Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) (24927 Views)

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers / AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / Bauchi State Govt Sacks 194 Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by simpleseyi: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
Abacha tried this in the 90s and he went 6-feet under the soil. Jonathan is now doing same, I hope he doesn't follow Abacha to where he is. No money to honour agreement with ASUU but Jonathan included money to buy additional presidential jets in this year's budget despite having 9 jets already. Jonathan has been dashing money to millitants, Tompolo just bought a private jet and Asari Dokuboh just established private university from Jonathan's gifts.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by paker002: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
wesley80:
Was that the year they were supposed to teach you common sense? Now see what you've become after you go say strike good!
You better go back to mali.... cos you dont understand simple english... what he was trying to say is that we need to take O.A.U and its likes back to what it used to look like before demdoncrazy came onboard..........lets fight for the future of unborn kids.... abi for the school wey u graduate wetin new wey PDP crew don build there people suffered for that and thats why we had it .... its not yet time to sit back and enjoy... its time to build and not share loots in Asshole rock

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by amaechijay: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
whose fault? Federal government or the lecturers? you don't have to call me names dear
anyaekekehinde:

You are the one that is silly not to know it was an agreement reached by both parties in 2009 and a fresh MOU was signed in 2012, you also silly to think you can enter into agreement with someone and renege. For the records General Electric does not employ fresh graduates taught in Nigeria, you can research it here on nairaland or linkedIn they would rather go to USA and other foreign schools to recruit Nigerian graduates , why? Because they know Engineers in Nigeria don't have stuff, and you think that is not shameful enough.

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by paker002: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
simpleseyi: Abacha tried this in the 90s and he went 6-feet under the soil. Jonathan is now doing same, I hope he doesn't follow Abacha to where he is. No money to honour agreement with ASUU but Jonathan included money to buy additional presidential jets in this year's budget despite having 9 jets already. Jonathan has been dashing money to millitants, Tompolo just bought a private jet and Asari Dokuboh just established private university from Jonathan's gifts.

dont be suprised... that G.E.J idea of investment na... no dey dull... abi babangida sef do am with glo "as it was said"

next time una sef go look well before letting a militant become the presido
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Cuteclem: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
what kind of country is this my people why would ASUU share a money dey rejected, how many times will govt say no work no pay I thought we heard this August, is this what gej meant by he will put an end to strikes soon ,what happened to NLC solidarity strike, and now nupeng and phcn have barked again, I think some early missionary that were killed cursed this country even obj said so
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
simpleseyi: Abacha tried this in the 90s and he went 6-feet under the soil. Jonathan is now doing same, I hope he doesn't follow Abacha to where he is. No money to honour agreement with ASUU but Jonathan included money to buy additional presidential jets in this year's budget despite having 9 jets already. Jonathan has been dashing money to millitants, Tompolo just bought a private jet and Asari Dokuboh just established private university from Jonathan's gifts.
And some God forsaken bastards are posting nonsense here in support of the federal government. I wish ASUU can allow the government to increase the IGR of Universities as planned so that their agitation can be met then am sure that most of the OLORIBURUKUS typing gibberish will drop out of school due to inability to pay fees and others will not be able to sponsor their wards to university...lobatan....
Will Nigeria get to the promise land
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Coolegz(m): 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b][/b]nice one. Thats gud bt i think the should threaten them with sack ;
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by mooregan(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, u obviously don't know how the uni system work. If otherwise, u would have known that the year eventually held.
Oponu, strike isn't a good thing but considering the kind of miserable leaders we have currently, that is the only language they know.
The strike that made Jonathan pay this one will make him also pay the balance.
No shaking.
I've observed you've called almost everybody who's not seeing things from ur own point of view FOOLS. Do u think u r any better? Can't u raise ur point without insulting anybody? Mr too sabi like you.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by anyaekekehinde(m): 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
amaechijay: whose fault? Federal government or the lecturers? you don't have to call me names dear

Pls i feel so sorry for that name calling. And terribly guilty. I'm sorry, pls pardon me. It was just a transfer of aggression. I just felt too bad because of many reasons;
1 our government is terribly wicked, how can you enter our agreement with someone and later renege. Can you imagine this, the father of okonjo iweala was part of ASUU negotiating team. So this people know the nitty-gritty of whats going on. Let me shock you, the Fg refused to pay the lecturers their allowance since 2009, i learnt they have just being paid 2009-2011 allowance this week, because of the intensity of the strike. If your employer treat you like that,will you be encouraged to teach.

2 How would you feel, being an Electrical Engineering Fresh graduate with good grade,You applied for a Job at General Electric GE, GE just look at your CV, and throw it asside. Why? He was schooled in Nigeria. Many of the undergraduate calling for ASUU's Head, dont know whats up until they graduate and go for a job interview alongside foreign trained nigerians.

Once again, i'm sorry for the name calling and i have edited the name calling post.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by engrflames: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
Good for ASUU, at least they will feel part of the pain students are going through. I Believe about 80% of their demand is for their welfare package, so they have to make sacrifices for their demands and not only students.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Norajones(f): 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
Good step,,lets see what happens next.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by onyeka205(m): 5:15am On Oct 12, 2013
Don Magic Juan: FG should not only stop their salaries but also evict any occupying staff quarters and also give them 30 days ultimatum to return back to work or get the sack.

Enuff is enuff!

The FG should do all these so that you can return to class and be fed with trash while their children are in better universities abroad acquiring better skills. Nigeria spends about N160billion anually to acquire better education in Ghana. Ghana was on strike for 3yrs and got their educational system on a right footing and today Nigerians are spending heavily to acquire a better education in Ghana. Why can't Nigeria get theirs right so that other countries would be trooping into Nigeria to acquire a qualitative education? This is why ASUU is on strike and needs the support of everyboby.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by agabaI23(m): 8:54am On Oct 12, 2013
obayaya:

amongst the negotiation team for ASUU.. there's a certain Prof. Chukuka Okonjo who I believe is professor Ngozi okonjo iweala's father.

Prof. Ngozi okonjo iweala was the minister of. finance in 2009 when this agreement was reached.

so is the honorable minister telling us that his royal Majesty her father was stupid when they renegotiated this agreement.

or was Prof. Ngozi okonjo iweala so daft back then in. 2009 that she didn't see that the agreement wasn't feasible.

if the figures in this agreement were to be adjusted according to inflation, the Federal government should be paying more.
Are You sure Ngozi served in YarAdua's administration or is it just a case of giving a dog a bad name in order to hang him?
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by urchpath(m): 10:36am On Oct 12, 2013
Demdem:

Currently not but was once a student so I perfectly understand ur cries.
Infact before I matriculated in OAU, I have already lost a year.
The aim here is 2013 should be the last time we ever hear of ASUU going on strike. Let's work towards that.

And that is exactly y u have been ranting non-sense on this thread. No doubt you are possibly a member of the self-centered ASUU and care-less about the negative impact of this strike on students. U don't even have any intelligent point to offer here. All u do is call people fools and make a bigger fool of urself. My advice: just quite disgracing urself. And lest I forget, grow up! Thank you
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by urchpath(m): 10:58am On Oct 12, 2013
Demdem:

Their fight so far has made some of them millionaires. ( their rights and entitlements)
When they didn't fight but were begging govt, they got nothing.
Do u think they should stop fighting even when they are still being owned years of past entitlements?
Only known fools like tahat, weslefool will expect them to.

U are grossly annoying! Like u carelessly said "their fight has made some of them millonaires", if u listen to yourself very well u will understand how imbecilic you have become...some group of people becoming millonnaires @ the expense of the future of multitude of students. Smh!
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
mooregan:
I've observed you've called almost everybody who's not seeing things from ur own point of view FOOLS. Do u think u r any better? Can't u raise ur point without insulting anybody? Mr too sabi like you.

U are obviously wrong. I have no problem with peeps disagreeing with me. That is the beauty of life.
I only reacted in turn to those who deem it fit to call their entire household fools.
Look again and prove me wrong, demdem doesn't initiate insults.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
[s]
urchpath:

And that is exactly y u have been ranting non-sense on this thread. No doubt you are possibly a member of the self-centered ASUU and care-less about the negative impact of this strike on students. U don't even have any intelligent point to offer here. All u do is call people fools and make a bigger fool of urself. My advice: just quite disgracing urself. And lest I forget, grow up! Thank you

[/s]

Rubbish. Zero sense post.
So in ur daft state, ASUU fighting for what is being owned them and fulfilment of agreement signed is rant.
Oponu.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
urchpath:

U are grossly annoying! Like u carelessly said "their fight has made some of them millonaires", if u listen to yourself very well u will understand how imbecilic you have become...some group of people becoming millonnaires @ the expense of the future of multitude of students. Smh!

Will u STFU. Did I ask those that brought u to life not to become lecturers so that they also can be millionaires?
Did I even ask them not to be smart?
Don't be jealous of these hardworking peeps. It's their money. They worked for it and deserves even more than that.
It's not at the expense of iidiotic students like u, its their reward for their sweat.
Only ingrates like u will like to be taught freely and declare that the reward of ur teachers should come from heaven.
U sound daft. Really daft.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by urchpath(m): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
Demdem:

Will u STFU. Did I ask those that brought u to life not to become lecturers so that they also can be millionaires?
Did I even ask them not to be smart?
Don't be jealous of these hardworking peeps. It's their money. They worked for it and deserves even more than that.
It's not at the expense of iidiotic students like u, its their reward for their sweat.
Only ingrates like u will like to be taught freely and declare that the reward of ur teachers should come from heaven.
U sound daft. Really daft.

U are just a wild animal let loose from the zoo. So y should I go ahead n argue with anencephalic brainless psycho like u. So kid kip displaying ur skills here while I get back to my business.
FYI: my dad is a senior lecturer.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
[s]
urchpath:

U are just a wild animal let loose from the zoo. So y should I go ahead n argue with anencephalic brainless psycho like u. So kid kip displaying ur skills here while I get back to my business.
FYI: my dad is a senior lecturer.
[/s]

Rubbish.
U are an ingrate. A piece of shit who strongly believe that his father shouldn't be rewarded here on earth for his sweat.The same ur seeds will desire for u.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by chemashie(m): 7:18am On Oct 13, 2013
walad4yhu:

Ur ryt buh let em suffer as we'r suffering too cus even d strike no matter what must b call-off...
Who told you they are suffering? ASUU prepared well ahead of the strike and also informed their colleagues to do so.
Unilorin sacked lecturers got back their full salaries after 9years despite the fact that they were all working full time in other Universities across the country.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by juman(m): 7:49am On Oct 13, 2013
The government is doing too little to end the strike.

The government should settle ASUU.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by tundebj(m): 11:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
Our destiny is in bg trouble as a country, haha?
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Hearme(m): 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
agabaI23: UNIBEN paid a year and half earned allowance. It is no secret. Some received over a million while some under. I was reliably informed that the least paid received 700k.

how did you know?
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by agabaI23(m): 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Hearme:

how did you know?
Nice question! I got to know the way you found your way to Nairaland.com
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
Sweetlemon: I am sick and tired of seeing half-baked, half-fried and half-roasted so-called graduates who cannot construct simple sentences to save their lives! It's now or never. It has to be the full loaf of bread or no bread at all!

Nigerian students, I advice you to go to private schools. if you cannot afford that, then go start small businesses! Of what use is your education if you cannot secure good jobs afterwards? What use is your degree if it is not respected in international communites?

Please think about this. It's now or never. Join in the fight so that your kids can have a better future!
aauush! cheesy When she started with "I am sick and tired of seeing half-baked, half-fried and half-roasted so-called graduates who cannot construct simple sentences to save their lives!", I just knew she'd slip up somehow. cheesy
Some good advice though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jambites Did You Noticed This??? / A'eesha Humayrah Abaji, ABU Best Graduating Medical Student / Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.