Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) (24928 Views)

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers / AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / Bauchi State Govt Sacks 194 Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 11, 2013
Why are Tinubu e-rats supporting ASUU in the ongoing immoral strike? It is Politics, politics, politics!!!

I wonder why payment of the lecturer's earned allowance was released when the strike has not been called off? That was a dumb strategy.

No work no pay strategy should have been implemented from day one. It is immoral, criminal, wicked and atrocious for people to be paid salaries for NO work. That is corruption. That is tantamount to payment of GHOST WORKERS.

11 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by nerodenero: 8:53am On Oct 11, 2013
To say Uncle Jona was a former lecturer and allowed this strike to linger this long is seriously appalling. If the Government of old were insensitive to the plight of the Lecturers and the rot in the educational sector, the government of the day can't claim ignorant. Uncle Jonaboy, wake up from your slumber, remember these lecturers were your former colleague, speedily come to their rescue, reposition the educational sector and give hope to the poor masses whom largely the current crisis affects. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by touch4mony: 8:55am On Oct 11, 2013
SLIDE waxie: it is true. But salary is not allowance, and the circular has just been passed.

By the way, why is the FG itself when it will still pay whateva it is trying to owe?
was govt suppose to pay them allowance,there allowance is suppose to come from there IGR and not from govt as the president made it clear that the 130billions was jst an insentives from the govt so the can go back to the classroom but those ASUU criminal are seen it as a counstitution right.let the student go on protest against ASUU,we both will how they will thief the 100billion given to them with no single project completed.assu my foot

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by ALTRUTH(m): 8:57am On Oct 11, 2013
Infact if possible, all d lecturers on strike shld b sacked and replaced; I recommend a blanket sack! Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by touch4mony: 9:06am On Oct 11, 2013
SLIDE waxie: it is true. But salary is not allowance, and the circular has just been passed.

By the way, why is the FG itself when it will still pay whateva it is trying to owe?
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by taharqa: 9:08am On Oct 11, 2013
agabaI23: UNIBEN paid a year and half earned allowance. It is no secret. Some received over a million while some under. I was reliably informed that the least paid received 700k.
I can personally confirmed this in Uniben. When I heard that sm of my 'guys' got more than a million naira in ALLOWANCE last week (and it was even half of it- from 2009 to 2011), I almost fainted. I thought d Earned Allowance ASUU was fighting for is sm small money. No wonda they are not yet willing to call off d strike- 2011 to 2013 hv not yet bn paid for Teaching staff. Although I heard (can't confirm this though) that Non-teaching staff hv received their own Allowance in full
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Vivly(f): 9:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Failing to pay lectures their earned allowances now would only complicate problems for the FG. If only they had stopped payment of salaries from day one, agreements would have been met.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2013
taharqa: I can personally confirmed this in Uniben. When I heard that sm of my 'guys' got more than a million naira in ALLOWANCE last week (and it was even half of it- from 2009 to 2011), I almost fainted. I thought d Earned Allowance ASUU was fighting for is sm small money. No wonda they are not yet willing to call off d strike- 2011 to 2013 hv not yet bn paid for Teaching staff. Although I heard (can't confirm this though) that Non-teaching staff hv received their own Allowance in full

Am happy for ASUU. They have suffered for too long. If they haven't gone on strike I am very sure that Jonathan wouldnt have paid up.
I urge them to proceed with the strike if they want the remaining years still been owned to be paid. Even the one being held back currently will be paid. This is the only language our govt understands and I expect ASUU to be steadfast this time around. This yearly strike from them should end this year 2013.

I strongly believe that a labourer is entitled to his wages. Only Jonathan e-cockroaches will support men like Dokpesi owning his workers months of wages.

4 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by 99100(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2013
I am not in support of these lecturers strike hence i will support no work no pay.
They seem to have a mission from hell to destroy what is left of the bad situation they say govt has created.
How else can any sane person put it when prolong ,crippling,disruptive and destructive strikes have become the main work of university lecturers instead of making what they say is a very bad situation better by teaching our students.With total commitment and dedication? in all of my readings about desirable change, strike is meant to be short,sharp and very specific in order to make a clear and sound point.But here our lecturers have turned strike into the real work and issues in contention are so omnibus that u do not really know what it is in particular they are striking about.
For instance,in the ongoing three month long strike,the 'strikers',sorry i mean lecturers,have included among their grievances the non-alienation of federal landed property near some universities to d institutions!This demand is so ludicrous that in one of d remarks President Goodluck Jonathan made during his recent media chat he said he wondered how that demand became a part of d agreement in d first place.
ASUU are not just and sincere in thier demand hence i will never back them.

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by taharqa: 9:32am On Oct 11, 2013
Demdem:

Am happy for ASUU. They have suffered for too long. If they haven't gone on strike I am very sure that Jonathan wouldnt have paid up.
I urge them to proceed with the strike if they want the remaining years still been owned to be paid. Even the one being held back currently will be paid. This is the only language our govt understands and I expect ASUU to be steadfast this time around. This yearly strike from them should end this year 2013.

I strongly believe that a labourer is entitled to his wages. Only Jonathan e-cockroaches will support men like Dokpesi owning his workers months of wages.
I don't appreciate FOOOLS quoting me. Plz, be adviced...

9 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by wesley80(m): 9:57am On Oct 11, 2013
tpacalipse: ASUU can never be owed by anyone. Govt shall pay and its hands will be washed by water in case there are remnants sticking there. When ASUU calls off the strike, no pay no work policy would start again. For more than one year now, at every congress of ASUU, it has always been discoursed that this strike may go on for two years and the lecturers knew what they were in for before the strike commenced. No one will back down in this struggle to reposition the universities in this country. No work no pay will eventually become no pay no work. Govt will beg to pay and even ASUU will refuse to collect. They shall pay in multiple folds. Some of you think ASUU is like other toothless union in Naija. Or you think is like that agbero union some of ya papa belong to.
So why were they in a hurry to share FG's money then? Keep kidding yourself I know a number of 'senior' lecturers that were already in a hole before this disbursement.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by agabaI23(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2013
Demdem:

Don't make it sound as if the govt is doing them a favour. This is money being owed them over the years and its their right.
Besides, what abbout the remaining. Until ASUU receives all what they are being owned, I don't expect them in classes.
In your earlier post, you asked If a poster was sure the money is in the recipients' accounts. Now Youve seen a comfirmation, you chose to find faults with semantics. I don't even see where I sounded like it was a favour. I was clearing the air about whether the money has been paid or Not which was your earlier concern.

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Idrismusty97(m): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2013
ASUU claimed they would keep on fighting. Lets see how strong they will be now.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 11, 2013
No food for lazy man, a labourer must earn his keep. The selfish bufoons will starve and in no time have no choice than to be reasonable.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by djeezy(m): 10:27am On Oct 11, 2013
The no work no pay policy. That's what Ameachi did to the striking sect of RSUST lecturers. Ever since they went on strike, they've not been paid. New lecturers were recruited, probably on contract alongside the remaining lecturers who opted out to keep the university running and luckily, RSUST is not on strike. This no work no pay policy will create division amongst the ASUU members as some will form a faction to go back to class.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by ddeola: 10:28am On Oct 11, 2013
This government is "funny". Anyway, I don't blame them when their children are studying abroad where the governments are responsible. By the grace of God, Nigeria will be delivered from mediocrity in the leadership.

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2013
Not all state university will been from this allowance I wonder why state uni re also on strike Federal uni just they use state uni to complete the greedy goal
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Wendyslim(f): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2013
Govt just dey use the money for bizness which is payable after strike. Sick country.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2013
taharqa: I don't appreciate FOOOLS quoting me. Plz, be adviced...

Bigger fools will come on an online forum that is anonymous and expect not to be qouted. Get that to ur dumb skull and shove ur advice back into ur a*se.

6 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by kenedy175(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2013
No work no pay had started since August. Academic staffs havnt received salary for 2 months and counting. so why is FG Saying it nw?
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Frosti(m): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2013
Why on earth would you be expecting to be paid when you ain't working?

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 11, 2013
Should a striking worker be paid in the first instance? Our labour laws need a serious and urgent review..
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 10:38am On Oct 11, 2013
agabaI23: In your earlier post, you asked If a poster was sure the money is the recipients' accounts. Now Youve seen a comfirmation, you chose to find faults with semantics. I don't even see where I sounded like it was a favour. I clearing the air about whether the money has been paid or Not which was your earlier concern.

That poster last week opened a thread where he alleged that ASUU were given billions of naira by FG to share among themselves. That was a lie.
The money paid by govt was to the unis to pay for part of the debts being owned by them to ASUU. Even at that, as at last week, verifications were ongoing and the money hasn't gotten to them yet.
That explains my question that was directed to him.
That ASUU is being still owned years of allowances is a fact and I expect govt to pay up.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Korrection(m): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2013
Onlytruth: I am a STRONG supporter of No Work No Pay in this case.
Unbridled unionism should be proscribed in Nigeria's university system.
ASUU should be proscribed the same way Egypt proscribed the Moslem Brotherhood and confiscated their assets.
ASUU's assets (whatever is left of it) should be seized, sold, and their proceeds used to pay students some form of bursary as compensation/remediation for breached contract.
Do you know what ASUU is demandihg for? If you dont know please shut ur mouth...visit universities and you'll understand..

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Walexz02(m): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2013
cry
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by begwong: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2013
So dem still dey pay them all this while!

Operation recoup salary not worked for shd be implemented immediately
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by ignis: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2013
Nice move by the FG, though long over due... Am in full support of this...

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 10:41am On Oct 11, 2013
Idrismusty97: ASUU claimed they would keep on fighting. Lets see how strong they will be now.

Their fight so far has made some of them millionaires. ( their rights and entitlements)
When they didn't fight but were begging govt, they got nothing.
Do u think they should stop fighting even when they are still being owned years of past entitlements?
Only known fools like tahat, weslefool will expect them to.

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by rottable(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2013
hmmmmmm, uncle t.b joshua said the strike will be called-off on 2nd of april 2017. Is like it is becoming a reality

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jambites Did You Noticed This??? / A'eesha Humayrah Abaji, ABU Best Graduating Medical Student / Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.