as a judge over matters involving christian liberty to tithe which is as far as am concerned a form of giving. Your arguments borders on extremism and i will show you from scriptures.

When the Corinthians wrote to Paul they asked, "What about these Christians who are eating meat offered to idols?" A group of them were upset about this and they wrote to the apostle, saying, "We don't think that is right; to us that is demon worship." But Paul wrote back and said, "Now be careful!" He said, in effect, "It would be the easiest thing in the world for me, as an apostle, simply to say, 'Yes, you are right, don't eat meat offered to idols,' but I am not going to say that. What I am going to say is that here is an area where each man must be fully persuaded in his own mind. You can't make rules for each other, and you have to honor a weaker brother's conscience. If he is troubled by a certain action then don't flaunt your liberty in his presence, but be careful of one another and love each other. This is a graphical illustration of what your argument is plainly saying to us here. grin

Yet again,you could not give us a very simple and clear explanation regarding the subject matter. I am not bothered about whatever you may call me as it certainly look good on me. My dear brother,Tithe is not just a form of giving,it is a form of "MANDATORY" given which christians were and are still never subjected to.Please do away with such erroneus misinterpretation.it is simply dogmatism.Now let me help you with a simplier question since the first always look very hard for pro-tithers. How did early christians raise funds for their ministry?.This is a much easier question that has all the answers in the bible except if otherwise proven by you.in any case,please let us hear sincerely from you again.Please take nothing personal ok?. We are listening.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
Listening to a Pastor Mike Hilson of New Life Church teaching that not tithing to God first, puts one in exile and under a curse.

If Bidam has never heard pastors preach curses for those who don't tithe, then the only conclusion I can arrive at is

1. He is deaf
or 3. He is secretly listening to mp3's while the pastor is preaching and therefore does not hear him.

or 4. He is a bare faced liar who would go to any extent to cover up the tithe fraud preached in churches today.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
MarkMiwerds:

1. He is deaf
or HE IS A BIG LIAR!

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 20, 2014
christemmbassey:
or HE IS A BIG LIAR!

trustman:

shdemidemi:

Hmm.. Akiika!

PastorKun:

I am not surprised by the bolded statement coming from you, like your partner in crime image123 you are obviously a pathological liar. angry
MarkMiwerds:

1. He is deaf
PastorKun:

or 4. He is a bare faced liar who would go to any extent to cover up the tithe fraud preached in churches today.
The gospel truth is i have not SEEN any so far. You folks can go chase the wind or shadow for all i care. cool
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by trustman: 7:00am On Nov 20, 2014
Bidam:

The gospel truth is i have not SEEN any so far. You folks can go chase the wind or shadow for all i care. cool

In that case, we may have to conclude that Mark, pastorkun and others have rightly labelled you.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 7:07am On Nov 20, 2014
My brother,
you may not have SEEN but have you HEARD or READ it anywhere? cheesy

Bidam:

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
My brother,
you may not have SEEN but have you HEARD or READ it anywhere? cheesy

Yes, from you and your cohorts. I came from a muslim background. wink
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 20, 2014
trustman:

In that case, we may have to conclude that Mark, pastorkun and others have rightly labelled you.
Ok, keep accusing the guiltless. cheesy
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 7:11am On Nov 20, 2014
Have you ever heard tithing taught from Malachi outside NL in a church?
Bidam:
Yes, from you and your cohorts. I came from a muslim background. wink

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
Have you ever heard tithing taught from Malachi outside NL in a church?
Nope, should i be hopping from church to church to hear it?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 7:17am On Nov 20, 2014
Have you ever heard tithing taught in church?
Bidam:
Nope, should i be hopping from church to church to hear it?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
Have you ever heard tithing taught in church?
In the church i worship, tithing is taught as a voluntary form of giving.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2014
And in teaching tithing in your church Malachi is never used?
Bidam:
In the church i worship, tithing is taught as a voluntary form of giving.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
My thoughts on Mlachi is on this thread if you care to read them. wink
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
Isn't it funny that Bidam says tithing is voluntary in his Church, yet he teaches if you don't tithe you are robbing God? LoL

https://www.nairaland.com/1540233/inviting-tithers-theological-discuss-miwerds/17#20153067

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
Isn't it funny that Bidam says tithing is voluntary in his Church, yet he teaches if you don't tithe you are robbing God? LoL

https://www.nairaland.com/1540233/inviting-tithers-theological-discuss-miwerds/17#20153067
So where did i place a curse on the fellow? The issue is on cursing not on robbing. wink
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2014
MarkMiwerds:

Don't mind the useless hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by trustman: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2014
Bidam:

Look at the question you were asked:
vooks:

Then look at your answer.
What do you make of that?

I say again that we may have to conclude that Mark, pastorkun and others have rightly labelled you.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 8:56am On Nov 20, 2014
Does your church ever use Malachi in teaching the voluntary practice of tithing? A simple Yes/No will do
Bidam:

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (43) (Reply)

"Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.