Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? (22410 Views)

Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / 6 Embarrassing Things That Can Happen To You In Class. / PICTURE: Latest Invention For Lazy Students Who Likes To Sleep In Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by adisa204(m): 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
I always wrote the noise makers,den i wanted to show. Humility one. Day and i wrote my name,men i was so whipped by MR FALO that day ehhhh....
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by ojj(m): 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
I was always on the list for being the smallest in class way back then n always picked on then.
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
yeahmann: Meheen. I remember those days. Then it will be like make I just graduate and never enter school again. But now I always long for it. It seems it was fun sha.
Back then, even though I always try to avoid making noise, no matter what my name will still be there. So later on, when I got to JSS1, I discovered one trick. Now you can't bribe our monitor not to write your name, but you can always bribe him to tell you if your name is there. So anytime I found out that my name has been written, I will leave my class that day, and stay at the second class throughout the day. I was in Class A, and there is Class A - Class F. They normally beat noise makers immediately after break time, so if I can just manage to escape it for that day that's all.
So the next day I will come back to my class smiling and making fun of the others. I didn't realize that all our punishment is being stored. So if your name was written 2day, and you escaped being punished, if your name should be written the next day again, it will be. 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, e.t.c (I wasn't aware of it before)
So I was still enjoying myself. Making noises and escaping the punishments. I gave the scope to some of my friends too. So there was one day, the godogodo man came to our class unexpectedly with a long list of criminals (so we were being called then). The list contained the name of all of us that have been avoiding punishment. He came with lots of senior students in case we tried to run. I was shivering. Thinking... God. What is going to happen today.
So he called thr first name, Rotimi... Noise Maker .... 36x. WHAT! (And those time, if your name was written 1x, you will get 7 hot strokes of dried cane). Meheen, when my name was called.. Yeahmann (not real name) x49... I almost fainted. Meheen I was beaten beaten beaten beaten beaten beaten beaten and beaten. Kai I still they remember that day. Since then I never make noise again. (Na lie) No matter how much I tried not to make noise, I still do. And the funny thing is that, it seems the monitor hates me. Maybe it's because I was a very cute kid then, and all the girls really like me, that's why he usually provoke me to make noise.
But as a very intelligent young boy, we devised another method of making as many noise as we like without getting punished. YEAH. We always go to another class and make noise there. Since they don't know our name, their monitor will just write, that boy from A Class x5.

Best and most hilarious comment i have read on NL this year. Cant just stop laughing. It is like many things are common to public school.

1 Like

Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by verajite(f): 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
ā€ˇkkhtlina sugar.jpg (31.1 KB)
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Rapmoney(m): 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
El Guapo: Write down names of noisemakers?

Like seriously, Nigerian teachers can be clueless. embarassed

Walk into a class and let your personality speak for you, let yo charisma shut the kids up and not embarking on a 'military strategy' - Names of noisemakers cheesy

If you don teach for school wen dey place like Okumagba Layout for Warri before, you go know say your charisma na yeye. Na cane the pikin dem dey fear. Na cane be the teacher charisma!

1 Like

Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by costandi(m): 11:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
Me wey dey play ball for inside class. Big bladder ball o. U never jam. Dem dey write my name for the list before time sef.
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by UyiIredia(m): 11:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Back in primary school I used to be the class captain writing names of noisemakers. I was a class captain, esp from PRI 3 to 5 which I recall well.
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Katieposh(f): 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
My own class captain na yeye boy. E fit write noise makers list 50times in a day leaving u in confusion of which one dem go submit. See beating after closin hour. Pour sand sand 4 him mouth. D nxt day if u make noise e go politely tell u ' pls kip quiet, I will start writin d list now. But if na our former class captain, dat guy...oridimeji, u go tink say him pen lost 4him bag d way e go dey bend search am meanwhile e has written all of una name.

1 Like

Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by drnoel: 11:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
How can my name be written, when I was the one writing the names....
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by chronique(m): 11:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
Oh yea,I was restless,talkative in nature and very funny. It was so bad that my teacher wrote on my report card that I was a clown. My mum almost killed me with beating. My name was virtually on almost every list written. I not only made noise but also gave nicknames to teachers and secretly made jest of them. I remember calling my class teacher pkoko-pkoko face cos he had massive boil-like pimples all over his face and he was light in complexion. He asked the whole class to keep quiet and asked the prefect to write names of noisemakers down. He later passed by the window,heading towards the staff room. Out of boredom,I yelled and called him that name no student will dare call him by(we usually called him by that name secretly). Only God knows what entered my head that day. The man walked into the class and asked who called him that name but everyone kept quiet. He flogged the whole class and people wept and cried seriously. Even when I offered to tell the truth(I felt bad seeing innocent people cry),my friends said no;I should keep quiet. It got to my turn and He said he knew I was the one who said that... I was popular among my peers and they knew I was the one but nobody talked. I also remember calling my yoruba teacher gbidon-gbidon(magician) cos she wore one cinderella-like kinda shoe(shine-shine shoe) to school and it looked really funny on her. She was teaching and I asked her what magician meant in yoruba language and she replied. Prior to that,we were already secretly making jest of her shoe and giggling and I guess she suspected. Then,I asked: "how do I say someone's shoe looks like a magician's shoe"? The whole class errupted in laughter. She didn't waste time to use fat pkankere on me. I practically made jest of almost all my teachers(parambulator - nysc corper,mr adigun -english teacher wey dey tabon from time to time,yoruba teacher- the chief magician herself,intro-tech/T & D/class teacher - mr pkokopkoko face,mr rotimi - biology teacher wey dey gbagaun like mad,pomo lips - our school gateman,my agric teacher - she was very ugly and her face was enough to discourage me from liking the subject,etc) and I was a regular customer with the list of noise makers. The only reason my name won't be on the list is if I do not come to school.

High school was fun!

2 Likes

Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Kenfil(f): 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
kizmartino: I really b bad boy for sch oo..

Who has read '1week 1trouble'?..mine was 1minute,double trouble..grin grin

u cnt b a saint in boarding at all...
After light out it was a crime to talk..nd I normally brek dat1 cus dat was official time for sokis(hope u all understand)

chai..every friday was judgement day..really love hate it..

Any boarder or Ex. In da house?
AsOki and concortion lol....boarding Skul was fun and crazy at d same time
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Ibime(m): 11:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
I was class captain from primary 3 to JSS 1.

As a solid man, I hardly ever write names, yet still manage to control my class.

Yet the same ninjas did not give me a single vote in JSS2 elections because I hardly ever write names.

Which one una want?

As for flogging, I was never scared of cane. Infact I enjoy it and was known as iron man in secondary school. The only ninja to collect 75 strokes without flinching. Na the teacher hand go tire.

The one day I cried after doing 100 frog jumps and collecting 30 strokes on my back, come see as girls dey hug me cos they know I never cry. cheesy
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 11, 2013
My name was dia every day of d week nd every week of d mnth nd every mnth of d year. I got used 2d flogn nd kept makin noise cos i knew d only punishment was flogin,kneelin unda d sun nd many more
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by rockbase360: 12:13am On Oct 11, 2013
Afam4eva: I was the one writing the names of noisemakers, so there's no way i would have written my name.

one idiot actually included his name back in secondary school. WE MADE HIM WRITE IT..WE ALL GO DOWN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by chefremy(m): 12:19am On Oct 11, 2013
the only time den no dey write names of noise makers na wen i dey absent for school. I remember my classteacher's comment on my report card that i have many companies. My dad saw it and asked if i was a business man.
All changed when i was voted the class captain,i quickly became a peacemaker and mediator,which left all my cronnies dissappointed at my sudden convertion.
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by mspee(f): 12:27am On Oct 11, 2013
Nah. cool
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by ogtavia(m): 12:36am On Oct 11, 2013
Baybe: If you were in a "serious" mood, you would've just ignored the "unserious" topic instead of coming here to make people look stupi.d.

BTW, I'm only harsh when I have to be harsh.

sorry if u feel dt way(nt d s.t.u.p.i.d thingy).....btw when I meant ''serious'' mood,i meant ''serious'' vexing mood.....i needed a vent seriously and the post came in handy at d@ tym....abt d harsh thing,guess i didnt say it right,i meant blunt...
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Okwombageneral(m): 12:41am On Oct 11, 2013
my was everyday even when i didt come to school
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 11, 2013
ogtavia:

sorry if u feel dt way(nt d s.t.u.p.i.d thingy).....btw when I meant ''serious'' mood,i meant ''serious'' vexing mood.....i needed a vent seriously and the post came in handy at d@ tym....abt d harsh thing,guess i didnt say it right,i meant blunt...
No wahala, we're good smiley
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Okwombageneral(m): 12:53am On Oct 11, 2013
my was everyday even when i didt come
to school
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 11, 2013
Was I a noisemaker?
Oh dear
All my reports cards from primary one always had the remarks

" very intelligent student but should talk less in class"

And my dad will say,my dear daughter if it is the talking that is making you to carry the first position,please continue,don't stop
So armed with the blessings of My father I talked away
Got into FGGC somewhere and would make silly silent jokes and mimic the teacher while they had their backs turned ,writing on the board, people will laugh and get into trouble.
I would Pass notes with jokes about the teacher ,people will be giggling ,the teacher will intercept the note,and I get punished grin
I will never forget the Youthcorper that came in with his fly open
Na so I begin dey cough,dey clear my throat,the whole class was laughing like crazy.Mr Adekunle left our class and vowed never to return ,reported us to the principal
The whole class cut grass taya
Another teacher couldn't pronounce tse tse fly,he called it chi chi flies
So I would always ask him questions to hear him say chi chi flies
So sir ,I would ask,what exactly are the flies that caused sleeping sickness
He will say chi chi flies and people will be hiding to laugh
Then another day,Mr lateef,the flies!what is their life span?the flies that caused sleeping sickness
And he will say,oh,you mean chi chi flies
And the whole class would laugh
grin grin grin grin
I was bad o
Class jester
I was a class prefect and made noise with the class grin
I even had to be demoted by the class mistress because I wasn't a class prefect material,too noisy grin
But lo and behold due to my academic prowess I became library prefect and was punishing junior students for being noisy when I was on duty
Chei grin
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 11, 2013
;DMy class captain was in d habit of multiplyin my own noise-makin by @last 3,but she leaves her friends out even when they joined me in disturbin d class, so I always wrote my ow version of d list with her name & her friends names multiplied by 100(though nobody send me so nobody go collect am 4 ma hand), sometimes I ended-up tearin d list, or when we were being flogged I mentioned dos that were ommited. Alas one day d proprietor of my sch walked in & said henceforth we were not 2 b flogged 4 noise-making cos sometimes as humans u just needed 2 make some noise grin
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by mamagee3(f): 1:33am On Oct 11, 2013
Yes, my name was written several times. . .

And he wicked teachers made me labor as punishment.

1 Like

Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 11, 2013
;Dhahahaha. funny stories I was always writing the noisemakers' names. Tuale for my fellow captains,monitors.
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by trolling(m): 3:29am On Oct 11, 2013
Me I be real noise maker o, the thing be say,our teacher go dan tell the class prefect to write noise makers without our knowledge and before you know it our teacher gets to call out our names when he comes back from his meeting,chai Mr Afful you bulala my nyash wella, because I be notorious noise maker,Mr Afful go soak the cane inside water,make am sit for sometime then use am wire my nyash chai I suffer for school o,all because of girls,even our female class prefect wey like me write my name down,i no fit forget how Mr Afful go tell me make i use the cane to take soak the water for basin,chai
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by belicov(m): 5:05am On Oct 11, 2013
Acidosis:

are you a wizard? grin
na we gan gan b noise
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by kandiikane(m): 5:07am On Oct 11, 2013
Well, I was really a talker. When I was in grade four, I came 9th out of 33. Going home, I knew I was dead because I had to come between 1st and 3rd. On my report card it said 'talkative'. Anyway, long story short, my grandma beat the hell out of me when I got home(Your reportcard normally gets picked up by a family member) and whilst doing so, she was like "so ah send you go school foe mek you go tok? na you be di chief of di talkers?" Following day, she took me to class(not before insulting me and hitting me inside the 'gele gele' van in front of people) and told the teacher to beat me anytime I talk in class. The teacher did not waste time, he beat me with his black pipe right after my granma left.

lol, I remember calling my teacher goat once after he called me one because of my talking, Ahh I regretted that comment that day.
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by jaryeh(m): 5:14am On Oct 11, 2013
chai! Omo,skul days bn swit gan o

In PRY 5 class,na die hard tinz o,if person make noise na N5. If name get x2 ,x3 etc,na N5 x2 nd x3 be dat o. Bt dn,i no day 2 enter list.i be gently guy. 4 2nd term,i becum captain,cum c,u go fear! Noise making enter N10 o. Na me day colect am dn,if term cn end ,we go use d 1 wey remain buy refreshments b4 we colect report card. 4 PRY 6 2 na d same tin.

when i enter Jss1 ,omo na same tin o,go reach jss3.

So,all doz time na enjoyment i day cos na me day in charge.

wn we enter ss1,tinz cum change,guys dn mature,we no day mak noise ,every body stil day form 'i want to be an engineer,a doctor etc'

wn we reach ss3,we cum start day whyn teacherz,chai! Na dat 1 day swit pass. Teacherz cum lyk to day cum our class cos we go mak dm laf no be small. Na our chemistry teacher enter whynin pass. Our agric teacher cum becum our padi,na me day whyn am pas cos dat tym i no day do agric.....we go use half of d whole period day whyn ourself .mehn.
Na long story o. My secondary skul pals day miss me lyk crase nw.
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by sapientia1(m): 6:19am On Oct 11, 2013
xynerise:
Your teachers dont know how to flog.

In my school, the nicknames of my teachers explain how tough they are when it comes to flogging.

You will hear names like

Mr. Show
Dr. Do good.
Baba Lefty
Mr. Okolo etc. If them flog you, your life will never remain the same grin
LOL...this is d funiest post av eva read on NL!
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by blkmum700: 6:29am On Oct 11, 2013
No body beat class captain for here,any class captain way write my name don die for clossing hour,me and my guys de beat dem like mad the next day we go still chop cane from class teacher say we beat class captain,we always beat them so tey dem no de write our names again.na class teacher de write our name by their self for each class we enta.
Re: Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? by Lashifon: 6:33am On Oct 11, 2013
My name didnt make de list not evn 4 ones....i was a saint back then

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Protest At Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma Over School Fees Increment (Pics) / Adeyemi College Of Education Post Utme And Admission Process Information Here! / Started ICAN In SS3, Bags First-Class At 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.